Options

Offer 10c Merch Pre-Order's - Stop the Madness

Comments

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Noload said:

EM194007 said:

Noload said:

They filmed the merch line with an extended selfie type stick in Ft Lauderdale then and replayed it on the big screen. Maybe they are taking pride in it. It was soo hot.

Actually, that was the GA line they filmed, not the merch line. If you think it was hot in April, come on down now, the humidity has kicked into high gear.
    The only reason i mentioned the method of how it was done is because i was standing in the merch line as they walked by with the extended stick with the camera on it..actually.
    That's cool, wasn't trying to say anything in a negative way. Seems like they filmed both the merch and GA lines. Wouldn't catch me waiting in line for hours for merch, I wouldn't wait that long for a table at a top notch restaurant either. But, I wasn't kidding on April not being that hot though, it was actually a comfortable day for S. FL, we had a cool front come through. The high was 84 and the low was 66 on April 8th.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/fort-lauderdale-fl/33301/april-weather/328168?monyr=4/1/2016
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,831
    Wanted to dig a thread up about this topic for upcoming shows.  Hope the Tenclub would explore this idea.  If you won Tenclub tixs you could preorder poster, T-shirt and stickers to those shows?  This would free up your hands to drink more beer at shows.  Ha!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    See you guys in line @ Fenway lol
  • Options
    Merch is rediculous, I quit buying anything at shows.  I am not there for Merch, so it wastes too much time.  Quite frankly, everything has been more enjoyable since I stopped buying that junk.  I used to love collecting that stuff until it took up too much time, expenses to keep it prestine in storage, etc.

"If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    If I had a product that people lined up outside in the heat for days at a time to buy it all I’d never change the way it was sold.
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    Amen to this thread.  I spent a combined 8 hours in line at my last two shows.  Im done with that.  I will try to just go in when doors open to grab an item or two, that usually has taken me no more than 30 mins.  I really dig those that feel the need to try on every single item 2x and inspect every nook and cranny for damage.  I’d pay double to avoid the line.
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    If I had a product that people lined up outside in the heat for days at a time to buy it all I’d never change the way it was sold.

Exactly.  The thread ends here.  Like I said 2 years ago - the pop up shops and merch tents set up days before a show are calculated and intentional.  Pearl Jam has no reason to change things.  It’s part of their image and marketing.  “Our fans are crazy and awesome and dedicated and wait for hours to buy our stuff.”  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    That doesn't mean the fans cant, or shouldn't, ask for a better way 
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Go around the city and look far advertisement banners and flyers for the shows, and attempt to obtain one. I’ve seen quite a few around Seattle. Then you won’t have to wait 1000 hours to get a poster 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I would be willing to pay double through a preorder.  I'd order blindly too.  They should offer a bundle - show specific poster, pin and sticker.   Charge $100.  
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    With so much demand, there’s no reason for them not to sell in advance. 

The Foo’s are already selling their Wrigley and Fenway Merch.. 
    https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/unisex/products/wrigley-2018-tee
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    With so much demand, there’s no reason for them not to sell in advance. 

The Foo’s are already selling their Wrigley and Fenway Merch.. 
    https://shop.foofighters.com/collections/unisex/products/wrigley-2018-tee
    That' pretty cool. It' pretty simple to do something like this nowadays. WWE does it for most of there shows. Place the order then there' usually a designated spot to pick up the merch with your email or order number. Saves a ton of time! Hope the foo fighters do this for the philly/Camden show in July. 
  • Options
    The only way they would do this is if they brought on a third party to take care of the orders. And I can’t see that happening. 

I am pretty sure all Foo Fighters merch is through LiveNation correct?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,934
    yep.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    The only way they would do this is if they brought on a third party to take care of the orders. And I can’t see that happening. 

PJ merch is through Tsurt
  • Options
    This will be my first time seeing pj first time at a big stadium show...i would love to get some merchandise so hoping to ask the questions here please for best way to do so? I'm driving up on the 17th to Chicago. Due to work travel can only be at one show:(. Are the merchandise tents open early and or between the shows on the weekend?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I think 10c tried this once for posters, and a lot of people complained: ugly poster, poorly rolled, bent corners... etc. I wouldn't expect to see this offered again. I think their way is to sell additional and leftover product on the website.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2018
    This will be my first time seeing pj first time at a big stadium show...i would love to get some merchandise so hoping to ask the questions here please for best way to do so? I'm driving up on the 17th to Chicago. Due to work travel can only be at one show:(. Are the merchandise tents open early and or between the shows on the weekend?
    Thank you!
    Yes to early, yes to between shows... At least that's how it was in 2016.
    Post edited by 3days on
  • Options
    3days said:
    I think 10c tried this once for posters, and a lot of people complained: ugly poster, poorly rolled, bent corners... etc. I wouldn't expect to see this offered again. I think their way is to sell additional and leftover product on the website.
    09. Worked out fine for me. But yeah I'm sure the grief they encountered wasn't worth it. I loved not having to carry around a poster all night or wait in line hours to get one. 

How about a poster only line at shows?
  • Options
    CopperTom said:

PJ merch is through Tsurt
    But not the online orders. Thats all 10c
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,574
    Poster only lines would solve a lot of it. I seem to always get stuck behind people that can’t decide which shirt to get and have no idea what size they are. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The way it works in Ireland is that the stand is generally located inside the venue and will remain open until there's no one left to buy anything from it after the show, or they have sold out of everything. I usually just get there as soon as I get into the venue, if there's nothing happening onstage, and grab whatever I like the best, and whatever is left in my size. Usually I just get a t-shirt. I haven't time for all of this poster anxiety.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    This will be my first stadium show, so I am definitely dreading the merch lines. It's already bad enough at regular PJ arena shows, so I can only imagine how insane it will be at the Seattle Home Shows. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    ZeldaZonk said:
    This will be my first stadium show, so I am definitely dreading the merch lines. It's already bad enough at regular PJ arena shows, so I can only imagine how insane it will be at the Seattle Home Shows. 

If they do merch the same way they have for the other stadium shows...
    try to go down to the merch tent/trailer the first day it's open.
    You'll still end up waiting for a while...
    but the lines will be way shorter than they are on show days!
    Since the first Seattle show is on Wednesday,
    I'm thinking the first merch tent will open sometime on Monday!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    SalJamSalJam Posts: 125
    edited February 2018
    This makes so much sense....... Happy fans and the band will gross more $.   Win/Win
  • Options
    A number of bands use this service to offer pre-orders  https://shopsidestep.com/
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    That would actually be a really good idea and I'd probably avail of it once I knew that there wouldn't be extra stuff in the venue on the day in question.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 429
    ComeToTX said:
    Poster only lines would solve a lot of it. I seem to always get stuck behind people that can’t decide which shirt to get and have no idea what size they are. 
    That is something that completely baffles me, how grown adults don't know what size t-shirt they are and they have to ask to look at two or three different size shirts. By the time i get to the front of the line at whatever event I'm at I know excatly what I want and the size that I'm buying. It' really not hard.
  • Options
    JM144705 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    That is something that completely baffles me, how grown adults don't know what size t-shirt they are and they have to ask to look at two or three different size shirts. By the time i get to the front of the line at whatever event I'm at I know excatly what I want and the size that I'm buying. It' really not hard.
    To be fair, different brands have slightly different sizing.  I have some PJ hoodies in Small and some in Medium depending on who makes it.  So I get it.  It’s not the case for everyone but if I’m about to drop $50 on a hoodie I’m gonna make sure it fits.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options

ComeToTX said:
    Then you have people complaining that now they have to stand in 2 lines to get everything they want.