Options

America's Gun Violence

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    my2hands said:
    Keep cashing those checks, Marco

It's not about the right to BEAR arms, it's about the right to SELL arms
    I give respect for the guy even showing up, that took some stones. I don't particularly like the guy but I thought he handled himself well and even changed his opinion on high capacity mags and raising the buying age.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    Watching these politicians trip all over their dicks talking to these kids in Florida is pathetic. Rubio is really trying not to answer questions that compromise his NRA buddies.
    Two weeks ago those kids had to be told not to eat Tide pods.
    And you want them to have semi-auto weapons.....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    What kind of scumbag do you have to be to want to tear down kids who been through a terrible tragedy the likes of which you will never understand just because they disagree with you.?

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358

Rep. Claudia Tenney didn't mince words whilespeaking with on an Albany-area radio showWednesday.

“Yeah, well, obviously there is a lot of politics in it, and it’s interesting that so many of these people that commit the mass murders end up being Democrats, but the media doesn’t talk about that either,” Tenney told talk show host Fred Dicker.

Tenney didn't offer any evidence for her statement.

During the interview, Tenney also noted that she was worried about what would happen to legal gun owners in the wake of the Florida school shooting that killed 17 people.

What scares me most is that a lot of these legal gun owners are going to be targeted now,” Tenney said. “In their demographic, they have the least amount of crimes of virtually any other demographic.”

In a statement Wednesday night, Tenney said she is "fed up with the media and liberals attempting to politicize tragedies and demonize law-abiding gun owners and conservative Americans every time there is a horrible tragedy.

"While we know the perpetrators of these atrocities have a wide variety of political views, my comments are in response to a question about the failure to prosecute illegal gun crime," she said. "I will continue to stand up for law-abiding citizens who are smeared by anti-gun liberal elitists." 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/rep-claudia-tenney-many-mass-murderers-end-up-being-democrats/ar-BBJqMM

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I give respect for the guy even showing up, that took some stones. I don't particularly like the guy but I thought he handled himself well and even changed his opinion on high capacity mags and raising the buying age.
    I'm glad he showed up as well my friend... but showing up to speak with your constituency and hear their concerns/ideas is his job, not an act of bravery
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I'm glad he showed up as well my friend... but showing up to speak with your constituency and hear their concerns/ideas is his job, not an act of bravery
    Also, it's one aspect of Rubio's job he's been ducking recently.

Rubio on skipping town halls: Activists will 'heckle and scream at me'
    https://www.politico.com/states/florida/story/2017/02/marco-rubio-town-halls-109889

pro-tip: when your constituents show up in person to yell and scream at you for change, it's not because they want to embarrass you on the evening news you coward. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

Definitely  not an act of bravery

What is an act of bravery is throwing yourself in front of bullets to save your students lives

What isn't an act of bravery is mocking teenagers who have experienced a serious traumatic event.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I never said it was an act of bravery; hopefully some things change. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    It really boggles my mind how everyone isn't on the same page regarding the ban of assault weapons or whatever term that you want to use. How about we trade that right to have these in exchange for increased safety of the public and specifically children at school.  

There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    It’s way to hard to follow every response that debates this or that.

Can we not agree on better background checks?

Statistically can we not agree that the ban didn’t change anything.  You can’t argue statistics. 

Can you not agree that parading children out by pushing an ideology on them is wrong?

can we not agree that something needs to change?

i guess I don’t understand this idea that if you aren’t for banning guns then you don’t care.

Im all for this “common sense” reform, just what exactly is it?

No, I for one am not going to agree to your false and misleading statements. “Parading children out by pushing an ideology on them” .... you think teens can’t think for themselves and decide whether they are interested in gun control or not? You think that gun control is by definition a false ideology? And finally, you think that the republicans and even the NRA don’t “parade children” when it suits them?

And also I disagree with your characterization that the ban achieved nothing. 
    You are exactly the type of person that you can’t have a conversation  about gun control with.  Just read your response and put it in context with your reply.  You create a huge huh?  What? 

