The AMT Marijuana Thread

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Someone needs to take a few hits lol
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    my2hands said:
    Someone needs to take a few hits lol
    Typical of Canadians getting all worked up over reefer. 
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

brianlux said:
    Legalization is coming to Canada in July, maybe August, more than likely the fall...

i myself dont care care either way if it’s legal ... I would never give up my medicinal prescription to participate in our governments poor attempt at legalization.  The government could/should have decriminalized long ago...the price per gram sounds like it’ll be 10/gram plus tax and we pay tax on medicinal as well, crooked government, the dealers will still be in business and will continue to thrive.
    Legal in the entire country?
    Yes, legal in the entire country recreationally. How that is delivered varies provincially. 

And, poor attempt, meltdown? One of the first counties in the world to bite this bullet and it’s a poor attempt? It’s not as easy as you seem to think it is and I personally am really pleased they’re pushing through. And of course it’s getting taxed. It would be pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to be taxed. That’s one of the motivators for government to get it done.  
    It is a poor attempt ... not everyone lives in provinces that will get it right.  Ontario is going to fuck it up, trust me...

Why not just decriminalize it in 2015?  And work toward legalization and make sure you get it right...and anyone who doesn’t get a medicinal prescription...then you can wait.  And the dealers will win, their weed will be cheaper, tax free and of quality potency...

That’s why what Trudeau says about legalizing it will eliminate the dealer...at 10/gram the dealers will win, oh and doesTrudeau think people will drop their dealer to pay more to have to drive to a store to get their pot and pay excessive tax...many dealers even deliver...yeah right, he hasn’t a clue.
    Why not decriminalize in 2015?? What, under Harper? That makes zero sense - there was no way that Harper was ever going to do anything other than tighten pot laws. And even if that wasn’t the case, it also makes no sense to complain that it wasn’t legalized in the past when it’s being legalized now. 

You seem to have little idea how federal and provincial politics works. 
    You are full of full of shit...I meant when dumbass trudeau was elected...the difference from me and you is i don’t need a politicians to legalize  something that should never be illegal...I’m not here to argue...we can agree to disagree...now have a great fucking night.  Your fucking useless opinion  means fuck all to me...deal with it...I don’t need a bunch of useless politicians legalizing something because it’s a cash cow...
    Whoa the fuck down.  If you can't at least treat others with respect, conduct yourself with some.

Your comments were unwarranted and harsh.

Now go sit in the corner for a spell and think about it all.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    ^^^One the odd occasion where I would say something rash and my ex was right, one of my nephews used to have a saying he used on me from time to time: "Listen to the woman!"

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

mrussel1 said:
    Indica= in da couch...

easiest way to remember the difference. .
    Haha- I like it!

It wasn't until just yesterday while visiting a dispensary down in Sacto that I heard, for the very first time, the term "couch lock".  I love that- couch lock!  And then last night, it showed up in the article I posted (which I'll put up again here down below.) 

One of the interesting thing I read in that article I posted is this information about myrcene:

"The terms sativa and indica are only really valid for describing the physical characteristics of the cannabis strain in a given environment," deCesare told High Times. "They are not nearly as reliable as terms for making assumptions about energy versus couch lock."

He explained that the effects of THC, whether in indicas or sativas, are the same: It creates a euphoric, uplifting sensation when smoked. That sound pretty much like a sativa high, so if indica contains THC just like sativa, why does some indica leave you in a prostrate stupor?

DeCesare has the answer. While both indicas and sativas generally contain the full complement of cannabinoids in addition to THC, and the same terpenes—chemical compounds that create odors and essential oils—some indicas are especially heavy in one terpene that flips the switch on the up THC high. That terpene is myrcene.

"We found consistently elevated levels of the terpenoid myrcene in C. indica, as compared to C. sativa," he explained. "Myrcene is the major ingredient responsible for ‘flipping’ the normal energetic effect of THC into a couch lock effect."

https://www.alternet.org/print/drugs/indicas-sativas-myrcene

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:
    Legalization is coming to Canada in July, maybe August, more than likely the fall...

i myself dont care care either way if it’s legal ... I would never give up my medicinal prescription to participate in our governments poor attempt at legalization.  The government could/should have decriminalized long ago...the price per gram sounds like it’ll be 10/gram plus tax and we pay tax on medicinal as well, crooked government, the dealers will still be in business and will continue to thrive.
    Legal in the entire country?
    Yes, legal in the entire country recreationally. How that is delivered varies provincially. 

And, poor attempt, meltdown? One of the first counties in the world to bite this bullet and it’s a poor attempt? It’s not as easy as you seem to think it is and I personally am really pleased they’re pushing through. And of course it’s getting taxed. It would be pretty naive to think it wasn’t going to be taxed. That’s one of the motivators for government to get it done.  
    It is a poor attempt ... not everyone lives in provinces that will get it right.  Ontario is going to fuck it up, trust me...

Why not just decriminalize it in 2015?  And work toward legalization and make sure you get it right...and anyone who doesn’t get a medicinal prescription...then you can wait.  And the dealers will win, their weed will be cheaper, tax free and of quality potency...

That’s why what Trudeau says about legalizing it will eliminate the dealer...at 10/gram the dealers will win, oh and doesTrudeau think people will drop their dealer to pay more to have to drive to a store to get their pot and pay excessive tax...many dealers even deliver...yeah right, he hasn’t a clue.
    Why not decriminalize in 2015?? What, under Harper? That makes zero sense - there was no way that Harper was ever going to do anything other than tighten pot laws. And even if that wasn’t the case, it also makes no sense to complain that it wasn’t legalized in the past when it’s being legalized now. 

You seem to have little idea how federal and provincial politics works. 
    You are full of full of shit...I meant when dumbass trudeau was elected...the difference from me and you is i don’t need a politicians to legalize  something that should never be illegal...I’m not here to argue...we can agree to disagree...now have a great fucking night.  Your fucking useless opinion  means fuck all to me...deal with it...I don’t need a bunch of useless politicians legalizing something because it’s a cash cow...
    Whoa the fuck down.  If you can't at least treat others with respect, conduct yourself with some.

Your comments were unwarranted and harsh.

Now go sit in the corner for a spell and think about it all.
    I treat others with respect...what I dont need is someone defending a dumbass politiciian who is fucking up legalization...forgive me if I don’t kiss the ass of politicicians for legalizing something that the government has no business involved in...its fucking pot...a benign fucking drug...less fucking harmful than a aspirin...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Here 1/2 gram pre-rolls are $7 and 1 gram are $12. This includes tax. It’s cheaper just buying the weed loose, depending on the strain. I don’t inow what the word on the street is for illegal pot dealers, but I imagine there isn’t much business. The weed stores are accepted socially. For example I was just at an all ages concert where thousands of people came and went, and the mainstage was sponsored by a weed store and had a giant banner behind the band. I feel shadier going into the liquor store. 
    I assume your pot stores are private run ... rum by budtenders ... not a bunch over over paid government workers .... that’s what Ontario is doing, hiring a bunch of government employees who’ll have know clue what the difference strains accomplish...in Ontario specifically the government is fucking it up....I can’t speak for other province’s...but Ontario the nanny state is fiucking it up...the same jackass who fucked up Ontario is in th PMS office (Gerald Butts), the people who support Trudeau need to look at the mess Ontario is in...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    By the way my agitation with our PM is legit...this is the same spoiled rich kid who looked at an Afghan vet with a missing leg and said “you are asking for more than we can give”...you can’t make this shit up...meanwhile, this ridiculous comment went largely ignored because the press decided to concentrate on another dumb statement ’peoplekind”...he said it was a bad joke...he’s full of shit...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Here 1/2 gram pre-rolls are $7 and 1 gram are $12. This includes tax. It’s cheaper just buying the weed loose, depending on the strain. I don’t inow what the word on the street is for illegal pot dealers, but I imagine there isn’t much business. The weed stores are accepted socially. For example I was just at an all ages concert where thousands of people came and went, and the mainstage was sponsored by a weed store and had a giant banner behind the band. I feel shadier going into the liquor store. 
    I assume your pot stores are private run ... rum by budtenders ... not a bunch over over paid government workers .... that’s what Ontario is doing, hiring a bunch of government employees who’ll have know clue what the difference strains accomplish...in Ontario specifically the government is fucking it up....I can’t speak for other province’s...but Ontario the nanny state is fiucking it up...the same jackass who fucked up Ontario is in th PMS office (Gerald Butts), the people who support Trudeau need to look at the mess Ontario is in...
    They’re private run, with over sight by the Oregon Liquor Control Comission. Which is kinda weird because they’re used to applying booze laws, and they’re in a learning phase right now, since this is all new. 
    They’re private run, with over sight by the Oregon Liquor Control Comission. Which is kinda weird because they’re used to applying booze laws, and they’re in a learning phase right now, since this is all new. 
    I don’t mind oversight from the government...I just happen to think that this private enterprise should be selling pot...not overpaid government employees...let the knowable people in the weed industry sell the weed...and it opens up an opportunity to create real business opportunities.

