*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited February 2018
    I think that's what this article is ultimately getting at - yes, he looked to improve his stroke, but instead ended up fucking everything up - including gettting the fucking yips. And now here we all are. And I gotta think it's only worse that he's 19 years old.

Saw that tweet where Embiid was doing an interview and was pretty open about the idea that it's the people around Fultz that are fucking him.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I've been saying it's in his head this entire time...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    embiid out tonight.  sixers hanging in there though. were down by like 24 at one point.  now only down by about 10 towards the end of the 3rd quarter.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    donovan mitchell = ROY. to say otherwise means you haven’t been watching.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited February 2018
    Wobbie said:
    Mitchel is a good scorer. He averages 3 more points than Simmons while taking 3 more shots. 

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

And he’s tied with Magic Johnson as the only rookies in NBA history with 6 triple doubles...and he still has 2 month’s left to play. 

Thanks for stopping by, Wob. 

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I've been saying it's in his head this entire time...
    Duly noted.
    edited February 2018
    Wobbie said:
    Mitchel is a good scorer. He averages 3 more points than Simmons while taking 3 more shots. 

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

And he’s tied with Magic Johnson as the only rookies in NBA history with 6 triple doubles...and he still has 2 month’s left to play. 

Annnnd boom. Methinks Wob only watches Jazz games. (the joke here is I only watch Sixers games)

EDIT: There is also this:

Process held his own out there last night...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Wobbie said:

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

Annnnd boom. Methinks Wob only watches Jazz games. (the joke here is I only watch Sixers games)

The reason why no one has had those stats before is because nobody has ever thought to make that a friggin stat...

I love when people make up shit to make something sound epic...
    edited February 2018
    Wobbie said:

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

The reason why no one has had those stats before is because nobody has ever thought to make that a friggin stat...

What do you mean? Those are 5 separate stats that, apparently, no one has ever averaged together in the same season. What's made up?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Wobbie said:

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

What do you mean? Those are 5 separate stats that, apparently, no one has ever averaged together in the same season. What's made up?
    It drives me batty that some numbers guy looked at these stats and said "hey look what he's done and no one else has!!!"

Willie Mays was quoted after Jose Canseco did 40/40 for the first time, different sport I know, he said "if I'd had known that'd be a big deal I would have tried to do it a few times. 

So I was curious as to what James Harden did last year.

He did not average what Simmons did for the year but his numbers were:
    Pts 31.3, AST 9.0, REB 5.1, STL  1.8, and BLK .7.

The year before that he averaged:
    Pts 29.1, AST 11.2, REB 8.0, STL  1.5, and BLK .5.

Harden might get to Ben's numbers soon, don't worry...

Seriously though, statisticians look really hard to come up with things.  

Now I will say that Simmons does look good and is well rounded I just hate the stupid stat that was never really thought of as a stat.  It doesn't have a ring like Triple-Double or Double-Double but he IS impressive.

edited February 2018
    The fuck is this guy droning on about? Those five categories are the most basic five categories in basketball. Nothing too advanced for a stat nerd to dive into.

EDIT: ALSO, what in the holy hell's flying fuck does James Harden have to do with a debate spurred by Wob about ROY and Donovan Mitchell?
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,852
    edited February 2018
    The fuck is this guy droning on about? Those five categories are the most basic five categories in basketball. Nothing too advanced for a stat nerd to dive into.

EDIT: ALSO, what in the holy hell's flying fuck does James Harden have to do with a debate spurred by Wob about ROY and Donovan Mitchell?
    My response was harsh so I changed it.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • The fuck is this guy droning on about? Those five categories are the most basic five categories in basketball. Nothing too advanced for a stat nerd to dive into.

This guy is droning about stats...  All the time someone brings up a new "stat".  
    This person is the youngest to achieve this at this age and no one else has or this person is the first to score 8 pts in 3 minutes of OT.  Just things like that.

I brought up Hardens numbers as they are close to Simmons' numbers all but the blocks.  What I was trying to show was that I could find someone real quick with similar numbers that Corey Seidman was tweeting about.

My guess is when people throw a bunch of numbers out there you don't find them pointless?
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    edited February 2018
    Wobbie said:

Simmons averages more:
    Steals
    Rebounds
    Assists
    Blocks
    Higher field goal %
    Better defensive rating
    Better +/- ratio
    Higher VORP
    Higher PER

eh kind of made up.  Magic surpassed all those stats at least 5 times other than blocks and was within .1.-3 of blocks numerous times.  Magic had more points and more assists per games 12x, more rebounds 4x and more steals 5x.  so basically you are saying a few block extra block shots makes Simmons unique even though he had less points, rebound, assists and steals than Magic did 4x?  and Magic was the only guy I even looked at to compare so there might be others.

and i'm not disparaging Simmons by bringing this up but the guy who tweeted these stats. kind of a false narrative if you ask me.

Simmons should be rookie of the year.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    edited February 2018

This guy is droning about stats...  All the time someone brings up a new "stat".  
    This person is the youngest to achieve this at this age and no one else has or this person is the first to score 8 pts in 3 minutes of OT.  Just things like that.

I brought up Hardens numbers as they are close to Simmons' numbers all but the blocks.  What I was trying to show was that I could find someone real quick with similar numbers that Corey Seidman was tweeting about.

My guess is when people throw a bunch of numbers out there you don't find them pointless?
    All about context. But I appreciate your predisposed hate for statistics.

Gentleman provides a bunch of (advanced) stats as to why Mitchell should be ROY (which I would hope drives you deliriously mad).  EDIT: I see Juggs brought up Simmons' advanced stats, but at any rate the issue is the same.Then I followed that up by providing a pretty succinct tweet that provides five (non-advanced) stats that should drive home the point on why he's a better ROY candidate than Mitchell - Mitchell scores, Simmons does everything.
    edited February 2018
    Talk about false narrative. One guy brings up Harden, another guy brings up Magic. Holy crow, you can't make this stuff up.

False narrative is selecting what you want out of a statement, or numbers, to present whatever made up thing is that's going on in your head. Which is exactly is happening here.

Must be Word Salad Day or something.
    Talk about false narrative. One guy brings up Harden, another guy brings up Magic. Holy crow, you can't make this stuff up.

False narrative is selecting what you want out of a statement, or numbers, to present whatever made up thing is that's going on in your head. Which is exactly is happening here.

Must be Word Salad Day or something.
    which is exactly what the original tweet did.  
    What is the false narrative? No other player has averaged those amounts over an entire season. That is statistical fact.
  • What is the false narrative? No other player has averaged those amounts over an entire season. That is statistical fact.
    You don't see how the guy that tweeted made it out to sound like what Simmons is doing is the best thing in the world?  
    edited February 2018
    What is the false narrative? No other player has averaged those amounts over an entire season. That is statistical fact.
    You don't see how the guy that tweeted made it out to sound like what Simmons is doing is the best thing in the world?  
    Did he say he's the best thing in the world? Or is that how you perceive it?

To me, him tweeting that out speaks to how fucking good he's been. I don't see where he said he's the best in the world. I do see where he said no other player has ever averaged those numbers over the course of a season. Granted, I do see where apparently steals and blocks have only been recorded for the last ~45 years. Regardless, I take that as = really fucking good.
    edited February 2018
    he is taking .2% of a block shot per game even though every other statistic is lower at times than what other player(s) have done and trying to make it seem unique.  If a guy averages more points, more assists, more rebounds and more steals per game but comes up .2% short on blocks per game are you really going to say that the player with the .2% more blocks per game is unique?  to me it's a huge stretch in the original tweet to make something more than it is.  Again not picking on Simmons at all, what is he doing is fantastic especially for a rookie. Just nit picking the original tweet.  and probably too much discussion on a dumb tweet anyway.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
    pjhawks said:
    he is taking .2% of a block shot per game even though every other statistic is lower at times than what other player(s) have done and trying to make it seem unique.  If a guy averages more points, more assists, more rebounds and more steals per game but comes up .2% short on blocks per game are you really going to say that the player with the .2% more blocks per game is unique?  to me it's a huge stretch in the original tweet to make something more than it is.  Again not picking on Simmons at all, what is he doing is fantastic especially for a rookie. Just nit picking the original tweet.  and probably too much discussion on a dumb tweet anyway.
    Yup. And that's why I think I'll let this die.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Ben Simmons is the ROY, so lets end this debate>LOL

Embiid cracks me up, and the Greek Freak too.