And yes, I firmly believe that at the age of 14 to almost mid to late 20’s, a person is so directly influenced by ideas they think that they think work, that they haven’t realized the different between reality and ideology.  And if you want to pretend that a 17 year old has it all figured out for themselves, then you are, well I’m not going to name call but yea...

It’s east to target laws, the infamous NRA.  These are all things that you, and this is a very important word, that “you” feel like you can control.  So I just say keep fighting your fight.  But eventually you will rub out of ideas that that you think you can control and the world will probably be worse off. 

So I guess you are saying to Brian something like, "Learn how to cope with the status quo because the US is incapable of making any meaningful change effort with regards to gun control."

Station Navy Seals in schools and be prepared to gun down 'those dumb teenagers' capable of acquiring AR15s and hell bent on murdering many people, but incapable of formulating independent thoughts (I'm paraphrasing you again in your response to Reading).

You might be right. Seeing the arguments against gun control and seeing things like who you elected as your president... your country just might not have the ability or will to pull off the required changes necessary for a safer society.

It's too bad.

Hey... what state do you think your next mass shooting is going to be in? What's the over/under for fatalities?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Does the Second Amendment really protect assault weapons? Four courts have said no.

Almost exactly a year ago, a federal appeals court considered whether a Maryland law banning assault weapons was unconstitutional.

The law was passed in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook massacre, which left 20 first-graders and six adults dead after a man bearing an AR-15 style weapon stormed the Connecticut school.

“Nine terrified children ran from one of the classrooms when the gunman paused to reload, while two youngsters successfully hid in a restroom,” Judge Robert B. King of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, wrote in the majority opinion. “Another child was the other classroom’s sole survivor. In all, the gunman fired at least 155 rounds of ammunition within five minutes, shooting each of his victims multiple times.”

The court ruled that the ban on assault weapons like the one Adam Lanza used inside Sandy Hook that day — like the one that police say Nikolas Cruz confessed to using inside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and that Omar Mateen used inside Orlando’s Pulse Nightclub and Stephen Paddock used from the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas — was constitutional.

It was not the first time a federal appeals court had ruled that a ban on assault weapons was permissible under the Second Amendment. It was the fourth time in the last decade.  In fact, no federal appeals court has ever held that assault weapons are protected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/22/does-the-second-amendment-really-protect-assault-weapons-four-courts-have-said-no/?hpid=hp_hp-morning-mix_mm-amendment:homepage/story&utm_term=.181c9c71034c
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    Hey unsung, here's one I'm surprised you haven't been ragging on. Student is providing fake information about scripted questions from CNN.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/22/shooting_survivor_colton_haab_cnn_gave_me_scripted_question_after_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited February 2018
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    Watching these politicians trip all over their dicks talking to these kids in Florida is pathetic. Rubio is really trying not to answer questions that compromise his NRA buddies.
    Two weeks ago those kids had to be told not to eat Tide pods.
    And you want them to have semi-auto weapons.....
    No, they are under 18.  I have never stated such either, stop the lies.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    tbergs said:
    Hey unsung, here's one I'm surprised you haven't been ragging on. Student is providing fake information about scripted questions from CNN.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/22/shooting_survivor_colton_haab_cnn_gave_me_scripted_question_after_denying_question_about_armed_guards.html
    So now we are back to not caring what the kids say?

Make up your minds.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I give him a lot of credit for showing up and for changing some.  But to me it's not good enough.  Marco was a guy that I supported in the last repub primary.  I thought he could be a good president.  Actually still think he could.  

He is also 1 of the congresspeople I contacted regarding gun control.  His current position on gun control makes him ineligible for my vote for now.  I hate being a 1 issue voter, but I don;t feel anything will happen otherwise.  And it still might not.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    unsung said:
    You posted basically the same video OP posted, minus CNN's response. Are you still feeling the impact of those Tide Pods?
    Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:

I never said it was an act of bravery; hopefully some things change. 
    Bravery, balls, it's all the same... it's his job to show up is the main point, and I agree I'm glad he did, unlike that coward of a governor down there 

Or the cowards in the state legislature down there that ducked and dodged those teenagers. I bet they will keep cashing those checks though
  • Options
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Make up your minds.
    You have no credibility here. Nobody gives a shit what you have to say. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

Statistically can we not agree that the ban didn’t change anything.  You can’t argue statistics. 

