Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,763
    Long gone...but in April of 16 if someone asked "would you pay these prices in 2018 to see the Cubs, IF they win the World Series this year (2016)" then your answer would have been a resounding YES!!!!

We all sold our soul a little at that time. And for the memories I am grateful. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Long gone...but in April of 16 if someone asked "would you pay these prices in 2018 to see the Cubs, IF they win the World Series this year (2016)" then your answer would have been a resounding YES!!!!

We all sold our soul a little at that time. And for the memories I am grateful. 
    I would've actually sold my soul.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Gtilley8 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    $90 for bleachers - that's about what I payed in 2012 the last time I sat there.  Think I bought from the scalpers right under the L.  $182 before fees for some run of the mill box seats, though?  wow.  I can remember walking up to the box office in '04 or '05 and getting a ticket for 12 bucks - decent seat,last row before the isle on the lower deck behind the cubs dugout.  It was a D-Lee walk-off homer, if I remember correctly.  
    You’re right. Bleachers and certain sections were not impacted as much. But a lot of the lower level seating prices have gone up exponentially. 
    I'm all for paying slightly more, with success.  I get that.  There's a serious product on the field.  But Id love to take my son and wife to a game, sit in decent seats, buy a couple shirts or a hat - Im from out of town, so have to pay for a room - and not have to spend a grand to do it all.  Looks like those days are gone.  
    It is insane, but a group of four friends going to a U2 concert are going to spend $1000 or more just on tickets.  It is absurd.   Only way to stop this is to stop buying tickets.
  • Options
    ^^^Unfortunately, that's true...or move to Miami. I think Marlins tickets will be quite cheap this season.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    ^^^Unfortunately, that's true...or move to Miami. I think Marlins tickets will be quite cheap this season.
    Apparently they don't even want you coming to the games:
    https://sports.yahoo.com/marlins-rejected-200000-check-marlins-man-season-tickets-171927047.html

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    So pumped for tomorrow!
  • Options
    Gtilley8 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    $90 for bleachers - that's about what I payed in 2012 the last time I sat there.  Think I bought from the scalpers right under the L.  $182 before fees for some run of the mill box seats, though?  wow.  I can remember walking up to the box office in '04 or '05 and getting a ticket for 12 bucks - decent seat,last row before the isle on the lower deck behind the cubs dugout.  It was a D-Lee walk-off homer, if I remember correctly.  
    You’re right. Bleachers and certain sections were not impacted as much. But a lot of the lower level seating prices have gone up exponentially. 
    I'm all for paying slightly more, with success.  I get that.  There's a serious product on the field.  But Id love to take my son and wife to a game, sit in decent seats, buy a couple shirts or a hat - Im from out of town, so have to pay for a room - and not have to spend a grand to do it all.  Looks like those days are gone.  
    It is insane, but a group of four friends going to a U2 concert are going to spend $1000 or more just on tickets.  It is absurd.   Only way to stop this is to stop buying tickets.
    The problem is.... Do you never go see shows you want to see anymore?  I think U2 is garbage, nevertheless, they have quite the following.  Many people are going to pay that money.  Then, there's the douchebags that buy a bunch of tickets for their side business and raise prices.  Then the professional scalpers.  It's crazy these days.  

bflynn1 said:
    So pumped for tomorrow!
    I second this!  I think we're going to be a very tough offense to hold under 5/6 runs a game.  I also happen to think our starting pitching will be lights out, and a way underrated bullpen.  Can't wait to see Schwarber on a mission and Happ in the leadoff role.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options

I second this!  I think we're going to be a very tough offense to hold under 5/6 runs a game.  I also happen to think our starting pitching will be lights out, and a way underrated bullpen.  Can't wait to see Schwarber on a mission and Happ in the leadoff role.  
    I just have a feeling that Schwarbs is going to have a great season. And, I maintain that the Chatwood signing is going to be much better than most people have realize. And Chisek as a back up closer makes me feel a bit more secure as well. 13 hours to go!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ Look at the bright side. Schwarbs only has one direction to go after last year! ;) Let’s hope 2018 is a great year for the team. I think if Morrow can stay healthy and embrace the closer role, and the rest of the bullpen carries their weight, we’ll be alright. 
  • Options
    This is the problem with ticket prices, my friends. When the team is telling you to list on stubhub and to use the “pricing assistant,” there’s a problem.  Anyway, Go Cubs!

