Bravo Ten Club

bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
True to their word, more tickets than ever before are ending up in the hands of 10C members.  With the lottery nearing its end, odds are still 99% in many cases. Thank you and well done. 

Comments

• pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    Also a lot of people are choosing not to enter.... Lots of people doing Europe or SA are not coming to NA. Lots of people like myself could go to some of these shows but are choosing not to for various reasons.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    That's also a good thing.   A number of shows to divide the fans a bit :)

I'm happy there's some other shows to pull from Seattle a bit.  2013 was rough.   They did separate lotto's.   People from the East could do their thing, but then use another 1st round pick to target Seattle tickets.  It make Seattle tickets almost impossible to get :(  This time there's a lot more tickets, and a few other shows to detract from Seattle.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    bbiggs said:
    True to their word, more tickets than ever before are ending up in the hands of 10C members.  With the lottery nearing its end, odds are still 99% in many cases. Thank you and well done. 
    nicely said.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Agree wholeheartedly.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Nice job PJ and Ten Club!
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Thanks 10c! Nice thread bbiggs. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Bravo for sure! 

• Agreed, thank you 10 Club! Great job! 
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Very nice - thanks to all at 10c.
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    Yes.  Agreed.   Thanks.
  • phinster1354phinster1354 Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    still no guarantee. I don't like how A) there  are no physical  tickets and B: how we can  only transfer one  of the tickets.  I think it is very dangerous and somewhat misleading   for them to state that they  are confident that they will be able to  fulfill most, if not all  entries when  taking  into consideration the   odds tracker for  boston night 1  is @ 80%. There are  20% of people  who  will not get drawn for that  show that put in for it. As a result the Ten Club run the risk of having  unused tickets for those  folks who have  multiple  memberships in a household that submit multiple entries  so that  they can increase their  odds in landing a set of tickets. only one  of the tickets in the pair is transferable  or  sellable. This new policy will result in unused tickets which  could  have been previously sold in the past.  This  really  puts those who have multiple, legitimate,  memberships in the same  household at a disadvantage. what's the sense  of two people  who happen to be living in the same residence,   both having ten club memberships?? There  has to be a better way because  now this  in penalizing those  who had  individual memberships prior to meeting someone  else that is also a  Ten club member. we should only  use  one of the memberships to  try for  two  shows, or one  put in  for one  night and the other put  in for the other  night,  for the fear that if we  both in put in  for  both  nights and  both  win  both nights that we will only be able  transfer or sell one of the tickets and  therefore  the other tickets  go  unused???  Who wouldn't want to sit w/ their spouse  or significant other for both shows? Some  may say  it creates an uneven playing field  and to  those that are not in the situation of  being in a relationship  w/ another ten clubber I  say  this......you just don't  understand or don't see how  unfair this is to those who are in a relationship w/ another ten clubber.  If we both  pay  for memberships,  we should  both be able to  put in for tickets for shows,  that have low percentage rates in order to give us the best  odds  of securing tickets between the both  of us.  If we wind up w/ an extra set we  should be able to sell them both at face value or they  should  go into a pool  for those  ten clubbers who  were  not drawn to give them another chance at securing tickets. At least there is more of a guarantee that the tickets  will be used, or maybe  Ten Club should have limited the  number of shows one  could be  drawn for to one show per city , for those  that have multiple shows; like they've done in the past. I applaud the ten club for their  efforts, but  those  of us in relationships with other ten clubbers pay our dues too and at the  end of the day.... It's  still a lottery and there is no guarantee that we will get tickets; no matter  how many tickets ten club may be able to secure. They should maybe  have a rule and limit memberships to 2 per household to account for, and  give consideration, to those  who are in a relationship with another ten  clubber, instead of penalizing them.  Let your hatred reign down upon me with your responses to my thoughts! 
    Post edited by phinster1354 on
    "Restless soul, enjoy your youth"

"There's an upside of down"

"I don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved"

