Curb Your Enthusiasm

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

I remember hearing that story about how the footage from the Curb episode helped this guy get off.  Crazy story.  Looks good...I'll have to check that out.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    hedonist said:
    I love Larry so much that I'm willing to forgive his repeating certain Seinfeld storylines.
    He has repeated a few Curb storylines too this year with some different variations.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited November 2017
    This looks awesome. Thanks for the tip.
    Man, prosecutors who fight as hard as they can to have an innocent person executed are hard to take. They always make me wonder if they really care about justice, or if it's all about winning. Sometimes they seem to purposefully fight against evidence that exonerates the innocent defendant. It's no better than a scummy defense lawyer who knowingly works to set a guilty murderer or rapist free.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited December 2017

Anyone else disappointed with the finale and last few episodes leading up to it?

Couple funny things in the finale but it didn't feel cohesive and things didn't tie together as they normally do...

I hope LD doesn't go out like that.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I watched the first few minutes, then stopped (more from just not being in the mood at the time vs. it not holding my interest).  I've read it wasn't up to snuff but still will catch the rest of it soon.

Then cancelling my HBO!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    I thought the last couple of episodes were kinda "meh".  Overall, I thought the season was good.  Better than I expected.
    It wasn't the best season of Curb, but still pretty damn good and better than just about any other comedy on TV right now. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    Larry David clearly has a bit of a problem with finales, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Season 10 confirmed!   
    mca47 said:
    Season 10 confirmed!   
    nice!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Nama - stick it to her!!hahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mca47 said:
    Season 10 confirmed!   
    Pretty, pretty, pretttttttty good!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mca47 said:
    Season 10 confirmed!   
    Pretty, pretty, pretttttttty good!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJ_Soul said:
    This looks awesome. Thanks for the tip.
    Man, prosecutors who fight as hard as they can to have an innocent person executed are hard to take. They always make me wonder if they really care about justice, or if it's all about winning. Sometimes they seem to purposefully fight against evidence that exonerates the innocent defendant. It's no better than a scummy defense lawyer who knowingly works to set a guilty murderer or rapist free.

Finally watched this last night. Really worth watching......and yeah, it seems like winning is more important than justice, at least it was in this case.

Coincidentally, I've been binging on Curb and am about 2 episodes away from this episode. Season 4 is pretty much peak Curb.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Finally finished this season while I was down with the flu. The 1st few episodes had their ups and downs but I felt it finished strong. When Lin-Manuel's cousins stay with Larry and he asks if they want separate bedrooms and Leon made a sound in the background, that almost threw off my couch.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    This is "Curb-related"

Jeff Garlin does a monthly comedy show at Largo in Los Angeles.

Last night was a great show....he had a great line-up with Adam Sandler, Zach Galifinakis, Kirk Fox....and Fran Healy, from Travis, who performed 6 Travis songs, and was also interviewed onstage by Jeff.

If you are ever in L.A., check out Jeff's stand-up show!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Wow, that sucks!  I always loved Funkhouser!
    I saw JB Smoove standup a week or two ago.  Was fun.  
    JK_Livin said:
    Damn it. Not the reason I was hoping this thread was bumped for. This sucks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    He was also an excellent professional surrogate in Arrested Development.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Aw man...I liked him all the way back to his Super Dave antics.

Fuck cancer.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    He can now tell “the joke” to the angels...

World won’t be the same without Super Dave/the surrogate/Funk Man. 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    You people are doing God’s work here. I am honored and humbled.
    edited May 2019
    I am rewatching Curb, again, and I've never realized how much Cheryl was a bitch. I always just thought of her as a nagging wife but a generally nice person. But man, Larry wasn't that bad of a husband, especially compared to Jeff.
    She was definitely more likable in the first few seasons but to divorce him over petty stuff is bullshit. He couldn't HEAR her! It's not that he chose the Tivo guy over her. He just couldn't HEAR her. Then she immediately holds hands and starts dating that No Fly Zone guy? Fuck that bullshit. And then she leaves him with the Blacks, after flying them thousands of miles to live in their house, and never talks to them again....then only is nice to Larry when she realized he would cast her in the Seinfeld reunion......THEN she dates Ted Danson?!??!?!

Fuck Cheryl David.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Agreed mostly on Cheryl (c'mon, Larry IS Larry).

I've been watching random episodes; just recently caught the Foisted ep of the last season, where he's struggling to open the shampoo bottle in the shower.  I've done the same - fuck you, Shea Moisture!

And the holding of the door...and all of it.  I love this show.

And I love how Cheryl dated a Larry/Ted lookalike.
    hedonist said:
    Agreed mostly on Cheryl (c'mon, Larry IS Larry).

I've been watching random episodes; just recently caught the Foisted ep of the last season, where he's struggling to open the shampoo bottle in the shower.  I've done the same - fuck you, Shea Moisture!

And the holding of the door...and all of it.  I love this show.

And I love how Cheryl dated a Larry/Ted lookalike.
    I gonna start season 8 soon. The last two are definitely a step down in my opinion. Like the holding of the door thing--he already did a version of that bit early on. I think they repeated themselves a bit. Wonder if I will think differently after another viewing though...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    The Fatwa season is great.   

Buck Dancer ...