Pet Peeves

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    People not washing their hands after going to the toilet.
    there's a woman in my department that does this. every other woman has outed her. we now have a "big spoon only-no hands in the bowl" on treat days because we don't wish to fill our mouths with urine-soaked M&M's. 
    Ron Paul visited my old office back when he was running for president. He didn’t wash his hands after coming out of a stall. :sick:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692

Looky there paw, ol' Dyer made the 9 o'clock news!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    I realize that pretty much anything that involves waiting annoys me :lol:

people who walk slowly in front of me, especially groups of people that are walking slowly and how the sidewalk, not allowing you to pass

people who drive slowly on the fast lane, and incidentally, people who stand on the left on the escalators

drivers who do not signal, over zealous drivers, drivers that tailgate

people who do not use their time in line (sometimes several minutes) to decide what they want to order and then proceed to ask a million questions and/or take a good chunk of time to make up their minds

people who ask for a million changes on their food order - e.g. could I have that salad, but hold the cheese and the nuts, and put more tomato, and can I exchange lettuce for spinach and change the salmon for a white fish that is less fatty, and while you are at it add cucumber and ... sure, just make your own salad while you are at it.

loud chewers/eaters - although not as annoying to me as the above options

I'm sure I can think of more, but this is plenty.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    diversity
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    diversity
    An old old wooden ship?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    rgambs said:
    diversity
    An old old wooden ship?
    i was trying to be funny (was watching impractical jokers)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPqLFUUnr4

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited February 2018
    Major pet peeve: Guys showing off with their vehicles thinking it makes them look cool or tough.

My wife and I were standing in a dirt and gravel parking lot today getting ready to go for a walk.  All of the sudden, this dude in his majorly oversized beefed up American truck suddenly spun donuts and took off, kicking up a huge cloud of dust and shooting out rocks that hit several parked cars and just missed hitting me and my wife.  What a jerk!  I wish I could have gotten his license number of a photo of his vehicle.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    diversity
    :lol:
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382

that’s some funny shit.

however, when I was a long haired carpenter, a hat would keep my hair out of my eyes but if I wore it “right” I would end up walking into braces, etc. Sometimes, I would go the “doo rag” route.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
    edited February 2018
    Trying to snowblow the driveway after it has been driven on...especially numerous times.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    People with a trolley full of groceries lining up in the 12 items or less checkout
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    there's a woman in my department that does this. every other woman has outed her. we now have a "big spoon only-no hands in the bowl" on treat days because we don't wish to fill our mouths with urine-soaked M&M's. 
    Ron Paul visited my old office back when he was running for president. He didn’t wash his hands after coming out of a stall. :sick:
    @unsung LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

-Buru- said:

people who walk slowly in front of me, especially groups of people that are walking slowly and how the sidewalk, not allowing you to pass

people who drive slowly on the fast lane, and incidentally, people who stand on the left on the escalators

people who do not use their time in line (sometimes several minutes) to decide what they want to order and then proceed to ask a million questions and/or take a good chunk of time to make up their minds

people who ask for a million changes on their food order - e.g. could I have that salad, but hold the cheese and the nuts, and put more tomato, and can I exchange lettuce for spinach and change the salmon for a white fish that is less fatty, and while you are at it add cucumber and ... sure, just make your own salad while you are at it.

there's a woman I work with (yes, another), who is like the food order person you described. She is a NIGHTMARE to go out for lunch with. I hate sitting next to her. She asks for a million subsititutions, and almost always sends it back anyway and treats the wait staff like shit like they cooked it. I will never understand why someone like that even bothers going out to eat. 

don't sit next to my wife when she's eating a banana. sounds like intercourse. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Buru, right on!

I am sick and tired of the weather folks on the news telling me how to dress based on the forecast.  Just give me the goddamn weather; I'm pretty sure I know when a jacket or light clothing or an umbrella may be needed.  They treat us as if we're idiots or children, or both.

And!

These custom closet commercials - "my friends and I can sit in here and drink wine and look at my clothes and shoes".  I don't want to look at your shitty wardrobe.  I don't want to hang out in your closet.  Screw drinking with you too.

-Buru- said:

there's a woman I work with (yes, another), who is like the food order person you described. She is a NIGHTMARE to go out for lunch with. I hate sitting next to her. She asks for a million subsititutions, and almost always sends it back anyway and treats the wait staff like shit like they cooked it. I will never understand why someone like that even bothers going out to eat. 