Giannis: Embiid told me to 'trust the process and come play for Philly'

by Victoria Nguyen 35m ago
    Jamie Squire / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Joel Embiid was even busier than we thought during All-Star weekend.

In addition to participating in the Rising Stars game, the Skills Challenge, and starting his first All-Star Game, the Philadelphia 76ers center also tried to squeeze in some tampering recruiting.

Milwaukee Bucks phenom Giannis Antetokounmpo revealed his Team Stephen teammate Embiid suggested he should join him on the 76ers.

"He told me I should trust the process and come play for Philly," Antetokounmpo said with a chuckle, according to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Matt Velazquez.

It drew a laugh from the reporters.

"That was my reaction - I just laughed," the superstar added.

Related: Embiid taking advantage of stardom: 'Having fun is another way to dominate'

Lovable, dominant frontcourt players are considered to be the future faces of the NBA. Embiid put up 19 points, eight rebounds, and two blocks in Team Stephen's 148-145 loss to Team LeBron, while Antetokounmpo chipped in 16 points, seven boards, and two dimes in L.A.

Unfortunately for Embiid, Antetokounmpo recently went on record saying he's not going anywhere as long as the Bucks continue moving in the right direction. Like Embiid, the Greek Freak also voiced his desire for a fellow All-Star to join his team, saying he wants Cleveland Cavaliers icon LeBron James to "come and play next year for the Bucks."

• cutz said:
    Ben Simmons is the ROY, so lets end this debate>LOL

Embiid cracks me up, and the Greek Freak too.

Giannis: Embiid told me to 'trust the process and come play for Philly'

by Victoria Nguyen 35m ago
    Jamie Squire / Getty Images Sport / Getty

Joel Embiid was even busier than we thought during All-Star weekend.

In addition to participating in the Rising Stars game, the Skills Challenge, and starting his first All-Star Game, the Philadelphia 76ers center also tried to squeeze in some tampering recruiting.

Milwaukee Bucks phenom Giannis Antetokounmpo revealed his Team Stephen teammate Embiid suggested he should join him on the 76ers.

"He told me I should trust the process and come play for Philly," Antetokounmpo said with a chuckle, according to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Matt Velazquez.

It drew a laugh from the reporters.

"That was my reaction - I just laughed," the superstar added.

Related: Embiid taking advantage of stardom: 'Having fun is another way to dominate'

Lovable, dominant frontcourt players are considered to be the future faces of the NBA. Embiid put up 19 points, eight rebounds, and two blocks in Team Stephen's 148-145 loss to Team LeBron, while Antetokounmpo chipped in 16 points, seven boards, and two dimes in L.A.

Unfortunately for Embiid, Antetokounmpo recently went on record saying he's not going anywhere as long as the Bucks continue moving in the right direction. Like Embiid, the Greek Freak also voiced his desire for a fellow All-Star to join his team, saying he wants Cleveland Cavaliers icon LeBron James to "come and play next year for the Bucks."

I like Embiid.  He is a character.  Reminds me of Shaq with his big personality.
    Just another dominant all around performance by Ben and The Process...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Bench needs to pick it up
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Just another dominant all around performance by Ben and The Process...
    The process was "tanking" and no one got fined yet Cuban mentions that the team should "tank" and gets fined...

Thread integrity:  I have said this before, I hated the Process but am very happy to see Embiid and Simmons playing well.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The process was "tanking" and no one got fined yet Cuban mentions that the team should "tank" and gets fined...

Thread integrity:  I have said this before, I hated the Process but am very happy to see Embiid and Simmons playing well.
    The league made us change GM's. Guess you overlooked that. Cuban has a lot more problems than being fined right now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:

The league made us change GM's. Guess you overlooked that. Cuban has a lot more problems than being fined right now.
    The owners did that though and not the league essentially.  The league went right at Cuban and not from the request of the owners so I'd say it is different.

Cuban won't be made to sell his team.  He's been a progressive in the league.