alberta of all provinces will be allowing private enterprise to sell weed ... Ontario is the biggest nanny state in NA...  personally I’ll keep my medicinal prescription and buy directly...I absolutely will not by weed from the government...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    You ever heard of looking a gift horse in the mouth?
    Millions of Americans and billions of people around the world face the threat of jail time for possessing a few grams and you are ranting and disrespecting because your country's groundbreaking legalisation isn't perfectly adherent to the intense demands of a recreational user who wants a free and unregulated market?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited February 2018
    rgambs said:
    Millions of Americans and billions of people around the world face the threat of jail time for possessing a few grams and you are ranting and disrespecting because your country's groundbreaking legalisation isn't perfectly adherent to the intense demands of a recreational user who wants a free and unregulated market?
    What part of de-criminalizing do you not understand?  That’s all any government has to do...it’s not ground breaking...it’s common sense, something trudeau  or any politician doesn’t understands...by the way I support legalization...only if the police have a way to test for weed high drivers...by the way I do not give a rats ass about the us...get over yourself the US has been a joke, long before trump came along...
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…

rgambs said:
    What part of de-criminalizing do you not understand?  That’s all any government has to do...it’s not ground breaking...it’s common sense, something trideau or any politician understands...by the wY I support legalization...only if the police have a way to test for weed high drivers...by the way I do not give a rats ass about the us...

Give Peas A Chance…

rgambs said:
    Repeat after yourself “my country are war mongers, both Democrats and republicans are war mongers...deal with it...that’s life...your country sucks, mine does too...surprisingly europe is getting it right...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    By the way, why should I thank these politicians for legalizing weed ... it should have never been illegal... that’s why NA can’t make progress ... you grovel at the feet of politicians ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I believe the current system of obtaining a medicinal licence was put in place by a conservative PM...it took control awY from health Canada and left the decision between patient and dr...no health Canada approval needed...the way it should be...I’m neither a liberal or con...just giving credit for a far better system than requiring overpaid bureaucrats to process my script...fuck the government...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Meltdown indeed!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    What age are you?
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    rgambs said:
    Meltdown indeed!
    So when reality comes to a conversation you have a perfectly non responses ... you are full of yourself....congrats...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I don’t really care for buying from dispensary as much as I like growing my own that’s all I want to be able to do grow my own , there’s so much more you get to do with a harvested plant ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Have you ever rage posted, on weed maaaaaaaan? 

Lol
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited February 2018
    my2hands said:
    Have you ever rage posted, on weed maaaaaaaan? 

Lol
    Image result

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0
    Post edited by dignin on
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I don’t really care for buying from dispensary as much as I like growing my own that’s all I want to be able to do grow my own , there’s so much more you get to do with a harvested plant ...
    And the upcoming Canadian legislation allows for home growing of weed as well, for those who really, really object to paying taxes. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

rgambs said:
    Repeat after yourself “my country are war mongers, both Democrats and republicans are war mongers...deal with it...that’s life...your country sucks, mine does too...surprisingly europe is getting it right...
    In what way is Europe “getting it right” with respect to marijuana laws? It’s essentially illegal in almost all European counties with the exception of Portugal, and decriminalization of small amounts in the Czech Republic. 
    That is just plain wrong.  It would be like wanting to get counseling and being sent to an accountant.  You might get some help but what are the odds.  Slim!  Bad on Ontario if this is how they are doing it.

rgambs said:
    Meltdown indeed!
    So when reality comes to a conversation you have a perfectly non responses ... you are full of yourself....congrats...
    You make some good points in some of your post but as for making friends... come on man, lighten up.  This isn't a bar brawl here.

brianlux said:
    That is just plain wrong.  It would be like wanting to get counseling and being sent to an accountant.  You might get some help but what are the odds.  Slim!  Bad on Ontario if this is how they are doing it.
    Don’t believe everything you read, Brian. Ontario's plan probably isn’t the best of the choices but that doesn’t mean what meltdown says here is true. For instance, in BC I buy my alcohol at government run liquor stores from “government employees” who are often extremely knowledgeable about what they sell. The larger stores have wine specialists, spirit specialists, etc., and they’re hired for their knowledge of the products. No reason to assume that this won’t or can’t occur with the marijuana sales, is there? 
    Chill the fuck out!  

brianlux said:
    Don’t believe everything you read, Brian. Ontario's plan probably isn’t the best of the choices but that doesn’t mean what meltdown says here is true. For instance, in BC I buy my alcohol at government run liquor stores from “government employees” who are often extremely knowledgeable about what they sell. The larger stores have wine specialists, spirit specialists, etc., and they’re hired for their knowledge of the products. No reason to assume that this won’t or can’t occur with the marijuana sales, is there? 
    I've been to lots of places in Denver, obviously privately run.  While it's nice to have someone explain the intricate differences of the grow method, it ain't all that important.  I really don't need to know how Johnny Walker black is distilled differently than red at the end of the day.  Here in Virginia, we have gov't liquor stores.  If we had gov't dispensaries, I'd be happy as hell and you wouldn't hear me complain for one second.  
    brianlux said:
    I hope for the sake of Ontarians the dispensaries do hire knowledgeable staff.  Some patrons just want a buzz and pot is pot but some like a certain affect and, especially for those patrons seeking medical help with marijuana, that affect can be quite important.  I'm still trying to dial in the best anti-anxiety strains.