Shoulder to cry on

I got busy this weekend and thought I had plenty of time.  Logged in to make my selections for pre-sale and missed it by 8 minutes :(  Already have hotels and flights booked to Seattle and Montana.  Could not be more bummed.

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    chris2391 said:
    I got busy this weekend and thought I had plenty of time.  Logged in to make my selections for pre-sale and missed it by 8 minutes :(  Already have hotels and flights booked to Seattle and Montana.  Could not be more bummed.
    That sucks. Try when the Verified Fan pre-sale starts. Unless, you didn't register for that too?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    there's always stub hub
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • QuadrupleDekeQuadrupleDeke Boston Posts: 168
    To be fair, the original email announcing the shows said it closed on Tuesday, February 13. Every subsequent email said today with no explanation for why it changed.
    7/1/03 ... 9/28/04 ... 5/30/06 ... 6/3/06 ... 6/30/08 ... 8/2/08 (ev solo) ... 10/30/09 ... 10/31/09 ... 5/17/10 ... 5/21/10 ... 3/27/11 (tres mts) ... 6/16/11 (ev solo) ... 10/19/13 ... 8/5/16 ... 8/7/16 ... 9/2/18 ... 9/4/18
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    There's always one
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    You should be able to find a spare ticket for sale here. I only entered for Seattle and may be trying to find Missoula too.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    To be fair, the original email announcing the shows said it closed on Tuesday, February 13. Every subsequent email said today with no explanation for why it changed.
    Interesting. You are right.

"

For your travel planning convenience, you have 2 weeks before the drawing begins. The drawing entry period opens Wednesday, February 7th at 10am PT, and closes on Tuesday, February 13th at 10am PT.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    camsjam said:
    You should be able to find a spare ticket for sale here. I only entered for Seattle and may be trying to find Missoula too.
    agreed, there will be plenty of people trying to off load their plus ones on here.  Just have to keep checking in.  Good news is they can transfer it to you before the day of show so it will give you some peace of mind.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    That is good news. 
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • PJ20PJ20 Miami, FL Posts: 94
    JimmyV said:

"

For your travel planning convenience, you have 2 weeks before the drawing begins. The drawing entry period opens Wednesday, February 7th at 10am PT, and closes on Tuesday, February 13th at 10am PT.

I noticed this too, and almost missed entering for tickets because of this. However, below that, in the same email, it states that you have to enter by the 12th at 10am PT.

"

Since you have 6 full days to enter, you do not have to be online right at 10am PT on the 7th. The time you enter the drawing has no effect on whether or not you get tickets, as long as you enter before the drawing period ends on February 12th at 10am PT."

Very weird.
  • I did register for the verified pre-sale.  For some reason I had the 14th stuck in my head for end of fan club registration and just kept procrastinating.  My fault 100% but knew you all would feel my pain.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    FWIW, I hope your 10C # is lowed than mine. Since letting mine lapse, I need all the help I can get just to get within non-big screen view. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    And this is why I always enter day 1, and then consider any changes
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I was originally thinking Wed as well.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    That sucks. That why with these I always put something in at first and change if I feel it needs changed. I’m worried I’ll forget and get shutout!

nightmare scenario. I hope you get into the shows you want 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229 said:
    Yep, agreed. I 'm normally the same.  Just royally screwed this one up.
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    mace1229 said:
    Im the same.  Im so neurotic, that I had to put in right when it opened in case I got in a car accident or something and couldn't access internet.  Man, I think I have issues...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ20 said:
    JimmyV said:

"

I noticed this too, and almost missed entering for tickets because of this. However, below that, in the same email, it states that you have to enter by the 12th at 10am PT.

"

Since you have 6 full days to enter, you do not have to be online right at 10am PT on the 7th. The time you enter the drawing has no effect on whether or not you get tickets, as long as you enter before the drawing period ends on February 12th at 10am PT."

Very weird.
    Oh man. That deserves a facepalm. Someone suggested things like this started happening after recreational marijuana was legalized in Washington, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Tgately79@gmail.comTgately79@gmail.com Oakham, Ma Posts: 1
    When I received the email on 1/24 stating the drawing closes on 2/13 I wrote that date down, along with the Ticketmaster pre-sale & general public sale dates so I could keep everything organized.  When I went to check the odds & enter the drawing just now I thought I totally screwed up the date but now I realize it's because of the typo in the original announcement.  Do you think they'll re-open the drawing if there are remaining ten club tickets before the Ticketmaster pre-sale on Friday?
  • markhammmarkhamm i come from the mountain Posts: 79
    there's always stub hub
    I got what I needed in the lotto, but I checked out of curiosity- how are there already tickets on Stubhub?
    Never has gravity been so uplifting.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    When I received the email on 1/24 stating the drawing closes on 2/13 I wrote that date down, along with the Ticketmaster pre-sale & general public sale dates so I could keep everything organized.  When I went to check the odds & enter the drawing just now I thought I totally screwed up the date but now I realize it's because of the typo in the original announcement.  Do you think they'll re-open the drawing if there are remaining ten club tickets before the Ticketmaster pre-sale on Friday?
    I would email 10C and explain the situation - they may be willing to help, especially if their first notice had a later closing date listed.
  • When I received the email on 1/24 stating the drawing closes on 2/13 I wrote that date down, along with the Ticketmaster pre-sale & general public sale dates so I could keep everything organized.  When I went to check the odds & enter the drawing just now I thought I totally screwed up the date but now I realize it's because of the typo in the original announcement.  Do you think they'll re-open the drawing if there are remaining ten club tickets before the Ticketmaster pre-sale on Friday?
    I would email 10C and explain the situation - they may be willing to help, especially if their first notice had a later closing date listed.
    I did...no help.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    markhamm said:
    there's always stub hub
    I got what I needed in the lotto, but I checked out of curiosity- how are there already tickets on Stubhub?
    Speculative listing
    No actual tickets available  yet
    No physical tickets in hand
    This how it's been done for years
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    I think you'll be able to do OK in Missoula just by going to the public date.  (or, of course, better with the TM Verified).  

Not sure whether you are bringing a spouse/friend, but if you are able/willing to go alone, you should be able to score plus-1 to each show.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Got 4 GA for Missoula in the Ticketmaster verified sale :)  Hopefully I can trade the spare pair for a different show.  But yeah, that will be the hard part - getting one for my wife.