albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    I think Russian olympics should compete for Russia not OAR. I feel like they are being bullied or something.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Please watch this interview with Jamie Anderson.

Please watch and let me know what you thought!!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/anderson-trippin-after-winning-silver-medal-big-air
    if it’s the one where she threw in all the “new” lingo, it was terrible. that event was terrible too. most of this x-games stuff shouldn’t be in the olympics.
    Yep, that's the interview, lol.  I can't believe that there are people like her out in the world...
  • Options
    So in hockey, Germany won over Canada. This German team is really strong!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Annafalk said:
    I think Russian olympics should compete for Russia not OAR. I feel like they are being bullied or something.
    They're lucky that they were even allowed to compete in the olympics.  They had a government sponsored doping program!!!  
  • Options
    Annafalk said:
    They're lucky that they were even allowed to compete in the olympics.  They had a government sponsored doping program!!!  
    And that was horribly wrong of course. This whole thing just feels very strange.
  • Options
    Watching womens curling and Kim Eunjung is BEAUTIFUL and talented.  She kicked butt for Korea.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Annafalk said:
    This!  The win at any cost mentality that leads to state sponsored doping is so massively unfair to those who compete clean.  For so many, those years of training and dedication are undermined by those who cheat.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    edited February 2018
  • Options
    Congrats team USA for winning curling gold, well played!!!
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited February 2018
    Usa owned that. Sweden have been brilliant up to final. I love curling
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I love curling as well.
    USA with the Gold.
    Amazing.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    The US curling team peaked at the right time congrats.

ill take bronze in men’s hockey ... would have been nice to defend our Olympic title, but Germany played well.  Bettman says he’s not so sure the nhl is going to Beijing ... that’s fine ... “he asked why isn’t it in the summer Olympics, like basketball, he said they’d be there no problem in the summer, so would the players”.  I agree with him...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,452
    I love curling as well.
    USA with the Gold.
    Amazing.

shuffleboard on ice! surprised they could do it without beers in hand!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wow, Sweden won gold in curling for women !!!!!
  • Options
    Congrats to team Sweden and team USA on their curling golds.  Cheering for team Germany for hockey gold.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    USSR Olympic good faith!
  • Options
    Holy shit!  What an intense gold metal game.  
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,849
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Olympic hockey tournament was pretty good without the NHL...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Yeah, some of the games were good, on the scoreboard, but the play just wasn't near the same when the NHL players played.

Hope the NHL players play in the next Olympics.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    Yeah, some of the games were good, on the scoreboard, but the play just wasn't near the same when the NHL players played.

Get used to no NHL ... Bettman already said the NHL is not all that interested in Beijing...

Qulity of play was excellent.  How could anyone find fault with that gold medal game.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    cutz said:

Get used to no NHL ... Bettman already said the NHL is not all that interested in Beijing...

Qulity of play was excellent.  How could anyone find fault with that gold medal game.
    I'm old, so i was already use to watching the Olympics without NHL players>LOL

Gold Medal game was entertaining. 
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:

I'm old, so i was already use to watching the Olympics without NHL players>LOL

Gold Medal game was entertaining. 
    Another point, Betman is not dumb.  I’m sure he saw all the empty seats at hockey games ... Olympic hockey needs the NHL, the NHL does not need the Olympics.  Either way, I was quite pleased with men’s hockey ...

and I also remember Olympic hockey without the nhl ...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    The problem is that in most sports the amateur athletes are the best at their sport. But when it comes to hockey, the best at that sport are also in the NHL. I don't find that the "amateur" argument works in this case because of that. The Olympics are for the BEST athletes from each country too. I always agreed with the fact that they made an exception to that amateur rule for hockey.
    ?

If an athlete is an amateur then they are not the best in their sport.  A "pro"fessional is the best.

That goes for every sport.  Not everyone can be Bobby Jones.
    ?? So how are the rankings in the professional luge league these days? ;) .... Most Olympic sports simply do not have anything comparable to what we consider professional leagues, and that was my point. And even if there is a professional outlet, like in figure skating, that every specifically is NOT for the best athletes. It's for the ones who can't hack it in the amateur world anymore. Disney on Ice is definitely not packed full of skaters at the top of their careers! In most Olympic sports, athletes turn to professional options (if there are any) after they can't compete in big international amateur competitions anymore.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    If you receive any money to perform you are no longer an amateur.  Find me 1 athlete in the Olympics that does not have a source of income directly related to his or her sport.  We can get over this idea that the Olympics are an amateur athletic sporting events.  The Olympics are more about bringing together as many winter or summer sports as possible all in one location and bringing attention to sports most of us never watch except in the Olympics.

As for men’s hockey...as a Canadian hockey fan, our bronze medal team, made me very proud...they were extremely exciting.  The Gold Medal game was fantastic, oh, Germany came ever so close.

I wish the IOC would tell the nhl to go pound salt, that way we are not caught off guard a year away from Beijing ... I think if we assemble a national men’s team we will can compete for gold ... heck, we were in the mix at this Olympics.
    Give Peas A Chance…