Presale...well that sucked

Comments

• I just tried for Missoula at 10am. I already won a pair of field 10c but needed two more.   I entered two floor seats.  Then.  Next screen said you have to buy 4 tickets!! I thought huh?? So I entered 2 again and got same message.  It's a 4 ticket maximum not minimum and I think Griztix made an error on the back end. Then, I said let me see reserved.  Got same message again.  Then I entered two and got some seats but chose to release them.  Tried a final time and then told my code had been used!!!! It's just frustrating because i try so hard to follow the rules, tips and tricks and be ready.  I'm in Seattle and didn't even get any of those shows 10C presale or verified codes.  High demand band!! 
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    shmap said:
    That was rough, but I'm glad to be in the building. I didn't see anything that *wasn't* obstructed view for Wrigley 1; did anyone have a different experience? Wondering if I should take my friend up on her offer to use her grandpa's season ticket holder access to try for better seats. 
    Pretty sure the season ticket holder presale already happened.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • shmapshmap Posts: 359
    RP112579 said:
    shmap said:
    That was rough, but I'm glad to be in the building. I didn't see anything that *wasn't* obstructed view for Wrigley 1; did anyone have a different experience? Wondering if I should take my friend up on her offer to use her grandpa's season ticket holder access to try for better seats. 
    Pretty sure the season ticket holder presale already happened.
    I figured the same, but it won't hurt to ask. My 65 year-old mum is flying in to attend the shows with me, and I'd like to get better seats for her sake if I can!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    PB11041 said:
    There is a touch of karma in all of this.  I wanted to believe this was going to be a very good thing for the fans, but it seems to have been haphazard at best.
    How is it haphazard? There are more people trying for tickets than there are tickets available, and most everyone wants "good" tickets of which there are even fewer available. Not a lot that can be done to change that. Verified Fan was a second chance for those of us in 10c.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Ironic this band has the worst ticket policies for the majority of fans and insists on playing venues with horrific ticketing systems

Majority of fans are being punished because they decided to pick a fight with TM when they were young
    Seriously? They do more than any other fan club to get a good chunk of the good seats into the hands of their fans. I don’t see any other band reserving ALL the GA tix for their fanclub only. Can you lose in the 10c lotto? Of course. But they offer a fairly decent system AND allow you to see your odds of getting tix, shut down 10c resales for over face, and offer this great board for us to help each other get to shows.

Additionally, they’ve now joined up with the TM Verified Fan system in a second round to try and keep the bots out. Certainly not perfect but so far it’s the best system to date to help deter scalpers. 

TM sucks no matter how you try for tix. Has nothing to do with PJ’s attempt at trying to even the playing field by calling them out on their unfair practices and cornering the market. You think a small ticket system like AXS can handle a 40,000 seat venue? Is it PJ’s fault that the venues themselves choose the ticket broker they use? Should an enormously popular band play tiny venues in order to steer clear of TicketBastard and the like? 

You have over 6 months to look for tix, 10 clubbers will be here with extras the entire time. Stop being bitter and put in the legwork we’ve all done to see the show.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    Shows are 6+ months away. At this time in 2016 I was shut out of Fenway and I wound up with Turf tix for both nights. Keep a cool head and your eyes peeled - there will be tickets around for all of these shows.
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    There is a touch of karma in all of this.  I wanted to believe this was going to be a very good thing for the fans, but it seems to have been haphazard at best.
    How is it haphazard? There are more people trying for tickets than there are tickets available, and most everyone wants "good" tickets of which there are even fewer available. Not a lot that can be done to change that. Verified Fan was a second chance for those of us in 10c.
    People were not getting in when their window was open, people were losing tickets that were in their cart, that is haphazard.  This was a pretty bad user experience.  And I'll say it again, the band via their own communications made it sound like a given that fanclub access was going to be unprecedented.  By the odds, it sure looked that way.  I was not surprised I lost on Wrigley night 1 as my first choice, but I am a little surprised that I lost my 2nd choice, and my 3rd choice, and won just the fourth.  It happens.  It is disappointing.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2018
    Anyone have a spare pair for Wrigley 8/20?
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    People were not getting in when their window was open, people were losing tickets that were in their cart, that is haphazard.  This was a pretty bad user experience.  And I'll say it again, the band via their own communications made it sound like a given that fanclub access was going to be unprecedented.  By the odds, it sure looked that way.  I was not surprised I lost on Wrigley night 1 as my first choice, but I am a little surprised that I lost my 2nd choice, and my 3rd choice, and won just the fourth.  It happens.  It is disappointing.  
    You were surprised you lost GA with a 22% chance, as your first choice?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    PB11041 said:

PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    I'm not saying you shouldn't be disappointed, but an unprecedented number of fan club members did get tickets. Not sure how 10c's description was anything other than correct.

How many of the three choices you lost were GA? Those were always going to be the toughest tickets. Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't be disappointed but there are much fewer disappointed people this morning than usual.

• VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 313
    JimmyV said:
    VOLARE said:
    I had 4 tickets, payment submitted.  Service processing.  After it was done processing it said I had no tickets! I don't think the UM service can handle this. Not sure if they'll show up or not. Looked like I had them but when done processing it said I had no tickets. Very frustrating. Good seats too! Well, fingers crossed. Thought this was going to be smooth, in and out in the first three minutes and just waiting for the confirmation page to say I was done. Yikes.
    Is there a charge on your credit card?
    Not yet. Just hoping their system is slow. But I kind of doubt it. I think they crashed out trying to process. It's a shame. I got really excited at the tickets it gave me to purchase. Believe me, I did not mouse around or refresh.  I let the computer run. Hahaha. Missoula was only a 4 ticket option too, and they had email or will call pick up options. Who knows. Shit happens... I'm old school.  I liked standing in line to be honest when I was a kid.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
    VOLARE said:
    JimmyV said:
    VOLARE said:
    I had 4 tickets, payment submitted.  Service processing.  After it was done processing it said I had no tickets! I don't think the UM service can handle this. Not sure if they'll show up or not. Looked like I had them but when done processing it said I had no tickets. Very frustrating. Good seats too! Well, fingers crossed. Thought this was going to be smooth, in and out in the first three minutes and just waiting for the confirmation page to say I was done. Yikes.
    Not yet. Just hoping their system is slow. But I kind of doubt it. I think they crashed out trying to process. It's a shame. I got really excited at the tickets it gave me to purchase. Believe me, I did not mouse around or refresh.  I let the computer run. Hahaha. Missoula was only a 4 ticket option too, and they had email or will call pick up options. Who knows. Shit happens... I'm old school.  I liked standing in line to be honest when I was a kid.
    That sucks. Hope it works out for you.

VOLARE said:
    JimmyV said:
    VOLARE said:
    exactly that's how I got tickets to see Metallica, Pink Floyd even Pearl Jam back in 93, I went to a ticketmaster location and it was easy
    RP112579 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    You were surprised you lost GA with a 22% chance, as your first choice?
    What part of the words NOT SURPRISED is confusing. 

JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    I'm not saying you shouldn't be disappointed, but an unprecedented number of fan club members did get tickets. Not sure how 10c's description was anything other than correct.

How many of the three choices you lost were GA? Those were always going to be the toughest tickets. Again, I'm not saying you shouldn't be disappointed but there are much fewer disappointed people this morning than usual.
    I put in for 1 GA, I usually don't even waste my time with it.  

at least weed is legal here in Seattle, so I will just smoke some Maui Wowie, and hope for the best when my shitty ticket time slot window opens up, by the way keep legalizing it's a great thing

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Well, fuck.  When is the public sale?
  • PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    Yeah but did you really expect anything different from TM?
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    Yeah but did you really expect anything different from TM?

• pjl44 said:
    Shows are 6+ months away. At this time in 2016 I was shut out of Fenway and I wound up with Turf tix for both nights. Keep a cool head and your eyes peeled - there will be tickets around for all of these shows.
    Great advice. My girlfriend and I headed to Fenway in 2016 without tickets and we juggled tickets offers for both shows all weekend. There will be tickets.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • I didn't think it was possible that a fan base complained more than Phish fans but PJ is rivaling that. They did everything they possibly could to get these tickets into the hands of real fans. 
    I didn't think it was possible that a fan base complained more than Phish fans but PJ is rivaling that. They did everything they possibly could to get these tickets into the hands of real fans. 
    Have you heard Star Wars fans lately? They still have us beat.

• JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    MLB sites are NOT set up for the volume that these shows get. regardless of all the issues that ticketmaster has, getting Seattle tickets via their site just now was a piece of cake.  their site handles the volume and doesnt knock you out.
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Haha, that was a joke. I had a 10am slot for Seattle, and just spent 15 minutes not finding any tickets. Nothing, not even obstructed view seats for either show. Yay! It's ok, since unless they were absolutely stellar seats I was going to toss them back. No way I was doing 10c reserved and risk paying $120/ticket without knowing where I'd be sitting. So I'll see PJ sometime in 2022 when they take up residency at the new Key Arena. Good luck everyone!
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    There were not a lot of good seats for Seattle. Were all the grayed out taken by Ten Club or are they saving seats for the public? It seemed all that was available were 300's, 100/200 w/ obstructed views and two sections of 100 level seats back by home plate.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Corey GCorey G Tacompton, WA Posts: 37
    Anyone have the 10:30 slot for Seattle and have or have not gotten a code texted to them yet? 10 till and still haven’t gotten a text. WTF?
    well smoking a bowl definitely helped, I think I will put on some Funkadelic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOZwwRH6XU
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    jeffbr said:
    Haha, that was a joke. I had a 10am slot for Seattle, and just spent 15 minutes not finding any tickets. Nothing, not even obstructed view seats for either show. Yay! It's ok, since unless they were absolutely stellar seats I was going to toss them back. No way I was doing 10c reserved and risk paying $120/ticket without knowing where I'd be sitting. So I'll see PJ sometime in 2022 when they take up residency at the new Key Arena. Good luck everyone!
    me too and i pulled 127 row 34.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • 8 minutes out...  Still No Code....  :s