Options

Smashing Pumpkins!

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    With the new album I'm guessing there will be some limited signed bundle version costing $200 including some tea bags.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,185

I have only seen the original band once and that was in 1999 during the ARISING tour.

they were excellent. played unreleased(at the time) songs and deep cuts. I have probably seen the SP as many times as Pearl Jam. I enjoyed all of the different line-ups over the years. but the original was the best.

only other chance i had to see the original line-up was when I Had tickets to a show on the first leg of the Mellon Collie tour in 96 when the infamous heroin overdose derailed the tour.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    My first SP show was Reading Festival 95, just before Mellon Collie was released. They opened with Jellybelly into Zero, which was pretty ballsy at a festival when hardly anyone had heard them (no online leaks in 95!) I think about half the set was made up of Mellon Collie songs, but the crowd went nuts for most of it. It’s probably my favourite SP show of the 4 I’ve seen
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    The thing I found funny is how he seems to think that this tour will either make them or brake them , lol it’s way past midnight for this band ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,598
    The thing I found funny is how he seems to think that this tour will either make them or brake them , lol it’s way past midnight for this band ...
    Hardly.  If they were able to tour like Pearl Jam has, they would be just fine.  They definitely have their issues, don't get me wrong, but I think they could be successful.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    when they toured here for Oceania, they played their new album in its entirety (massive risk) with only Billy as original member, and the place was nearly sold out (13,000). the demand for original member reunion tickets would be massive. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    1 hour left!! Excited to see what's going on!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Yeah. I think they have a shot to be a big touring band again. especially with the original lineup. there was something about those characters that people want to see. I think Bob Mould called them the grunge Monkees.

Billy finally realized that he is not the BAND. maybe he played everything except drums on the records but the public perception is they are a band- Billy, James, D'arcy and Jimmy.

Plus, love em or hate em. they have just as many if not more "classics" that people my age grew up with.

if they market this right they could make a lot of $$$$.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    North American Tour starting in July
    The Smashing Pumpkins "Shiny And Oh So Bright" Tour - Billy Corgan, James Iha, Jeff Schroeder, and Jimmy Chamberlin celebrating songs from their first 5 albums from Gish to Machina. Tickets available Friday Feb 23rd beginning at 10AM local.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    I will be there!  July 22nd in ATL!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    lolobugg said:

Yeah. I think they have a shot to be a big touring band again. especially with the original lineup. there was something about those characters that people want to see. I think Bob Mould called them the grunge Monkees.

Billy finally realized that he is not the BAND. maybe he played everything except drums on the records but the public perception is they are a band- Billy, James, D'arcy and Jimmy.

Plus, love em or hate em. they have just as many if not more "classics" that people my age grew up with.

I'd love to catch them in Kansas City if things pan out right this year.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

I'd love to catch them in Kansas City if things pan out right this year.

go for it!

it's gonna be awesome.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    I'll be at the Indy show on 8/17. Then driving up to Chicago the next morning for PJ! What a weekend!
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • Options
    chadaw76 said:
    I'll be at the Indy show on 8/17. Then driving up to Chicago the next morning for PJ! What a weekend!

hmmmmmm. that sounds like a good idea.

we got to see Wilco last year in between Pj dates in Chicago.

wonder if I could swing this too.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    I'll be at the Atlanta show.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Doink317Doink317 Indianapolis Posts: 84
    chadaw76 said:
    Will be doing the same thing! Can’t wait!
  • Options
    Loved the shows I saw about 10 years ago when Jimmy was still in the band.  Tons of setlist variation and jamming.  I think they might have bit off more than they can chew with these big venues, but this should work in my favor.  Will prob wait ti get Boston tix till the week of and grab em on the cheap off of Stubhub.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Loved the shows I saw about 10 years ago when Jimmy was still in the band.  Tons of setlist variation and jamming.  I think they might have bit off more than they can chew with these big venues, but this should work in my favor.  Will prob wait ti get Boston tix till the week of and grab em on the cheap off of Stubhub.
    I was just thinking the same thing for MSG. Have done pretty well waiting until week of to buy for under face in the past, of course this never happens with Pearl Jam. 

NYPJ
  • Options
    Agreed.  Was hoping for a smaller venue tour.  United Center in Chicago kinda sucks.  There are a few days off in the Chicago portion of the tour and I'm hoping Billy does something for the hometown folks.  Saw the Pumpkins in 2016 at the Opera House in Chicago and it was not sold out.  I realize its more of a reunion, but some of these venues are big.

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    Ticket prices for Detroit $49 - $125 Little Caesars Arena.  Going to be an expensive night in Motown.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Agreed.  Was hoping for a smaller venue tour.  United Center in Chicago kinda sucks.  There are a few days off in the Chicago portion of the tour and I'm hoping Billy does something for the hometown folks.  Saw the Pumpkins in 2016 at the Opera House in Chicago and it was not sold out.  I realize its more of a reunion, but some of these venues are big.

OK yeah I thought it was just me. I saw the venues and immediately thought there’s no way they are fillingsome of these places.  they should’ve done smaller venues for sure 
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Man, tickets are expensive. $49-$150 plus charges for the Toronto show? It's gonna be half-full.

Also, I will 100% be there. I'd go if it were only Billy and Jimmy.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    NWOntario said:
    I'd go if it were only Billy and Jimmy.
    That's really all you need. Saw them in 2015 and it was Billy, Jimmy, Jeff and forget who on bass (but shockingly male) and it was great.
    The Oceania tour without Jimmy definitely lacked punch.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Hopefully I can make it to Atlanta
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    NWOntario said:
    I'd go if it were only Billy and Jimmy.
    That's really all you need. Saw them in 2015 and it was Billy, Jimmy, Jeff and forget who on bass (but shockingly male) and it was great.
    The Oceania tour without Jimmy definitely lacked punch.

same bass player will be on this tour. 2015 on the Manson co-headliner. they sounded the best I have heard in a long time.

but they better get their promo dept in full swing to fill this many venues!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    edited February 2018
    Not super excited that they’ll be playing the same set every single show... but I also won’t be seeing them more than once so I guess the point is moot.... just sorta makes me feel like they’re cheesing it a bit.

anyobe have any idea when tickets go on sale?? Every method I use to check has sent me to some shitty page telling me I need to accept cookies or some bullshit on my browser and it’s getting annoying.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Not super excited that they’ll be playing the same set every single show... but I also won’t be seeing them more than once so I guess the point is moot.... just sorta makes me feel like they’re cheesing it a bit.

anyobe have any idea when tickets go on sale?? Every method I use to check has sent me to some shitty page telling me I need to accept cookies or some bullshit on my browser and it’s getting annoying.
    Feb 23rd

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394

Next Friday, Feb. 23 at 10am local venue time.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140

Feb 23rd

Thank you!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    goldrush said:
    My first SP show was Reading Festival 95, just before Mellon Collie was released. They opened with Jellybelly into Zero, which was pretty ballsy at a festival when hardly anyone had heard them (no online leaks in 95!) I think about half the set was made up of Mellon Collie songs, but the crowd went nuts for most of it. It’s probably my favourite SP show of the 4 I’ve seen
    That was mine too, I loved the fact that my parents let me go when I was 14!  The whole lineup that years was crazy, the only disappointment was Eddie not turning up with Neil Young and the rest of Pearl Jam.