Options

please close

Comments

• Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    edited February 2018
    If it were a better date I would be there in a heartbeat- Jeff's home show.... 
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    I'd love to go... it feels like an anniversary of my first headling PJ show (Missoula '98 at the same venue).  I have such great memories of that show.   Older me seems content going to Seattle, as it's a helluva lot closer.

It does seem pretty common with shows in the northwest(ish) part of the US (including Canadian shows).   The cities are so spread apart that it's really long road trips or flights for most people.   Aside from Seattle it's never really that hard getting 10c tickets to shows on this part of the continent.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Ballpark shows outside of GA or close seating don’t appeal to me at all.   Not one bit.  Fenway would be the only shows I would consider because I would like to spend time in that area.  Missoula all the way.  I don’t think it will be a crazy show but the location seals the deal.  

I am expecting the kiss cam to come out during these ballpark shows.  Maybe t-shirt cannons too, and a golf putting contest during the encore breaks.  Honestly, that was the feeling I walked away with after Wrigley 1 in 2016.  It was barely a concert at times. 
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    I was there in '98 as well. Great memories indeed. Alas, I will not make the trek this time. I am in for both Seattle shows, though.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Ballpark shows outside of GA or close seating don’t appeal to me at all.   Not one bit.  Fenway would be the only shows I would consider because I would like to spend time in that area.  Missoula all the way.  I don’t think it will be a crazy show but the location seals the deal.  

I am expecting the kiss cam to come out during these ballpark shows.  Maybe t-shirt cannons too, and a golf putting contest during the encore breaks.  Honestly, that was the feeling I walked away with after Wrigley 1 in 2016.  It was barely a concert at times. 
    Wrigley 1 felt forced or just a lot of gimmicks?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Missoula will be the top show of this tour. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    edited February 2018
    Give you guys an update on Missoula. This was the only stop that is worth going to. It's going to be the  show of the tour. I have done my research flights are not that expensive if you fly into Spokane, WA. I got flights for like $258 + rental car. And saved myself $250 compared to flying in Missoula w/o car.  Only a 3 hour drive from Spokane and get to enjoy some of the most amazing  scenery of America. Got a 4 bedroom house through air bnb for $700 for 3 nights split between 3 others. I am also organizing white water rafting trip for 10c members through the Alberton gorge on Sunday for 4 hours. Fishing hiking and pearl jam in 70 degree weather during night in one of the most beautiful states in our country. Honestly after going to Chicago last time for only 3 days I will save so much more compared to how outrageous hotels and shit cost in those 3 other cities. We are going to grill out eat at our house enjoy the weather and beauty.  So happy that people are deciding to skip this. This venue is a football stadium...it has an arena feel to it and will be rocking. You will not be sitting a mile away. Wrigley seemed like yesterday and can'b elieve people are going back. See them somewhere else... Be adventurous. If this stop wasn't on this tour definitely would of sat this run out.  Don't be lame, book it and you won't regret it. 

Post edited by Jbarker on
  • Options
    My first choice- and after nearly 27 years of loving them, it may be my first Pearl Jam concert EVER (depending on how Seattle shakes out).  I can't imagine any Rocky Mountain local fans who wouldn't make the trip- its a beautiful place to visit, a killer venue, and it's our home show. SO EXCITED.
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    mcgruff10 said:

Hopefully without a VIDEO as your Agenda, the show will be a little more cohesive- that being said I loved both nights
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    But didn't people choose GA#2 in those instances?  
    If you don't want GA it is kinda fucked they would put you there.  (What if you are a midget, cannot stand for hours, or don't like people touching you?)

If you put as your second option I'm surprised but hey, you listed as an option and they used it

Thanks for explaining, clealry I was wrong.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Ed was extra chatty with all the baseball references.  They kept doing fan shots on the screen where people realize they were on camera and then giddingly smile and jump up and down.  It just felt like a basketball game atmosphere instead of rock concert.  Great show obviously but prefer other venues .
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    edited February 2018
    my2hands said:
    The entire field is GA
    ^^^  this ...  odds are essentially the same as Reserved since there is way more GA at Montana than the other venues. 
    Post edited by CO278952 on
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    mcgruff10 said:

Ed was extra chatty with all the baseball references.  They kept doing fan shots on the screen where people realize they were on camera and then giddingly smile and jump up and down.  It just felt like a basketball game atmosphere instead of rock concert.  Great show obviously but prefer other venues .
    If you have an issue with people jumping up and down when they see they are on the video board, you probably don't want to go to Missoula either.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    If you don't want GA it is kinda fucked they would put you there.  (What if you are a midget, cannot stand for hours, or don't like people touching you?)

If you put as your second option I'm surprised but hey, you listed as an option and they used it

Since I don’t mind that much whether I get GA or Reserved for this show, I’m going to flip my picks as a little experiment and see if my later GA pick trumps reserved.
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    malphurs72malphurs72 NC Piedmont Posts: 56
    CO278952 said:
    my2hands said:
    The entire field is GA
    ^^^  this ...  odds are essentially the same as Reserved since there is way more GA at Montana than the other venues. 
    But the field is split into two “pens”. Front only option for 10C. Plus baseball outfields are wider. Based on this, I don’t think GA in Missoula will be that much bigger, but who knows at this point?
    98 Raleigh 03 Raleigh 06 Camden1 13 Baltimore 16 Greenville 16 Raleigh 16 Wrigley1 16 Wrigley2 18 Missoula 18 Wrigley1
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    on2legs said:
    The hype this show is getting is unreal. I see it here and on Facebook. The next Moline/the best of the tour. Hope those that are going are not disappointed! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    The hype this show is getting is unreal. I see it here and on Facebook. The next Moline/the best of the tour. Hope those that are going are not disappointed! 
    Not really trying to hype it... just saying it will be the best of the 7 shows.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

They sure did...
    and my friend was really surprised to end up with the GA tickets instead of her first choice of reserved seats,
    but was good with just getting in for her home show!!
    It's looking like we might have the same situation with Missoula this year as well,
    so if you absolutely don't want GA tickets,
    I wouldn't choose this option at all!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    Just quoted you since you where the last that I saw mentioning. A lot of people are hyping it up more then the other shows. The venue looks great imo but still very large. The set from 2012 was awesome and they seem to bring it there. Wish I could make the trip. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:
    on2legs said:
    Just quoted you since you where the last that I saw mentioning. A lot of people are hyping it up more then the other shows. The venue looks great imo but still very large. The set from 2012 was awesome and they seem to bring it there. Wish I could make the trip. 
    The venue looks pretty cool and you can’t beat the backdrop.  

• Options
    RP112579 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

If you have an issue with people jumping up and down when they see they are on the video board, you probably don't want to go to Missoula either.

I doubt there will be cameras in the stands like there were at Wrigley. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I fully expect the tour finale to be a monster, as usual 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    mcgruff10 said:

Got ya. That seems pretty cheesy. I remember the days when ed would request the cameras be turned off, my have things changed. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I fully expect the tour finale to be a monster, as usual 

They always bring it in Boston. 
  • Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    100 Pacer said:
    Interest in Missoula should heat up once meet and greet fundraiser info is announced. 
    What is this M&G fundraiser you speak of? I thought they didnt to M&G?
    2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Give you guys an update on Missoula. This was the only stop that is worth going to. It's going to be the  show of the tour. I have done my research flights are not that expensive if you fly into Spokane, WA. I got flights for like $258 + rental car. And saved myself $250 compared to flying in Missoula w/o car.  Only a 3 hour drive from Spokane and get to enjoy some of the most amazing  scenery of America. Got a 4 bedroom house through air bnb for $700 for 3 nights split between 3 others. I am also organizing white water rafting trip for 10c members through the Alberton gorge on Sunday for 4 hours. Fishing hiking and pearl jam in 70 degree weather during night in one of the most beautiful states in our country. Honestly after going to Chicago last time for only 3 days I will save so much more compared to how outrageous hotels and shit cost in those 3 other cities. We are going to grill out eat at our house enjoy the weather and beauty.  So happy that people are deciding to skip this. This venue is a football stadium...it has an arena feel to it and will be rocking. You will not be sitting a mile away. Wrigley seemed like yesterday and can'b elieve people are going back. See them somewhere else... Be adventurous. If this stop wasn't on this tour definitely would of sat this run out.  Don't be lame, book it and you won't regret it. 
    I'm not entirely sure when on Sunday ill be down there yet as I'm driving, but once I've got my tickets secured I'm gonna shoot you a pm, this is my first pj experience and I couldn't be more excited, you described the community that i always hear about and want to experience first hand. 
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I wanted to go but there are absolutely zero affordable flights.
  • Options
    So with the 99% odds right now will that make it much harder to find a ticket buddy? This is my first lotto and from my understanding, there aren't usually this many tickets and much harder to get. Just don't want to be stuck with a second ticket as I will potentially be coming down alone. 
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,282
    Most importantly, does anyone know if they sell beer at this venue for concerts?  I was at the PJ show in 98 there, but I cant remember if they did or not.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    NO BEER???????????