Rochester 94', Buffalo 96', Saratoga 00', Albany03', Buffalo 03',Toronto 05', Albany06', Hartford 08', Philly II 09', Buffalo 10', Boston 10', Toronto I 11', Toronto II 11', Buffalo 13', Worcester I 13', Worcester II 13', Philly II 13', Detroit 14', Philly I 16', Philly II 16', MSG I 16', MSG II 16' Ottawa 16', Toronto I 16', Toronto II 16', Fenway I 16', Fenway II 16'
  • I agree wholeheartedly with the original post; great job.  What I want to know is, why are the Ten Club tickets so expensive now?  I can’t say enough about the good things the band and the club do, but aren’t the prices excessive?  I’m new to the forum so maybe someone is already discussing this; IDK?
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    still no guarantee. I don't like how A) there  are no physical  tickets and B: how we can  only transfer one  of the tickets.  I think it is very dangerous and somewhat misleading   for them to state that they  are confident that they will be able to  fulfill most, if not all  entries when  taking  into consideration the   odds tracker for  boston night 1  is @ 80%. There are  20% of people  who  will not get drawn for that  show that put in for it. As a result the Ten Club run the risk of having  unused tickets for those  folks who have  multiple  memberships in a household that submit multiple entries  so that  they can increase their  odds in landing a set of tickets. only one  of the tickets in the pair is transferable  or  sellable. This new policy will result in unused tickets which  could  have been previously sold in the past.  This  really  puts those who have multiple, legitimate,  memberships in the same  household at a disadvantage. what's the sense  of two people  who happen to be living in the same residence,   both having ten club memberships?? There  has to be a better way because  now this  in penalizing those  who had  individual memberships prior to meeting someone  else that is also a  Ten club member. we should only  use  one of the memberships to  try for  two  shows, or one  put in  for one  night and the other put  in for the other  night,  for the fear that if we  both in put in  for  both  nights and  both  win  both nights that we will only be able  transfer or sell one of the tickets and  therefore  the other tickets  go  unused???  Who wouldn't want to sit w/ their spouse  or significant other for both shows? Some  may say  it creates an uneven playing field  and to  those that are not in the situation of  being in a relationship  w/ another ten clubber I  say  this......you just don't  understand or don't see how  unfair this is to those who are in a relationship w/ another ten clubber.  If we both  pay  for memberships,  we should  both be able to  put in for tickets for shows,  that have low percentage rates in order to give us the best  odds  of securing tickets between the both  of us.  If we wind up w/ an extra set we  should be able to sell them both at face value or they  should  go into a pool  for those  ten clubbers who  were  not drawn to give them another chance at securing tickets. At least there is more of a guarantee that the tickets  will be used, or maybe  Ten Club should have limited the  number of shows one  could be  drawn for to one show per city , for those  that have multiple shows; like they've done in the past. I applaud the ten club for their  efforts, but  those  of us in relationships with other ten clubbers pay our dues too and at the  end of the day.... It's  still a lottery and there is no guarantee that we will get tickets; no matter  how many tickets ten club may be able to secure. They should maybe  have a rule and limit memberships to 2 per household to account for, and  give consideration, to those  who are in a relationship with another ten  clubber, instead of penalizing them.  Let your hatred reign down upon me with your responses to my thoughts! 
    I think 10c's goal is to lessen the number of people entering multiple times for the same show. If you can't sell your extras (easily), you're less likely to enter an insane number of times (through spouses,. kids, siblings, friends... etc). Instead, hopefully people are more inclined to enter sensibly, and more members are able to get fanclub tickets. This way is better IMHO. 

I'd rather have individual members getting an equal chance, than members with connections getting multiple pairs of tickets for one show. 

I think it's great that members are in relationships, BUT maybe those couples should just be entering for what they need. If you're trying to gain an odds advantage, maybe select different shows with each of your picks. That way, you both have a 1st priority in for different shows. You may not want to enter multiple times for the same show; it could get awfully pricey. 

People are already dismayed about being unable to sell extra pairs that they haven't even won yet.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    There is nothing unfair about it.  Only enter for the amount of tickets you need. Seems pretty simple. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    edited February 2018
    3days said:
    I think 10c's goal is to lessen the number of people entering multiple times for the same show. If you can't sell your extras (easily), you're less likely to enter an insane number of times (through spouses,. kids, siblings, friends... etc). Instead, hopefully people are more inclined to enter sensibly, and more members are able to get fanclub tickets. This way is better IMHO. 

I'd rather have individual members getting an equal chance, than members with connections getting multiple pairs of tickets for one show. 

I think it's great that members are in relationships, BUT maybe those couples should just be entering for what they need. If you're trying to gain an odds advantage, maybe select different shows with each of your picks. That way, you both have a 1st priority in for different shows. You may not want to enter multiple times for the same show; it could get awfully pricey. 