Can you not agree that parading children out by pushing an ideology on them is wrong?

i guess I don’t understand this idea that if you aren’t for banning guns then you don’t care.

No, I for one am not going to agree to your false and misleading statements. “Parading children out by pushing an ideology on them” .... you think teens can’t think for themselves and decide whether they are interested in gun control or not? You think that gun control is by definition a false ideology? And finally, you think that the republicans and even the NRA don’t “parade children” when it suits them?

You are exactly the type of person that you can’t have a conversation  about gun control with.  Just read your response and put it in context with your reply.  You create a huge huh?  What? 

And yes, I firmly believe that at the age of 14 to almost mid to late 20’s, a person is so directly influenced by ideas they think that they think work, that they haven’t realized the different between reality and ideology.  And if you want to pretend that a 17 year old has it all figured out for themselves, then you are, well I’m not going to name call but yea...

It’s east to target laws, the infamous NRA.  These are all things that you, and this is a very important word, that “you” feel like you can control.  So I just say keep fighting your fight.  But eventually you will rub out of ideas that that you think you can control and the world will probably be worse off. 

Steve Jobs
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Pablo Picasso
    John Stuart Mill
    Bobby Fischer
    John Von Neumann
    The Greensboro Four
    Malala Yousafzai
    Blaise Pascal
    Paul Erdos
    Alexander the Great
    Mary Shelley

All people who accomplished great things by their early 20s. How could that be possible, if they are merely parroting what's told to them by those around them?

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    It’s way to hard to follow every response that debates this or that. No, its not. Not if you want to debate a complicated issue like guns and gun control. That's just lazy.

Can we not agree on better background checks? Yes, but to what extent?

Statistically can we not agree that the ban didn’t change anything.  You can’t argue statistics. Read through these statistics. Please illustrate how the ban didn't change anything.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/234036/americas-gun-violence/p308 And

https://www.statista.com/chart/12943/is-it-time-to-bring-back-the-assault-weapons-ban/

Infographic Is It Time To Bring Back The Assault Weapons Ban   Statista

Can you not agree that parading children out by pushing an ideology on them is wrong? Victims that witnessed a mass shooting, organizing and protesting for change is not, "pushing an ideology on them." They say 17 people they spent 180 days a year with get shot and killed. What ideology was pushed on them and by whom?

can we not agree that something needs to change? Yes

i guess I don’t understand this idea that if you aren’t for banning guns then you don’t care. There's the "banning guns" descriptor again. Its banning certain kinds of guns and accessories, not banning ALL guns, as well as returning previous restrictions on purchase and ownership and maybe adding additional restrictions, all open for debate.

Im all for this “common sense” reform, just what exactly is it? What do you think it could or should be?

See my responses in bold.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Add practically every great rock star to that list, including Pearl Jam

It's cool to hate on teens when you get older, but if most of us are being honest, what mental power we gained in wisdom we lose in speed, creativity, elasticity, and sheer force of will.
    Youth should be taken seriously.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

I guess you don't know any 17 and 18 year olds or interact with them much? Or, you're afraid of them? The ones I know are smart, hardworking and very attuned to current events, particularly those that impact them directly and more so if they're female. They're bold, accepting and willing to do the heavy lifting that's required to make change. No different than all those 17 to 25 year olds that marched in the Civil Rights movement and against the Vietnam War. Do you have it all "figured out?" Does anyone? Regardless of age, life experience, etc.? Setting a pretty high bar, aren't you? These 14 to late 20 year olds are very much capable of thinking for themselves and when seeing something that's wrong, wanting to work for positive change. Hard to believe, I know. There's a reason there's a First Amendment, specifically, the right of the people to petition their government for redress of grievances and to peacefully assemble. And the First comes before the Second.

