Airbnb issues?

Theae Seattle hotel prices are making me look at using Airbnb for the first time. Any suggestions on what to look out for when booking/staying with an Airbnb? 
Tagged:

Comments

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Hidden cameras? lol
  • johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 164
    Just make sure to check all the reviews, I even go as far as google image searching the pictures of a place to see if I get lucky with a hit that gives up the actual location before booking, and image search the posters profile picture, sometimes you get lucky and get their social media page out of it, make sure they aren't weirdos. But in all my years of airbnbs, have never had a problem, just choose a place that looks like it meets your standards and has good reviews. 
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Just make sure to check all the reviews, I even go as far as google image searching the pictures of a place to see if I get lucky with a hit that gives up the actual location before booking, and image search the posters profile picture, sometimes you get lucky and get their social media page out of it, make sure they aren't weirdos. But in all my years of airbnbs, have never had a problem, just choose a place that looks like it meets your standards and has good reviews. 
    I was going to say the same thing. Read all the reviews and look for warning signs and Google Image the area too to make sure it does not look like an area you don't want to be in. 
    Also be sure to take a peak at the amenities offered. For some its not a big deal but when i was looking i noticed a few did not have Air Conditioning....... I was like its summer time.... I need some AC! 

I use airbnb a couple times a year and have not had a problem yet. 

Hotels are really expensive in seattle :(
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I got cancelled recently by a 5 star superhost or whatever they are called. I booker a couple of days before the tour officially announced and now I am left with higher prices and not near the selection that was there before. At least it happened this far out. Coming down with 3 kids and 3 adults I need a decent sized place. 
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    Ditto on checking the reviews, especially comments about response of the host. I don't much pay attention to the reviews on the place itself, unless it's like a safety issue. But, I tend to Air BnB for a bed and shower, not a place to spend half my travel time at. Also look at how the host responds to comments in the reviews.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    PJNB said:
    I got cancelled recently by a 5 star superhost or whatever they are called. I booker a couple of days before the tour officially announced and now I am left with higher prices and not near the selection that was there before. At least it happened this far out. Coming down with 3 kids and 3 adults I need a decent sized place. 
    That stinks! 
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22