From the ######bags at Ticketmaster

Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
I had the great misfortune of being buried in the 4th and last time slot, so by the time it was time for my draw it was considered all sold out, so they never sent me a code, even though there was a single ticket in the section I wanted and if they had sent my code I could have still purchased it. It just seems pretty ####ed up

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    This whole event seems to just be making you angry, which I thought would be the opposite of how you should feel about it. Suggestion: relax. Just find a 10C member with a spare ticket. Should be pretty easy (unless you keep hate-posting about not getting tickets... It's not exactly endearing to potential ticket buddies).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Surely there’s a strain out there that can help you smoke away these troubles?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I'm sorry you missed out, but ticketmaster is not at fault here.
  • ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,624
    Surely there’s a strain out there that can help you smoke away these troubles?

Great advice, 2!!!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I think that you should start another few threads on this subject -- gotta believe very few people here have read about your perceived personal slight from Ticketmaster after you bypassed the best way for 10C members to try and get tickets. 

Seriously, why so many threads?  We get that you are angry.  You will find a ticket....please try and relax and follow some of the good advice above.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    This whole event seems to just be making you angry, which I thought would be the opposite of how you should feel about it. Suggestion: relax. Just find a 10C member with a spare ticket. Should be pretty easy (unless you keep hate-posting about not getting tickets... It's not exactly endearing to potential ticket buddies).
    BBH,

No one wants that no matter how much "fun and swagger" you might say that you bring to the party. 

No offense, but you kinda dropped the ball here. I agree with FMe that you could have tried the 10c lottery. You opted not. I don't know when you entered VF. If you entered that at the last minute (I don't know that you did) but that could be why they ran out of ticket codes. Who knows, but they did. 

Thus far, you have gotten 1 of 2 tickets you need. Patience is what I have been suggesting for the rest in need and I suggest that to you.

It'll work out but...patience. :peace:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited February 2018
    Unrelated, but I bought my daughter Ed Sheeran tickets for her birthday.  One ticket was $116.50.  I bought 4.  My total fees on the transaction for 4 tickets was $122.  So yeah, fuck ticketmaster!

Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    I think that you should start another few threads on this subject -- gotta believe very few people here have read about your perceived personal slight from Ticketmaster after you bypassed the best way for 10C members to try and get tickets. 

Seriously, why so many threads?  We get that you are angry.  You will find a ticket....please try and relax and follow some of the good advice above.
    Because a troll is gonna troll. He is literally acting like an upset 15 year old who just learned how to use the word "fuck" on social media and didn't get what he wanted in the toy aisle at the store today. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

No one wants that no matter how much "fun and swagger" you might say that you bring to the party. 

No offense, but you kinda dropped the ball here. I agree with FMe that you could have tried the 10c lottery. You opted not. I don't know when you entered VF. If you entered that at the last minute (I don't know that you did) but that could be why they ran out of ticket codes. Who knows, but they did. 

Thus far, you have gotten 1 of 2 tickets you need. Patience is what I have been suggesting for the rest in need and I suggest that to you.

I didn't have the money at the time to pay for 2 extra tickets (since I only wanted singles for each show), and there wasn't much heads up for the Seattle shows, like 3 weeks (forgive me for not being rich enough to afford $500+ with very little heads up, and thanks for the great moral support, real fucking encouraging
  • WSUFreakWSUFreak Posts: 122
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

I didn't have the money at the time to pay for 2 extra tickets (since I only wanted singles for each show), and there wasn't much heads up for the Seattle shows, like 3 weeks (forgive me for not being rich enough to afford $500+ with very little heads up, and thanks for the great moral support, real fucking encouraging
    I thought you were the Big Bank???
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

This is the first complaint I've seen that the 3 weeks lead time "wasn't much heads up".
    Everybody complaint was about it being too much time.
    But now you have almost 6 months to find those singles you need and we all know you'll  find them.

Good luck
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    we get it your upset... you vented the entire week enough for everyone to know how frustrated you are... it's still months away, you weren't the only ones shut out, but realize this though, other individuals looking to sell their +1 might just sell it to other people rather than to you, because of the posts you've been making... just saying...

I've seen people get shut out on Fenway in 2016 and still managed to find ways to get a ticket... the difference though, there was no forum rage...
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    PJ_Soul said:
    no, I just have issues with the way it was handled, I will know better in the future that the verified Fan Sale's that if I don't get in the first 2 time slot, I probably won't get any, I was naive, which is my fault
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    10c lottery was the best way to get tickets this time around and people with extra 10c singles will be the best option for decent seats in August.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,022
    Here's a heads up :  "Onsale to General Public Wed 02/21/18 10:00 am PST"

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Rent is too damn high!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited February 2018

In years past, I believe the lottery would open the day after the announcement.

This time around, there were 2 or 3 weeks in between the announcement and opening of the lottery entry period, and it STILL wasn't enough time?

This band can't do anything right.

It's amazing they've lasted as long as they have.

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm pretty sure there is another public sale today? You should be able to grab a decent single 
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772

In years past, I believe the lottery would open the day after the announcement.

This time around, there were 2 or 3 weeks in between the announcement and opening of the lottery entry period, and it STILL wasn't enough time?

This band can't do anything right.

It's amazing they've lasted as long as they have.

I've not been around the boards a ton, but I feel like every time they tour, the fans find something that is "horrible" to bitch about. Wasn't there drama a couple of years ago because fans found out they didn't get 10c tickets the day of the public sale? Was that TOTD?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

Dude, you are getting all kinds of moral support but you won't stop throwing a tantrum and lashing out at everyone.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    dbstrat said:
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

Dude, you are getting all kinds of moral support but you won't stop throwing a tantrum and lashing out at everyone.  
    This, and the Seattle shows were an all-but-confirmed rumor much farther out than just three weeks. This time around there was solid intel to be had not only about where they were going to play but when.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    deadendp said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    BBH,

So, you couldn't afford 4, but you could afford 2. Why not just buy for one show? Figure out the second show later?

Sucks that TM "screwed" you. People have offered advice and encouragement, and you've responded with anger.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
This discussion has been closed.