Okay, I sooo need to sit next to your wife while she eats a banana. Don't blame me.

As far as your coworker, I tend to call those people out with sheer pleasure. I'll follow up their order with apologizing, or I will order my meal just as it is on the menu and ask the server if it's okay that I don't make all the changes, or when ordering, I will clearly say something that is a mockery that the complicated person did, just to make the server know it's okay to laugh. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with 1 or maybe 2 changes, but beyond that on a routine basis just comes across wrong to me I guess.
    -Buru- said:

Okay, I sooo need to sit next to your wife while she eats a banana. Don't blame me.

As far as your coworker, I tend to call those people out with sheer pleasure. I'll follow up their order with apologizing, or I will order my meal just as it is on the menu and ask the server if it's okay that I don't make all the changes, or when ordering, I will clearly say something that is a mockery that the complicated person did, just to make the server know it's okay to laugh. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with 1 or maybe 2 changes, but beyond that on a routine basis just comes across wrong to me I guess.
    dude, if you ain't doin' it, you don't want to hear it. TRUST ME ON THIS. 

I actually do call her out! I jokingly say to the waitress after she orders "be warned: she's a nightmare to serve" or "don't worry about it; she's going to send it back no matter what" or something to the effect. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Yeah, I'd call her out too.  I have only seen fictitious depictions of said behavior, I think I would damage whatever sort of relationship I had with the person pretty severely because I would not be kind lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited February 2018
    HughFreakingDillon said:
    dude, if you ain't doin' it, you don't want to hear it. TRUST ME ON THIS.
    I actually do call her out! I jokingly say to the waitress after she orders "be warned: she's a nightmare to serve" or "don't worry about it; she's going to send it back no matter what" or something to the effect. 
    Fine, I'll take your word. But...I don't even know what to say. 

Nice job on calling her out. I have never figured out why people sometimes act so high and mighty when they are ordering a meal. Maybe they have never worked in the food industry before? We're the fed from a silver spoon and always got what they wanted without regard to how it may affect someone else? Do they think the task of taking a slice of tomato off a burger is far to challenging? Do they simply take pleasure from getting to boss somebody else around? I don't know why people insist on doing it, but it is rude and disrespectful. Or maybe it's because I grew up super poor so I'll friggn eat damn near anything.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    rgambs said:
    Yeah, I'd call her out too.  I have only seen fictitious depictions of said behavior, I think I would damage whatever sort of relationship I had with the person pretty severely because I would not be kind lol
    last time we went out for lunch when the waitress came to ask if she was finished, she said "yeah, I can't eat that (salad)". YOU CAN BE POLITE ABOUT IT. it's not the waitress' fault that it's not up to your expectations. 

she's actually usually a very nice person, fine to work with. but for some reason she just treats wait staff like "the help". she doesn't look them in the eye, barks out her order, and demands that things be put on the side (dressings, etc) and basically berates them about it like it was already fucked up. it's weird. 

But I bug her all the time about how she's a horrible customer and I feel sorry for husband. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

It does kinda look like me next to the guy, doesn't it?

Oh, right, the man next to the hat backwards guy. Right. That's what I meant! He appears to even be wearing a Cubs hat, so there's that.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    People with a trolley full of groceries lining up in the 12 items or less checkout
    Yes! This annoys me as well.

Oh, right, the man next to the hat backwards guy. Right. That's what I meant! He appears to even be wearing a Cubs hat, so there's that.
    Come on now!  I wouldn't be caught dead in an A&M hat, much less backwards. :lol:
    I'm going to start asking people what's in their trolley. should get a jolly good laugh, gov-NAH. 

canadians say CART. how boring. CART. say it out loud. CART. 

I'm going with trolley from here on out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• regina osrregina osr Posts: 64
    edited February 2018
    People spreading negativity on something you are so obviously excited about for no apparent reason
    Post edited by regina osr on
    osr
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I'm going to start asking people what's in their trolley. should get a jolly good laugh, gov-NAH. 

Massholes say carriage.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

Massholes say carriage.
    LOL, what the fudge is a masshole?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Western Marylanders and West Virginians call it a "buggy."
  • dankind said:
    @unsung LOL
    This was my first thought too.

Poopy hands for president.
    "My brain's a good brain!"