Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

1155156157158159161»

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 10,019
    I don't know what it is about the Brewers... but out of all the teams in baseball, I hate them the most. If the NLCS came down to St Louis & MIlwaukee, I'd root my ass off for the birds.  If it came down to Brewers vs Nazis, I'd root for the American League.
    Was there something in Joe Maddon's contract that we have to sign every Tampa Bay fucking Ray known to man?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 965
    I don't know what it is about the Brewers... but out of all the teams in baseball, I hate them the most. If the NLCS came down to St Louis & MIlwaukee, I'd root my ass off for the birds.  If it came down to Brewers vs Nazis, I'd root for the American League.
    Now they’re looking to land Darvish and if it fails will go after Arietta. They’re going to be a tough ass team. 
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, INPosts: 1,365
    bbiggs said:
    Now they’re looking to land Darvish and if it fails will go after Arietta. They’re going to be a tough ass team. 
    They should be tough this year, for sure. I don't know their level of the remaining FA's but I speculate they land Cobb at best. I also wonder if some of their talent overachiever last year. Then you mix in so many new faces taking overy previously occupied positions and there could be some chemistry issues midway through the summer.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 23,010
    DewieCox said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    What World Series Souvenirs do you all have?
    Not necessarily WS, but the rally towels from the NLCS. Grabbed several of those. Framed up the front page of Chicago Tribune and Sun Times as well.  Grabbed a hat, t shirt, sweatshirt, but I don’t consider those souvenirs. The framed newspapers are my favorite WS possessions. 
    That stuffs so cool to collect. My dad’s got a nifty little collection like this. A few bobble heads, hats, Starting Lineup figures and StL Post Dispatch issues from a lot of the big Cards’ moments. The cheap collections are way better than those fancy trophy cases full of bought memorabilia.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 965
    ^ Beyond impressive man! 
    Dig the room, Rob! We need a close up of what's on display in the table!  In the Giants thread... :angry:
  • DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 2,969
    Damn, looks like someone hasn't been laid in  a while.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 3,303
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    What World Series Souvenirs do you all have?
    Not necessarily WS, but the rally towels from the NLCS. Grabbed several of those. Framed up the front page of Chicago Tribune and Sun Times as well.  Grabbed a hat, t shirt, sweatshirt, but I don’t consider those souvenirs. The framed newspapers are my favorite WS possessions. 
    That stuffs so cool to collect. My dad’s got a nifty little collection like this. A few bobble heads, hats, Starting Lineup figures and StL Post Dispatch issues from a lot of the big Cards’ moments. The cheap collections are way better than those fancy trophy cases full of bought memorabilia.

Please also include this pic in the Star Wars thread next time you comment and ask “sup nerds”
    Yu saw his shadow today. 6 more weeks of no decisions. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    so easy to hate today’s cubs :angry:

hopefully, you got WS yu.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Screw YU! Haters gonna hate. Still more home grown talent on the Cubs than on most teams. Now...next year when they sign Bryce Harper, you have my permission to hate. 

:smiley:
    Dig the room, Rob! We need a close up of what's on display in the table!  In the Giants thread... :angry:
    done.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14