Sold Out

I have been a ten club member for a long time now. It has always upset me that PJ never visits Seattle, so when this upcoming tour included Seattle I was very excited. I went onto ticket master and registered as a fan not really expecting to even get a code but I did it anyway. I was really surprised when I did get a code but as soon as i logged in, i found out that the tickets were all gone. two stadiums worth of tickets were sold before I even had a chance. 

What was the point of the codes? if more codes were given to people then there were seats available what was the point? if all of 2 stadiums worth of tickets was gone before i could even log in then there must have either been some bots buying tickets, or most of the tickets were just all already sold before lowly 'registered fans' could even try. I still want to go, so hopefully the scalpers don't charge too much.

Yes I am complaining about something out of not only my control, but also many others. But instead of the normal internet rage that I see in many posts elsewhere, in this case i just feel disappointment. I guess that is all.

Comments

• JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    I have been a ten club member for a long time now. It has always upset me that PJ never visits Seattle, so when this upcoming tour included Seattle I was very excited. I went onto ticket master and registered as a fan not really expecting to even get a code but I did it anyway. I was really surprised when I did get a code but as soon as i logged in, i found out that the tickets were all gone. two stadiums worth of tickets were sold before I even had a chance. 

What was the point of the codes? if more codes were given to people then there were seats available what was the point? if all of 2 stadiums worth of tickets was gone before i could even log in then there must have either been some bots buying tickets, or most of the tickets were just all already sold before lowly 'registered fans' could even try. I still want to go, so hopefully the scalpers don't charge too much.

Yes I am complaining about something out of not only my control, but also many others. But instead of the normal internet rage that I see in many posts elsewhere, in this case i just feel disappointment. I guess that is all.
    Did you enter the 10C lottery?
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172

If you're a long time 10 club member why didn't you put in for tickets thru the 10club lottery?

And regarding the Verified fan sale they can't know in advance how many tix each individual is purchasing so that's why there would be more codes than available tix to purchase.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • I thought that is what I signed up for, I guess if that is not what the code was for then I am likely at fault.
  • I realize that it is too late for this event, however can someone please tell me how to find the 10 club lottery so that i can make sure I sign up for it next time (assuming PJ ever visits Seattle again.)

Even though I have been a member for a while and I keep paying for it, I have never actually posted anything until today and I rarely actually visit this site.
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Pretty sure there will be tickets available this Wednesday during the public on sale event. 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    edited February 2018
    I realize that it is too late for this event, however can someone please tell me how to find the 10 club lottery so that i can make sure I sign up for it next time (assuming PJ ever visits Seattle again.)

Even though I have been a member for a while and I keep paying for it, I have never actually posted anything until today and I rarely actually visit this site.

You should have received an email back on January 24 explaining everything and a few subsequent email reminders.

Info is also on the news page on main Pearljam.com site.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    I realize that it is too late for this event, however can someone please tell me how to find the 10 club lottery so that i can make sure I sign up for it next time (assuming PJ ever visits Seattle again.)

Do you pay the annual 20 or 40 dollar membership fee? If you do, you would have been able to participate in the 10 club presale almost guaranteeing tickets. Do you get monthly emails from 10 club? The emails mentioned all the specifics of the lottery. If you aren’t getting emails then you probably aren’t officially a member or they don’t have your current email address. As far as tickets, there will be hundreds for sale on here over the coming months for face value so you just have to keep checking in to grab one.  
  • I have the 40$ membership. I think it is obvious at this point that I messed this up and thought i was signing up for one thing when in fact i was signing up for something else. I will keep an eye out for public tickets. Thank you for all of your responses, I did not expect them to be so quick, and sorry for wasting your time.
  • JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    edited February 2018
    You’re Not wasting anyone’s time at all. Here is the info that went out 1/24 detailng 10C lottery, verified presale, public sale:

https://pearljam.com/news/announcing-the-away-shows
    Post edited by Jvollman on
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
    I have the 40$ membership. I think it is obvious at this point that I messed this up and thought i was signing up for one thing when in fact i was signing up for something else. I will keep an eye out for public tickets. Thank you for all of your responses, I did not expect them to be so quick, and sorry for wasting your time.
    That’s a bummer then that u missed the 10 club pre sale. I’d definitely make sure they have your proper email address and that their emails aren’t being sent to your spam box. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    And just to add.....Verified Fan is not a guarantee  of tickets once you receive  a code. Also Verified Fan does not offer an infinite  number of tickets. 
    It is a really sale access event with a specific number of tickets available.
  • I have the 40$ membership. I think it is obvious at this point that I messed this up and thought i was signing up for one thing when in fact i was signing up for something else. I will keep an eye out for public tickets. Thank you for all of your responses, I did not expect them to be so quick, and sorry for wasting your time.
    I did the exact same thing with thinking the TM presale was the 10c presale and didn't end up registering for the 10c presale either.  I lucked out and got tickets at Wrigley via the TM one.  Sorry you didn't get any... 

Hopefully you will be able to snag some in the first few minutes of the public sale.  For that I highly recommend doing the buddy system and you each have multiple browsers open with the waiting room going, that will increase your chances of one of you getting in for tickets.  My buddy and I were able to get seats for 2014 Moline and 2016 Wrigley that way so it does happen!  Best of luck!
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Most of the people that got the later time slots in the verified fan sale more or less were shutout. They just didn't word it that way. 

I hope you score tickets through the general sale this week. And also you can ask other fan cklub members if anyone has an extra for sale.
  • Dellis3290Dellis3290 Charlotte, NC Posts: 64

I’ve got two extra tickets for Seattle night 1. Originally picked them up for a friend but they aren’t going to make the trip from NC. I’ll sell them to you at face value. Section 135.

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    You can always get tickets to stadium shows.  As stated above, there are and will be plenty of tickets offered here.  Stick to paying face value and no more.

Good luck.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Good luck findin g tix..

ps..im trying to understand.i really do,,how me with my broken greekglish i understand how the sale works,where u enter the lotto,how u enter,what u pay,how u buy tix in verified fan thing,mhow in public sale and people who talk and know english and speak em from day 1 cant understand how all works..
    i guess they dont read?they dont read the emails?the announcement?i dont know what to think..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Kinda similar to you Dimitrispearjam, I’m wondering jwaresolutions if you receive and read the emails the TenClub sends out about tickets?  I’m trying to figure out how you received the TM Verified Fan info but not TenClub presale info?  But also agree with others who’ve said there will be tix at public TM sale and tix here on forum.  You’ll find them one way or another.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Good luck findin g tix..

ps..im trying to understand.i really do,,how me with my broken greekglish i understand how the sale works,where u enter the lotto,how u enter,what u pay,how u buy tix in verified fan thing,mhow in public sale and people who talk and know english and speak em from day 1 cant understand how all works..
    i guess they dont read?they dont read the emails?the announcement?i dont know what to think..
    Understanding the rules and timelines involved with various ticket lotteries/ sales takes effort and time. I’m not directing this at the OP, but too many people don’t put in the effort or time.  If they did, it’s reallly not difficult to understand.  Then when things don’t go their way, they complain and blame someone else (10C, TM, etc.).  

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck findin g tix..

Understanding the rules and timelines involved with various ticket lotteries/ sales takes effort and time. I’m not directing this at the OP, but too many people don’t put in the effort or time.  If they did, it’s reallly not difficult to understand.  Then when things don’t go their way, they complain and blame someone else (10C, TM, etc.).  

Correct.  It really is scary than grown adults can not read and understand simple instructions. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    I read the Ticketmaster guide to buying tickets and it made it really simple. I went to Tickets.com the night before and simulated buying tickets there for Chicago (using the Foo Fighters show) to see what was involved. I had 10:30 for my presale but I went to the Tickets.com site and followed the link to the Cubs website with presale code login. It was in a waiting mode so I stayed there until I got my code and I got lucky that the window for my code popped up off the waiting list right when I got my code, put in for 2 best available, got section 113, row 5 and purchased no problem. I was kind of stunned to tell you the truth, LOL. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    As other people mentioned it's 3 levels of ticket sales:

