Options

Only I am to blame - Just a rant

PO15447PO15447 Colfax, NC Posts: 4
edited February 2018 in Given To Fly (live)
I just need to rant at myself. I never post here but I am a long time Ten Club member and a longer time PJ fan. I've been very excited for the US part of this tour, debating on what shows I can try for and afford and if the timing would work due to my recent situation. My 91 year old dad lives with my wife and I and he just had a stroke so I've been caring for him 24/7 on top of work. Last night I was filling out my ticket selections, trying to figure out my final plans on what would work and what wouldn't. I had to verify that I can schedule in house health care for him while we would be gone, something I have no experience with, and confirm with my wife that the show dates work (she was out of town until late last night and was sleeping when I was able to start looking at the tickets). Sadly, today I had to contact the health care people and discuss it with my wife, unfortunately for me, I missed the Ten Club draw window. I am so pissed at myself but it is solely my fault. I just need to vent, I don't expect replies or pity, in fact until now I have never understood why people post this crap to social media but now I get it. PJ is my release and I really needed a release. Have fun those of you that got tickets! I hope there are some good streams going.

Post edited by PO15447 on

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,810
    PO15447 said:
    I just need to rant at myself. I never post here but I am a long time Ten Club member and a longer time PJ fan. I've been very excited for the US part of this tour, debating on what shows I can try for and afford and if the timing would work due to my recent situation. My 91 year old dad lives with my wife and I and he just had a stroke so I've been caring for him 24/7 on top of work. Last night I was filling out my ticket selections, trying to figure out my final plans on what would work and what wouldn't. I had to verify that I can schedule in house health care for him while we would be gone, something I have no experience with, and confirm with my wife that the show dates work (she was out of town until late last night and was sleeping when I was able to start looking at the tickets). Sadly, today I had to contact the health care people and discuss it with my wife, unfortunately for me, I missed the Ten Club draw window. I am so pissed at myself but it is solely my fault. I just need to vent, I don't expect replies or pity, in fact until now I have never understood why people post this crap to social media but now I get it. PJ is my release and I really needed a release. Oh well, have fun those of you that got tickets. I hope there are at least some good streams going.

Get tix through ticketmaster- dont giveup!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    I didn't sign up for their fan ticket offer because I've always had luck with the ten club. I've been so lost lately with everything going on. I'll look into their normal tickets.
  • Options
    Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    What shows were you planning on seeing? There might be someone here selling tickets for those shows...
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Good luck! I have relocated and transferred with my job to be the caregiver for my 88yo mom and agonized over whether I should enter or not due to the same reasons you mentioned. I finally entered for Seattle late last night..both shows ga only and figured if I'm meant to go I will win one and everything will work out.  If I get shut out completely I may just find a spare ticket for bos2 or Missoula. If you're persistent you can find a ticket, I always have. Best of thoughts to you...it's so hard to navigate all the health care stuff as well as organizing everything else that needs to be done.
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Once everyone hears about their tix, there are always people selling extras, and in some cases, both them and their friend get drawn, so they would have a pair.  Just start cruising the forum.  Just gotta stay on top of it, you'll find someone.
  • Options
    What shows were you planning on seeing? There might be someone here selling tickets for those shows...
    I was definitely going to try for Boston. Chicago was a maybe, depending on if those dates worked for everything else going on. My wife and I were lucky to attend one of the Chicago shows last time and we had a blast and got to tour the city some the day before. I am originally from Illinois so it was nice returning. My wife really wanted Seattle but I don't think I could have pulled that off.
    camsjam said:
    Good luck! I have relocated and transferred with my job to be the caregiver for my 88yo mom and agonized over whether I should enter or not due to the same reasons you mentioned. I finally entered for Seattle late last night..both shows ga only and figured if I'm meant to go I will win one and everything will work out.  If I get shut out completely I may just find a spare ticket for bos2 or Missoula. If you're persistent you can find a ticket, I always have. Best of thoughts to you...it's so hard to navigate all the health care stuff as well as organizing everything else that needs to be done.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll keep looking for tickets and see what if I can get some. I wish you the best with your similar situation!
    In2Deep said:
    Once everyone hears about their tix, there are always people selling extras, and in some cases, both them and their friend get drawn, so they would have a pair.  Just start cruising the forum.  Just gotta stay on top of it, you'll find someone.
    Good advice. I'll read over posts and see what I can find, hopefully something will work out. Thanks!

• Options
    Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    I have one spare for each Boston show. My member number is in the 666xxx though, so it might end up being far far away from the stage. 
    But if you are interested PM me.