• Options
    What a start to the 2018 season! 1st pitch HR by Happ! 
  • Options
    Nice start to the season by Happ.  Little first pitch ambush.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    Gtilley8 said:
    Nice start to the season by Happ.  Little first pitch ambush.  

nice! I got to see that on my lunch break!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Off to a great start.  I"m already in fuck-this-shit mode.  A combined 1 run in 35 innings in 3 losses.  Set the NL record for strikeouts through the first 5 games of the season with 58.  Same old fucking story.  No patience in the box.  Fuck Baez, fuck Schwarber, fuck Russell.  They're all fucking worthless at the plate.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT A HOME RUN EVERY AT BAT. STOP SWINGING FOR THE GOD DAMN FENCE AND JUST GET ON FUCKING BASE!
  • Options
    Off to a great start.  I"m already in fuck-this-shit mode.  A combined 1 run in 35 innings in 3 losses.  Set the NL record for strikeouts through the first 5 games of the season with 58.  Same old fucking story.  No patience in the box.  Fuck Baez, fuck Schwarber, fuck Russell.  They're all fucking worthless at the plate.  YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT A HOME RUN EVERY AT BAT. STOP SWINGING FOR THE GOD DAMN FENCE AND JUST GET ON FUCKING BASE!
    These guys are in their own head.  Taking way too many good pitches in the first 6 innings, swinging wildly at BS down a run in the last 2 innings.  But you're right.  It's a lot of the same.  Getting runners on, and then absolutely no situational hitting going on after that.  Just a bunch of grip and rip hacks.  Hayward is absolutely terrible.  His hands look so unbelievably slow, and it's clear he's refused to change anything about his approach.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Lol...you good brother? They will be alright. I took the optimistic approach about the strikeout stat. I bet the strike out record they broke did not include 9 extra innings of play. That equates to the amount of innings played in 6 games. :look_at_the_time:
  • Options
    I can't name a single starting pitcher they've faced.  It's not like they're going up against Max, Verlander, or Kershaw in these games.  17 innings or not, 20 K's against the Marlins is atrocius!!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Hitters give up the first 2 strike too easily. It’s one thing to run up the pitch count, but there’s a bunch of grooved pitches floating by.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    I'm still on the rails but I agree with you guys... Taking too many good pitches and not being happy to just swing for a single and get on base/knock runs in. 
  • Options
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Like it or not, a strikeout isn't a big deal anymore. Personally, I'd be embarrassed as hell to k 180 times a year. I don't care if I hit 30 homeruns. 

I remember the days when you struckout 100 times, you dropped to 8th in the order. Now youre a leadoff man. 
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Like it or not, a strikeout isn't a big deal anymore. Personally, I'd be embarrassed as hell to k 180 times a year. I don't care if I hit 30 homeruns. 

I remember the days when you struckout 100 times, you dropped to 8th in the order. Now youre a leadoff man. 
    This is unfortunately true.  And you see it all the way down to the youth.  #LegKickNation is a common thing now.  Everyone just wants to hit dingers and this is what they're teaching from children all the way up.
    I'll take a lineup of 8 guys hitting .300 with 80 RBI and 80 Runs each (see: Houston Astros) over a lineup of 6 guys hitting .225 with 30 HR and 150K each (see: Chicago Cubs, Baltimore Orioles) any day.
  • Options
    Cubs are up 5-0 without a single HR! That’s what I’m talking about! 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459

This is unfortunately true.  And you see it all the way down to the youth.  #LegKickNation is a common thing now.  Everyone just wants to hit dingers and this is what they're teaching from children all the way up.
    I'll take a lineup of 8 guys hitting .300 with 80 RBI and 80 Runs each (see: Houston Astros) over a lineup of 6 guys hitting .225 with 30 HR and 150K each (see: Chicago Cubs, Baltimore Orioles) any day.

I’ll take Barry Fucking Bonds.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I’ll take Barry Fucking Bonds.
    Well yeah.  Power, hit for average, drew walks, and scored runs.  He hardly ever struck out.  He was an on-base machine.  You give me 8 Barry Bonds and you'll see the first 162-0 team in baseball history. 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,459
    Dyer gets it!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    This f’n team sucks in the early going. I’m fully aware it’s April, but it’s the same exact shit as the 2017 team. Incredibly inconsistent pitching and hitting. If anything, they’re both consistently bad.  Frustrating...
  • Options
    I seriously don't understand how these fucking bums won a world series.
  • Options
    I seriously don't understand how these fucking bums won a world series.
    Well said, buddy. Well said. One of life’s great mysteries.