Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    no luck for Monday night via terrified sale, I mean verified - looking for a pair for Monday night. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    shmap said:
    MayDay10 said:
    i got section 202 row 10.... hideous or ok?
    I'll be behind you in row 15. It doesn't look good; unless the stage is tilted a bit, it looks to me like we might not even be able to see them. I *really* hope I'm wrong!

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/82930/Wrigley+Field/section-202/row-14/seat-5/
    I saw this...

• SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    no luck for Monday night via terrified sale, I mean verified - looking for a pair for Monday night. 
    BUMMER.  I’ll keep my eyes and ears peeled for you
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    We will have to meet up in Chicago. I still have your #. 
  • shmapshmap Posts: 359
    MayDay10 said:
    shmap said:
    MayDay10 said:
    I'll be behind you in row 15. It doesn't look good; unless the stage is tilted a bit, it looks to me like we might not even be able to see them. I *really* hope I'm wrong!

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/82930/Wrigley+Field/section-202/row-14/seat-5/
    I saw this...

If that's the case, I'm feeling more optimistic!
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    lolobugg said:
    Anyone in reserved for the 18th have a 10c # higher than 677xxx? I might have to buy a pair of binoculars. 

good news is.... you will have better seats than the folks on Murphy's rooftop.
    Say that when they are partying with the band up there! There's definitely so secret entrance shit happening at that joint.

Probably going to pregame there for the Glenn show in March as well. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    shmap said:
    MayDay10 said:
    shmap said:
    MayDay10 said:

I saw this...

If that's the case, I'm feeling more optimistic!
    Its not too bad I guess depending on sound.

They arent listed as obstructed/partial obstructed, and I looked a section closer to the bleachers and they do have that designation
  • How is this section at Wrigley for a concert view  
    139 Row 2
  • Got 2 reserved seats through the TC lottery. Excited to be taking a friend who has been probably the biggest PJ fan I know and has never been able to see them live! 
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188

There are pairs avail, but obstructed view
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    jtgreen said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    any truth that this year's ga got 20 rows smaller as compared to 2016?
    http://images.tickets.com/images/primarysales/gpl/WRGV_PJseatingmap.jpg

Looks a bit smaller but i was back in the 200s in 2016
    Everything is pushed forward. In 2016 the field seats stopped before the infield. If that seating chart is accurate, field seats will be as far back as the infield dirt. Maybe they did this to pull the stage closer. 
    how many rows deep do you think ga is?  25 rows?
    I’m bad at judging but I think 25 rows is a fair guess.  If GA has remained the same size, maybe they added more rows to the field seat sections. I can definitely say that the seats go further back on the field though if that chart is accurate. 
    How is this section at Wrigley for a concert view  
    139 Row 2
    Haven’t personally sat there for a concert but I think you will enjoy. Out near right field in the lower level. View will be slightly angled but you should see the entire stage and you’re actually closer to the stage there than the straight on views from the infield. 
  • bbiggs said:
    139 Row 2
    Haven’t personally sat there for a concert but I think you will enjoy. Out near right field in the lower level. View will be slightly angled but you should see the entire stage and you’re actually closer to the stage there than the straight on views from the infield. 
    Awesome! Looking forward to it. I hope the sound is decent in that spot. Thanks for responding! 
  • Anyone in reserved for the 18th have a 10c # higher than 677xxx? I might have to buy a pair of binoculars. 
    I'm higher than u!
  • Got 2 for night one in section 206. Had 2 field level seats in my cart, but when I went to check out as a guest after it wouldn't take my login info, it removed the tickets from my cart. Happy to finally have tickets!
    bbiggs said:
    139 Row 2
    Awesome! Looking forward to it. I hope the sound is decent in that spot. Thanks for responding! 
    Sure thing! You have no overhang above you there so sound should be awesome. Enjoy the show!
    bbiggs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    jtgreen said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    any truth that this year's ga got 20 rows smaller as compared to 2016?
    http://images.tickets.com/images/primarysales/gpl/WRGV_PJseatingmap.jpg

