Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    I want to go to both shows in SEA and CHI and would prefer GA (like most judging by the current odds).  It looks like the Chicago shows are in higher demand as the odds are lower, whereas the SEA Reserved seating is 99% and 93%.  I'm a bit confused since after reading this thread it seems that the odds don't take the priorities into account and there seem to be a ton of reserved seats for 10C for these shows.  So, my question is whether it would be a bad idea to make my first four choices the GA for each show and then choices 5-8 as the reserved seating, rather than alternating between GA/reserved for each show with the lowest odds...  Thoughts/suggestions?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    uberlance said:
    I want to go to both shows in SEA and CHI and would prefer GA (like most judging by the current odds).  It looks like the Chicago shows are in higher demand as the odds are lower, whereas the SEA Reserved seating is 99% and 93%.  I'm a bit confused since after reading this thread it seems that the odds don't take the priorities into account and there seem to be a ton of reserved seats for 10C for these shows.  So, my question is whether it would be a bad idea to make my first four choices the GA for each show and then choices 5-8 as the reserved seating, rather than alternating between GA/reserved for each show with the lowest odds...  Thoughts/suggestions?
    With the odds the way they are now...
    it's highly unlikely you will score GA tickets for the shows you've mentioned with anything other than a #1 choice.
    You MAY get lucky and get them with a #2...
    but I wouldn't count on it!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave said:
    it's highly unlikely you will score GA tickets for the shows you've mentioned with anything other than a #1 choice.
    So I'm thinking it would make the most sense to pick 2 shows and use picks 1 and 2 for those GA, then picks 3-4 for the reserved shows w/o 99% odds...
  • Options
    So trying to add shows to enter, but I cant edit. Has the drawing window been closed?
  • Options
    So trying to add shows to enter, but I cant edit. Has the drawing window been closed?

You have to cancel your current entry & reenter a new one.
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    edited February 2018
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:
    So I'm thinking it would make the most sense to pick 2 shows and use picks 1 and 2 for those GA, then picks 3-4 for the reserved shows w/o 99% odds...

Of the shows you've mentioned...
    Seattle 1 has the best odds for scoring GA tickets.
    At 49%...half of the people who have requested these tickets won't get them.
    The odds for the rest of the shows you want are less than that.
    While in theory you could get your 2nd choice,
    you have to decide if going for GA is worth the risk to miss out on your other shows!!
    Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    derbydave said:
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:

you have to decide if going for GA is worth the risk to miss out on your other shows!!
     I'm sure I'm overthinking it but I'm trying to wrap my head around the odds not taking priorities into account... If the odds are 99%  for reserved (as they are currently for SEA 1, for example) that means that I shouldn't be concerned having that as an 8th priority pick because there is a 99% chance that all of the people that put in for that choice will get selected (regardless of their priority), right?
  • Options
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:

I'm sure I'm overthinking it but I'm trying to wrap my head around the odds not taking priorities into account... If the odds are 99%  for reserved (as they are currently for SEA 1, for example) that means that I shouldn't be concerned having that as an 8th priority pick because there is a 99% chance that all of the people that put in for that choice will get selected (regardless of their priority), right?
     CorrCorr
  • Options
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:

CorrCorr
     Sorry  meant correct 
  • Options
    OK, so I've been a fan since '93, but have never been to a live show...CRAZY, I know!  I'm in for the second Fenway show as my 1st choice, but want to ask the experienced bunch, what is the major plus of going to two shows in the same stadium?  Just trying to gauge if I should consider trying to go to the first show, since it would be tough to be away from my family for 5 days vs 3.  
  • Options
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:
    uberlance said:
    derbydave said:

CorrCorr
     Sorry  meant correct 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I say if I'm making the trip, I will go to two shows vs. one.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    All my eggs are in the Fenway 1 basket. Should I be feeling confident at 84% odds roughly 17 hours out? 
  • Options
    All my eggs are in the Fenway 1 basket. Should I be feeling confident at 84% odds roughly 17 hours out? 
     Yes you sshoul 
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    MISSOULA here i come!!!

91% chance at GA as of  5 minutes ago!

woohoo

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    Sea
    let the guys know that they need a make-up date and book the Gorge this year!!!

would pretty please help with that request?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    I say if I'm making the trip, I will go to two shows vs. one.
    Amy The Great #74594

Thanks.  Just feeling guilty for leaving the fam.  Was watching the 2016 Fenway 2 concert on youTube today and it was awesome
  • Options
    It’s an unusual run and odds, making for a curious lottery.
    Amy The Great #74594
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    PJ 20 2011
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    amethgr8 said:
    It’s an unusual run and odds, making for a curious lottery.
    Since the odds tool came out would you say that this is one of the best percentages for shows we've seen? This is my first lotto and am just really surprised that Missoula GA is still as high as it is.
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Definitely one of the higher percentages running. They make me get my hopes up but then I remember being shut out. Remeber it's a lottery. Plenty of positives, we'll see how it shakes out, roll the dice
    Amy The Great #74594
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    PJ 20 2011
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    roostjaroostja Posts: 4
    edited February 2018
    Any one know how the next sale Verified Fan by Ticketmaster works? I registered and got the email. But, what are the qualifications, I don't get it.
    Nevermind. Seems like it is just another lottery type thing.
    Post edited by roostja on
  • Options
    MepameladMepamelad Portland, OR Posts: 11
    Tadams163 said:
    This sums it up for me too! Won't be getting much sleep tonight! This is my first lottery and my membership is new as it lapsed so I'll be one of the last picked. Wondering if I'll get tickets for my #1 choice even if it is currently at 99%.
  • Options
    dingers said:
    Decided to be 'brave' and go for the two Boston shows and fly over from England solo! so hopefully I get both to make it a worthwhile trip. Hotel is provisionally booked, and will look at doing something in New York before or after... Here's hoping! *also if I get them I'll then have spares as if i cant convince friends to do London (UK) then no hope of getting someone to Boston lol

Congrats. Good for you! Surprising since many Europe shows this year - are tickets over there as difficult to buy as in the states? NYC is spectacular in mid September.
    I'm doing the two London shows, but as I approach 30 and realise I haven't had a real holiday in years I felt I needed something. So as I've always wanted to see America adding in a Pearl Jam show or two just made sense, if I don't get tickets then It means I have more flexibility on the dates but yea, thougtht why not have some fun with some awesome people! Although a Brit in Boston has some interesting history lol
    Reading Festival 2006, London O2 2009, Leeds 2014, MK 2014, EV Solo London 1 2017, London 02 1 & 2 2018, Boston 1 & 2 2018.
  • Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    Mepamelad said:
    Tadams163 said:
    This sums it up for me too! Won't be getting much sleep tonight! This is my first lottery and my membership is new as it lapsed so I'll be one of the last picked. Wondering if I'll get tickets for my #1 choice even if it is currently at 99%.
    Your number doesn't affect if you get picked--that's random lottery. If you get picked for a show with reserved seats your number determines where your seat will be. At 99% you should be in great shape to win. Good luck!
  • Options
    As a person only going to Fenway 2 this is so much less stressful than past lotteries. Wish I could afford more but oh well. I just want to know where my seats will be, waiting 5 months for that is killer. I'd freak if I somehow win the 1/2/9/10 lottery
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    I'll be honest the weirdest part for me if I get lucky and get tickets will be the all seated element! I've only ever done an all seated gig once (Meat Loaf). Not the most common thing over here in the UK
    Reading Festival 2006, London O2 2009, Leeds 2014, MK 2014, EV Solo London 1 2017, London 02 1 & 2 2018, Boston 1 & 2 2018.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    dingers said:
    I'll be honest the weirdest part for me if I get lucky and get tickets will be the all seated element! I've only ever done an all seated gig once (Meat Loaf). Not the most common thing over here in the UK
    There maybe a seat behind you but you will not be needing it!
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    I'm excited that the shows/seats I am going for are 99% on lottery morning. Hoping for a great 2018 concert year!
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    My 1st and 2nd choices are Chicago GA 18th and 20th. 3rd and 4th are Chicago reserved for 18th and 20th. If I get all of them, I'll have a set of tickets for each show that I can't use or transfer. I'm kinda nervous about this as the drawing nears. Is there really no way to transfer extra 10C tickets now?
    8/17/98 Noblesville, IN; 9/6/98 Knoxville, TN; 4/21/03 Lexington, KY; 6/24/03 Columbus, OH; 10/2/04 Toledo, OH; 6/14/08 Bonnaroo; 5/7/10 Noblesville, IN; 9/22/12 Atlanta, GA; 10/1/14 Cincinnati, OH; 10/3/14 St. Louis, MO; 6/11/16 Bonnaroo; 4/26/16 Lexington, KY; Chicago 8/18/18: Chicago 8/20/18; St. Louis 9/18/22