Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No PRINTED TICKET option at the venue for these shows!?!?! - shame on you. PATHETIC
    That's a little harsh, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    edited March 2018
    Hello i contacted you about the pearl jam. Empty boxes.  if they are going to release empty boxes for the box sets from 2015/2016 a month or so and you said not at this time . Is there anyway you can asked them to release the empty boxes? they had a black friday sale of those specific cds and then later make a box set avaiable but you have to buy all the cds again i already have most of them now .so why not release them or aleast take a pre-order for the people that want them i was just on the pearl jam forum and there are alot  of people that want these. I am not demanding just saying or asking please .I have all these loose cds and want to keep them looking good and have a shelf of other pj box sets from nugs. Thanks for your time  just thought i would be the one to make this aware so it might get considered it sure makes sense to supply them for us the client/fan or serious collector. PS it would be neat to have boxsets for 2000/03/05/06/ as well along with cd formats Of 03/04/05/06/07 live shows 
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
    edited February 2018
    My letter to nugs .asking for empty boxes and now .asking 10c .Pearl Jam on. Here
    Post edited by trees on

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Thanks for this option, 10C and for taking the time to read.

I'm pretty sure others have posted asking about this, but would you consider single ticket purchases for the 10C lottery? That is, allowing purchase of either 1 or 2 tickets.  This lessens the expense for people traveling solo and opens up the lottery for people who may not be able to pay for the purchase of 2 tickets up front, but could for one.

Thanks!

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    -Buru- said:

I'm pretty sure others have posted asking about this, but would you consider single ticket purchases for the 10C lottery? That is, allowing purchase of either 1 or 2 tickets.  This lessens the expense for people traveling solo and opens up the lottery for people who may not be able to pay for the purchase of 2 tickets up front, but could for one.

Thanks!

I've never understood the rigidity of pairs of tickets. Has it ever been explained why you can't buy one ticket? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    -Buru- said:

Thanks!

I've never understood the rigidity of pairs of tickets. Has it ever been explained why you can't buy one ticket? 

I don't think it has been officially explained (and I would love an answer), but people have mentioned it would make assigning seats by seniority more complicated since most venues have an even number of seats per row and single tickets might throw this off.  I should think that there would be a way around that issue via some sort of automated program/algorithm - but I'm no expert!

I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

-Buru- said:
    -Buru- said:

Thanks!

I don't think it has been officially explained (and I would love an answer), but people have mentioned it would make assigning seats by seniority more complicated since most venues have an even number of seats per row and single tickets might throw this off.  I should think that there would be a way around that issue via some sort of automated program/algorithm - but I'm no expert!

There would be an easy way around it. If that is indeed the reason, it's not a very good one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    -Buru- said:
    -Buru- said:

Thanks!

There would be an easy way around it. If that is indeed the reason, it's not a very good one.
    the only thing i can think of is to keep it a level playing field. single ticket buyers would have an advantage over pair ticket buyers, presumably. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    PJ_Soul said:
    -Buru- said:
    -Buru- said:

Thanks!

the only thing i can think of is to keep it a level playing field. single ticket buyers would have an advantage over pair ticket buyers, presumably. 
    How?
  • 1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    other fan clubs that use seniority for basis of assigning seats do it this way. 

pairs - assigned by seniority separately first because that's majority 
    singles - assigned by seniority separately 
    there is typically a price with requesting a single, its being further away  for these fan clubs 

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • -Buru- said:

Thanks!

I think you hit upon it when you mentioned "people traveling solo." Anything the band/10C can do to help local/regional fans secure tickets, I have a feeling they're going to do...also hence part of the reason why they never mailed tickets.

If someone can't afford two tickets...there are always people looking to buy/sell an extra immediately after the sale ends.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Dear purl jamm, could you guys please replicate and issue rare items that a guy like me could never have and make em available on amazon or 10club. 

Rarefied and Live would be awesome with the Not For Sale label in tact but reissued .Dang
    It would be awesome. Then all y'all should doan kiss makeup and make the album Rarefied And Alive from the great motor city of Detroit .

I'll push record .Love you
    bazzer said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    -Buru- said:
    -Buru- said:

Thanks!

How?
    same way as in regular ticket sales. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Didn't Pearl Jam take Ticketmaster to Court?
    edited March 2018
    Thanks pearl jam men and women.
    The nice ones .

The website has become a pit
    There are abusers out here
    I was banned from the board lifetime ban
    Now its me and jen on a new account
    Ive tried being good but there are men and women who try to mentally abuse
    My ratty way of whinism is gonna just make it worse .Sad when im cryin
      Ima rats ass away from spinning no code i gotta go 

Post edited by Shyner on
      Please evolve "Words seem out of place" 
    It has a MLB feel and it just is my favorite moments of your improv bsides a sides no sides everything sides ever. 
        Love .Kevi Morrison

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Anyway we can clean up the announcements? They take up half of the front page!
    PJNB said:
    Anyway we can clean up the announcements? They take up half of the front page!
    LOL. I often think about this as I'm scrolling to see what's on the porch. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Another thread just alerted me to the fact that there is a random EP from some Montana punk band up in your shop. Further browsing brought me to the realization that there are many singles that seem unrelated to PJ in your shop. I'm going to guess that these are hockeytalkter releases? Although that EP isn't even labelled as such, so I actually have no clue what the connection is or why it's in the 10C shop, although I'm guessing Jeff has something to do with it because it was a Montana band. Who is Steve Albini? Am I supposed to know that off the top of my head as a PJ fan? ... It would be very useful if you could separate these non-PJ, non-PJ-member-solo-work releases and have them in the shop in their own section or something, and with some kind of explanation as to what it is, and also a link to where we can actually hear these releases digitally before purchase. Only the most fanatical of the fanatical fans are going to buy any of these releases without hearing them first, but finding where to hear them is often difficult. Are the people involved in these releases at all interested in people knowing about them? If they are, I think it would be a good idea to make them more obvious in the 10C shop, rather than just throwing them into the same section as all the PJ singles.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Another thread just alerted me to the fact that there is a random EP from some Montana punk band up in your shop. Further browsing brought me to the realization that there are many singles that seem unrelated to PJ in your shop. I'm going to guess that these are hockeytalkter releases? Although that EP isn't even labelled as such, so I actually have no clue what the connection is or why it's in the 10C shop, although I'm guessing Jeff has something to do with it because it was a Montana band. Who is Steve Albini? Am I supposed to know that off the top of my head as a PJ fan? ... It would be very useful if you could separate these non-PJ, non-PJ-member-solo-work releases and have them in the shop in their own section or something, and with some kind of explanation as to what it is, and also a link to where we can actually hear these releases digitally before purchase. Only the most fanatical of the fanatical fans are going to buy any of these releases without hearing them first, but finding where to hear them is often difficult. Are the people involved in these releases at all interested in people knowing about them? If they are, I think it would be a good idea to make them more obvious in the 10C shop, rather than just throwing them into the same section as all the PJ singles.
    Steve Albini produced many well known albums, most notably Nirvana's In Utero. when picking a producer for the record, Kurt famously saw "Slayer" listed next to his name, and said "I want THAT guy, the Slayer guy!". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,749
    PJ_Soul said:
    Steve Albini produced many well known albums, most notably Nirvana's In Utero. when picking a producer for the record, Kurt famously saw "Slayer" listed next to his name, and said "I want THAT guy, the Slayer guy!". 
    You are thinking of Andy Wallace, not Steve Albini. Andy mixed Slayer and later "Nevermind". 
    edited May 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    You are thinking of Andy Wallace, not Steve Albini. Andy mixed Slayer and later "Nevermind". 
    This is from the article you posted about the EP in question: ".... Who Killed Society recorded with a friend, Steve Albini. The Hellgate High School graduate went on to work as the recording engineer on classic albums like the Pixies' "Surfer Rosa" and Nirvana's "In Utero." HFD, you were kind of right about the In Utero part anyway, although he wasn't the producer. ;)

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • ShanKathyShanKathy Edmonton, Alberta Posts: 308
    Isn't the lead singer in Who Killed Society the lead singer in Jeff's early band Deranged Diction? I can't think of his name right now - I think he also works for Easy Street - is it Rod Moody? Jeff talks about that band and Rod frequently when he talks about his early days in Missoula and the first time he ever went up on stage.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PJ_Soul said:

Albini is a legend and a notorious asshole. have you ever heard of Big Black?

He also did one of the early Pixies albums hence the desire for Kurdt to record with him.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• CarenDCarenD Posts: 8
    Under 5 weeks left till PJ rocks London and I am already fretting about my not yet purchased posters.  I was lucky enough to win tickets for both nights through Club 10, but what would put the icing on the cake would be the ability to preorder the posters for the concerts we got tickets for.  Of course I accept there will be additional cost of postage and packaging, but then it could be a choice of the fan to either pay that and have them delivered prestige or to buy on the day and have to protect a tube all night (assuming the O2 will even allow a tube).  Would make life so much easier for those travelling too and will give them something to look forward to when they arrive home.
    edited May 2018
    Is it possible to have the NEW Jeff Ament album made into CD FORMAT Please i drive alot 2004 toyota tacoma  it has a Cd player and cassette .i would love to have a copy of heaven and hell in CD FORMAT Please

PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
  • promiser2promiser2 Posts: 3
    Will be in my favorite city, London, on my 20 wedding anniversary, seeing my Favorite  people, Pearl Jam.  A dream come true.  Pinch me. =)
    is there a way for a thread to no longer show up in your "participated" list? there are so many threads that I no longer care to look at, I'd like to get rid of them off that page feed. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    i aint lining up ever for any posters, stickers and pins no more
  • Annr95Annr95 Posts: 62
    Is there any information about how to pick up tickets for the European tour? What kind of identification is required and what time will tickets be available?