Options

Radiohead tickets are $90 including fees

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    Not all are like that, though.  Was able to see War on Drugs, MMJ, Wilco, and QOTSA in the last year, all for under $60  Granted, they were in venues that held at most 5,000 people.  
    I like all of these bands, but none of them come anywhere close in terms of popularity to PJ and Radiohead.  At a festival, PJ and Radiohead headline while the bands you mentioned are second or third line bands.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Not all are like that, though.  Was able to see War on Drugs, MMJ, Wilco, and QOTSA in the last year, all for under $60  Granted, they were in venues that held at most 5,000 people.  
    I like all of these bands, but none of them come anywhere close in terms of popularity to PJ and Radiohead.  At a festival, PJ and Radiohead headline while the bands you mentioned are second or third line bands.  
    I agree with the popularity statement, but Wilco, MMJ and Queens are all headliners at this point. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    I agree with the popularity statement, but Wilco, MMJ and Queens are all headliners at this point. 
    Maybe some of the newer and smaller festivals they can pass as a headliner but no way they'd be the top billing at Lolla, Coachella, Bonnaroo, ACL and the other big ones.  
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    Queens played my hometown arena last month.  It only holds a max of about 6000 people.   PJ would never slum it and play my 6000 seat home arena :)
  • Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    It's incredibly frustrating when tickets go on sale and immediately you can only pull upper lvl seats lol. First world problems I know 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Just bailed on buying tickets to see Greta Van Fleet because with fees, they are just shy of $50 each to see them at the Cleveland Agora.  I'm okay to pay that for a more established band and admit that CD102.5 "Trust Us" concert series and Holiday Show where tickets were $10.25 + fees (making them a lil over $15 each) has spoiled me.  We've seen some great bands for cheap!  A 2 hour drive for an inexpensive concert works for me.  I will admit that the cheapest tickets we have gotten in recent years were $5.50 to see Car Seat Headrest and Lucy Dacus at the Rock Hall atrium.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Lower bowl seats for Smaching Pumpkins came just shy of $300.00 for a pair.  No thanks!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options

For Radiohead you get this (although this was the stage a couple of years ago). Looking forward to see what they do this time. I might go to both Toronto shows since they switch up their setlists. I have GA for night 2 already.

I got 1st row upper level for Smashing Pumpkins for around $100...ehh.. I guess I'll check it out.

• Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351

For Radiohead you get this (although this was the stage a couple of years ago). Looking forward to see what they do this time. I might go to both Toronto shows since they switch up their setlists. I have GA for night 2 already.

I got 1st row upper level for Smashing Pumpkins for around $100...ehh.. I guess I'll check it out.

It really is a great summer for those of us who came of age in terms of music in the 1990's...Pearl Jam...Radiohead...Smashing Pumpkins...U2...Foo Fighters...

I'd quite like to see Smashing Pumpkins again (finally saw them for the first time on their Oceania promo tour in 2012). However, they are playing in my area (Toronto) on August 8th and I've already purchased tickets to see some other band in Seattle on that very same day. No regrets whatsoever.

As for Radiohead, fingers crossed that I can get a pair tomorrow morning. That presale did not go well for me at all and I am expecting things won't be much better for the general public sale. We'll see. We'll see.
  • Options
    Reads11 said:
    It's incredibly frustrating when tickets go on sale and immediately you can only pull upper lvl seats lol. First world problems I know 
    Admittedly, I'll take anything tomorrow. I REALLY want to avoid the secondary market for this one ($$$$$$$$).
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    deadendp said:
    Just bailed on buying tickets to see Greta Van Fleet because with fees, they are just shy of $50 each to see them at the Cleveland Agora.  I'm okay to pay that for a more established band and admit that CD102.5 "Trust Us" concert series and Holiday Show where tickets were $10.25 + fees (making them a lil over $15 each) has spoiled me.  We've seen some great bands for cheap!  A 2 hour drive for an inexpensive concert works for me.  I will admit that the cheapest tickets we have gotten in recent years were $5.50 to see Car Seat Headrest and Lucy Dacus at the Rock Hall atrium.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JP218404 said:
    deadendp said:
    Should have got em. Greta is amazing live. Seen them 3 times 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    rummy said:
    Reads11 said:
    Admittedly, I'll take anything tomorrow. I REALLY want to avoid the secondary market for this one ($$$$$$$$).
    Try again! Friends tried at 10, no tickets available then tickets were all over the place.
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    deadendp said:
    I'm sure. Not for that venue and at that price. #Shithole
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    got two for MSG 7/13 $122 each after fees
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,906
    RH is worth $300 tickets. 

• Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,762
    Grabbed Radiohead tickets for Chicago, but pricing isn't that different unless you go waaaay back at United Center.
    Radiohead @ United Center, 300 level row 1 = $122 after fees
    Pearl Jam @ Wrigley Field, 10c GA = $124 after fees
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    I think people complaining about prices need to stop. We do not want Pearl Jam to start tier pricing. $200 for general admission and front half of lower bowl. $150 front half of upper level. $100 for back of lower bowl. $50 for whats left in the upper bowl.
    Yeah, DMB has completely screwed up Tiered Pricing

2012 the fan club started selling "Premium Packages" which were the best seats plus parking, poster, swag.  Shortly thereafter they broke the reserve seats into separate pricing tiers, with a difference of only $10.  Previously all reserve seats were assigned by seniority, from front of the venue to the back.  Now, senior members can get stuck in the upper sections thru the "Random" confirmation lottery, and it doesn't look very random; really appears to allow the fan club to get new members up front by putting senior members in the back.

This year there are 10+ price points across the various venues, and they've completely lost track of it.  Several amphitheater shows listed the following pricing tiers: $115 for Sections 1-3 (Lowers), $85 for Sections 4-8 (Uppers).  Yet once seat assignments came out a week ago, tons of folks confirmed for $115 seats were assigned seats in Sections 4-8  :o

Last year DMB started allowing TM/LN Platinum Seats

This year DMB is also allowing TM/LN Verified Resale
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Radiohead is a notoriously hard ticket to score at face, in NYC- Ive had a way harder time seeing them than I have PJ. That said I could easily buy a new car with the money Ive spent seeing them both.  Was stuck in the que for 20 minutes only to get nosebleeds for tuesday and a single for wednesday that took me hours. Still looking for Friday but I'll prob search for a decent single for that for $$$$ I'm sure closer to showtime.  This summer is Incredible in the music department- I feel very fortunate all my fave bands are playing, a very fortunate broke person  ;)
    Post edited by Reelingiswhattheysay on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Radiohead is a notoriously hard ticket to score at face, in NYC- Ive had a way harder time seeing them than I have PJ. That said I could easily buy a new car with the money Ive spent seeing them both.  Was stuck in the que for 20 minutes only to get nosebleeds for tuesday and a single for wednesday that took me hours. Still looking for Friday but I'll prob search for a decent single for that for $$$$ I'm sure closer to showtime.  This summer is Incredible in the music department- I feel very fortunate all my fave bands are playing, a very fortunate broke person  ;)
    I'm sure I've posted this in another thread, but this summer is indeed a dream come true if you are a fan of 1990's (alternative/indie) music.
  • Options
    i am convinced that TM waits 20 minutes before releasing any tickets to thwart the bots, and then they release them in batches. I know they do not do it for all acts, but that is how it seemed to go down yesterday.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    deadendp said:

Wow, Greta is still around! 
  • Options

Notorious is a big understatement. I've only seen them twice for that reason, RCMH and Roseland.

. Damn I miss Roseland, saw  Radiohead and RATM  there, best acoustics of any venue I've been at.

Had no luck at pairs for the four msg shows so I experimented with trying to buy singles, so sick of getting shut out for Radiohead, it's been 15 years

So I got two shows at msg and one in Boston. I'll be lonely, but will be making up for lost time ;-)
  • Options

Notorious is a big understatement. I've only seen them twice for that reason, RCMH and Roseland.

