2018 Winner/Loser Thread

Comments

• RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    URthekey said:
    Got word last night that my card has been charged successfully..$948.00 GULP!
    1st Choice: Fenway N1 - Won
    2nd Choice: CHI N2 GA - Lost
    3rd Choice: CHI N2 Res - Won
    4th Choice: CHI N1 Res - Won
    5th Choice: Fenway N2 - Won

Really stoked since last go around I got completely shut out on 10C for Fenway & Wrigley. Today more than makes up for that. Thanks 10C!
    @PJNB
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Mine Chicago:
      1st:   18th Res  WON
       2nd:   20th Res  WON
       3rd:    20th GA   LOST
       4th:    18th GA   LOST

My Wifes Chicago:
       1st:   20th  GA   WON
       2nd:  18th  GA   LOST
       3rd:   18th  Res   LOST
       4th:   20th  Res   LOST

Worked out exactly the way we were hoping.  Taking our kids the 20th.   

Not sitting with the kids? looks a little like someone trying to game the system
    Just curious, what makes you think you know how they'd do seating with their kids based on what has been posted?  Seems premature to accuse someone of gaming the system, what are you basing that statement on?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    edited February 2018
    URthekey said:

Really stoked since last go around I got completely shut out on 10C for Fenway & Wrigley. Today more than makes up for that. Thanks 10C!
    Are you 100% sure you won CHI N1 RES as a 4th pick? People lost it as a 3rd. 
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Banjo said:
    KMG365 said:
    I finally broke my PJ tickets cherry! First lottery, first win. Wrigley N1-GA and N2-Reserved. I’m a newer member so I heard my seats will suck but I don’t care. Just happy to go. I’m so freakin’ excited!!! :triumph:
    If your seats suck it will be because a damn computer coupled with karma hates you. From the Pre-sale Drawing Page,"Ten Club staff does not select the winning names. Names are drawn through computerized random selection software to ensure fairness."
    Winners are random. Seating is seniority. 
    People seem to be having a lot of trouble with this concept.
    People DONT read.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • JH6056 said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

Not sitting with the kids? looks a little like someone trying to game the system
    Just curious, what makes you think you know how they'd do seating with their kids based on what has been posted?  Seems premature to accuse someone of gaming the system, what are you basing that statement on?
    GA and Res cant sit together.... You are right.  I don't know. My kids are fairly young and always think of others as same...My bad if I am wrong.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited February 2018
    Tree77 said:
    ugh.

1st: Chicago 1 GA - LOST
    2nd: Chicago 2 GA - LOST
    3rd: Chicago 1 Res - LOST
    4th: Chicago 2 Res - WON 

FYI is anyone has a single Chicago 2 GA, i'd be interested in acquiring it, PM me please!! 
    How did you lose Chicago 1 Res in #3 and @URthekey above won it in #4?
    Yeah, something isn't right.  My brother lost it in #3 too.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JH6056 said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

GA and Res cant sit together.... You are right.  I don't know. My kids are fairly young and always think of others as same...My bad if I am wrong.

My thought is that its probably along the lines of: Dad takes the older kid into GA and Mom takes the younger kid and sits in reserved (or vice versa), doesn't sound like gaming the system at all.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Tree77Tree77 Posts: 32
    Tree77 said:
    ugh.

1st: Chicago 1 GA - LOST
    2nd: Chicago 2 GA - LOST
    3rd: Chicago 1 Res - LOST
    4th: Chicago 2 Res - WON 

FYI is anyone has a single Chicago 2 GA, i'd be interested in acquiring it, PM me please!! 
    How did you lose Chicago 1 Res in #3 and @URthekey above won it in #4?
    Yeah, something isn't right.  My brother lost it in #3 too.

Believe me I wish i was mistaken...

2005: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2011: Winnipeg, Manitoba
    2014: St Paul, MN
    2016: Ottawa
    2016: Toronto 1
    2018: Chicago Night 1
    2018: Chicago Night 2
    2020: Toronto
    2020: Ottawa
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,610
    PJNB said:
    URthekey said:

No I typed that wrong, sorry. 
    S/b
    2nd Choice CHI N1  Res - Won
    3rd Choice CHI N2 GA - Lost
    4th Choice CHI N2 Res - Won

URthekey said:
    PJNB said:
    URthekey said:

No I typed that wrong, sorry. 
    S/b
    2nd Choice CHI N1  Res - Won
    3rd Choice CHI N2 GA - Lost
    4th Choice CHI N2 Res - Won

OK, that makes sense.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    I got the notice at 5:30 PST yesterday... 

1st choice 8/18 Chicago GA LOST
    2nd Choice 8/18 Chicago Reserved WON

Very happy! Someday I'll get GA for one of the big shows! I'd be in the back of GA anyway so this isn't too big a difference! 

Has anybody just put in for ONE show and LOST both GA and reserved for that show? Just curious.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

Very happy! Someday I'll get GA for one of the big shows! I'd be in the back of GA anyway so this isn't too big a difference! 

