Options

Where is everyone staying for Wrigley and Safeco?

I'm looking at places for Chicago and Seattle.  Holy Hell the hotels and b2b's are $$$ !!
 I usually book with solid rumors but my plans were not so convincing so I waited until the ticket draw.
My sister lives in Mukilteo so I can always stay there but I more want to be in the thick of things and try to stay in the city.  Chicago looks like an Uber or the train no matter how I slice it.

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!

Comments

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I booked a room at the Hotel Versey just over a mile from Wrigley.  Cost a little more than I was wanting to spend but I'll be close enough to walk and not have to deal with the train or parking somewhere.  In 2013 I stayed on Mag Mile and it was a nightmare trying to catch the el after the show.  I don't know if it was any better in 2016 but I'd rather not have to deal with it at all.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    arcanesirenarcanesiren Mission, BC Posts: 20
    I’m staying at Four Points by Sheraton for the Seattle shows. 
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    edited February 2018
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I'm looking at places for Chicago and Seattle.  Holy Hell the hotels and b2b's are $$$ !!
     I usually book with solid rumors but my plans were not so convincing so I waited until the ticket draw.
    My sister lives in Mukilteo so I can always stay there but I more want to be in the thick of things and try to stay in the city.  Chicago looks like an Uber or the train no matter how I slice it.

You can stay by Midway airport [tons of hotels and restaurants] and use the CTA train.    It'd take about 50 minutes (and $3.00) to get to Wrigley from the Midway train station.    -   www.rtachicago.org/plan-your-trip

Also check the South Loop  and Chinatown...  You'll be able to access the CTA Red Line & take a 20 - 30 minute train ride to Wrigley Field.    I wouldn't go any further Southeast than Chinatown...  

Post edited by LiteTheMatch on
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Has anyone ever stayed at the Hotel at Midtown in Chicago?
  • Options
    peacepeace Posts: 55
    Booked for Seattle at the Arctic Club week after tour was announced. Same for Chicago, my ticket buddy reserved at City Suites. I need to cancel Boston and Missoula now. 
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

You can stay by Midway airport [tons of hotels and restaurants] and use the CTA train.    It'd take about 50 minutes (and $3.00) to get to Wrigley from the Midway train station.    -   www.rtachicago.org/plan-your-trip

Also check the South Loop  and Chinatown...  You'll be able to access the CTA Red Line & take a 20 - 30 minute train ride to Wrigley Field.    I wouldn't go any further Southeast than Chinatown...  

Personally you couldn't pay me to stay at a Hotel near Midway or Chinatown for that matter.  The south loop would be a possibility IF it was my only option.  If you take the CTA be sure to keep your phone in your pocket and out of site.  
    AUGUST 29, 1992, MARCH 10, 1994, MARCH 13, 1994, JULY 08, 1995, JULY 09, 1995, JULY 11, 1995, JUNE 29, 1998, JUNE 27, 1998, JUNE 26, 1998, AUGUST 18, 2000, OCTOBER 09, 2000, OCTOBER 08, 2000, JUNE 21, 2003, JUNE 18, 2003, OCTOBER 05, 2005,  MAY 17, 2006, MAY 16, 2006, AUGUST 24, 2009, AUGUST 23, 2009, JULY 19, 2013, OCTOBER 20, 2014, AUGUST 20, 2016,  AUGUST 22, 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    I just cancelled my booking at the Executive Hotel Pacific in Seattle, FYI, if anyone's looking. Right downtown, good rating, $255/night or something on booking.com? Not sure if they're all booked up or not, but just in case someone's looking, I guess it just opened up.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    TMC53007 said:
    Personally you couldn't pay me to stay at a Hotel near Midway or Chinatown....
    +1
  • Options
    For Chicago, I booked the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown (E. Grand)...it's like a 3 minute walk to the Grand Station (Red Line). Then a 15 minute L to Addison station. From there, a 5 minute walk to Wrigley.

For Seattle, I booked the Embassy Suites in Pioneer Square...10 minute walk to Safeco. It was the closest Hilton property...and I booked when the Home shows were leaked.

Not sure of availability or price at this point...just letting you know.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Thanks for the info.  I'll be spending most of my down time at work tmr looking for places.  I'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing but there are soooooo many places!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,174
    edited February 2018

Personally you couldn't pay me to stay at a Hotel near Midway or Chinatown for that matter.  The south loop would be a possibility IF it was my only option.  If you take the CTA be sure to keep your phone in your pocket and out of site.  

Lol the CTA is safe, and it has different trains.  Some are worse than others.  Be careful on the Red Line, which you'll be taking to get to Wrigley... The Orange & Brown Lines are the safer colors, if you don't mind being prejudiced against train colors ;)    If you aren't waving your phone around in the air next to a suspicious looking person, you should be ok.    Stay alert wherever you go, anywhere in the world.  Surprisingly, or not, most of the phone robberies occur in the upscale neighborhoods.

The original post was about trying to save money.    People with disposable income can take an Uber Black or limousine.
    Post edited by LiteTheMatch on
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    Got crushed using Marriott points in Seattle. The courtyard thinks very highly of itself there apparently. Newflash Seattle courtyard, you are still just a courtyard. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,070
    I'm hoping to get a reservation at the hotel Zachary
  • Options
    Chicago - I passed the Best Western Plus on Broadway & Hawthorne today.     It's a 15 minute walk to Wrigley Field, or a 5 minute drive (this is as of today, not the day of the concert, which will be a traffic nightmare)...   I entered the dates 8/18 - 8/21... It's about $460 per night.
  • Options
    As someone who collects and uses hotel points game, your comment cracked me up. 

I'm at on the Hyatt's in downtown Seattle and using points as well.  
     to the jwc6160 said:
    jwc6160 said:
    Got crushed using Marriott points in Seattle. The courtyard thinks very highly of itself there apparently. Newflash Seattle courtyard, you are still just a courtyard. 

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Search AirBNB.  We found a great deal, only a few min from SafeCo.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville