Options

Place to Stay Within 2 hours of Seattle

Hi all, grabbed a couple tickets to Seattle night 1 so I'll be making the drive up from Southern California. It's probably much cheaper to stay outside of Seattle somewhere, so I'm asking for any tips on what's around that's hospitable and within a 2-hour drive from the stadium. I'm not at all familiar with the state, so any help suggesting nearby cities would be awesome. I certainly don't need much aside from a bed since I'll be doing little in the area aside from sleeping. Thanks!
Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus

Comments

• Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    I’d look at something near seatac airport and take the sounder light rail into to town, hotels are WAY cheaper and prolly only a 30 train ride
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I’d look at something near seatac airport and take the sounder light rail into to town, hotels are WAY cheaper and prolly only a 30 train ride
    Thank you - this is great advice! Any idea if trains run late enough to catch one after the show?

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    Thank you - this is great advice! Any idea if trains run late enough to catch one after the show?
    I believe they run until midnight... I’ve taken it back after many mariners games and after the TOTD shows with no problems.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    risrisrisris Posts: 76
    Looked into the same thing. Seatac hotels are relatively expensive for that week. Still if you stay on International Blvd. you will be able to catch the light rail. Depending on the hotel it might be a 10-15 minute walk to get there. 

The light rail out I believe runs until 1:30 am so plenty of time. Just google Seattle light rail timetable to confirm. 

If the prices for hotels are too expensive then Tacoma would be the next best option. 30-45 minutes away. Just don’t wait too late to get into town. Lots of traffic. Park at Seatac and take the light rail in. 
  • Options
    Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    You can take the light rail in from Tacoma, and pretty much any bigger city along the I-5 corridor, as well. Or catch a ride with another member. I’ve been hooked up with rides when I’ve visited other states and wouldn’t have a problem with paying it forward to a couple people. I’m driving up from Tacoma with my Mother in Law. 
  • Options
    Lots of awesome advice here. Thanks, everyone. Didn't think this was going to happen at all for me until scoring tickets in yesterday's general sale. Now I'm pumped. See y'all in Seattle. :sunglasses:

• Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    I would also look at Kent and Federal Way if you need any other options. They're not too much further than the Sea-Tac area, and Federal Way has some decent hotels and great restaurants. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Just to close out this thread (and I appreciate all the advice) - I ended up getting an Airbnb for less than $100/night just on the outskirts of Seattle. The homeowner said it's about a 15 minute drive into downtown, so I'm more than happy with that.

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    Just to close out this thread (and I appreciate all the advice) - I ended up getting an Airbnb for less than $100/night just on the outskirts of Seattle. The homeowner said it's about a 15 minute drive into downtown, so I'm more than happy with that.
    Which neighborhood?

Do any locals have thoughts on Beacon Hill?  Specifically the 13th & Winthrop area?  Safe?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale