Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    awesome!   where in jersey are you from?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    Bergen county 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    Bergen county 
    nice!  i am down in howell which is in monmouth county.  about an hour south from you.  
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    Bergen county 
    nice!  i am down in howell which is in monmouth county.  about an hour south from you.  
    I know where ya live. I sent you the garden ticket stub last year :)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    Bergen county 
    I know where ya live. I sent you the garden ticket stub last year :)
    Oh damn thats right!  Thank you and thank you again!  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    everyone going to wrigley 1 or 2 should change their avatar to themselves so i can place a forum name with a face.

Mike  (and my wife christine in the photo)
    Joseph here. Doing both shows in GA with my buddy Phil. We’ll be flying in from Atlanta. My wife is sitting this trip out. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Ok... wife and I have never been to Chicago & never had GA tickets.  She's hell bent on being as close as possible.

I won't go into my list of objections to her wishes... I'll just go along with it and ask you guys for some advice.

How soon should we get to Wrigley to get in line for decent "distance" to the stage and what's that like?

I mean... you show up, stand there for two hours outside... so you can get as close as possible?

Thanks.
    See you in Chicago. 
    Yo, good luck on your endeavor.  I'd get there as early as possible.  I went to both shows in '16.  The GA lines started 3 days prior for night 1, and immediately after the first show for night 2.  On the plus side, there's a great bar kitty corner from where the line started that you can get food and drinks from.... Murphy's.  This will be my first rail attempt since Lolla 07..... Hope to meet you in line.  My uncle is usually a lot of fun and he'll be with me.  He's the guy with facial hair in the pic with me.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • #420Dabz#420Dabz uSATx Posts: 33
    Driving 1234 miles from San Antonio Texas with my Dad and Sister who haven't seen Pearl Jam Live!! 18 hours there 18 hours back. Freakking kidding me Hell Yes its worth it
  • mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited February 2018
    Olds44272 said:
    I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.
    No need to rent a car.  Take the Blue Line into the city directly from O'Hare.  Take a cab or an Uber to your hotel from whichever Blue Line stop you get off of and vice versa.  Very easy. 

In regards to your stay in the city I'd recommend staying within walking distance from a Red Line stop such as Jackson/State.  The Red Line runs North/South and the Addison stop goes directly to Wrigley.  A cost effective hotel within 4 blocks of that stop is The Congress Hotel which you can probably get for a little over $100 per night.  That general area in the Loop is pretty cool and has a lot of things to do during the day. There are a lot more in that area that will be $200/per night and more.  It all depends on what you are looking for in regards to accommodations.

Don't spend $68/per night for parking though.  That's crazy. Chicago is easily navigable with public transportation.

Edit: Hilton Garden Inn is perfect.  I believe its located within a block of the Red Line
    This is stellar info, thank you! 

Booked congress a week ago so it’s nice seeing it’s on the red line. How long is transit time from Harrison to Addison or vice Versa (not counting waiting on Trains... just ballpark time en route.). Didn’t find that online in a quick search. 

Thanks again! 

Coming up with the GF from Memphis TN via car or flight... unsure yet. Boston native. Fenway was incredible for my 40th bday. Can’t wait for Wrigley a couple weeks after my 42nd! Cheers and hope to see some of you for a drink. Staying fri>tues. 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Olds44272 said:
    I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.
    No need to rent a car.  Take the Blue Line into the city directly from O'Hare.  Take a cab or an Uber to your hotel from whichever Blue Line stop you get off of and vice versa.  Very easy. 

In regards to your stay in the city I'd recommend staying within walking distance from a Red Line stop such as Jackson/State.  The Red Line runs North/South and the Addison stop goes directly to Wrigley.  A cost effective hotel within 4 blocks of that stop is The Congress Hotel which you can probably get for a little over $100 per night.  That general area in the Loop is pretty cool and has a lot of things to do during the day. There are a lot more in that area that will be $200/per night and more.  It all depends on what you are looking for in regards to accommodations.

Don't spend $68/per night for parking though.  That's crazy. Chicago is easily navigable with public transportation.

Edit: Hilton Garden Inn is perfect.  I believe its located within a block of the Red Line

Booked congress a week ago so it’s nice seeing it’s on the red line. How long is transit time from Harrison to Addison or vice Versa (not counting waiting on Trains... just ballpark time en route.). Didn’t find that online in a quick search. 

Thanks again! 

Coming up with the GF from Memphis TN via car or flight... unsure yet. Boston native. Fenway was incredible for my 40th bday. Can’t wait for Wrigley a couple weeks after my 42nd! Cheers and hope to see some of you for a drink. Staying fri>tues. 
    it’s about 1/2 hr Harrison to Addison.  Google maps is up to date with transit times w directions
  • We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
  • EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461

I'm in for Saturday! Little brother Nicky is my concert buddy.

We're lucky enough to live a hop, skip, and a jump from Wrigley.

See yous at the Cubby Bear for a 312 before the show.

Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • We are making the trip by car driving up the 17th were able to get a room at the Congress.  Possible stupid question but do the 10club peeps meet up anywhere before the shows to hang out etc?
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    GA for both. .. again... only place to be is on the field of the hallowed ground of Wrigley
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Don't judge me if I opt for a Green Line or a 3 Floyd's product at Murphy's. I don't think Cubby Bear carries 3 Floyd's. :smiley:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Dug1200 said:
    Olds44272 said:

Thanks again! 

it’s about 1/2 hr Harrison to Addison.  Google maps is up to date with transit times w directions

Olds44272 said:

Thanks again! 

The Red Line runs every 6 to 10 minutes.  It's probably about 15 minutes from Harrison or Jackson Red Line stops to Addison.  So upon leaving the Congress lobby it should be about 25-30 minutes. 
    Yep! There are usually 10C preshow events leading up to the concert including a meet and greet the night before IIRC. Details will come as we get closer. I wasn’t able to attend the ones at Fenway in 2016 (from Boston so was visiting with family), but planning on attending one or more 10C events in Chicago. 
    I know that the Wishlist Foundation has Sluggers booked for a pre-party beginning at 1 pm on 8/18.  Try your hand at the batting cages on the second floor after you've had a couple pints.
  • Threet76Threet76 Posts: 37
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:
    everyone going to wrigley 1 or 2 should change their avatar to themselves so i can place a forum name with a face.

Done

Coming from Pa with my wife and brother.  Will more than likely be attending Wishlist pre parties.
    Post edited by Threet76 on
    Philadelphia - October 30th 2009
    Philadelphia - October 22nd 2013
    Baltimore - October 27th 2013
    New York - September 26th 2015
    Philadelphia - April 28th 2016
    Philadelphia - April 29th 2016
    Boston - August 5th 2016
    Boston - August 7th 2016
    edited February 2018
    ^^^^It looks like your wife has some bird shit or something on the left side of her jacket!

Go Irish! See you in Chicago. :smile:
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    edited February 2018
    mcgruff10 said:

done (john and wife)
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • mcgruff10 said:

Done! Matt & Ruthe coming from Memphis, TN (Boston Native)

• KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    mcgruff10 said:

Already is ;)

Keith - my son Drew is in the pic with me.  He may be my plus one on 8/20.  Not sure yet.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    sudzilla said:
    twmills said:
    For those that attended GA at Wrigley before, when's an adequate time to line up to get in(2nd night)? I'm not looking to get front row, but I don't want to be he last person in as well.
    I didn't wait in line at all, went in after doors, and still ended up in about the same position as the above poster
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    For show 2 if you get in line around 5am any idea where you would end up? Within the first 5 rows?
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
    I would think you would...but I'm not crazy enough to have ever been in line at 5 a.m. to find out first hand. 
  • Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    Night 1 Reserved
    Night 2 GA

2 of us + wifes coming from Winnipeg, Can't wait!!!
    2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
  • For show 2 if you get in line around 5am any idea where you would end up? Within the first 5 rows?
     I believe you would, I got in line for show 1 in 2016 around 11 am and we were 5 deep on Mike's side. Would have been deeper in the middle. 
    Good to see a fellow Newfie on here btw. 
  • mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JP218404 said:
    In for both! 
    Bergen county 
    WHAT???????? I am in Howell too.....i have never ever seen or heard of another PJ fan in this town! nice!
  •  mcgruff10 said:

Done, Night 1, reserved 75xxx.  Last year 2 row in middle of field.  Will be there with my daughter for her first show.  Not sure who is more excited.  Her to see the show or me to show her what I’ve bragged to her about for the last 16 years!  Can’t wait
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072

Don't judge me if I opt for a Green Line or a 3 Floyd's product at Murphy's. I don't think Cubby Bear carries 3 Floyd's. :smiley:
    I'm judging you....you seem awesome.

In 2016 at Cubby Bear they didn;t have much good though...Cant remember what I ended up drinking.  Another bar near had Revolution at least.
    hippiemom = goodness