Hey Ten Club... this is ridiculous... Re Drawing dates.

2

Comments

  • tbergstbergs Posts: 4,877
    Bummer for you and anyone else who was mixed up. I too remember reading the 13th and thinking that up until Sunday, but seeing everyone's comments about when the drawing was informed me it was actually the 12th.

    Now, I still missed the drawing just because I was on the fence about it and got busy at work. I'm ok with it though because that was my choosing. If I really knew I was going to be able to go or wanted to make it no matter what I definitely would have entered within a day.

    It's silly to put the onus all on 10c when anyone who wasn't sure could have asked them which date they meant. If you don't fully read the first message or check back after and catch the discrepancy why would any further message make a difference?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand CTPosts: 62
    edited February 13
    I love these posts, I really do. There is always at least one after every drawing.
    I understand being bummed about missing out on the drawing, but this is 100% on those who waited.

    A) there was a slew of information in the follow up emails, including the one that basically said, "HEY!  IT'S TIME TO REGISTER NOW DIP SHIT!", which showed the proper dates; B) the info was also on the website, which I presume you have been to, as you know how to post here, and Ten Club repeatedly warns to read all the rules for entry to educate yourself; C) Who the hell waits until the very last day to enter a drawing that they know is the most sought after ticket opportunity around? (Setting aside tbergs above, I get his situation and he's not bitter). 

    Long and short of it: if this is you're favorite band of all time and you will do anything to see them, you don't fuck around when it comes to the lottery drawing. Or you at least read all of the info that comes your way.  This is not "scrutinizing", it's basic common sense.
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 NY, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester. MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 NY, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV 4/29/17 Boston, MA
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,038
    Mr. Hand said:
    I love these posts, I really do. There is always at least one after every drawing.
    I understand being bummed about missing out on the drawing, but this is 100% on those who waited.

    A) there was a slew of information in the follow up emails, including the one that basically said, "HEY!  IT'S TIME TO REGISTER NOW DIP SHIT!", which showed the proper dates; B) the info was also on the website, which I presume you have been to, as you know how to post here, and Ten Club repeatedly warns to read all the rules for entry to educate yourself; C) Who the hell waits until the very last day to enter a drawing that they know is the most sought after ticket opportunity around? (Setting aside tbergs above, I get his situation and he's not bitter). 

    Long and short of it: if this is you're favorite band of all time and you will do anything to see them, you don't fuck around when it comes to the lottery drawing. Or you at least read all of the info that comes your way.  This is not "scrutinizing", it's basic common sense.
    Oh, that went to everyone?  I thought they were just calling me a dip shit.  That's a relief.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 634
    I actually empathize with the OP and whomever else missed out. I too took a glance at the email and made a mental note of Tuesday. That being said, I put in my picks within an hour of the lottery opening because I literally was afraid of getting in a car accident and being stuck in the hospital without internet access:) Getting tickets was a huge priority for me, so I made sure to get my picks in ASAP.  I actually didn’t realize it closed on Monday until someone made a comment on here Sunday afternoon. My fault for completely dismissing follow up emails with correct dates, but I pretty much ignored those since my picks were already in. My advice to OP is just keep your eyes open, because I’ve aready seen about 15 people offering up tickets. The new transfer policy will make it easier than ever to get tickets if you get shut out from TM presale. I’ve even seen multiple people getting rid of GA aready. You will still get tickets.  Good luck. 
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand CTPosts: 62
    We joke, but apparently that should have actually been the text in the Ten Club "registration is open" email!   :o
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 NY, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester. MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 NY, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV 4/29/17 Boston, MA
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,038
    jmug23 said:
    I actually empathize with the OP and whomever else missed out. I too took a glance at the email and made a mental note of Tuesday. That being said, I put in my picks within an hour of the lottery opening because I literally was afraid of getting in a car accident and being stuck in the hospital without internet access:) Getting tickets was a huge priority for me, so I made sure to get my picks in ASAP.  I actually didn’t realize it closed on Monday until someone made a comment on here Sunday afternoon. My fault for completely dismissing follow up emails with correct dates, but I pretty much ignored those since my picks were already in. My advice to OP is just keep your eyes open, because I’ve aready seen about 15 people offering up tickets. The new transfer policy will make it easier than ever to get tickets if you get shut out from TM presale. I’ve even seen multiple people getting rid of GA aready. You will still get tickets.  Good luck. 
    I always think of ways that I can get screwed out of the concert experience (especially if I have to travel).  But that's a new one.  I guarantee I put my picks in right away next time for this very reason now.  :)  

    Actually, I did mine on Saturday and regretted it because of the six-hour wait yesterday.  I'm doing it right away to avoid the long day from now on.

    I can empathize some too.  This is a big deal to most of us and it would be nice if there was some proofreading.  The fact is that I did not really know which day it was.  I knew it was early in the week so I was just going to sign up on the weekend (which I did).  But I also know we all have different approaches and some like to use the odds to speculate.  Idea for the 10C, how about a countdown clock on the odds page?
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USAPosts: 4,336
    MP59559 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Typos happen. The problem here is that people have decided reading an entire email constitutes a forensic examination. When did reading become such an ordeal?
    Indeed. It's not like the second reference was in fine print. It was in the main body of the very same e-mail. And, the club sent an e-mail when the lottery opened, stating the correct deadline. Not to mention, every place it's mentioned on the website is correct.
    Amen to that. It sucks there was a typo but even barring that people just don't want to read the details. I've seen people on facebook today asking when do we find out where our seats are. It's in there.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16

    New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,616
    PP193448 said:
    Procrastination is evil disease that I get sometimes like the flu, just never with PJ stuff, only with my honey do list from my wife.

    well said!!

    livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

    1995- New Orleans, LA

    1996- Charleston, SC

    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

    2006- Cincinnati, OH

    2008- Columbia, SC

    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2

    2010- Bristow, VA

    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL

    2012- Atlanta, GA

    2013- Charlotte, NC

    2014- Cincinnati, OH

    2015- New York, NY

    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

    2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

    2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USAPosts: 161
    they clearly sent out and posted information with the Feb 12th date afterwards.  why should you have to read additional mailings??? BECAUSE THINGS CHANGE OR MISTAKES HAPPEN.  I don't know about you but I receive updated dates and times daily in my professional life.

    Maybe I should tell my boss "suck it up big lips you originally told me 2pm".
    Haha! Nice! Does your boss have big lips or something?!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 10,709
    Sucks, but at least they didn’t cancel a concert you were going to when you were already traveling for it.
  • zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    Sucks, but at least they didn’t cancel a concert you were going to when you were already traveling for it.
    I actually did have that happen to me, too. 

    Im sure everyone will want to tell me how it's my fault, though. 
  • KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,219
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


    There isn't an official ten club group on Facebook but just about every fan group is a mix of members and nonmembers. Every bit of relevant info is widely circulated there.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bigskybigsky Posts: 13
    Took now chances! My picks went it a day before close. Sorry you missed the deadline :-(
  • D-RodD-Rod Posts: 247
    lesson learned:  put in your picks immediately and then adjust later if needed.
    +3
    Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto 1996
    Copp's Coliseum, Hamilton 2005
    Air Canada Centre 1, Toronto 2011
    Air Canada Centre 2, Toronto 2011
    Copp's Coliseum, Hamilton 2011
    Budweiser Gardens, London 2013
    First Niagara Centre, Buffalo 2013
    Joe Louis Arena, Detroit 2014
    Air Canada Centre 1, Toronto 2016
    Air Canada Centre 2, Toronto 2016
    Fenway Park 1, Boston 2016
    Fenway park 2, Boston 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago 2016
    Safeco Field 1, Seattle 2018
    Safeco Field 2, Seattle 2018 
  • #420Dabz#420Dabz uSATxPosts: 32
    I waited until the last day of the lottery to see the final Odds percentages in order to help me decide on what tickets i have a better chance at winning . 
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 318
    zebra27 said:
    Sucks, but at least they didn’t cancel a concert you were going to when you were already traveling for it.
    I actually did have that happen to me, too. 

    Im sure everyone will want to tell me how it's my fault, though. 
    Well, that depends. Are you Pat McCrory?
    Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 |
    Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18


    "He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

  • mpedonempedone Posts: 318
    JimmyV said:
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


    There isn't an official ten club group on Facebook but just about every fan group is a mix of members and nonmembers. Every bit of relevant info is widely circulated there.
    Pretty sure the FB group "Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members" is a good source for Ten Club information, but I'm no authority.
    Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 |
    Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18


    "He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWestPosts: 12,219
    MP59559 said:
    JimmyV said:
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


    There isn't an official ten club group on Facebook but just about every fan group is a mix of members and nonmembers. Every bit of relevant info is widely circulated there.
    Pretty sure the FB group "Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members" is a good source for Ten Club information, but I'm no authority.
    It is a great source of information. Just don't let the name fool you. It is officially unofficial, despite the name.
    ___________________________________________

    "...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 15,251
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    I personally think you have a very fair & valid point
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 318
    JimmyV said:
    MP59559 said:
    JimmyV said:
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


    There isn't an official ten club group on Facebook but just about every fan group is a mix of members and nonmembers. Every bit of relevant info is widely circulated there.
    Pretty sure the FB group "Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members" is a good source for Ten Club information, but I'm no authority.
    It is a great source of information. Just don't let the name fool you. It is officially unofficial, despite the name.
    Also true.
    Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 |
    Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18


    "He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 2,806
    #420Dabz said:
    I waited until the last day of the lottery to see the final Odds percentages in order to help me decide on what tickets i have a better chance at winning . 
    What is the point in that when you can change your selection?
    I feel bad for anyone who missed out, it would have been nice for 10c to send an email stating there was a typo. But I put my choices in day 1 and forgot which day was even the draw date because I already selected.
  • I fully agree with the OP. I read the 13th and that's what was on my calendar. When subsequent emails came out, I skipped the part about the drawing because I already had the info. Why read it again?

    I also don't follow the forums of fb groups that closely around drawing time, because it's the same questions over and over that could be answered by reading the rules. Or constant bitching.

    I did my picks late last week at work, but had I not had time and waited until Tuesday, I would be just as upset. I was wondering why some people were excited for Monday, thinking it was Tuesday the entire time.
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 318
    I fully agree with the OP. I read the 13th and that's what was on my calendar. When subsequent emails came out, I skipped the part about the drawing because I already had the info. Why read it again?

    I also don't follow the forums of fb groups that closely around drawing time, because it's the same questions over and over that could be answered by reading the rules. Or constant bitching.

    I did my picks late last week at work, but had I not had time and waited until Tuesday, I would be just as upset. I was wondering why some people were excited for Monday, thinking it was Tuesday the entire time.
    Why read it again? I don't know...maybe something changed? Maybe there was a typo in the original? Of course, why would you have thought there was a typo in the original, unless you'd read the entire first e-mail that had conflicting dates in it?

    And, wait, you bitch about people asking questions that "could be answered by reading the rules", but agree with the OP that he shouldn't be expected to READ THE RULES? Interesting.
    Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 |
    Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18


    "He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MNPosts: 1,038
    edited February 14
    I think after discovering the typo they could have just changed it to the 13th.  And if that was not doable for some logical reason, then send something with a subject line that says "DATE CHANGE!" and then explain the typo.

    I did not approach the drawing with that final date in mind, but it's not for me to say that it's wrong to do it that way.  Yes, people could have read more thoroughly, but it's really ideal that inconsistencies are clarified.

    I will say one thing...if I read both dates, I'd have assumed the earlier date to be safe. And/or I would have posted a thread on this board and said "hey, which date is correct?"  (Did that happen)?  But my guess is the people that god fooled just absorbed that 13th date only and I can't be that hard on them.
    Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 Alpine, Alpine
    2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston
    2004 Boston, Boston
    2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)
    2011 Alpine, Alpine
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 St. Paul
    2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley
    2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley
  • mpedonempedone Posts: 318
    OnWis97 said:
    I will say one thing...if I read both dates, I'd have assumed the earlier date to be safe. And/or I would have posted a thread on this board and said "hey, which date is correct?"  (Did that happen)?  But my guess is the people that god fooled just absorbed that 13th date only and I can't be that hard on them.
    I don't know if there were threads on here about it, but I saw people asking on Facebook. Also, I don't think expecting people to read a full e-mail is being all that hard on anyone. I know it sucks to miss a deadline like this, but to blame the Ten Club because you didn't read something fully seems childish.
    Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 |
    Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18


    "He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."

  • edited February 14
    I skipped the part about the drawing because I already had the info. Why read it again?


    So if they had sent out a correction in the drawing section of the email you would have missed it anyways...because...why read it again!!!!!

    I don't know about others but when I read some posts on here I just shale my head...is this real life?

     :o 
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYCPosts: 24,223
    JimmyV said:
    MP59559 said:
    JimmyV said:
    KC138045 said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    So you just ignored all the other emails that said the 12th?  All of the information on here, Facebook, And Twitter said the 12th.  I'm sorry but I have very little sympathy for those that missed the draw because they thought  the draw was today and not yesterday.  

    I never even noticed the 13th typo.  I thought it was clear that the drawing was on the 12th from the very beginning.  
    I never saw the 13th either. PLENTY of info saying the 12th. It was really not confusing at all. 

    What facebook site do you all use? I see fan sites but not one for 10 club


    There isn't an official ten club group on Facebook but just about every fan group is a mix of members and nonmembers. Every bit of relevant info is widely circulated there.
    Pretty sure the FB group "Official Pearl Jam Ten Club Members" is a good source for Ten Club information, but I'm no authority.
    It is a great source of information. Just don't let the name fool you. It is officially unofficial, despite the name.
    It's also a great source for fans stalking the band and complaining about merch :smirk:
    severed hand thirteen

    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12 2015: NYC 9/23
    2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+7 2017: RRHoF 4/7

    EV: 8/4-5/2008, 6/21-22/2011
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,160
    my2hands said:
    chottle said:
    +1 - Ridiculous that the dates are incorrect.  Why should we need to forensically examine the email to ensure they didn't make a mistake?  Email comes in, I see Feb 13 and mark it in my calendar.  Isn't that how it should work?  Same as Zebra27, locked out of the drawing.
    I personally think you have a very fair & valid point
    Agree.  They could have sent a DATE CORRECTION email.  I feel bad for people that missed out.  
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 2,806
    edited February 14
    Yes, they should have sent email saying to make sure you notice the correction.
    But I still don't get why anyone would wait until the last day? What is the point?
    If you want to look at odds, hen take a pick and change it if needed. That actually helps everyone with the odds too, everyone signing up last minutes makes those who use the odds less helpful.
    But for me, its just the fear we'll get a bad storm or something and lose power/internet for a few hours and miss it. I just don't know why if you thought it went until Tuesday why you'd wait until the last minute to enter anyway.

    I can't help but be reminded of all those posts for those who miss the 6-month pre-order window for vaults. No matter how much time they give people will always wait to the last minute and miss it.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
2
Sign In or Register to comment.