2018 Winter Olympics

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Annafalk said:
    I’m listening on the radio at Sweden vs Germany in hockey, it’s really exciting!!!!
    Your idea of exciting hockey is quite different than mine ... international hockey is horrible...for goodness sakes, those referees our terrible.

It’ll either Canada v Germany or Sweden in the semi-final...which is about where I though we’d be...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Case in point, how bad the reffing is...Germany scores an obvious goal, referee was right there, he still had to go video review.

congrats Germany...

Germany vs Canada in the semi-final...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited February 2018
    Case in point, how bad the reffing is...Germany scores an obvious goal, referee was right there, he still had to go video review.

congrats Germany...

Germany vs Canada in the semi-final...

Congrats Germany :cry:
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588
    Hockey quarterfinal decided by Shootout.
    :rofl:
    What else do you need to say about Olympic hockey?  What.  A.  Frigging.  Joke.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

Of course shootouts are joke .... no team sport should be decided by a skills competition.  It was bad enough it’s used in international ... the nhl adopted it as well.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,588

Of course shootouts are joke .... no team sport should be decided by a skills competition.  It was bad enough it’s used in international ... the nhl adopted it as well.
    For regular season games with teams playing back to back and a long season I get it. (Although I don't like it)

The NHL does not use it once the playoffs start.

For regular season games with teams playing back to back and a long season I get it. (Although I don't like it)

I don’t like period ... no use for it ... if time was concern for the nhl, then go back to tie games.  Or reward teams by giving the 3 points for regulation win ... far to often when games are tied with minutes left teams go into a defensive shell to get that point for getting to OT.  Give teams reason to want to win in regulation...

either way it sucks for the us to lose that way...canada lost  some Olympic shootouts as well.

at least Germany finished Sweden off in to.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I don’t like period ... no use for it ... if time was concern for the nhl, then go back to tie games.  Or reward teams by giving the 3 points for regulation win ... far to often when games are tied with minutes left teams go into a defensive shell to get that point for getting to OT.  Give teams reason to want to win in regulation...

either way it sucks for the us to lose that way...canada lost  some Olympic shootouts as well.

In to... do you mean in two...two minutes. It was 25 years since Germany won over Sweden so they better enjoy it while they can.
    Annafalk said:

In to... do you mean in two...two minutes. It was 25 years since Germany won over Sweden so they better enjoy it while they can.
    I don’t mean it as a knock toward Sweden ... I was glad the game ended in overtime, not in a shootout...that’s all.  I agree Germany should enjoy it.  But I hope Canada takes them seriously...anyways this Olympic hockey feels weird without the nhl...hopefully they return in Beijing.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Annafalk said:

I don’t mean it as a knock toward Sweden ... I was glad the game ended in overtime, not in a shootout...that’s all.  I agree Germany should enjoy it.  But I hope Canada takes them seriously...anyways this Olympic hockey feels weird without the nhl...hopefully they return in Beijing.
    I’m sorry, was just feeling a little disappointed at the moment.
    I hope you will have a great day. :)
    Annafalk said:
    Annafalk said:

I’m sorry, was just feeling a little disappointed at the moment.
    I hope you will have a great day. :)
    I will ... thank you.  Sweden is a great hockey nation be proud...I got the pleasure of watching the greatest Swedish defensemen ever, novklas lidstrom...be proud...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    US Men Curling team with a huge win today.
    On to the semifinals.
    Great last 3 games.
    Hopefully then can continue tomorrow.

Great reffing in the woman’s gold medal game, Salt Lake City all over again...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • This slalom is boring
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Women's ice hockey
    "Asolutely zero comp between the US and Canada"
    @Meltdown99
    Granted, shootouts are horrible in important games (we agree on that) but your take appears to have been just a little bit off.

• Watching Lyndsy Vonn and her lines that she took during her last race, Combined, you could tell that she was better than everyone else and that was my first time watching that event this Olympics.

She really was something to watch.

The mens halfpipe skiing?  Wasn't that great to me...
    I really hope team Edin wins curling gold !!!!
  • Please watch this interview with Jamie Anderson.

Please watch and let me know what you thought!!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/anderson-trippin-after-winning-silver-medal-big-air
    edited February 2018
    (Content not available in my location)
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Please watch this interview with Jamie Anderson.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/anderson-trippin-after-winning-silver-medal-big-air
    HAHAHA>Hope she doesn't have too much THC in her system.
  • Annafalk said:
    (Content not available in my location)
    Oh man.  See if you can find the Jamie Anderson "trippin" interview somewhere on the web.
    Women's ice hockey
    "Asolutely zero comp between the US and Canada"
    @Meltdown99
    Granted, shootouts are horrible in important games (we agree on that) but your take appears to have been just a little bit off.

The US and Canada are the only competitive teams is what I meant, great win by the US .... definitely out played, out coached Canada.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    It’s been a great olympics so far ... for me the highlight so far is Moir & Virtue in ice dance, and the ultimate would be gold in men’s hockey ... I think it’ll take a miracle to defeat Russia...but you never know.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    US Men Curling in the gold medal Game!!!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    It’s been a great olympics so far ... for me the highlight so far is Moir & Virtue in ice dance, and the ultimate would be gold in men’s hockey ... I think it’ll take a miracle to defeat Russia...but you never know.
    I've watch some of the Hockey, but thers NO juice without the NHL players.

Great win by the USA women's Ice Hockey team last night, but, for me anyway, that's no way to decide the Gold Medal game.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    Please watch this interview with Jamie Anderson.

if it’s the one where she threw in all the “new” lingo, it was terrible. that event was terrible too. most of this x-games stuff shouldn’t be in the olympics.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Figure skating meh. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Let the curling be the winner hahaha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

It’s curling for me, men’s bronze medal game.

then hockey...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07