Pet Peeves

Comments

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Looky there paw, ol' Dyer made the 9 o'clock news!
    It does kinda look like me next to the guy, doesn't it?
    Oh, right, the man next to the hat backwards guy. Right. That's what I meant! He appears to even be wearing a Cubs hat, so there's that.
    Come on now!  I wouldn't be caught dead in an A&M hat, much less backwards. :lol:
    FWIW I occasionally wear a hat backwards. But mostly I wear it the right way. When I'm playing softball, I wear it correctly. If I'm having a bad game, I may turn it around "to change my luck." During the summer when I have the top down on my Jeep, I'll turn my hat backwards. If I wear it the right way, a gust of wind could pull that sucker right off. It has happened. If I'm working and bump the bill more than once, I'll flip it backwards.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:
    Buru, right on!

I am sick and tired of the weather folks on the news telling me how to dress based on the forecast.  Just give me the goddamn weather; I'm pretty sure I know when a jacket or light clothing or an umbrella may be needed.  They treat us as if we're idiots or children, or both.

And!

These custom closet commercials - "my friends and I can sit in here and drink wine and look at my clothes and shoes".  I don't want to look at your shitty wardrobe.  I don't want to hang out in your closet.  Screw drinking with you too.

:lol: This.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Married at first sight commercials. Get the fuck out of here.
    Any reality TV show and commercial.
    Fuck people that want their 2 mins of fame on reality TV.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited February 2018
    I disagree. Why say fuck them for getting their 2 minutes of fame? I do agree that much of reality TV is trash, but if someone is going to pay you for it and get a free month long vacation, why the hell not? I never understood people who disliked people who get paid for stuff. Take Alex Rodriguez for example: He got that mega contract and people rooted for his failure because they felt he was over paid. He won the negotiation and someone agreed to pay him that much. Good on him. I'm not a fan of Snooki, but she seems to be doing pretty darn well financially thanks to her 2 minutes of fame. Good on her for that.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Oh, right, the man next to the hat backwards guy. Right. That's what I meant! He appears to even be wearing a Cubs hat, so there's that.
    Come on now!  I wouldn't be caught dead in an A&M hat, much less backwards. :lol:
    FWIW I occasionally wear a hat backwards. But mostly I wear it the right way. When I'm playing softball, I wear it correctly. If I'm having a bad game, I may turn it around "to change my luck." During the summer when I have the top down on my Jeep, I'll turn my hat backwards. If I wear it the right way, a gust of wind could pull that sucker right off. It has happened. If I'm working and bump the bill more than once, I'll flip it backwards.
    I would say those are acceptable situations & perfectly understandable.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I suppose you could call having my cat rip a three inch long gash in my right hand a "pet peeve".  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I would say those are acceptable situations & perfectly understandable.
    Thank you for your willingness to let me explain myself. You're a good man Charlie Brown.

Though if one still wants to consider me a douche, that's okay as well.
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    there's a woman I work with (yes, another), who is like the food order person you described. She is a NIGHTMARE to go out for lunch with. I hate sitting next to her. She asks for a million subsititutions, and almost always sends it back anyway and treats the wait staff like shit like they cooked it. I will never understand why someone like that even bothers going out to eat. 

don't sit next to my wife when she's eating a banana. sounds like intercourse. 
    Right? They should just eat at home. I'm intrigued by your wife's banana eating now hahaha

I'll add another pet peeve - people who wear tall hats or wide rimmed hats at GA or concerts in general, this is made worse if they are already tall (this mostly applies to men).  Thanks for adding a couple more inches to your height by wearing an obnoxious hat, I was not having a hard enough time already (and I'm 5' 7").

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    People with a trolley full of groceries lining up in the 12 items or less checkout
    Yes. Although I admit to using that checkout with 15 items or so, if some of those were duplicate - but never a cart full.

