Black Rebel Motorcycle Club

13»

Comments

  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 8,908
    A fan of the new song, will be buying 930 tickets. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    A fan of the new song, will be buying 930 tickets. 
    wow that's a lot of tickets!

    another new song, Haunt (they played this one live a few times last year)


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    awesome another new song "Question of Faith"


    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowherePosts: 3,770
    There's a pretty cool limited box set of the new record available for pre-order now:

    http://www.brmcstore.com/show-all/blr-wrong-creatures-box-set.html



    "We’re happy to announce that after nearly half a year of work/designing the special edition vinyl, pre-orders are finally ready for the BRMC ‘Wrong Creatures’ Vinyl Boxset. The box comes with a 52 page lyric/photo book, alternative front cover, custom harmonica, 2 clear vinyl LP’s, exclusive art prints, and the Black Tape EP (featuring 3 unreleased new songs).

    Pre-order the vinyl here!

    A lot of love and a little madness went into this, and admittedly the materials do take time to put together so we hope the extra wait is worth it.

    Robert Levon Been / BRMC

    -Also very big thanks to Brian Lauzon and everyone down at Cobraside Vinyl"

    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

    “Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    goldrush said:
    There's a pretty cool limited box set of the new record available for pre-order now:

    http://www.brmcstore.com/show-all/blr-wrong-creatures-box-set.html



    "We’re happy to announce that after nearly half a year of work/designing the special edition vinyl, pre-orders are finally ready for the BRMC ‘Wrong Creatures’ Vinyl Boxset. The box comes with a 52 page lyric/photo book, alternative front cover, custom harmonica, 2 clear vinyl LP’s, exclusive art prints, and the Black Tape EP (featuring 3 unreleased new songs).

    Pre-order the vinyl here!

    A lot of love and a little madness went into this, and admittedly the materials do take time to put together so we hope the extra wait is worth it.

    Robert Levon Been / BRMC

    -Also very big thanks to Brian Lauzon and everyone down at Cobraside Vinyl"

    yeah saw that. little too much for me.

    Looking forward to hearing it though (gonna pick up a copy tomorrow) :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • goldrush said:
    There's a pretty cool limited box set of the new record available for pre-order now:

    http://www.brmcstore.com/show-all/blr-wrong-creatures-box-set.html



    "We’re happy to announce that after nearly half a year of work/designing the special edition vinyl, pre-orders are finally ready for the BRMC ‘Wrong Creatures’ Vinyl Boxset. The box comes with a 52 page lyric/photo book, alternative front cover, custom harmonica, 2 clear vinyl LP’s, exclusive art prints, and the Black Tape EP (featuring 3 unreleased new songs).

    Pre-order the vinyl here!

    A lot of love and a little madness went into this, and admittedly the materials do take time to put together so we hope the extra wait is worth it.

    Robert Levon Been / BRMC

    -Also very big thanks to Brian Lauzon and everyone down at Cobraside Vinyl"

    yeah saw that. little too much for me.

    Looking forward to hearing it though (gonna pick up a copy tomorrow) :smiley:
    I agree, a little too pricey for me but looking forward to listening to it 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    solid album.  i liked specter at the feast more but this one is good.  Love the song Spook.  King of Bones and little creatures are really good also. Circus Bazooko was kinda weird/different in a good way. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
    really?  to each their own i suppose :tongue:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
    really?  to each their own i suppose :tongue:
    To me, Specter At The Feast is fabulous. That is where I started with BRMC. Just listening to Wrong Creatures now. So good! Next month! :rock_on:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 8,908
    I enjoyed on my first two listens. Seeing them in two weeks, hope the songs translate well live 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • marjenmarjen CTPosts: 629
    Liking the new album quite a bit. Going to see them in Boston in 2 weeks for the first time, can't wait!
  • deadendp said:
    Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
    really?  to each their own i suppose :tongue:
    To me, Specter At The Feast is fabulous. That is where I started with BRMC. Just listening to Wrong Creatures now. So good! Next month! :rock_on:
    My fav is Howl. Where do you guys stand on that album?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    deadendp said:
    Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
    really?  to each their own i suppose :tongue:
    To me, Specter At The Feast is fabulous. That is where I started with BRMC. Just listening to Wrong Creatures now. So good! Next month! :rock_on:
    My fav is Howl. Where do you guys stand on that album?
    well if we're doing album rankings, probably 3rd or 4th.

    1. BRMC
    2. Take Them On, On Your Own
    3. Specter at the Feast
    4. Howl
    5. Beat the Devil's Tattoo
    6. Wrong Creatures
    7. Baby 81

    not really a bad album out there.  I'm not counting "The Effects of 333" though.  1 and 2 are switchable as are 3 and 4. 

    Wrong Creatures like i said solid album, I still have to give it a few more listens to get a better opinion of it.  Was hoping they were gonna add Bandung Hum to the album,  that was a good song live.  So i was kinda disappointed about that. 





    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    deadendp said:
    Good to hear it’s solid. I wasn’t a fan of Spectre. My least fav. 
    really?  to each their own i suppose :tongue:
    To me, Specter At The Feast is fabulous. That is where I started with BRMC. Just listening to Wrong Creatures now. So good! Next month! :rock_on:
    My fav is Howl. Where do you guys stand on that album?
     I do like Howl, but I believe that out of the string of older albums, I like Beat The Devil's Tattoo better.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • patrickwieczorepatrickwieczore West SeattlePosts: 523
    The song Echo has a U2 vibe in my opinion.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    looking forward to seeing them tomorrow in philly :smile:

    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • looking forward to seeing them tomorrow in philly :smile:

    Awesome. Wish I could go. I still remember them playing the Saint in Asbury Park for like 75 people for their first album. Faces were melted
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan MarylandPosts: 8,908
    Great show last night in DC
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    Great show last night in DC
    great show in philly as well.  played for 2 hours (probably the same list as previous night, with a few changes) but awesome nonetheless.  I liked the new album, but was probably towards the bottom of BRMC albums.  However the new songs sounded great live!  Also the opening band, Night Beats were real good too :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    Great show last night in DC
    great show in philly as well.  played for 2 hours (probably the same list as previous night, with a few changes) but awesome nonetheless.  I liked the new album, but was probably towards the bottom of BRMC albums.  However the new songs sounded great live!  Also the opening band, Night Beats were real good too :smiley:
    I just looked at the setlist and they are playing Circus Bazooko! I really want to hear that one. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    edited February 1
    deadendp said:
    Great show last night in DC
    great show in philly as well.  played for 2 hours (probably the same list as previous night, with a few changes) but awesome nonetheless.  I liked the new album, but was probably towards the bottom of BRMC albums.  However the new songs sounded great live!  Also the opening band, Night Beats were real good too :smiley:
    I just looked at the setlist and they are playing Circus Bazooko! I really want to hear that one. 
    yeah when i first saw the tracklisting to the album that title stood out.  Hearing it when i finally listened to the album didn't hate but it, was definitely weird/different, kinda grew on me though.  Glad they played it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    deadendp said:
    Great show last night in DC
    great show in philly as well.  played for 2 hours (probably the same list as previous night, with a few changes) but awesome nonetheless.  I liked the new album, but was probably towards the bottom of BRMC albums.  However the new songs sounded great live!  Also the opening band, Night Beats were real good too :smiley:
    I just looked at the setlist and they are playing Circus Bazooko! I really want to hear that one. 
    yeah when i first saw the tracklisting to the album that title stood out.  Hearing it when i finally listened to the album didn't hate but it, was definitely weird/different, kinda grew on me though.  Glad they played it.
    Love the song. It's definitely different and on first listen I thought it oddly seductive.  That's certainly part of the mood that they were going for.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512

    Saw BRMC last night. Left me walking away knowing that they were good, not great, and kind of meh. I had a hard time finding my concert groove with them because everything seemed to be in super slo-mo. 

    Sweet Jesus, the flashing lights. 

    Big bummer was that Circus Bazooko sucked live. 

    Drove down to Columbus to see them, got to hang out and have a great time with friends and experienced a concert at a new venue. Not a horrible night by any means, but BRMC is a one hit wonder in my concert list. I'll just stick to the recordings. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 10,216
    I completely agree with you...
    the show was good, not great!!
    There were a few great moments...
    the Dirty Old Town cover was pretty good & LOVED their encore set...
    Ninth Configuration & Whatever Happened to My Rock and Roll were GREAT!!
    The light show was annoying & haven't seen this much fog at a show since the Pixies in the early 90's. :wink:
    Had a BLAST hanging out with GREAT friends, so that made it a fun night for me!!




    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,313
    The song Echo has a U2 vibe in my opinion.
    i agree. it's my favorite track on wrong creatures. 

    i saw them in detroit. robert said he didn't feel well and it showed. still a good show and i was happy i went. 
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    derbydave said:
    I completely agree with you...
    the show was good, not great!!
    There were a few great moments...
    the Dirty Old Town cover was pretty good & LOVED their encore set...
    Ninth Configuration & Whatever Happened to My Rock and Roll were GREAT!!
    The light show was annoying & haven't seen this much fog at a show since the Pixies in the early 90's. :wink:
    Had a BLAST hanging out with GREAT friends, so that made it a fun night for me!!




    Loved hanging out with you and M! :rock_on:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 10,216
    deadendp said:
    derbydave said:
    I completely agree with you...
    the show was good, not great!!
    There were a few great moments...
    the Dirty Old Town cover was pretty good & LOVED their encore set...
    Ninth Configuration & Whatever Happened to My Rock and Roll were GREAT!!
    The light show was annoying & haven't seen this much fog at a show since the Pixies in the early 90's. :wink:
    Had a BLAST hanging out with GREAT friends, so that made it a fun night for me!!




    Loved hanging out with you and M! :rock_on:

    The "concert cookies" were good too...
    bordering on GREAT with an ice cold glass of milk!! :wink:

    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 27,450
    deadendp said:

    Saw BRMC last night. Left me walking away knowing that they were good, not great, and kind of meh. I had a hard time finding my concert groove with them because everything seemed to be in super slo-mo. 

    Sweet Jesus, the flashing lights. 

    Big bummer was that Circus Bazooko sucked live. 

    Drove down to Columbus to see them, got to hang out and have a great time with friends and experienced a concert at a new venue. Not a horrible night by any means, but BRMC is a one hit wonder in my concert list. I'll just stick to the recordings. 
    guess they're not for everyone live.  Yeah they've been doing the lights/fog thing for years live.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 6,512
    derbydave said:
    deadendp said:
    derbydave said:
    I completely agree with you...
    the show was good, not great!!
    There were a few great moments...
    the Dirty Old Town cover was pretty good & LOVED their encore set...
    Ninth Configuration & Whatever Happened to My Rock and Roll were GREAT!!
    The light show was annoying & haven't seen this much fog at a show since the Pixies in the early 90's. :wink:
    Had a BLAST hanging out with GREAT friends, so that made it a fun night for me!!




    Loved hanging out with you and M! :rock_on:

    The "concert cookies" were good too...
    bordering on GREAT with an ice cold glass of milk!! :wink:
    The cookies were fantastic WITHOUT milk! :smiley:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.