Options

Discussion done, please close

Comments

• Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:
    Hasn't 10c had these listings shut down in the past?
    Yes they have. They have their ways. This person selling on StubHub may very well be found out and the tickets will be cancelled. I just wish we could know when/if it happens, because it is satisfying to see people busted, lol.
    So if they find them and cancel the tickets, 10c will surely pass them on to me, the hero who spotted the fraud, the poor soul who chose Wrigley 1 as their only choice and was  unfortunately shut down? You’ll all stand behind me right?? =)=)=)=)
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,352
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Again....buyers on Stubhub receive their tickets one of 3 ways.  UPS or last minute pick up for hard tickets and a .pdf of the file for e-tickets.

This seller is essentially saying, 'Once you buy the tickets I will use my one time transfer and send my extra to you.'

Here's the primary question:

How?

Exactly. I don't see how this is less traceable than before. Accept payment then meet the buyer in person with a hard ticket. Whatever they were doing to nip this in the bud before has to apply now.
    Exactly incorrect.  How do you figure the 10C just "roots out the seller"?  You think Stubhub is going to cooperate and bite the hand that feeds??  I see no way in which the 10C can figure out who is trying to re-sell their tickets oh stubhub, craigslist or anywhere else.
    You would be mistaken.
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited February 2018
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Again....buyers on Stubhub receive their tickets one of 3 ways.  UPS or last minute pick up for hard tickets and a .pdf of the file for e-tickets.

This seller is essentially saying, 'Once you buy the tickets I will use my one time transfer and send my extra to you.'

How?

Exactly. I don't see how this is less traceable than before. Accept payment then meet the buyer in person with a hard ticket. Whatever they were doing to nip this in the bud before has to apply now.
    StubHub buyers and sellers never meet in person or have any direct contact.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    wall232 said:
    Hasn't 10c had these listings shut down in the past?
    Yes they have. They have their ways. This person selling on StubHub may very well be found out and the tickets will be cancelled. I just wish we could know when/if it happens, because it is satisfying to see people busted, lol.
    So if they find them and cancel the tickets, 10c will surely pass them on to me, the hero who spotted the fraud, the poor soul who chose Wrigley 1 as their only choice and was  unfortunately shut down? You’ll all stand behind me right?? =)=)=)=)

Anyone.....Anyone?? Bueller ?
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,050
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Exactly incorrect.  How do you figure the 10C just "roots out the seller"?  You think Stubhub is going to cooperate and bite the hand that feeds??  I see no way in which the 10C can figure out who is trying to re-sell their tickets oh stubhub, craigslist or anywhere else.
    You would be mistaken.
    My man
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    pjl44 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

StubHub buyers and sellers never meet in person or have any direct contact.
    Yes, familiar with how StubHub and the like work. I have purchased too many below-face baseball tickets to count. Was talking about the mechanics of delivering hard 10C tix on previous tours.
  • Options
    This does prevent fan club members from picking up their hard tickets and walking them over to the stubhub box office and re-selling them like I saw at Wrigley a few years ago.
    Gorge
  • Options
    Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    Same as the assholes that buy merch just to sell it on eBay 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    lolobugg said:

sounds like a job for undercover Santos!!!

They'll never see him coming

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    The listing is gone from StubHub

............the devil walks among us. 
    Post edited by jpdannabelle on
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options

Just looked and there are still a few for each Wrigley show up there
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    pjl44 said:

Just looked and there are still a few for each Wrigley show up there
    Could be. The one I was looking at is gone. That one specifically said GA, “scan the ticket from your mobile phone”.  Maybe they saw this post and pulled it. It’s a good way to scare them a bit, call them out in the forums and get everyone talking. Sucks though. I’m looking for a GA to Wrigley for night 1. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Wrong.  Stubhub sells mobile tickets too.  I don't see how the 10C can prevent the +1 transfer going to someone who bought on stubhub but maybe they have something in mind.
    With my football season tickets, Stubhub wanted proof that I actually owned the tickets that I proposed to mobile transfer. Once that occurred, I was able to post them for sale, then Stubhub would send me an email of the buyer when they were purchased to send them to. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

You guys are missing the point.

Unless Stubhub is literally going to facilitate the seller either obtaining the cell number of the buyer so they can transfer the extra through the 10C system, or act as a middle man to send them a screen grab of it or something selling extra 10C tickets on Stubhub the way they are being distributed for this tour is impossible.

There are still other ways to try and dime the system, like Craigslist or whatever, but I am not seeing how anyone can get their extra from Point A to Point B using Stubhub as the service provider.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

Wrong.  Stubhub sells mobile tickets too.  I don't see how the 10C can prevent the +1 transfer going to someone who bought on stubhub but maybe they have something in mind.
    With my football season tickets, Stubhub wanted proof that I actually owned the tickets that I proposed to mobile transfer. Once that occurred, I was able to post them for sale, then Stubhub would send me an email of the buyer when they were purchased to send them to. 
    If Stubhub is working with PJ than this is how they figure out who is selling the extra and than are able to stop it. Could be part of a deal in using Verified Fan since Ticketmaster owns Stubhub
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Unless Stubhub is literally going to facilitate the seller either obtaining the cell number of the buyer so they can transfer the extra through the 10C system, or act as a middle man to send them a screen grab of it or something selling extra 10C tickets on Stubhub the way they are being distributed for this tour is impossible.

There are still other ways to try and dime the system, like Craigslist or whatever, but I am not seeing how anyone can get their extra from Point A to Point B using Stubhub as the service provider.

Not sure StubHub would even care where the ticket comes from. As long as the ticket is legit, they’re making a percentage on the sale and that’s all they care about. If someone is willing to pay for it, they’ll buy the ticket and when the 10c member gets their tickets they’ll get the phone number from the buyer and transfer the ticket. It seems pretty simple. Maybe I’m missing something. At the end of the day it’s not illegal, it just goes against 10c rules so really all the seller is risking is their membership if they even care about it or not. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    patkelly12patkelly12 CT Posts: 345
    Ticketmaster doesn't own Stubhub. Ebay does. They are two different public companies.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,088
    edited February 2018
    jdopj said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saltzy23 said:

How?

If Stubhub is working with PJ than this is how they figure out who is selling the extra and than are able to stop it. Could be part of a deal in using Verified Fan since Ticketmaster owns Stubhub
    Stubhub is NOT owned by ticketmaster.  Stubhub solely makes money from charging fee's to buyers/sellers for selling/buying tickets on their website.  It's why TM started their own resell service on ticketmaster.com.   Stubhub is basically a buy it now ebay for concert tickets and make all their money on the transaction fee's (and they're owned by ebay, so it makes sense they operate that way). 

No idea how stubhub feels about bands trying to protect fan club tickets though.   They're not selling seattle tickets because it's a charity gig.  Maybe protecting fan club tickets is another thing they're voluntarily willing to do?

I agree with the other poster though.  I used stubhub to ditch a few extra gnr tickets a few years ago (don't worry, sold them at face which means I lost out after stubhub fees).   As I had hard tickets, the auto printed postage label included the buyers name/address but no phone number.    Even if someone listed the fan club tickets, there's no real way for them to get the email/phone# of the buyer to communicate on how to sell the spare ticket.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I wonder if there are scalpers who join 10c for access to the tickets. A minimal amount but it could be. It’s the only way they’ll get access to the best seats in the house. They could even have multiple accounts. Not that hard to pull off. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,816
    I wonder if they’re are scalpers who join 10c for access to the tickets. A minimal amount but it could be. It’s the only way they’ll get access to the best seats in the house. They could even have multiple accounts. Not that hard to pull off. 
    I don't doubt it. Maybe not "hardcore" scalpers, but even just fans who use it as a way to fund going to shows. Buy a couple of memberships, get tickets, sell them for enough to cover the cost of their own tickets, plus maybe some merch, a few beers, and some walking around money.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    MP59559 said:
    I wonder if they’re are scalpers who join 10c for access to the tickets. A minimal amount but it could be. It’s the only way they’ll get access to the best seats in the house. They could even have multiple accounts. Not that hard to pull off. 
    I don't doubt it. Maybe not "hardcore" scalpers, but even just fans who use it as a way to fund going to shows. Buy a couple of memberships, get tickets, sell them for enough to cover the cost of their own tickets, plus maybe some merch, a few beers, and some walking around money.
    You’re probably right but at the very least I think there are members who keep their membership just to flip tickets because they know it’s a guaranteed profit. Maybe they don’t care to go see them anymore and when they come to their town they’ll buy the tickets and just flip them. I’ve seen it happen when tickets were picked up at the venue.  Members would sell them on the spot. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options

10C is sacred ground for me as far as selling tickets at a profit.

The rest of the world is the Wild West as far as an open market to buy low and sell high on any commodity I can get my hands on, but this place is off limits.

I respect how this band operates this stuff too much to even think about it.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Saltzy23 said:

10C is sacred ground for me as far as selling tickets at a profit.

The rest of the world is the Wild West as far as an open market to buy low and sell high on any commodity I can get my hands on, but this place is off limits.

I respect how this band operates this stuff too much to even think about it.

I feel the same way about the 10c and I’m sure the majority do as well but there will always be the ones who don’t see it like that. They’ll see a way to make a quick buck and that’s it. 10c does it’s best I think to minimize it but it will never be 100% secure. Maybe the only way in to the show is your ID. No tickets, they check your ID at the door, check the list and let you in. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Not sure StubHub would even care where the ticket comes from. As long as the ticket is legit, they’re making a percentage on the sale and that’s all they care about. If someone is willing to pay for it, they’ll buy the ticket and when the 10c member gets their tickets they’ll get the phone number from the buyer and transfer the ticket. It seems pretty simple. Maybe I’m missing something. At the end of the day it’s not illegal, it just goes against 10c rules so really all the seller is risking is their membership if they even care about it or not. 

No.  They won't.  It's not how it fucking works.

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all dickhead here, but I made like $15k selling tickets on Stubhub last year, and I kinda know it all.

Stubhub is a huge global ticketing service. They are not going to start acting like a middle man (to assist in selling tickets that shouldn't even be sold) to manually hand hold 2 people being able to coordinate on how to transfer a ticket from one mobile phone to another, which won't even be accessible for like 5 more months.

Just go with me here.

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

I'm not trying to sound like a know it all dickhead here, but I made like $15k selling tickets on Stubhub last year, and I kinda know it all.

Stubhub is a huge global ticketing service. They are not going to start acting like a middle man (to assist in selling tickets that shouldn't even be sold) to manually hand hold 2 people being able to coordinate on how to transfer a ticket from one mobile phone to another, which won't even be accessible for like 5 more months.

Just go with me here.

You might be part of the problem 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Just go with me here.

Of free market laisse faire capitalism?  Sure.

It's LITERALLY Stubhub's entire business model.

As stated, I have never sold any 10C seats on Stubhub ever, nor will I.

Everything else is fair game. 

• Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Just go with me here.

There are many bands who have tickets available to their fans only so you might be alone on this. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    On Seattle Craigslist it looks like Mariners season ticket holders are scalping super hard. Hate seeing that. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Just go with me here.

It cuts both ways if you're willing to take some chances. I get last minute tickets to baseball games and concerts pretty often. Paid $30 to sit 12th row for Black Keys, $20 to see Morrissey in a theater. I've sat in Loge Box seats Opening Day at Fenway at 1/2 to 2/3 face 4 of the last 5 years.

If you absolutely MUST HAVE AWESOME SEATS TO THAT ONE CONCERT, the secondary market will eat you alive. If you're willing to be flexible and miss out a little less than half the time, you can catch a lot of stuff cheaper than you might think. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Just go with me here.

There are many bands who have tickets available to their fans only so you might be alone on this. 

I don't have access to their tickets.

Anything I sell is stuff I bought on TM, on Stubhub as a lower than market ticket that I bought and resold for a profit, or one of the 324 baseball tickets I paid for in advance as a season ticket holder for and decided to sell.

This discussion has been closed.