1) 10c sale - 10c acquired a shitload of the tickets, so ticketmaster is already starting behind the 8 ball
    2) Verified Fan Sale - The first stage of the ticketmaster public onsale.  Register for it, wait/hope you get the password, then trying to buy tickets at your allotted time.  Basically a TM presale for people who registered and managed to go through whatever filter TM uses to think you're not a scalper.  Unfortunately it looked like they ran out of tickets before people who had the later login times.
    3) Regular onsale - Stage Two of the TM onsale.  Starts later this week.  Has the leftovers from what the 10c didn't use, and what wasn't sold via verified fan.

you've still got a shot on the regular onsale.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    Zod said:

1) 10c sale - 10c acquired a shitload of the tickets, so ticketmaster is already starting behind the 8 ball
    2) Verified Fan Sale - The first stage of the ticketmaster public onsale.  Register for it, wait/hope you get the password, then trying to buy tickets at your allotted time.  Basically a TM presale for people who registered and managed to go through whatever filter TM uses to think you're not a scalper.  Unfortunately it looked like they ran out of tickets before people who had the later login times.
    3) Regular onsale - Stage Two of the TM onsale.  Starts later this week.  Has the leftovers from what the 10c didn't use, and what wasn't sold via verified fan.

The problem, and some others were confused by this, was that they sent out an email that only referenced the verified fan sale, and not the 10c sale.
  • Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    edited February 2018
    Zod said:

The problem, and some others were confused by this, was that they sent out an email that only referenced the verified fan sale, and not the 10c sale.
    It was the first time I’ve ever put in for the lottery and bought 10C tix. No problems. It was the first time I’ve ever did the Verified Fan thing. No problem. I just looked for tix to see what they had to offer during the VF sale and could’ve bought some if I wanted. I already had 10C tix though. All the processes were very easy and I think it put more tix into the hands of fans than ever before. If you are able to read, it wasn’t difficult whatsoever to score tix for this show. It is my opinion that they did give our way more codes for the VF presale than they should’ve. No one I know got shut out and they all got a code. 
    Post edited by Corey G on
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    bbiggs said:
    Good luck findin g tix..

This is 100% true.  I was at a bachelor party Saturday and saw a buddy who's been to countless shows.  I asked him how he made out this time around.  He acted surprised that the tix had even gone on sale.  He figured it had only been 10C tix.  I told him about the verified tix thing and he admitted that he just kind of browsed that email and didn't pay attention.  He was bummed out.  

Odd that someone above is nice enough to offer tickets yet there hasn’t been a response saying they would love to buy the tickets. Wasn’t this thread about not getting tickets?
  • tuumituumi Posts: 8
    Count me as someone who read the email too quickly and thought that registering for the code was the only way to get club tickets.  I noticed some comments in this forum and got clued in that I obviously must have missed something.  Got lucky and entered the lottery with a few hours to spare.  Scored Wrigley 2 reserved.  I'm going to make sure I read the emails for closely now.
    jmug23 said:
    Odd that someone above is nice enough to offer tickets yet there hasn’t been a response saying they would love to buy the tickets. Wasn’t this thread about not getting tickets?
    I sent a private message as well. They responded and I’m happy to say they are now able to attend the Seattle Night 1 show ;)

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018

jmug23 said:
    I sent a private message as well. They responded and I’m happy to say they are now able to attend the Seattle Night 1 show ;)
    Awesome! That was very cool of you to help fellow 10 clubber out:) Glad they are able to attend what should be an epic show! I’ll be there as wel!
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    are you active in any forums or groups at all?

I'm trying to empathize... but I felt that the number of posts online and in groups associated with the lottery as well as the pre-sale, in addition to the number of e-mail updates from PJ should have enough... just saying - the window given was two weeks..

2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
    jmug23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Awesome! That was very cool of you to help fellow 10 clubber out:) Glad they are able to attend what should be an epic show! I’ll be there as wel!
    Same! jmug23 said:
    jmug23 said:
    Same!! My wife and I are excited for the entire week, I suspect that there will be a lot going on outside of the shows

Charlotte 2013
    Raleigh 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Chicago #1 2016
    Chicago #2 2016
    Seattle #1 2018
    Seattle #2 2018