deadendp said:

They're here! (Or, well, in Columbus which is close enough!)  :rock_on:

I'll take good care of them for you... I promise!! :wink:
    Always!  :smile: 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • lippy002lippy002 Posts: 120
    If anybody has an extra pair for Homecoming at the 1st or 2nd price levels I'd certainly be interested. 
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Not that it "means anything"
    but...

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    derbydave said:
    but...

:clap:  well deserving
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    derbydave said:
    but...

:clap:  well deserving
    Agreed! 
  • TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    edited January 2018
    I'm gonna try to hit that Vans show. I got a "ticket" as well. 

Seeing as they are pulling out rarities, I may have to hit both Dec shows. I want a Karen. Haven't seen that song in 11 years. 
    Forgot to circle back on this...

Ended up finding seats for face on CL for the second show at Civic Opera House. They were upper balcony but definitely worth it... had to basically book it from O'hare into the city since I was returning from another business trip that night.

Looking forward to maybe seeing them again on '18. Would love to do Homecoming but April is already looking packed.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    yeah, that show was great despite Matt's voice being rough.
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Got tix for Brisbane gig in 2 weeks
    My first time seeing them - can't wait!!!
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    redraw said:
    Got tix for Brisbane gig in 2 weeks
    My first time seeing them - can't wait!!!
    It's magical. 
    The Boxer! In full!!! 
    deadendp said:
    The Boxer! In full!!! 

The Breeders on Saturday & Boxer on Sunday...
    It's gonna be a GREAT weekend!! :plus_one:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

derbydave said:
    deadendp said:
    The Boxer! In full!!! 

The Breeders on Saturday & Boxer on Sunday...
    It's gonna be a GREAT weekend!! :plus_one:
    Yes it is. :smile:
    What an amazing show I got to witness this week!!!
    I've been a big fan for a long time but this was my 1st time seeing them - totally blown away.....

'95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    redraw said:
    What an amazing show I got to witness this week!!!
    I've been a big fan for a long time but this was my 1st time seeing them - totally blown away.....

Great photos  Did they play many new songs? I'm disappointed I missed them at the Opera House last week. 
    Yeah Tash - they played almost the full Sleep Well Beast album
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I haven't heard that record yet so must finally get it and rectify that situation. Is anyone going to see them in Dublin this year? Lineup looks good.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    edited March 2018
    I haven't heard that record yet so must finally get it and rectify that situation. Is anyone going to see them in Dublin this year? Lineup looks good.
    Many months into listening to Sleep Well Beast, it is great. The National I have always found takes a long time for most their songs to "hit" or "get," but when they do, it is amazing. This album I found took even longer, but it stacks up with the last four. Enjoy discovering it and definitely do listen alot before you see them on this tour.

On another note, I really want to go to homecoming, but it is a long way for me and I'd probably have to go by myself. To hear Boxer in full it is super tempting..........
    Post edited by chitty on
    chitty said:
    Many months into listening to Sleep Well Beast, it is great. The National I have always found takes a long time for most their songs to "hit" or "get," but when they do, it is amazing. This album I found took even longer, but it stacks up with the last four. Enjoy discovering it and definitely do listen alot before you see them on this tour.

On another note, I really want to go to homecoming, but it is a long way for me and I'd probably have to go by myself. To hear Boxer in full it is super tempting..........
    Come on over and hang out with me, deadendp & Heisenberg...
    We'll be there for both shows & you know it's gonna be a GREAT time!! :rock_on:

derbydave said:
    chitty said:

Come on over and hang out with me, deadendp & Heisenberg...
    We'll be there for both shows & you know it's gonna be a GREAT time!! :rock_on:
    Sure is!  :rock_on:
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    If I do come I will definitely reach out and meet up with you three!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    My brother and I trade hard drives every now and then to catch up with whatever music the other has got into recently. This one has all of The National's albums and EPs on it - so the question is... where to start?

I haven't heard anything yet and hoped you guys could help. Are they a start-at-the-start-and-work-your-way-through kind of band, or is there a particular album that is sure to grab you first time, and then you explore from there?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    My brother and I trade hard drives every now and then to catch up with whatever music the other has got into recently. This one has all of The National's albums and EPs on it - so the question is... where to start?

I haven't heard anything yet and hoped you guys could help. Are they a start-at-the-start-and-work-your-way-through kind of band, or is there a particular album that is sure to grab you first time, and then you explore from there?

You could DEFINITELY start at the beginning and work your way thru their catalog,
    just don't give up if you don't like the first couple of records!!
    The National & Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers are kind of uneven, but there are some GREAT songs on these 2 records!!
    I listen to the Cherry Tree EP all the time,
    but Alligator is kind of hit or miss to me, just depends on the mood I'm in.
    The rest of their catalog is STELLAR in my opinion.
    Boxer, High Violet, Trouble Will Find Me & Sleep Well Beast are all INCREDIBLE albums!!

I agree.  I would definitely start at the beginning.  I wouldn't skip the earlier albums.  Give self-titled a listen.  SSFDLovers has 90-Mile Water Wall,  Murder Me Rachael and Lucky You.  Definitely work from earlier works to later.  There is a progression and SWBeast is definitely a lil different than the rest, but a great different. 
    edited March 2018
    I say start at Cherry Tree and go from there. That’s basically where their sound (and their consistency) starts. You can always circle back to the uneven first 2 records later. I wouldn’t start there because it’s not indicative of their sound. On top of that, how can starting with crap really get you excited for the better stuff to come? 

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I say start at Cherry Tree and go from there. That’s basically where their sound (and their consistency)starts. You can always circle back to the uneven first 2 records later. i wouldn’t start there because it’s not indicative of their sound. On top of that, how can start8ng with crapreally get you excited for the better stuff to come. 

Agree.  First two records aren't worth the bad first impression.
  • CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 418
    edited March 2018
    I say start at Cherry Tree and go from there. That’s basically where their sound (and their consistency)starts. You can always circle back to the uneven first 2 records later. i wouldn’t start there because it’s not indicative of their sound. On top of that, how can start8ng with crapreally get you excited for the better stuff to come. 

Agree.  First two records aren't worth the bad first impression.
    I agree with the last two comments.  Start at Cherry Tree, and then work through the five following AMAZING albums in order.  Those five albums are so consistently great.  You can always return to the first two albums later on, as there are still some gems on those.

What I would say though, is that none of the albums will probably grab you straight away.  But trust me... persevere with them, and it grows on you like crazy, and is so rewarding when they finally grab you.  

I didn't get them for several listens, and then all of a sudden something clicked, and they have become pretty much my fave band outside of PJ now.
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
  • CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 361
    Thanks to this thread I have been on a 2 week binge on The National and I have not regretted one bit. I was looking for something new to listen to so I checked this sub-forum. Honestly for me personally I check YouTube for pro-shot concert footage. If a band sucks live than I no time for you. My first taste was live at the Sydney opera house and fuck me that is a stellar show. Going thru their discography a few times the album that grabbed me the most was Trouble will Find Me followed by high violet. Their earlier stuff is definitely an acquired taste but from Alligator onwards has not disappointed one bit. Can't get enough of songs like Mr. November, Vanderlyle Crybaby, Bloodbuzz Ohio, I should live in salt and don't swallow the cap among many others. Thanks to all in this thread for the advice and suggestions. 
  • CornishManCornishMan Cornwall, UK Posts: 418
    CPR7 said:
    Thanks to this thread I have been on a 2 week binge on The National and I have not regretted one bit. I was looking for something new to listen to so I checked this sub-forum. Honestly for me personally I check YouTube for pro-shot concert footage. If a band sucks live than I no time for you. My first taste was live at the Sydney opera house and fuck me that is a stellar show. Going thru their discography a few times the album that grabbed me the most was Trouble will Find Me followed by high violet. Their earlier stuff is definitely an acquired taste but from Alligator onwards has not disappointed one bit. Can't get enough of songs like Mr. November, Vanderlyle Crybaby, Bloodbuzz Ohio, I should live in salt and don't swallow the cap among many others. Thanks to all in this thread for the advice and suggestions. 
    I watched that Sydney Opera House show over and over and over when I was getting into them.  It's soooo damn good!! 
    London #1 2000, Reading 2006, London 2007, London 2009, London 2010, Manchester #1 2012, Manchester #2 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Milton Keynes 2014, London #2 2017 (EV), London #1 2018, London #2 2018, London #1 2022, London #2 2022.
    That Opera House show is my go to show to listen to/watch. Its fantastic. 

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    That Opera House show is my go to show to listen to/watch. Its fantastic. 

Absolutely. Hoping they add a KC date soon.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com