Options

Happy National Margarita Day, United States!

F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
How are you celebrating?

This is a day worth enjoying.  Grab a friend, get Uber to pick you both up, and head out to enjoy a Margarita and some wonderful food.

OR - stay at home!
Everyone has their own recipe, what is yours?

The FMe Margarita of Choice:

Put your margarita salt in a paper plate.  (Kosher or Fleur de Sel work well if you don't have some "margarita" salt)
Cut up a lime into wedges
Run a lime wedge around your favorite margarita glass
Dip the glass in the salt, twist
Put some ice cubes in the glass

Fill your shaker with a good amount of ice cubes
Add:
1 oz your favorite tequila
1/2 oz. Cointreau
Juice of 1/2 lime
A squeeze of agave nectar

Shake until your hands are frozen

Pout over the ice in your margarita glass

Enjoy.  Repeat as often as you like.

The love he receives is the love that is saved

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    (That is the 'public consumption' recipe.  Add more tequila to taste.  Preferred tequila for Margaritas is very different than preferred tequila for shots.  For Margaritas....my go to is a fine Silver.  Don Julio is great.  If you are going Reposado, try Cazadores.)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Love me a good margarita :)

Cheers, my salty brother!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CWm8oGeIg
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,749
    That's the same recipe I use, only I don't salt the rim of my glass.

And when you're making them at home, you have got to do it up right. Don't go the cheap route.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Right as in the right tequila...or Right, as in making the drink and not using a mix?

There are no wrong answers on National Margarita Day!
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    National margarita day needs to be in the summer!  I need to be sitting out on the patio with some food on the grill....not sitting inside and its 25 degrees outside.  But I'm such a sucker for these national days of everything....we'll probably go out for Mexican food tonight.
  • Options
    It's also National Chili Day.

Good combo.
  • Options
    Using the right tequila and not using a mix.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    Undoubtedly the best way to go though I've found a preservative free, organic agave mix out our local Raleys grocery store that makes a good enough margarita for my lazy ass, LOL.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Undoubtedly the best way to go though I've found a preservative free, organic agave mix out our local Raleys grocery store that makes a good enough margarita for my lazy ass, LOL.
    Headache if you have a few?
    I love the convenience of the mix but have found it doesn't taste great and the sugar content packs a punch the next day.
  • Options
    Yup, it's the sugar. 2 of those and I'm feeling blaghhh...instead of wooo!!!!!
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Cheers! I didn't realize there was a day to honor my favorite drink :) I've been at the multicultural celebration at my daughter's elementary school for the past two hours. They had a taco truck, but sadly no margarita truck ;) Maybe I will drink a jalapeno margarita in honor of this day at some point this weekend!! 

*Fresh everything in the margs all the way!! 
    Sugary/Sour mixes = Heartburn City
  • Options
    Yum, HF. Never had a spicy version.

A few years ago, my company had margaritas on tap for Cinco de Mayo.  We all got slightly fairly inebriated :)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    Give me an "M"!
    Give me an "A"
    Give me an "R"
    Give me...

ah fuck it, just give me a margarita!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^Oh Hedo, try it! Spicy version muddled with a bit of mint or some other fresh herb is so tasty! Margaritas definitely have a way of livening up an office function. I work for a small non-profit and we celebrate birthdays with "drinks parties". Mine is always tequila themed ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Oh yeah, #1!  Forgot I finished my Don Julio Silver when I ran out of Anejo doing shots last week.
    Back up silver (Patron) is at the ready.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
  • Options
    Nope.  Cointreau.
    5 in.  They taste great and I'm gonna be up, making Ludo omelettes at 630 with a smile on my face.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    a woman’s drink, if there ever was one.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Always naysaying
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Oh damn, I missed it! When is National Vodka Day? That one I won’t miss. 
  • Options

:)

Thursday,October 4
    National Vodka Day 2018 in United States of America

• Options
    Sweet! I’ll add that to my calendar. Along with every Friday and Saturday. :giggle:
  • Options
    For you Vodka aficionados out there, I have heard and read that the Costco brand Vodka is supposed to be super legit. Like Grey Goose or something. If I'm being honest, I don't really drink vodka but I've heard vodka drinkers swear by it.
  • Options
    Kirkland is good, one of my wife's cousins always has it and I drink it when at his place.  It does taste like GG.
    I'm a Ketel man and it has a different taste than Goose, but I do agree that the Costco Kirklands brand is pretty good. 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Yeah the costco vodka is pretty solid.  Always nice to just buy one of those massive bottles for only $20 when you're having a party.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Not a big margarita fan.  Not a big tequila fan.
  • Options
    I’m glad y’all reminded me about the Costco vodka. I’ll have to pick that up. Especially since Grey Goose was always my favorite. 
  • Options
    ^Now I can say I accomplished something today.
  • Options
    And I thank you. And you’ll know if I made it to Costco if I start posting all crazy later. :smiley:
  • Options
    And I thank you. And you’ll know if I made it to Costco if I start posting all crazy later. :smiley:
    Wouldn't we just call that a typical Friday night? :whistle: