Options

What a buzzkill! Thats a LOST for wrigley 1 GA..its verified fan or bust

jeffgqjeffgq Troy, 'Bama Posts: 97
edited February 2018 in The Porch
was comin up from miami.. booked a room at the days inn near wrigley..It was literally the ONE and ONLY day of the entire 365-day calendar year I would be in the region and able to pull off a Pearl Jam show. August 18th was perfect!~~...guess i should have put in for reserved 2nd choice..oops.. now its time to deal with Satan himself.. dreaded ticketmaster.. we’ll see how good this ‘verified fan’ bullshit goes
SHOULD BE SENORITY LIKE THE GOOD 'OL DAYS!! I'M 2003 278XXX ..Guess that doesnt mean much these days~~
August 23rd, 1998 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
October 7th, 2000 - Detroit (Palace of Auburn Hills)
April 11th, 2003 - West Palm Beach (Sound Advice Amp.)
October 8th, 2004 - Kissimmee (Silver Spurs Arena)
June 11th, 2008 - West Palm Beach (Cruzan Amp.)
November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
April 8th, 2016 - Fort Lauderdale (BB&T Center)
August 18th, 2018 - Chicago (Wrigley Field)
Post edited by jeffgq on

Comments

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    You got this!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,861
    Its in the bag for you with the verified fan presale. Have faith.
  • Options
    sometimesicringesometimesicringe Vancouver, BC Posts: 85
    jeffgq said:
    was comin up from miami.. booked a room at the days inn near wrigley..guess i should have put in for reserved 2nd choice..oops.. now its time to deal with satan himself.. dreaded ticketmaster.. we’ll see how good this ‘verified fan’ bullshit goes

We've got extra tickets to Wrigley 1 - PM me
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,306
    edited February 2018
    jeffgq said:
    was comin up from miami.. booked a room at the days inn near wrigley..guess i should have put in for reserved 2nd choice..oops.. now its time to deal with satan himself.. dreaded ticketmaster.. we’ll see how good this ‘verified fan’ bullshit goes

I'm interested, my wife and I were shut out. I sent you a pm. Thanks. 
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    jeffgq said:

I think they were talking to the other person, but thanks for hijacking.
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,688
    Also have extras for Wrigley 1 pm me :) 
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Look at that Jeff. Ask and you shall receive! Life is good! 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2018
    Why not put in for reserved as well?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,306
    edited February 2018
    kramer73 said:
    jeffgq said:

My bad, I got a little overzealous. I'll start my own post.
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    kramer73 said:
    jeffgq said:

I had my own  post, just thought I'd try. My wife and i were shut out and this is the only show we can make. 
    Did you just put in for GA, or Reserved as well and didn't win either?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    To be honest, 2 reasons. Although I've been thru this before i was slightly confused how it worked. I didnt want to buy 4 tickets for $900, which i thought might be the case if i put in for GA AND reserved. Also, having been at the first reunion show with Kiss and Alice in chains show in '96 at the old tiger stadium baseball ballpark, the reserve seating was far from the stage for a lot of seats..i dont want to be a mile away from the stage.
    That said, a friend of mine was just telling me he had GA one night and Reserved the next night in 2016 for PJ and he said he had a better view in reserved seats...its too late now to put in reserved at least with the 10club

November 30th, 2012 - Eddie Solo - Fort Lauderdale (Broward Center for the Performing Arts)
  • Options
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Yea, I really appreciate the offer(s), but we dont have tickets in hand with the tenclub. i would have to coordinate to meet and that would be a pain. maybe the person doesnt make it or i cant get a hold of them. If im traveling 1500 miles up north, i need a ticket in my hand....and i aint doin stubhub..hate that place..i really dont want to spend one penny over $245 for a pair...we'll see what happens friday with ticketmaster
  • Options
    Ray J. T. said:
    Its in the bag for you with the verified fan presale. Have faith.

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,058
    Seniority does matter still. If you had put in for reserved as second choice you would’ve won. And had pretty good seats based on SENIORITY 
  • Options
    Seniority does matter still. If you had put in for reserved as second choice you would’ve won. And had pretty good seats based on SENIORITY 
    yea, i know..a huge FAIL on my part
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    I signed up for the TM Verified, but I don't really follow what that's all about.  Are our names attached to them like Fanclub tickets or can I buy some for non-member friends and pass them on old-school?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    OnWis97 said:
    I signed up for the TM Verified, but I don't really follow what that's all about.  Are our names attached to them like Fanclub tickets or can I buy some for non-member friends and pass them on old-school?

Should just be regular tickets like any Ticketmaster presale. The only thing you need is your Ticketmaster login info to access the sale if you receive a presale password on Thursday.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,570
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Yea, I really appreciate the offer(s), but we dont have tickets in hand with the tenclub. i would have to coordinate to meet and that would be a pain. maybe the person doesnt make it or i cant get a hold of them. If im traveling 1500 miles up north, i need a ticket in my hand....and i aint doin stubhub..hate that place..i really dont want to spend one penny over $245 for a pair...we'll see what happens friday with ticketmaster
    you don't pick reserved as a backup and you're turning down offers for tickets to fight ticketmaster?  do you really want to go to the show?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    bflynn1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Should just be regular tickets like any Ticketmaster presale. The only thing you need is your Ticketmaster login info to access the sale if you receive a presale password on Thursday.
    Hm.  I won and I don't think I'm interested anyway.  Or maybe only those who lost something get the password.  Anyway, I never quite "got" it and now I don't have to.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,001
    Seniority does still count. Not for ticket chances, but for reserved seating.
    And at this point, why would they change it up? How many new members would let their membership lapse if they couldn't get tickets? And no new people would ever sign up. So I can't see seniority ever counting again for actually getting tickets, they'd lose so much money by doing so.
    Seniority will always count for something though, how many members of 10+ years are sure to never let their membership laps just to hang on to that number? I would probably not renew a year or two if I could just renew it later and not lose seniority if I knew I was likely not going to see them. They'd lose a ton of money that way too.

So seniority will always count for something, but not everything. 
  • Options
    RatsTJRatsRatsTJRats Boston Posts: 431
    jeffgq said:
    my2hands said:
    To be honest, 2 reasons. Although I've been thru this before i was slightly confused how it worked. I didnt want to buy 4 tickets for $900, which i thought might be the case if i put in for GA AND reserved. Also, having been at the first reunion show with Kiss and Alice in chains show in '96 at the old tiger stadium baseball ballpark, the reserve seating was far from the stage for a lot of seats..i dont want to be a mile away from the stage.
    That said, a friend of mine was just telling me he had GA one night and Reserved the next night in 2016 for PJ and he said he had a better view in reserved seats...its too late now to put in reserved at least with the 10club

Doesn't work that way.  If you put in for GA night 1 as first choice and Reserved Night 1 as 2nd you can only win one.  If you get GA you automatically lose reserved and if you don't win GA you still have a shot at reserved.  Vice versa if you flip it.  They only let you win 1 set per show.  Just for future reference.
    This could be the day
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    jeffgq said:
    my2hands said:

Doesn't work that way.  If you put in for GA night 1 as first choice and Reserved Night 1 as 2nd you can only win one.  If you get GA you automatically lose reserved and if you don't win GA you still have a shot at reserved.  Vice versa if you flip it.  They only let you win 1 set per show.  Just for future reference.
    yes, i know all of this now. sad thing is ive been thru this before. truth be told, i just didnt want seats up in rafters of a huge stadium where the band is a mile away. i went to see eddie vedder solo years back and they put all of us 10clubbers way up in the 2nd level damn near at the top. we were all pist. it wasnt a huge venue, but it got me wondering if going thru the ten club is even worth it. wondering if i should have gone thru ticketmaster to get something at least on the main level. that all said, the 2016 kick-off show i got general admission and was about 8th row with tickets from the tenclub. thats the problem with these "mini-tours".
  • Options
    Mr BenjaminMr Benjamin Adelaide, Australia Posts: 88
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    10C isn't doing tickets in hand this time. The ticket gets sent to your phone. And the extra ticket will get sent to the other person's phone. 
    I'd be taking these offers dude .
    George, Washington (September 01, 2005)
    Toronto, Ontario (September 19, 2005)
    Quebec City, Quebec (September 20, 2005)
    Halifax, Nova Scotia (September 22, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 24, 2005)
    St. Johns, Newfoundland (September 25, 2005)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 01, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, New Jersey (June 03, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 22, 2006)
    George, Washington (July 23, 2006)
    Dublin, Ireland (August 23, 2006)
    Reading, England (August 27, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 07, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 08, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 13, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 14, 2006)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 16, 2006)
    Sydney, Australia (November 18, 2006)
    Newcastle, Australia (November 19, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 21, 2006)
    Adelaide, Australia (November 22, 2006)
    Perth, Australia (November 25, 2006)
    London, UK (August 18, 2009)
    Perth, Australia (November 14, 2009) 
    Adelaide, Australia (November 17, 2009)
    Melbourne, Australia (November 20, 2009)
    Sydney, Australia (November 22, 2009)
    Brisbane, Australia (November 25, 2009)
    Auckland, New Zealand (November 27, 2009)
    Christchurch, New Zealand (November 29, 2009)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 23, 2013)
    Los Angeles, CA (November 24, 2013)
    Adelaide, AU (January 31, 2014)
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    tinz. said:
    Also have extras for Wrigley 1 pm me :) 
    I was wondering if you still have 1 extra for Wriggly the 18th.
    I was certain that I would get in with the fan club drawing so I didn't bother with the verified fan thing.  I guess I should have. If you have an extra please let me know I'd be glad to tag a long with you.
  • Options
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    10C isn't doing tickets in hand this time. The ticket gets sent to your phone. And the extra ticket will get sent to the other person's phone. 
    so what, i pay now via venmo or somethin and HOPE the other person is honest enough to send me 1 or 2 tickets in July or August? no thanks. i have zero trust in any human. Ya wanna know who i trust? my dog, thats who
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    jeffgq said:
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    so what, i pay now via venmo or somethin and HOPE the other person is honest enough to send me 1 or 2 tickets in July or August? no thanks. i have zero trust in any human. Ya wanna know who i trust? my dog, thats who
    Did your dog win tickets in the lottery?
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    jeffgq said:

Looks like Jeffgq isnt interested, so I sent you a message to see if it works out for what i need instead! thanks :) 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,762
    jeffgq said:
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Okay then. Thank you for coming here with a big sob story, and pissing in the face of those who offer you help. Really some pretty sweet offers from all the whining you were doing. What I fail to understand is why come here and cry, only to turn down the help. Only logical response is you love when people acknowledge that you are unhappy. Like the Facebook users who post something like "I just don't know what to think or do anymore, it's all so tough and I feel unappreciated." Then you find out the "issue" is their bartender gave them a well drink because they didn't specify they wanted Bacardi.

Please feel free to return to the KISS forums.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    RP112579 said:
    jeffgq said:
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Did your dog win tickets in the lottery?
    No, shes a fucking dog. Against 10club policies
  • Options
    jeffgq said:
    jeffgq said:
    FoxyRedLa said:
    Okay then. Thank you for coming here with a big sob story, and pissing in the face of those who offer you help. Really some pretty sweet offers from all the whining you were doing. What I fail to understand is why come here and cry, only to turn down the help. Only logical response is you love when people acknowledge that you are unhappy. Like the Facebook users who post something like "I just don't know what to think or do anymore, it's all so tough and I feel unappreciated." Then you find out the "issue" is their bartender gave them a well drink because they didn't specify they wanted Bacardi.

Please feel free to return to the KISS forums.
    You are SO smart man. Sounds like you know everything about everything! Whats it like to be you?  Does everyone around you ask to be graced with your advice and knowledge?

I was there for alice in chains by the way, not that i give a frogs fat ass what you think