Options

Over 50% of GA requests will not be accommodated

Comments

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,941
    cv658133 said:
    The odds are completely opposite to the European tour...all the GA were near enough guaranteed and the seating was much more unlikely 
    GA is the full floor in Europe so there is way more availability. Most of us like to stand so 10c only secures a limited number of seats. Hence the odds are opposite to USA.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Anyone that thought they would fill the GA with as many applicants as they could get needs to give there head a shake. GA is the size it is going to be. Reserved is where they said they were going to be able to add more seats further back then ever before. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 647
    PJNB said:
    Anyone that thought they would fill the GA with as many applicants as they could get needs to give there head a shake. GA is the size it is going to be. Reserved is where they said they were going to be able to add more seats further back then ever before. 
    This^
    The GA odds were always going to be lower. If you want to go, you can get reserved tickets but that wont satisfy a lot on this board
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    I will never pay to squint at a stage/watch a screen. 

GA or nada.
    Image result for that is why you fail gif
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,765
    edited February 2018
    I go to hear music not see it, so as long as I have a good spot to listen from I am happy.  To be sure even to me those spots are limited.  My hope is I win GA for Wrigley, but I assume that if I don't win GA, odds are my number is putting me in the front of the B section on the field which is good.
    Post edited by PB11041 on
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ISO WRIGLEY GA for both shows
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    JimmyV said:
    I read it as saying most everyone who tries for tickets will get tickets, provided they are willing to sit in reserved seats. And that some fulfillment of requests will be done through the Verified Fan process. I don't think anyone could have realistically expected that all GA requests would be filled.
    There are still people who think seniority determines if you secure tickets. Believe me, there are people here who think 10club has enough tickets to fulfill most if not all requests, regardless of where they entered.  I mean, have you seen some of the questions being tossed around here?
    Good point.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PB11041 said:
    I go to hear music not see it, so as long as I have a good spot to listen from I am happy.  To be sure even to me those spots are limited.  My hope is I win GA for Wrigley, but I assume that if I don't win GA, odds are my number is putting me in the front of the B section on the field which is good.
    A concert for me is the combination of hearing and seeing. 

If I just want to hear it I will buy the bootleg. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Just saw someone on Facebook who is wondering how they will get tickets when the numbers are at 30%.  Wonders because it’s now the 10club rule they will accommodate most if not all requests.  It’s happening.....
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Just saw someone on Facebook who is wondering how they will get tickets when the numbers are at 30%.  Wonders because it’s now the 10club rule they will accommodate most if not all requests.  It’s happening.....
    It doesn't say they will accommodate most GA requests.  GA is only so big.  Choose reserved and you will be in the building.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    It doesn't say they will accommodate most GA requests.  GA is only so big.  Choose reserved and you will be in the building.
    I’m fully aware of the wording. This thread was made in anticipation of the people who don’t, and will be pissed when they miss out.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This thread is making me think maybe I should enter after all! I'm am indeed a "GA or bust" person for this one, and the lower the GA odds are, the better it feels for me, since I can't really afford to win. :lol: Before I was thinking of it almost as a sure thing, but if the odds are going way down, maybe I should leave it up to fate after all!
    Alright, I pulled the trigger. I put in for GA Standing for Seattle 2, and that's it (will be swapping my spare for night 1). Now luck will decide if I'm going to be financially irresponsible or not! :tongue: ... Unless I change my mind and cancel. :anguished:

well done... let karma and fate duke it out!

• Options
    93% for Boston 1 and 99% for Boston 2 are by far the best odds we've ever seen for Northeast shows. However it plays out from here and fully understanding I may get stuck in the 7% that misses out on Night 1, 10c has done a helluva job here securing tickets. Credit where it is due. This is going to be a great summer!

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    JimmyV said:
    93% for Boston 1 and 99% for Boston 2 are by far the best odds we've ever seen for Northeast shows. However it plays out from here and fully understanding I may get stuck in the 7% that misses out on Night 1, 10c has done a helluva job here securing tickets. Credit where it is due. This is going to be a great summer!
    I m thinking they got close to 20,000 tickets per show. Nice job indeed. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    100% "GA or Bust" and proud if it!  If I win its a bucket list PJ destination experience. If not I save a ton of loot and listen to the bootleg on PJ Radio waiting for an East Coast tour.  
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    You can’t fix stupid.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Those that could only travel to one show, either chi2 or bos1, have a gripe

No way they could fulfill every ga request. That's not fair to TC
  • Options
    rvapete said:
    100% "GA or Bust" and proud if it!  If I win its a bucket list PJ destination experience. If not I save a ton of loot and listen to the bootleg on PJ Radio waiting for an East Coast tour.  
    That might be a mighty long wait ;-(
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JimmyV said:
    Bos1 will be much closer to 70% when the draw is done. Bos2 is midweek right when school starts. For many in the east, its bos1 or bust. As usual, the show allotment doesnt match where the majority of fans live - NE.

It's a nice job getting most inside, but baseball stadiums by design have very few fans close to a CF concert stage.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    This thread is making me think maybe I should enter after all! I'm am indeed a "GA or bust" person for this one, and the lower the GA odds are, the better it feels for me, since I can't really afford to win. :lol: Before I was thinking of it almost as a sure thing, but if the odds are going way down, maybe I should leave it up to fate after all!
    Alright, I pulled the trigger. I put in for GA Standing for Seattle 2, and that's it (will be swapping my spare for night 1). Now luck will decide if I'm going to be financially irresponsible or not! :tongue: ... Unless I change my mind and cancel. :anguished:
    I think this might have to be my strategy due to having already spend alot on euro dates. But if i get nothing.... aaaaaah!
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    God speed Wrigley I GA picks
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,504
    I *really* want to take credit as the guy who bought buck "all those beers" at Wrigley 1.

To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Bos1 will be much closer to 70% when the draw is done. Bos2 is midweek right when school starts. For many in the east, its bos1 or bust. As usual, the show allotment doesnt match where the majority of fans live - NE.

It's a nice job getting most inside, but baseball stadiums by design have very few fans close to a CF concert stage.
    And even at 70% it would still be the best odds we've seen for a major Northeast city. That's more than 2/3 of 10c members who tried for tickets accommodated with the Verified Fan and public sales still to come.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    100 Pacer said:
    I *really* want to take credit as the guy who bought buck "all those beers" at Wrigley 1.

LOLOL
  • Options
    Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop Scotland Posts: 192
    Boston1 is starting to make me nervous...  :s 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,102
    JimmyV said:
    Given too, that not all people who picked boston 1 picked as their first choice..  If it hovers around 90%, the 10% who miss would probably be the ones who picked another show first?
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    JimmyV said:

I wonder if there’s any chance Boston 2 doesn’t sell out because of this. Probably not, but interesting timing to have a show. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    JimmyV said:

I wonder if there’s any chance Boston 2 doesn’t sell out because of this. Probably not, but interesting timing to have a show. 

I thought the same thing. But then four words entered my mind:

Pearl
    Jam
    Northeast
    Concert

A definite sellout ;-)
    We need a residency in NY!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I still don't understand Boston being Sunday/Tuesday... I don't have kids so I don't care, but Tuesday after Labor Day has to be the worst date ever for a travelling fanbase... they must have gotten a good discount, otherwise why not play Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    I still don't understand Boston being Sunday/Tuesday... I don't have kids so I don't care, but Tuesday after Labor Day has to be the worst date ever for a travelling fanbase... they must have gotten a good discount, otherwise why not play Friday/Sunday or Saturday/Monday?
    Only thing I can figure is Fenway has another act booked Saturday that hasn't been announced yet.