People are already dismayed about being unable to sell extra pairs that they haven't even won yet.
    Great point. The advantage to having a spouse/ticket buddy as a member is you can each take advantage of a #1 priority. Not an extra hand to get as many as possible, choose what you need, and dole out the rest.
    Post edited by pjl44 on
  • phinster1354phinster1354 Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    I don't call that an advantage  because by  two  people putting  in for multiple shows  it  both  increases an decreases the odds. in creases   for the couple, but decreases for the others in the pool.   The decrease  for the  pool as  whole is far greater than any % advantage a couple may have. for those who  suggested  just putting in what I /We need........think you missed the point . I need 2 sets  of tickets, but there is no  guarantee I will get the 2 sets of tickets I need  between me  and my  partner each putting in for  one show each, even if we list  one  show  each as our 1st choice. Just because you list it 1st doesnt mean that you are going to get drawn. because  there is no guarantee..... it is  best to increase my odds, take my  chances, and just  transfer  one  ticket  and eat the other one.  hence 1 ticket going unused. was trying  to look out for other  members so  tickers  don't go to  waste! Rather  do that  than  be left out in the cold  completely. one question for those  that replied to  my  post....are you currently in a relationship w/ another fellow ten clubber??? If not, you  don't understand!! Sorry  in advance  for the wasted tickets . No  other  band's fan clubs tell their  members what they have to  do  with their tickets or restrict them to  just 1 transfer. if we win  we should be able to  do what ever we want with them especially after paying 247  for a pair!!! that is not any great bargain or discount compared to the going rate of tickets!!  This new ticket policy/ system  allows  for a lot of wasted tickets!! "put in only for what you need"??? please. The problem is not what one  needs, but what one ends up getting. there are going to be split opinions on this depending on which "side of the fence" you happen to be on! And all those  thinking that this  is  increasing their odds.... at the end of the  day you  could still get shut out! so good luck! the fact is  I take no comfort  or solace in 70% odds  for a show, even if ten club has stated that  they have "secured more tickets than ever  before and that  they  are confident that  the should be able to  fulfill most , if not all entries"  How do we know that  they have more tickets  than ever  before? Maybe it's just a way for them to jack the prices up but leave fans w/ the same  odds? They  have caught the Green Disease!! What a  sham, and shame! I suppose they had to sell out sometime. All bands do!!! Vios con Dios!!
    Post edited by phinster1354 on
    "Restless soul, enjoy your youth"

"There's an upside of down"

"I don't mean to push, but I'm being shoved"

Rochester 94', Buffalo 96', Saratoga 00', Albany03', Buffalo 03',Toronto 05', Albany06', Hartford 08', Philly II 09', Buffalo 10', Boston 10', Toronto I 11', Toronto II 11', Buffalo 13', Worcester I 13', Worcester II 13', Philly II 13', Detroit 14', Philly I 16', Philly II 16', MSG I 16', MSG II 16' Ottawa 16', Toronto I 16', Toronto II 16', Fenway I 16', Fenway II 16'
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    yes,,exactly as europe,..alot of tix and went to members,and all almost scorekudos to the band and 10c managment
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • acpaxton01acpaxton01 Oklahoma Posts: 172
    My wife and I are both members. We're only going to Missoula and I have a lower number so I entered for Missoula reserved 1st choice and she didn't enter since we only need two tickets. Pretty simple. Thanks Pearl Jam and Ten Club!
    October 17, 2000 Dallas, TX
    April 3, 2003 Oklahoma City, OK
    September 22, 2012 Atlanta, GA
    November 15, 2013 Dallas, TX
    November 16, 2013 Oklahoma City, OK
    October 8, 2014 Tulsa, OK
    May 1, 2016 New York, NY
    May 2, 2016 New York, NY
    August 13, 2018 Missoula, MT
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited February 2018
    I don't call that an advantage  because by  two  people putting  in for multiple shows  it  both  increases an decreases the odds. in creases   for the couple, but decreases for the others in the pool.   The decrease  for the  pool as  whole is far greater than any % advantage a couple may have. for those who  suggested  just putting in what I /We need........think you missed the point . I need 2 sets  of tickets, but there is no  guarantee I will get the 2 sets of tickets I need  between me  and my  partner each putting in for  one show each, even if we list  one  show  each as our 1st choice. Just because you list it 1st doesnt mean that you are going to get drawn. because  there is no guarantee..... it is  best to increase my odds, take my  chances, and just  transfer  one  ticket  and eat the other one.  hence 1 ticket going unused. was trying  to look out for other  members so  tickers  don't go to  waste! Rather  do that  than  be left out in the cold  completely. one question for those  that replied to  my  post....are you currently in a relationship w/ another fellow ten clubber??? If not, you  don't understand!! Sorry  in advance  for the wasted tickets . No  other  band's fan clubs tell their  members what they have to  do  with their tickets or restrict them to  just 1 transfer. if we win  we should be able to  do what ever we want with them especially after paying 247  for a pair!!! that is not any great bargain or discount compared to the going rate of tickets!!  This new ticket policy/ system  allows  for a lot of wasted tickets!! "put in only for what you need"??? please. The problem is not what one  needs, but what one ends up getting. there are going to be split opinions on this depending on which "side of the fence" you happen to be on! And all those  thinking that this  is  increasing their odds.... at the end of the  day you  could still get shut out! so good luck! the fact is  I take no comfort  or solace in 70% odds  for a show, even if ten club has stated that  they have "secured more tickets than ever  before and that  they  are confident that  the should be able to  fulfill most , if not all entries"  How do we know that  they have more tickets  than ever  before? Maybe it's just a way for them to jack the prices up but leave fans w/ the same  odds? They  have caught the Green Disease!! What a  sham, and shame! I suppose they had to sell out sometime. All bands do!!! Vios con Dios!!
    My wife has a Tenclub membership too.  She is not wanting to go to the Wrigley shows with me, since we went in 2016. She scored GA one of the nights and i scored GA the other night.  We didn’t get any extra tickets thru the lottery, but it worked out perfectly for us then.  But she did not enter the lottery this time because she is not going.  Even though she could have transferred the extra ticket to me and eat the other ticket just in case I didn’t win anything in the lottery, we didn’t do that.  And we could have easily afforded to “waste” the extra ticket.  That’s gaming the system for my advantage at the disadvantage of other tenclub members.  Therefore, only I entered the lottery for Wrigley.  If i score tickets then awesome and I will have an extra to help out another tenclub memeber, if not then I either won’t go or try to get someone sell me as his/her ticket buddy.  
    But what happened more than not last lottery I entered, was that many tenclub members who scored extra tickets just swapped with other members for other shows that they wanted to attend.  So basically it only advantaged people who scored tickets for any shows, not people who scored none for the few shows or only shows that they wanted to attend.  There were so many people who wanted to only swap tickets for other shows and not sell to others who missed out.  This new process discourages that.
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Yeah...thank you Ten Club. You can tell by the odds that they are really taking care of us. The vast majority of fans will have the tickets to the shows they want if they were smart about their lottery choices.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    3days said:
    Thanks 10c! Nice thread bbiggs. 
    +1 Come winners or losers, much appreciated moves by 10C to get the seats to their fans :clap:
    Best of luck to everyone today :lucky:
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    My wife and I are both members. We're only going to Missoula and I have a lower number so I entered for Missoula reserved 1st choice and she didn't enter since we only need two tickets. Pretty simple. Thanks Pearl Jam and Ten Club!
    This is exactly what my wife and I did. Only I went for tickets because of my lower number. We going for Boston though
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    I'm also in the spouse has a membership issue, however I understand why they did it.   Selling spare tickets to other 10c'ers, it circumvents the lotto process.   If you got an extra pair, some poor 10c'er somewhere else didn't get the pair.    You could end up selling them to someone who already used their lotto pref's on another show and lost that show for a reason.

Still it was nice having a little flexibility, and I'll miss hard copy tickets.    I hope people realize you can't really enter and deal with GA and Reserved tickets for the same show.  Assuming you use two memberships to win both.  GA has a separate entrance, so you can't walk in with other person to get them to reserved.  You'd only be able to transfer 1 reserved ticket :(
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    high % of members win tix and almost all got all they want...epic job 10c epic!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Anyone have a screenshot of what the final odds looked like?
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

I'd love to know how many tix they secured for each show.

Looks like lots and lots, good work 10 club. Many thanks.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,158
    The emails all went out pretty quickly this time too, very well done.
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    mattcoz said:
    The emails all went out pretty quickly this time too, very well done.
    Speak for yourself, I'm still waiting  :lol:
    Joking aside, it seems to be going smoothly.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    3days said:

I couldn't have said it better myself. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    pjl44 said:
    3days said:

Great point. The advantage to having a spouse/ticket buddy as a member is you can each take advantage of a #1 priority. Not an extra hand to get as many as possible, choose what you need, and dole out the rest.
    My sentiments exactly. People really take advantage in that type of situation, so I think it's great that Ten Club made some changes to the ticketing for these shows. 
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016