Looks a bit smaller but i was back in the 200s in 2016
    Everything is pushed forward. In 2016 the field seats stopped before the infield. If that seating chart is accurate, field seats will be as far back as the infield dirt. Maybe they did this to pull the stage closer. 
    how many rows deep do you think ga is?  25 rows?
    I’m bad at judging but I think 25 rows is a fair guess.  If GA has remained the same size, maybe they added more rows to the field seat sections. I can definitely say that the seats go further back on the field though if that chart is accurate. 
    For those in attendance (GA) at the 16 shows, how many rows deep was it? From behind the 1st base dugout, it looked enormous!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    After talking to someone that had GA in '16.....they walked in the stadium after the gates had already been opened an ended up dead center 7 or 8 rows back.   This has changed my whole thought process of waiting in the line...overnight or even multiple nights.  I don't think I need to be on the rail but don't want to be 15+ back either.   Anyone else have insight on when they got in the GA line and where you were in '16.  
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Here was our view from 503 in 16' N1 (still had a blast despite seats)...  you can clearly see GA pit  & looks like a lot more rows than 25 to me (and I mean rows of people, not actual "row size").  But GA looks narrower on the 18' seating chart compared to 16'..
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
    Thanks for your feedback Jvollman
  • Need 2 for Saturday Wrigley n1 shutout of the 10c and verified fan disaster 
  • After talking to someone that had GA in '16.....they walked in the stadium after the gates had already been opened an ended up dead center 7 or 8 rows back.   This has changed my whole thought process of waiting in the line...overnight or even multiple nights.  I don't think I need to be on the rail but don't want to be 15+ back either.   Anyone else have insight on when they got in the GA line and where you were in '16.  

There is no way this is true unless they worked their way through the crowd. I waited in line from 11 am for Wrigley 1 and when I got in center was already at least 8 deep, i ended up 5 deep on Mike's side
  • efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 57
    After talking to someone that had GA in '16.....they walked in the stadium after the gates had already been opened an ended up dead center 7 or 8 rows back.   This has changed my whole thought process of waiting in the line...overnight or even multiple nights.  I don't think I need to be on the rail but don't want to be 15+ back either.   Anyone else have insight on when they got in the GA line and where you were in '16.  
    I had GA for Night 2 in 2016.  My brother got in line at around 7:30am the day of the show.  We ended up 1-2 people from the rail on Mike's side since most people go for dead center.

1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • sboddensbodden Pewaukee WI Posts: 6
    Got 2 for Wrigley 2 via Ten Club, reserved seats, member #678xxx, finally joined 1/20 (3 Days before Wrigley announcement- too hard to get tickets otherwise lately). Feel lucky to get in, saw night 2 in 2016 thru Ten Club friend, drove down in 2013 to get shut out while waiting in line- couldn’t pay $350/ticket for some reason from scalpers, left general ticket line 5 minutes before they let people in! Which was good since I worked at 7 am the next day 2 hours away in Wisconsin and the 2 am show end time would have been rough (even though I did listen thru EarthCam). Can’t wait for 8/20!!!!! 
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    We will have to meet up in Chicago. I still have your #. 
    For sure!  Any luck yet?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • I just joined the Ten Club the weekend before the Home and Away shows were announced and was lucky enough to get the lottery pick for Wrigley N1 reserved.  This will be my first JP show after being a fan since '92.   As i look at various seating charts floating around i see GA pit and what looks to be seating behind GA.  Are those reserved or GA seating areas?  

My guess is due to recently join the Ten Club my reserved seats will be back quite a ways.  But oh well, I'm in the building right??

Thanks everyone.
  • bbiggs said:
    139 Row 2
    Haven’t personally sat there for a concert but I think you will enjoy. Out near right field in the lower level. View will be slightly angled but you should see the entire stage and you’re actually closer to the stage there than the straight
  • CDEANSEATTLECDEANSEATTLE Seattle Posts: 33
    Its Funny how I missed out on tickets for my home town of Seattle, but my husband, and I both got verified TM for both Wrigley shows. I cant wait to check out a National leauge ballbark.
  • Section 240 row 1, Wrigley 2013 at midnight!  After a few cold ones during rain delay!  Good view and sound.  139 should be good.
  • Olds44272 said:
    I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.

No need for a car.  L train, Uber, cabs are your friends.  Parking is painful.  ($$$ and time).