Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Happy to see Bubba win again

chinese-happy.jpg
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Happy to see Bubba win again

It’s always a tear jerker when he wins lol 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Poor Justin Thomas doesn’t like the loud crowds that follow Tiger.  Tom Brady has to make split second decisions with a 300lb guy chasing him down, but 45 seconds is enough for these spoiled golfers.
    One of these things is not like the other. Rory said the same thing. Every player that has ever played with tiger has said the same thing

I know.  The fact that they talk about it is why Tiger was so great for so long.   Old Tiger would never say something like what they said.  The crowds will get to Justin if he and Tiger are in the last group fighting for a championship.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Now beat it, bubba

• bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Tiger is on the prowl
    bflynn1 said:
    Tiger is on the prowl
    It is 9:30 am on a Thursday but seeing co-leader next to his name is pretty glorious 
    bflynn1 said:
    Tiger is on the prowl
    It is 9:30 am on a Thursday but seeing co-leader next to his name is pretty glorious 

I think it's a great move for him to be leaving the driver in the bag for most of the round

Tiger at 21 after day one. Not too shabby.

Finally got to golf yesterday. First time out in 3 months which, is the longest I've gone without playing since I started playing a few years ago. 89 right out of the shoot! Hitting my irons FLUSH. If I can ever straighten out my driver, I'll knock 4-5 strokes off my game. If is the key word here.

I love this fucking game.

chinese-happy.jpg

Finally got to golf yesterday. First time out in 3 months which, is the longest I've gone without playing since I started playing a few years ago. 89 right out of the shoot! Hitting my irons FLUSH. If I can ever straighten out my driver, I'll knock 4-5 strokes off my game. If is the key word here.

I am bookmarking this and we'll revisit your thoughts in a couple months lol 
    bflynn1 said:

I am bookmarking this and we'll revisit your thoughts in a couple months lol 

I am going to bookmark you.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    does the “s” in espn stand for “slurping”?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    Regarding anything about the talking heads at ESPN, wouldn't you be the expert? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

Nice! I haven't played since October. Went to the range this past Sunday for the first time since November. Can't wait to get back out there if it ever stops raining here.

Headed to Seattle for the shows in August and gonna bring my clubs and try to play at Chambers Bay while I'm up there.
    Just signed up for a St. Patrick’s Day round. That will likely be my first time out this year. Includes some Irish coffee to kick things off and an Irish car bomb at the turn. Usually not a big drinker when I play, but what the hell. Watch some NCAA tourney in the clubhouse post round. Sounds like a fantastic way to spend a Saturday! 
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    bbiggs said:
    Just signed up for a St. Patrick’s Day round. That will likely be my first time out this year. Includes some Irish coffee to kick things off and an Irish car bomb at the turn. Usually not a big drinker when I play, but what the hell. Watch some NCAA tourney in the clubhouse post round. Sounds like a fantastic way to spend a Saturday! 

That sounds like a wonderful day! 

Not sure when I'm going to be able to play this year....I hurt my knee playing hockey last month and am in physical therapy right now.  I'm hoping I can start playing by May.  Going to a bachelor party in AZ in a couple weeks but won't be able to play golf with everybody.  Getting old sucks.
    ^ sorry to hear about the knee and bummer you can’t play in AZ! They have some amazing golf. Hopefully you recover soon and are teeing it up before you know it. And yes...getting old blows lol 
    Tiger played on a broken leg and won a major.  Man up (or "person" up I guess per 2018 rules).
    Prowling!
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Damn. Tiger was right there then shit the bed on the last few holes. Shame. 
    I'll take 4 back headed into the weekend. Quite a bit of improvement over last week...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I'll take 4 back headed into the weekend. Quite a bit of improvement over last week...
    Agreed. Just wanted him to play a clean 18. He needs to shake these blowup stretches in rounds. 
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed. Just wanted him to play a clean 18. He needs to shake these blowup stretches in rounds. 
    I wouldn’t call it a blowup stretch today.  It was just a windy day, and the third highest scoring in history at the event.  Nobody was going low and par was an excellent score.  
    Need to get some work done today.  Might need to leave the afternoon open tomorrow to watch some golf.
    Need to get some work done today.  Might need to leave the afternoon open tomorrow to watch some golf.
    Same here. Hoping for a Sunday with Tiger in contention. Man, would that be fun to watch. 
    Just catching up on this tournament but tiger playing with dufner is absolutely glorious. Hahahah. Poor duf 
    Tiger is striking the ball so well. Just can't roll in the birdie putts.
    This is quite impressive 

Tiger won't be winning this week but the naysayers' time is getting short.  He may not win this year but he is competitive, so why wouldn't you talk about one of the top 2 golfers of all time who happens to still be competitive in his early 40's? 

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    Regarding anything about the talking heads at ESPN, wouldn't you be the expert? 

I am and you would think no one else is playing in this tourney :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    There aren’t as many Dolphin fans as there were when dan marino was playing.  There aren’t as many Bulls fans as when Jordan played.   Non die hard Packers fans will start to go when Rodgers retires and they have a scrub QB.  

My point is that in a lot of sports one to two players move the needle.  When Tiger is playing, and especially in his third healthy tourney in two years essentially, he is the only one in the field worth taking about.  

Very simple concept that haters do not understand, or at least don’t want to admit.