123457»

Comments

• Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Pearl Jam- The Seeker (Boston '04)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL83IZwsMls
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    most of the world had forgotten about PJ during this time period. I remember going to Irvine #1 and the girl at the TC booth offered me free lawn seats for the next night. That was cool. I don't think that happens anymore. PJ tix are a lot harder to come by. Its almost as if PJ is back in style.
  • Options
    vaggar99 wrote:
    most of the world had forgotten about PJ during this time period. I remember going to Irvine #1 and the girl at the TC booth offered me free lawn seats for the next night. That was cool. I don't think that happens anymore. PJ tix are a lot harder to come by. Its almost as if PJ is back in style.
    the band referenced in Pearl Jam Twenty how the fans helped carry them through this period of time well really Binaural through 2005
  • Options
    bump because what a great period this was, so many awesome shows
  • Options
    samsonitesamsonite Posts: 209
    I hit six shows on the '03 tour (Mt. View, Irvine 1 & 2, San Diego, Vegas, and Phoenix) with different friends at each stop. I had a blast with great friends and saw some great shows. :-)
    grace and peace
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,153
    The Seattle Shows were in December '02, but it was for riot act, so I'll count those. Anyways the two Seattle shows in '02 were ok, but the Vancouver '03 show was better. None of the other '03 shows compare to the two '05 shows I saw (Gorge and Vancouver back to back). Those two shows kicked some serious ass :) The little '05 tour is right up there with the Yield tour for me.
  • Options
    I'm looking for FLAC or good mp3 from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil - 12/04/05.

Anyone?
    2005 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose December 4th 2011 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil | Apoteose November 6th 2013 São Paulo, Brazil | Lollapalooza March 31st
  • Options
    There's no FLACs from 2005. It's the only year of official boots that were only MP3 downloads. You can grab an MP3 here: http://www.pearljambootlegarchive.com/index.html
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i remember tampa not being sold out in 03. most of the back of the upper deck empty.i couldnt believe it . vfc in toledo was sloppy with ed leaving the stage and neil playing with pj for an hour. buffalo 03 absolutely amazing. from bring a girl up on stage to hold his lyric book to just the whole vibe. was just one of those nights that turned into a 3 hour show, where back then that didn't happen much.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    First saw them in 2000 when I was twenty. Can't believe how fast it's gone. That 2005 tour did feel pretty damn special. It was just such a weird time between albums and playing different cities. I was lucky enough to see them at the two Borgata shows and those are still my greatest of all time. 2005 bleeds into 06 for me though because of how special the shows my friends and I saw were. Secret Irving Plaza show (meeting Clive Davis as he shared a jelly doughnut with me! Who else was on that Tower Records line in NYC for 48 hours??), Letterman, Storytellers... So fucking lucky.
  • Options
    Resurrecting this one because of the awesome shows this last tour
  • Options
    You have always been about the music no matter what.
    Nice to see you back.
  • Options
    october22 said:

First saw them in 2000 when I was twenty. Can't believe how fast it's gone. That 2005 tour did feel pretty damn special. It was just such a weird time between albums and playing different cities. I was lucky enough to see them at the two Borgata shows and those are still my greatest of all time. 2005 bleeds into 06 for me though because of how special the shows my friends and I saw were. Secret Irving Plaza show (meeting Clive Davis as he shared a jelly doughnut with me! Who else was on that Tower Records line in NYC for 48 hours??), Letterman, Storytellers... So fucking lucky.

You shared a jelly donut with Clive Davis, that is freaking awesome
  • Options
    edited May 2016

You have always been about the music no matter what.
    Nice to see you back.

Thanks I love music, the way Eddie talks about the way he listens to music, I can totally relate
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736

2003 for me is a tricky tour, I have to be in a correct mood for it. I tend to enjoy the usually well mixed set lists, but at times the guys were pretty sloppy and Ed's voice sounded different that tour. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. Still a worthy tour for one to listen to, especially to hear great versions of Riot Act songs.

2005 on the other hand is one of my personal favorite tours. So much energy with the band always seeming to have a ball. Love Eds voice that tour and the Canadian sets were awesome. London, Thunderbay, Hamilton, Halifax, Montreal, and Calgary are so good.

Agreed completely re: the 2003 tour, however the 3/3/03 Tokyo show is an all-time favourite Bootleg of mine.
    2003 was also a great tour to "follow" on the official Board, through sites like Five Horizons and in reading/listening to other fans' experiences. There was a lot to get invested in.

I attended two shows on the 2005 Canadian tour, but admittedly have only listened to the Boots from those concerts once apiece in all the ensuing years.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
  • Options
    Ottawa 2005.  Check the setlist...stellar show!
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Zod said:
    For 2003 I saw the Seattle '02 shows and Vancouver '03 show. They were decent, but I thought the '05 Gorge/Vancouver shows were much better.

Therefore the 2005 tour was better than the 2003 tour IMHO :)
    God that Gorge/Vancouver back to back was so much fun
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Zod said:
    For 2003 I saw the Seattle '02 shows and Vancouver '03 show. They were decent, but I thought the '05 Gorge/Vancouver shows were much better.

I want to go see some Gorge shows so bad
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Zod said:

I know its insane how much they neglect that beautiful place.  I really thought last year was gonna be the year with DMB not there labor day weekend.  Now I wonder if it ever will again.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Zod said:

I know its insane how much they neglect that beautiful place.  I really thought last year was gonna be the year with DMB not there labor day weekend.  Now I wonder if it ever will again.
    it's such a shame to not, it would be great to go camping with other Jammers
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited February 2018
    Seems any show that opens with LBC always turns out to be a good one...Adelaide 2/16/03 for instance.

7/1 Bristow is an underrated show from 2003. Mike is nothing short of interstellar here. They start slow, Corduroy is funkier than usual and the solo on Even Flow is just straight up nasty. Mike was really in tune with his effects and was all over the place. I think some of his best playing was in 2003. EF/NAIS/Cropduster/1/2 Full is really the
    meat & potatoes of the show. Heavy encore with DTE/Spin/Blood/Why Go that starts right into the riff. Know Your Rights and Rockin' sound better than usual for whatever reason. Just a solid show that flows nicely. Give it a listen.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    Lexington 03 was my first show and at the time I guess I didn't realize how lucky I was. Breath, Glorified G, Smile, Immortality, Patriot, and Fuckin' Up. Pretty solid set list over all. I'm pretty partial but I think it was a very underrated show.  
    Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023