We've tried your way and we're worse off. The statistics bear it out.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

As I opened the CT scan last week to read the next case, I was baffled. The history simply read “gunshot wound.” I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the nation for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury that I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ like the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, grey bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, with extensive bleeding. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    brianlux said:

I think almost, if not all, of us here agree on better background checks. (we match)

Ban on what?  (Not a match)

Parading children to push ideology.  What oftenreading said, everybody does it.  (Not a match)

Yes, something needs to change.  (we match)

"If you aren’t for banning guns    automatic weapons, then  you don’t care."  No, I don't think people that are against banning automatics weapons give a rat's ass.  (We sort of match because, yes, some gun owners do care.)

I'm for using common sense for just about everything except, under certain circumstances, soloing on a musical instrument,  and falling in love.  Who uses common sense when they fall in love?  (I don't know if we match)

So I guess I only scored about 50/50 here.  Could be worse.
    Brianlux,

thats why you are awesome.  We can talk about guitars in one forum but disagree in another.

from your response is I threw out a couple of things. You threw out a couple of things as a response.

You out the tally at about 50/50.

if we could all step back, and really appreciate it.  The idea of starting around 50/50 on fundamental ideas that we agree to disagree with is amazing.  50/5 can be built on!  

Brianlux, we’ve disagreed here, agreed there, politics this, amps that; you are one of the reasons I do chime in here from time to time.  You are self honest and put it out there.  I hope you got Wrigley tickets, cause I’ve got your drinks and or food all night!
    Thank you for kind words, matts!  This place has been good for me because at times, I know I've been stubborn, a little quick to anger and even at times a real a-hole.  But I realize none of those traits gains me anything (although stubbornness kept my old man running over 96 years so I might keep some of that trait in my back pocket, LOL).  I think it's OK for us to disagree as long as we realize we all want basically the same things- a good world to live in, a sense of security, meeting out basic needs, love- and work through our dialog so that maybe we can come up with some things that work for us all and for the well-being of the planet that sustains us.

No Wrigley tickets for me but it sounds like you're going so cheers and have a great time! 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/02/what-i-saw-treating-the-victims-from-parkland-should-change-the-debate-on-guns/553937/

As I opened the CT scan last week to read the next case, I was baffled. The history simply read “gunshot wound.” I have been a radiologist in one of the busiest trauma centers in the nation for 13 years, and have diagnosed thousands of handgun injuries to the brain, lung, liver, spleen, bowel, and other vital organs. I thought that I knew all that I needed to know about gunshot wounds, but the specific pattern of injury on my computer screen was one that I had seen only once before.

In a typical handgun injury that I diagnose almost daily, a bullet leaves a laceration through an organ like the liver. To a radiologist, it appears as a linear, thin, grey bullet track through the organ. There may be bleeding and some bullet fragments.

I was looking at a CT scan of one of the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, who had been brought to the trauma center during my call shift. The organ looked like an overripe melon smashed by a sledgehammer, with extensive bleeding. How could a gunshot wound have caused this much damage?

Rather than relying on marksmanship, the AR-15 used rapid fire. The lightweight rifle maximized its kill rate by raking enemy soldiers with high-velocity rounds. As the original designers explained, the speed of the impact causes the bullet to tumble after it penetrates tissue, creating catastrophic injuries.

How an 'ugly,' unwanted weapon became the most popular rifle in America
    https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/14/health/ar15-rifle-history-trnd/index.html

interesting read.  a gun that wasn't good enough for the military became popular because it was popular with mass murderers.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options

That was a good informative read.

How could anyone rationally argue against it's conclusion.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    unsung said:
    You posted basically the same video OP posted, minus CNN's response. Are you still feeling the impact of those Tide Pods?
    No, as I previously stated, like many others, I have a firewall to deal with genius.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:

Make up your minds.
    You have no credibility here. Nobody gives a shit what you have to say. 
    And yet you keep responding...

Yeah cool, I can go away and you can stand in a circle in your groups that just nod their heads in agreement.

Trust me, I prefer a good discussion, let me know if you ever are up for it.

We all have the same goals here, I hope to protect life, well at least this stage of life anyway.  We just have different ways of wanting to get those results.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    Socialists and leftists and commies OH MY!!!  

At CPAC, NRA's Wayne LaPierre Warns Of 'Socialist Wave' In Wake Of Fla. Shooting
This discussion has been closed.