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Passive aggressive behavior.. although that might rank as more than a "pet peeve".
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I disagree. Why say fuck them for getting their 2 minutes of fame? I do agree that much of reality TV is trash, but if someone is going to pay you for it and get a free month long vacation, why the hell not? I never understood people who disliked people who get paid for stuff. Take Alex Rodriguez for example: He got that mega contract and people rooted for his failure because they felt he was over paid. He won the negotiation and someone agreed to pay him that much. Good on him. I'm not a fan of Snooki, but she seems to be doing pretty darn well financially thanks to her 2 minutes of fame. Good on her for that.
    Who is Alex Rodriguez? Who is Snooki?
    Funny thing about these people, and this actually happened, one guy who was on a reality tv show got refused entry to a nightclub and got aggressive at the bouncer saying "do you know who I am?" lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Funny thing about these people, and this actually happened, one guy who was on a reality tv show got refused entry to a nightclub and got aggressive at the bouncer saying "do you know who I am?" lol
    Alex Rodriguez is a now retired baseball player. He played for a few teams, but most notable were the New York Yankees. At one point in the mid 2000s he signed what was then the most lucrative contract in baseball history.

Snooki is a reality show personality. She was on Jersey Shore.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

I feel like a visual is necessary in this case:

Sadly, the visuals get much, much worse. Lol
    Sadly, the visuals get much, much worse. Lol
    Oh yeah! I didn’t want to scare anyone. Some things you just can’t unsee. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    It makes me so sad that people like William T Bovie are completely unknown while Snooki and A Rod are household names.  
    Pathetic culture.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    In light of yesterday's fake, Hallmark holiday it drives me insane when people pronounce it Valentimes.  It's a fucking n, not an m!
    In light of yesterday's fake, Hallmark holiday it drives me insane when people pronounce it Valentimes.  It's a fucking n, not an m!
    Did you have a Valentime yesterday? :look_at_the_time:
    Did you have a Valentime yesterday? :look_at_the_time:
    :rofl: Tuesday.
    rgambs said:
    It makes me so sad that people like William T Bovie are completely unknown while Snooki and A Rod are household names.  
    Pathetic culture.
    YES!!! To both. 
    Alex Rodriguez is a now retired baseball player. He played for a few teams, but most notable were the New York Yankees. At one point in the mid 2000s he signed what was then the most lucrative contract in baseball history.

You're talking to a guy who does not follow baseball nor reality tv lol
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I disagree. Why say fuck them for getting their 2 minutes of fame? I do agree that much of reality TV is trash, but if someone is going to pay you for it and get a free month long vacation, why the hell not? I never understood people who disliked people who get paid for stuff. Take Alex Rodriguez for example: 9He got that mega contract and people rooted for his failure because they felt he was over paid. He won the negotiation and someone agreed to pay him that much. Good on him. I'm not a fan of Snooki, but she seems to be doing pretty darn well financially thanks to her 2 minutes of fame. Good on her for that.

You asked! Just letting you know.
    I disagree. Why say fuck them for getting their 2 minutes of fame? I do agree that much of reality TV is trash, but if someone is going to pay you for it and get a free month long vacation, why the hell not? I never understood people who disliked people who get paid for stuff. Take Alex Rodriguez for example: 9He got that mega contract and people rooted for his failure because they felt he was over paid. He won the negotiation and someone agreed to pay him that much. Good on him. I'm not a fan of Snooki, but she seems to be doing pretty darn well financially thanks to her 2 minutes of fame. Good on her for that.

You asked! Just letting you know.
    I meant with your first post lol.
    Baseball is boring.
    People who say “New York football Giants.”  The baseball team moved 60 years ago. No one is getting them confused in 2018.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    People who say “New York football Giants.”  The baseball team moved 60 years ago. No one is getting them confused in 2018.
    yeah I never really get why people still say that or "THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY"
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    yeah I never really get why people still say that or "THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY"
    Yeah, there's that one, too. :angry:
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I hate hate people say "PIN number" or "ATM machine" or "VIN number" etc.
    Its just PIN! If you want to say "number" then call it the "PI number" or "AT machine"!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    mace1229 said:
    Its just PIN! If you want to say "number" then call it the "PI number" or "AT machine"!
    agree. also hate NFL Football, NBA Basketball. 
    mace1229 said:
    :rofl:  I'm so glad this doesn't bother only me!!
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Or the "U" when ther is no U in Miami. I could see Utah or Ursinus  College calling themselves the "U". But, Miami makes no sense.