. Damn I miss Roseland, saw  Radiohead and RATM  there, best acoustics of any venue I've been at.

Had no luck at pairs for the four msg shows so I experimented with trying to buy singles, so sick of getting shut out for Radiohead, it's been 15 years

So I got two shows at msg and one in Boston. I'll be lonely, but will be making up for lost time ;-)
    Seriously? Roseland had the worst sound of any room in NYC IMHO. Even bands with great sound technicians like Wilco sounded terrible.  The venue was cool but every time I went I let disappointed with the sound.
  • Options

I too haven't seen RH since 2003 and couldn't get a pair for either Toronto show so I decided to grab a single for N2. It'll be interesting to say the least as I've never attended a concert on my own but what the hell? Why not!?!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

Seriously? Roseland had the worst sound of any room in NYC IMHO. Even bands with great sound technicians like Wilco sounded terrible.  The venue was cool but every time I went I let disappointed with the sound.

Wow, funny how we've had completely different experiences at Roseland

I recall Roseland had very clean four walls and ceiling. They did have a small side balcony if I recall correctly, and that could lead to sound issues. But it had no   beams or structure support if I recall correctly. That's what I look for regarding good sound.

Nasssu coliseum is one venue with terrible sound, due to all the beams on the ceiling. A smaller venue out on the island, the Paramount, suffers the same sound issues, with lots of beams at the top.

To your point, the same venue can have better acoustics depending on the act.

Saw Chevelle at the Paramount a couple months ago and they sounded crisp. Saw a new Rush cover band there yesterday, and the sound was back to the normal Paramount washed out acoustics. But this cover band has some serious talent ;-)
  • Options
    rummy said:

I too haven't seen RH since 2003 and couldn't get a pair for either Toronto show so I decided to grab a single for N2. It'll be interesting to say the least as I've never attended a concert on my own but what the hell? Why not!?!

Going alone is an interesting experience, and in the era of $300 lower level tickets, it's often necessary. 

Definitely lots of time to think about the band from only your own perspective, but I  try to not start climbing up the walls.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:

I recall Roseland had very clean four walls and ceiling. They did have a small side balcony if I recall correctly, and that could lead to sound issues. But it had no   beams or structure support if I recall correctly. That's what I look for regarding good sound.

Nasssu coliseum is one venue with terrible sound, due to all the beams on the ceiling. A smaller venue out on the island, the Paramount, suffers the same sound issues, with lots of beams at the top.

Saw Chevelle at the Paramount a couple months ago and they sounded crisp. Saw a new Rush cover band there yesterday, and the sound was back to the normal Paramount washed out acoustics. But this cover band has some serious talent ;-)
    It was the PA at Roseland that sucked. Muffled, distorted and you could hear it clip once in awhile.  But if your seeing bands like Chevelle, muffled and distorted is probably what you are looking for :)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:

It was the PA at Roseland that sucked. Muffled, distorted and you could hear it clip once in awhile.  But if your seeing bands like Chevelle, muffled and distorted is probably what you are looking for :)

Chevelle bashing, nice! But they do have  nice soothing guitar distortion.  You might as well send the pain below. 

Those two incredible impossible to get in shows (when both were at the beginning of their arena tour days) RATM & RH I was middle of ballroom right in the center, which may have something to do with my recollection of the sound, or maybe it was....
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    i am convinced that TM waits 20 minutes before releasing any tickets to thwart the bots, and then they release them in batches. I know they do not do it for all acts, but that is how it seemed to go down yesterday.
    I agree about yesterday. I bought Boston as a hedge on Friday since I haven't seen them in do long.

I couldn't get anything in pairs on my pc, so started trying for singles on my phone. Scored section 115 near the back. So I was quite happy with that and Boston

Then at 10.25am for a different msg night section 108 row 3 single popped up. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!
  • Options
    Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    edited February 2018
    Scored good seats to the Cincinnati show. First time getting to see Radiohead so really looking forward to it. This year is shaping up to be a great music year. Only need Car Seat Headrest to announce a show close to Indianapolis and it will be set lol.