Options

Entry to GA

OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
I have never been to GA.  I scored reserved tickets to both Wrigley shows.  For the second Wrigley show, a friend of mine won GA.  So what we'd like to do is have me join him in GA and have my wife and a friend of her's in my reserved seats.  It's my opinion that this is not any kind of an ethical violation; we have two members going and passing one ticket on to guests.  And that's not what I am here to ask.

What I want to ask is whether this is logistically possible.  As I see it, there are three possible scenarios:
  1. You get a wrist-band or something and we cannot do it.  I would want to know that in advance, because it would impact who gets his guest ticket, as my wife and I would be in my reserved seats.
  2. Ushers check phones. If this were the case, my buddy would send his guest ticket to my wife and I'd send mine to her friend (so my wife and I could just swap phones for the show)
  3. I'm overthinking this...it'll be fine (like, maybe they print paper "stubs" or something).  A lot of people are telling me this, but I'm not confident.
1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

Comments

• Options
    I don’t know for sure, but I would think that you give your phone to your wife and you go in with your buddy and she walks in with her friend and your phone would work. Or quite possible depending on how they are providing the tix on the phone, your wife may be able to login as you within whatever app or website that they’ll be delivering the tix through on her phone.
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    edited February 2018
    Bring a phone cover too. Last year it started pouring rain, minutes before the gates opened.
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Bring a phone cover too. Last year it started pouring rain, minutes before the gates opened.
    It was a monsoon. Don't forget the lightning! I was handlng out ziplock sandwich bags. They worked great! 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    They required three wristbands for GA at Wrigley last time. Who knows though with the electronic ticket changes this year. I would just plan on logistically entering with the person you plan on spending the concert with in the same section. I don't forsee any issues with that arrangement as likely GA will only have certain entrance gates as compared to other seating areas in the first place. Just my two cents though...
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    deadendp said:
    It was a monsoon. Don't forget the lightning! I was handlng out ziplock sandwich bags. They worked great! 
    $1 a bag
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,750
    Like $1 bottled water guy from 2013...that dude was a godsend! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    The answer is:

4. Nobody knows because this is a brand new system.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale