Options

How did everyone get codes/tix already and what the hell pre-sale did I sign up for at Ticketmaster?

First timer with the 10Club presale..  I was expecting to find out tonight whether I was selected for tickets and I come on the forum and see everybody already knows if they got tickets or not.  Did I miss out on another presale or is the information I got incorrect when I registered here - https://pearljam.tmverifiedfan.com/ ?

Congrats to all who got selected for tickets!

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    You will be notified tonight. The codes people received earlier this week were for MLB season ticket holders.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    There have been 2 pre-sales so far, the 10 Club one and the MLB season ticket holders one. The one at the link you posted hasn't happened yet
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    You will be notified tonight. The codes people received earlier this week were for MLB season ticket holders.
    Not so sure about that.  I'm not a season ticket holder and got a code to buy tickets.  Checked it out to see what was available and didn't pull anything near the turf for either Fenway show.    

I'm still not sure how the verified ticket thing is supposed to work.  
  • Options
    What is the difference between these two presale options?

1.  https://pearljam.tmverifiedfan.com/
    2. https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-home-and-away-ticket-pre-sale

The first link is what I signed up for, the 2nd link looks like something else directly from the 10 Club.  They seem like two different fan club presales.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    JimmyV said:

I'm still not sure how the verified ticket thing is supposed to work.  
    I did the verified thing recently for U2.
    For those who registered, you will receive an email tonight saying whether or not you were selected to participate in the Verified Fan sale tomorrow. If you were selected, the email will tell you to expect a text with your personal code tomorrow some time within 2 hours of the start of the sale. You will get 2 texts Friday morning, one with a link to the purchase page and a 2nd one with the code. The code is linked to your TM account, so it can't be shared, will only work to buy tickets under the linked TM account. At 10:00 you go to the site, enter code where prompted and attempt to buy tickets.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    10C pre-sale already came and went.
    Some stadium pre-sales happened for season ticket holders
    Verified Fan pre-sale through Ticketmaster is meant to notify via email today for the people they chose to have access to that pre-sale
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    dbstrat said:

The first link is what I signed up for, the 2nd link looks like something else directly from the 10 Club.  They seem like two different fan club presales.
    The first is the one that happens tomorrow, and you should receive notification tonight about it.
    The 2nd has already happened, its the 10 club ticket lottery. You had to have been an active paying member of 10club as of Jan 23 to have participated in this (not sure when you joined, I assume since you are a newer member).
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,896
    Yeah, I got a code yesterday from the Red Sox (I am not a season ticket holder).  There were very limited tickets available (some pairs scattered around the grandstand) was all I saw.    
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

The first is the one that happens tomorrow, and you should receive notification tonight about it.
    The 2nd has already happened, its the 10 club ticket lottery. You had to have been an active paying member of 10club as of Jan 23 to have participated in this (not sure when you joined, I assume since you are a newer member).
    Wow.  So I've been paying for a 10 club membership for a few years specifically to get a chance at the presale and I missed it because they have another presale going through other means....  This sucks...I just want a chance to go see one of my favorite bands without getting raked over the coals.  Why the hell do they make it so confusing?  I thought I was good when I registered for the verified fan thing in January!

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,796
    Timeline for the three different sale:

Ten Club tickets:
    - you have to have been a member on or before January 23rd
    - drawing opens February 7 and closes February 12
    - winners notified February 12

Ticketmaster Registered Fan Presale:
    - registration open january 24- deadine is February 6
    - notification to lucky entrants on February 15
    - Onsale is February 16

Regular Ticketmaster Onsale:
    - onsale February 21
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dbstrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

Wow.  So I've been paying for a 10 club membership for a few years specifically to get a chance at the presale and I missed it because they have another presale going through other means....  This sucks...I just want a chance to go see one of my favorite bands without getting raked over the coals.  Why the hell do they make it so confusing?  I thought I was good when I registered for the verified fan thing in January!

You missed it because you did not read the multiple emails they sent out nor the announcement on their web site properly.
    I am sorry, but they made it pretty clear.
    I hope that you can get tickets through the Verified Fan TM process.  Good luck!
  • Options
    dbstrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

They made it pretty clear if you read the announcements, not sure which part was so confusing
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    dbstrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

You missed it because you were not paying close enough attention.  However, you can still get tix tomorrow.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dbstrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

You still have a couple of chances.  People also have extras, so depending upon your need, you may be able to purchase singles from some of the fine folks right here.  

Hang tight.  All is not lost. Patience.  :peace:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    deadendp said:
    dbstrat said:
    Poncier said:
    dbstrat said:

You still have a couple of chances.  People also have extras, so depending upon your need, you may be able to purchase singles from some of the fine folks right here.  

Hang tight.  All is not lost. Patience.  :peace:

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    The part that is confusing is the fact that I got the offer for the presale from Ticketmaster a couple weeks before anything came in from 10 club so it looked like another email for the same exact thing.  

I've never been offered a presale for anything by Ticketmaster before.  Maybe for people who have been doing the 10 club presale for a long time this all makes sense but for a first timer to get the Ticketmaster presale email before any notification from 10 club it was easy to assume that was the official presale.

Well thanks for clarifying.  Here's hoping I still get tickets.
  • Options
    The TM verified presale is a new thing.
    Good luck tomorrow, I think the competition won't be too great as most of the die hards have their 10 club tix secured, just a question of what allotment of tickets is available tomorrow.
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm curious to know if the seats available through TM Verified fan will be better locations than 10C tickets
  • Options
    If the Red Sox were indeed sending out codes yesterday to people who are not season ticket holders then I have no idea what is going on. Hopefully there was some inventory held back for people planning to participate in the Verified Fan presale. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    If the Red Sox were indeed sending out codes yesterday to people who are not season ticket holders then I have no idea what is going on. Hopefully there was some inventory held back for people planning to participate in the Verified Fan presale. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    Let's not forget tix accidentally went on sale about a week earlier than the posted date in 2016.  I was so mad when my section C floor seats were cancelled but luckily got better tix anyway.  
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Let's not forget tix accidentally went on sale about a week earlier than the posted date in 2016.  I was so mad when my section C floor seats were cancelled but luckily got better tix anyway.  
    That's a very good point. We never really did get an adequate explanation as to what happened there.

• Options
    Good luck!
    Thanks!  Keeping my fingers crossed for TM verified sale and, if that fails, the 15 min of public availability.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    JS188072 said:
    I'm curious to know if the seats available through TM Verified fan will be better locations than 10C tickets
    I very much doubt it. 
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    dbstrat said:
    Good luck!
    Thanks!  Keeping my fingers crossed for TM verified sale and, if that fails, the 15 min of public availability.
    Don't hate me, but Wrigley sold out in 4 minutes last time and I would guess that more public sale tickets were available. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    TC282314TC282314 Posts: 380
    Season ticket holders is over. Had both dates available. There was another code Red Sox sent out (non season ticket holders) that had limited tickets for the Tuesday show only. I’m not sure why, but with odds ending at 99% for night two I am guessing the leftover 10C tickets went into that additional pre sale to non season ticket holders. 

Verified fan tomorrow. 
  • Options
    ski-bum said:
    JS188072 said:
    I very much doubt it. 
    So much of this "better" ticket stuff centers around misconceptions of what it is like to see a show at a ballpark. People see tickets sold through Ticketmaster in the C section on the field and think those are "better" than the 10c tickets near Pesky's pole. They're wrong. Those first few rows in the stands had the same faraway view of the stage but the slight elevation meant you were looking OVER the ocean of people in front of you, not through it.

• Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 256
    You didn't need to be a Sox season ticket holder to get the password yesterday.  I'm a Red Sox "Insider"...(no idea what that means, I just receive Red Sox/MLB promotional emails) and I received a code.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    That was the cause of my confusion yesterday.  I've never been a red sox season ticket and got a code emailed to me to buy tickets.  
  • Options
    For anyone who got the Red Sox Insider code, what tickets did you see and/or buy?