Wrigley Field: August 18th and 20th Roll Call

Comments

• astev09astev09 Posts: 60
    edited February 2018
  • Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    mcgruff10 said:
    Kind of an odd question I guess but at fenway my wife and I took a picture in front of the green monster, is there a way to take a photo right in front of the ivy?  I have ga.  thanks.

mcgruff10 said:
    Kind of an odd question I guess but at fenway my wife and I took a picture in front of the green monster, is there a way to take a photo right in front of the ivy?  I have ga.  thanks.
    If you are on the field, you'll be able to get it.  You walk past it to get to the bathroom and  bar/food areas.
  • iskewiskew Posts: 26
    Hey folks - anyone with night 1 want to split/trade for reserved night 2 so we could go to both? 

(For that reserved night 2 - My number is 331xxx and my 2013 seats were pretty nice behind 3rd plate, hoping for similar or better this year!)
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I really hope they have the merch booth open all weekend like they did last year.  I'm only going to the Monday show so I'd like to get all my merch purchases out of the way on Sunday after I get into town.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Dug1200 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:
    If you are on the field, you'll be able to get it.  You walk past it to get to the bathroom and  bar/food areas.
    sweet!!!!  thank you for the info.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    put me down for both!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    It looks like I should be there both nights. Night 2 looks solid but may need a ticket buddy. May be hard to find since my member number is 6xx,xxx but someone’s gotta be desperate right? 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2018
    lolobugg said:
    put me down for both!!!!
    If I’m in back of GA night 1 in front of your seats on the field, you’d better not throw shit at me!!!  Well, tossing a full beer to me would be greatly appreciated though...
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:
    lolobugg said:
    put me down for both!!!!
    If I’m in back of GA night 1 in front of your seats on the field, you’d better not throw shit at me!!!  Well, tossing a full beer to me would be greatly appreciated though...

:lol: I hope I am within throwing distance of you!

hoping for similar seats as last time.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

It looks like I should be there both nights. Night 2 looks solid but may need a ticket buddy. May be hard to find since my member number is 6xx,xxx but someone’s gotta be desperate right? 

I thought you and Becca were ticket buddying?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• ryan_kellettryan_kellett Posts: 28
    edited February 2018
    Olds44272 said:
    I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.
    No need to rent a car.  Take the Blue Line into the city directly from O'Hare.  Take a cab or an Uber to your hotel from whichever Blue Line stop you get off of and vice versa.  Very easy. 

In regards to your stay in the city I'd recommend staying within walking distance from a Red Line stop such as Jackson/State.  The Red Line runs North/South and the Addison stop goes directly to Wrigley.  A cost effective hotel within 4 blocks of that stop is The Congress Hotel which you can probably get for a little over $100 per night.  That general area in the Loop is pretty cool and has a lot of things to do during the day. There are a lot more in that area that will be $200/per night and more.  It all depends on what you are looking for in regards to accommodations.

Don't spend $68/per night for parking though.  That's crazy. Chicago is easily navigable with public transportation.

Edit: Hilton Garden Inn is perfect.  I believe its located within a block of the Red Line
    Post edited by ryan_kellett on
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Ok... wife and I have never been to Chicago & never had GA tickets.  She's hell bent on being as close as possible.

I won't go into my list of objections to her wishes... I'll just go along with it and ask you guys for some advice.

How soon should we get to Wrigley to get in line for decent "distance" to the stage and what's that like?

I mean... you show up, stand there for two hours outside... so you can get as close as possible?

Thanks.
    See you in Chicago. 
    I'm like a tab
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Ha! These crazy fuckers laugh at the poor souls who only stand in line for 2 hours. I've never been in GA yet either, but if you're wanting anything close to the rail, you better be in line by 6 a.m. if you want rail, bring a sleeping bag and a disposable cooler.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    lolobugg said:
    put me down for both!!!!
    See you in Chicago, my friend! 
  • Ha! These crazy fuckers laugh at the poor souls who only stand in line for 2 hours. I've never been in GA yet either, but if you're wanting anything close to the rail, you better be in line by 6 a.m. if you want rail, bring a sleeping bag and a disposable cooler.
    6:00 am the day before.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • ogey38ogey38 Posts: 563
    In the pit on the 18th!! GA on the 20th! Hotel booked. Driving in from Omaha. See y'all there!
    Mid-America Center Council Bluffs, IA - Jun 13, 2003
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
    Wrigley Field - July 19, 2013
    Lincoln, NE - Oct 9, 2014
    Global Citizen's Festival, NYC - Sept 26, 2015
    I would totally stand in line for my friend to get up front at the rail. Done it before. I get pleasure out of seeing people happy. I’m just weird like that. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    I would totally stand in line for my friend to get up front at the rail. Done it before. I get pleasure out of seeing people happy. I’m just weird like that. 
    Do you think the person is happy that waited all day and your late friend bumped them out of a rail spot? 
    Ha! These crazy fuckers laugh at the poor souls who only stand in line for 2 hours. I've never been in GA yet either, but if you're wanting anything close to the rail, you better be in line by 6 a.m. if you want rail, bring a sleeping bag and a disposable cooler.
    6:00 am the day before.
    Again, I've never been in GA, but I tend to believe if you show up at 6 a.m. on the day of the show, you will end up with a pretty good spot. It just likely will not be on the rail. Or it will be on the rail off to a far far side. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    ^^^Anybody with more experience please feel free to chime in.
  • IgotshitIDIgotshitID St.john's Newfoundland Posts: 894
    I have a GA for night 2 looking too trade for a GA night 1. DM me if you are interested
    St.John's 9/24/2005
    St.John's 9/25/2005
    Toronto 9/11/2011
    Toronto 9/12/2011
    Quebec City 5/5/2016
    Ottawa 5/8/2016
    PJNB said:
    Do you think the person is happy that waited all day and your late friend bumped them out of a rail spot? 
    Since I’m short and moved to the back when my friend got there...I don’t think the folks behind me minded so much. I have that problem where I’m always aware of those around me and try to make sure everyone has a good time. I know, it’s a major pain to some, but I like to see those smiles. Sorry but not sorry. :smile::hug:
    Ha! These crazy fuckers laugh at the pokior souls who only stand in line for 2 hours. I've never been in GA yet either, but if you're wanting anything close to the rail, you better be in line by 6 a.m. if you want rail, bring a sleeping bag and a disposable cooler.

I'm like a tab
    Again... I'm trying to prepare my wife for what she needs to do if she wants to be close... 

Never done it.  Wanted advice.  Got it.  

For the record, it is possible to answer a question like a human without being condescending.  It was a simple question.

Cheers.  
    I'm like a tab
    Again... I'm trying to prepare my wife for what she needs to do if she wants to be close... 

Never done it.  Wanted advice.  Got it.  

For the record, it is possible to answer a question like a human without being condescending.  It was a simple question.

Cheers.  
    Ummm...I didn't think I was being condescending in the least bit. I made fun of the craziness that some fans go to for a rail spot. You can see this craziness on "Let''s Play Two". 

Next, I made mention that I myself have never been in GA. My girlfriend is 5' 2" and will be facing the same challenges as your wife.

Cosmo then responded to my post. I even took the liberty to reply to that post for more clarification for you.

Finally, after my second message of trying to further clarify what I knew, for you, I then posted a third message asking anybody with more knowledge for their input.

For the record, I don't know what else you would have wanted from me, but best of luck. Please, in the future, don't be in such a rush to think the world is out to get you. 
  • Olds44272 said:
    I have reserve seats for both shows. At least I am in the door. Possibly booking a room at the Hilton garden inn. I need to sort out the train system for the area. If we drive or fly in and rent a car, it is $68 per night for parking at the hotel.
    No need to rent a car.  Take the Blue Line into the city directly from O'Hare.  Take a cab or an Uber to your hotel from whichever Blue Line stop you get off of and vice versa.  Very easy. 

In regards to your stay in the city I'd recommend staying within walking distance from a Red Line stop such as Jackson/State.  The Red Line runs North/South and the Addison stop goes directly to Wrigley.  A cost effective hotel within 4 blocks of that stop is The Congress Hotel which you can probably get for a little over $100 per night.  That general area in the Loop is pretty cool and has a lot of things to do during the day. There are a lot more in that area that will be $200/per night and more.  It all depends on what you are looking for in regards to accommodations.

Don't spend $68/per night for parking though.  That's crazy. Chicago is easily navigable with public transportation.

Edit: Hilton Garden Inn is perfect.  I believe its located within a block of the Red Line
    Thank you for information! Started the trip planning just by internet and satelight views of the city. 
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i'm in for both!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    everyone going to wrigley 1 or 2 should change their avatar to themselves so i can place a forum name with a face.

Mike  (and my wife christine in the photo)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    In for both! 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more