Has anybody just put in for ONE show and LOST both GA and reserved for that show? Just curious.
    No all reserved seats have go into the second round with Fenway and 3rd round everywhere else. It would be impossible to put in for 1 show and miss it. 

bigsky said:

I cannot believe I seriously lost every single one... I don't even know what to do now... I didn't enter for the ticketmaster verified presale (Because I figured there was no way I could lose all 3), and probably wont be able to get anything now. Correct?
    Don’t get discouraged. You may end up paying a little more but just buy tickets online. Try Ticketmaster or shop around. I’m going to both shows in Seattle and didn’t put in for the 10c tickets. Only trying for Missoula and Chicago via 10c. I’ll find a way in to the Seattle shows. Might pay for it but I won’t  miss it! 
    Can you transfer a ticketmaster code?  I registered for the presale but won't be trying to buy tickets.
    bigsky said:

I cannot believe I seriously lost every single one... I don't even know what to do now... I didn't enter for the ticketmaster verified presale (Because I figured there was no way I could lose all 3), and probably wont be able to get anything now. Correct?
    Don’t get discouraged. You may end up paying a little more but just buy tickets online. Try Ticketmaster or shop around. I’m going to both shows in Seattle and didn’t put in for the 10c tickets. Only trying for Missoula and Chicago via 10c. I’ll find a way in to the Seattle shows. Might pay for it but I won’t  miss it! 
    Can you transfer a ticketmaster code?  I registered for the presale but won't be trying to buy tickets.
    bigsky said:

bigsky said:

Buy the ticket and sell them
    You went GA or Bust and got bust... how does this surprise people? You could have put 2nd or 3rd or 4th choices for Reserved for the Chicagos but didn't. I have zero sympathy when people don't get drawn and they're not good enough for Reserved as a backup. I mean come on.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

PJNB said:

No all reserved seats have go into the second round with Fenway and 3rd round everywhere else. It would be impossible to put in for 1 show and miss it. 
    What about Chicago where it was down to 22% GA and 68% reserved odds? No one got stiffed?? That is awesome.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

Buy the ticket and sell them
    You went GA or Bust and got bust... how does this surprise people? You could have put 2nd or 3rd or 4th choices for Reserved for the Chicagos but didn't. I have zero sympathy when people don't get drawn and they're not good enough for Reserved as a backup. I mean come on.
    There was literally no chance of not at least getting reserved at Wrigley #2.  I get rolling the dice on GA at #1, but I don't get not using reserved as backup.  
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    PJNB said:

What about Chicago where it was down to 22% GA and 68% reserved odds? No one got stiffed?? That is awesome.
    Reserved went to the 3rd round so anyone put it as a first or second got it. This only applies to if you wanted 1 show only. 
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    This is why I did not do reserved this time and put in for GA only in Chicago -I wonder if I am going to do better than aisle 109 (2013) and aisle 115 (2016) in the tm verified sale? My 10C reserves are getting progressively farther away and more expensive.  But my 10C # stays the same....466XXX. - with all that said - ISO 2 night two Wrigley GA tickets. 
  • faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

Our kids are 18 & 15 and my wife isn't big on GA so we'll each have one ;)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
    JH6056 said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

Makes no difference to me.  We both have memberships, have for years.  That give us the right to buy tickets however we want and bring whoever we want.   Everything's legal, nothing to see here.  :) 
    JH6056 said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

Makes no difference to me.  We both have memberships, have for years.  That give us the right to buy tickets however we want and bring whoever we want.   Everything's legal, nothing to see here.  :) 
    My wife and I both have memberships too. We have for years before we had even met. I make her keep hers current even though she doesn't go to the shows too much any more (last one we saw together was Denver 2014 when I lost GA & Reserved and thankfully she won!). You can't have more than one membership per person but if the member is there to get/use the tickets then you're right... nothing to see here. I can't believe people would give you a hard time. 

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

My wife and I have memberships, too, for this same reason.  That someday, all 4 of us will be able to go see a show.   

Recently, we have only used my membership, though, as the kids have been too young.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

My wife and I have memberships, too, for this same reason.  That someday, all 4 of us will be able to go see a show.   

Recently, we have only used my membership, though, as the kids have been too young.  

PJ membership is the new Gerber grow up plan!

sign em up young!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,329
    lolobugg said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

sign em up young!!

haha.   They had that before a 529. 

But seriously, i dont understand gaming the system.  I would never put in multiple "house" memberships for the same show.  look at the prices....i dont want to win 2 sets of tickets to each show.  Yikes.  
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • My Seattle picks were similar to others:

1st - SEA 2 GA - WON
    2nd - SEA 1 GA - LOST
    3rd - SEA 2 RES - "LOST"
    4th - SEA 1 RES - WON
    This was mine.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited February 2018

My wife and I both have memberships too. We have for years before we had even met. I make her keep hers current even though she doesn't go to the shows too much any more (last one we saw together was Denver 2014 when I lost GA & Reserved and thankfully she won!). You can't have more than one membership per person but if the member is there to get/use the tickets then you're right... nothing to see here. I can't believe people would give you a hard time. 
    Unfortunately backlash on anything posted online is the norm; no different in PJ groups and a lot times it's worse.  We attend shows (not just PJ) with a lot of friends regularly.  I wouldn't work the system to get tickets if we didn't have people lined up to go with us.....and get stuck with a $250-$1000 bill for tickets I don't know if I'll use.   
  • Jvfireman416Jvfireman416 Posts: 95
    edited February 2018
    Vedd Hedd said:
    lolobugg said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Mine Chicago:

My Wifes Chicago:

sign em up young!!

haha.   They had that before a 529. 

But seriously, i dont understand gaming the system.  I would never put in multiple "house" memberships for the same show.  look at the prices....i dont want to win 2 sets of tickets to each show.  Yikes.  
    not as much this year as people were worried about dumping tickets. In the past people use multiple accounts to up odds of getting tickets knowing that they could unload multiples to people who lost.  Some even as far as getting tickets to shows that they had no interest in for the purpose of trading up in others. 
    Post edited by Jvfireman416 on
      If you check facebook people are trying to unload multiples as we speak.
    Which group?  ISO two reserved seats for Wrigley either night.
  • Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Based on how many actually did get GA for Seattle, anyone have any theories on the total # of spots they'll have filled on the floor? I am too old and feeble to fight through GA anymore, so we went with reserved, but now I'm worried we'll be waaaayyyy far back in the field based on how many Pit spots seemed to be available!  :s:s
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i'm in for wrigley reserved both nights.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."