rey said:
    Clapper said:
    rey said:
    mace1229 said:
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    rey said:
    dlymnfld said:
    I have had Patriot season tickets since 1992. 28 dollars then, 160 dollars now. Patriots sucked then and are great now. PJ in 92 played a short set and now a pretty long set. All relative. 

How much did the Patriots tickets cost in 2016.  Have they increased by 30+% since then??

This is a fair point. The bump from 2016 to 2018 is far more relevant than anything the band said or did or charged in 1992 or 1994.

I don't care what other artists charge for their tickets, how much PJ tickets cost in the '90s, or how much tickets to a sporting event cost.  The bottom line is that PJ played baseball stadiums in 2016 and are playing baseball stadiums again 2018.  The cost for the EXACT same product has increased by 30+ % in the course of just two years.  Think about other products you purchase and how you would feel about a 30% increase for the EXACT same product in just two years. 

I fully expected the 2018 tickets to cost more than the 2016 tickets because everything goes up in price.  I totally get that.  I just did not expect they would go up by that much and am having a hard time understanding why.

If the answer is the band wants to make more money playing less shows, would you have a problem with that?
    I'd be bummed if that is why, but I'd do the same thing
    Yes, I would have a problem with them taking advantage of their fans so that they could make more money playing less shows. 
    How are they taking advantage of you?  They have been charging less than half the market value of these tickets for years.  What is it you think this band owes you?  In your line of work, how many customers do you have that you charge less than half the market value for your product/service?

In my line of work, if I increase what I charge for the EXACT same product by 30+% in just two years I won't have to worry about having any customers.   

Even if you were already offering that product at less than half the actual market value and less than half of your other competitors?  A quick check of Ticketmaster brought me to Pitbull in Niagara Falls....top ticket is $293.80ca BEFORE any fees. PITBULL.  This band has left hundreds of millions of dollars on the table over the last 25 years and continues to do so.  Even if they spike prices by 75% over last tour they'd still be well below the market.  I'll ask my original question, what is it you think this band owes you?  

The band doesn't owe anyone anything.  I'm just having a hard time paying 30+% more than I did two years ago for the same product.  Period.  It was suggested by someone else that maybe the band is trying to make more money by working less, and to me that isn't fair to their fans.

Your point about the band's tickets possibly being previously being underpriced is a whole different conversation.  I don't think that comparing PJ ticket prices to any other artist's prices is relevant.  To me, the market for a PJ show has been set by PJ.......not by what Pitbull or the Foo Fighters or Billy Joel or the New England Patriots are charging.  Do you have any idea how many people Pitbull travels with in crew, musicians, stage show, etc. relative to PJ?  Or what kind of stage set up he has?  I sure don't.  I'd be more interested to see what Pitbull charged for a show in the same type of venue in 2016.   

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    JimmyV said:
    If a $30 increase is really going to bust the budget and stop someone from going those people should probably think twice about going anywhere and focus on getting their shit together. 
    This is the laziest of takes. People have every right to question a 30% increase.
    Hey man I have to convert that price to Canadian so what am I supposed to say. But the fact is if I want something bad enough I work for it. Price went up? I work harder to pay for it. I don’t complain. 
    I hear you. The price is the price. I'll likely end up paying it myself. It's just that a 30% bump in only two years time is worth questioning, IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    JimmyV said:
    estarr31 said:
    JimmyV said:
    If a $30 increase is really going to bust the budget and stop someone from going those people should probably think twice about going anywhere and focus on getting their shit together. 
    This is the laziest of takes. People have every right to question a 30% increase.
    Just as the band has every right to charge whatever they want. 
    Yes, and people have every right to vote with their wallets. Awesome. Really breaking some new ground here.
    Of course, but I choose to vote with my wallet when frustrated with the performance/quality of a product/organization. Pearl Jam's quality hasn't diminished in my opinion and the frequency of their performances only continues to decrease as expected with their age. This just seems like a small hill to die on in the context of entertainment. Of course I wish Pearl Jam concert tickets cost the same as they did ten years ago or two years ago. But that's not reality. Not familiar with other entertainment products that stay the same like that.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Hard to complain about $125 tickets when we all buy $200 worth of merch at each show.
    We don't all do that.

Or this...

I could think of many other things that I spend $250 on that don't bring me as much joy as PJ does.  Shit, I could spend that on a night out with dinner and drinks.  

Lot of projecting going on about how other people might spend their money. That's not fair. And it's not what this is about.

seattle shows are a charity event which shuts down the secondary market on stub hub. bravo PJ bravo
    8 pages later and i hope someone here has mentioned the fact that this great band STILL do not tier the prices for tickets. yes they have in the past maybe for some outdoor amphitheaters(lawn tickets) but all arena shows in north america generally have 1 price. 
    10c gets a lot of the great seats and there is no doubt about that, right?
    how many GA tickets go on sale to the public? NONE.
    how many GA tickets will go to the secondary market and get sold above face? almost none.
    if PJ tiered their tickets prices the 10c lottery ticket winners would be paying a lot more for the GA's BUT because they don't tier prices it means the upfront seats(GA&reserved) are actually worth more than face value as the person in the last row in the upper level is paying the same price as a GA ticket
    i have zero complaints. NONE.

No one is disputing any of these things. And I'd challenge any interested parties to try find a comment of mine on this or any other board where I have EVER been critical of the band, the 10C, their live shows, the lottery, the ticketing policies, their haircuts... ANYTHING!

I'm a happy, grateful fan and I'm not blaming anyone in particular. But this is still a big jump from 2016 prices. And it directly translates to less live PJ experiences for me. Simple as that.

With all of the positive benefits you outlined it does seem a bit odd to draw a line on the ticket prices. I do understand there's a fine line between telling others what to do with their money, so I'm not trying to do that. Just seems like you acknowledged a lot of the good things about this band that could just as easily be used to justify the ticket prices. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    rey said:
    Clapper said:
    rey said:
    Clapper said:
    rey said:
    mace1229 said:
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    rey said:
    dlymnfld said:
    I have had Patriot season tickets since 1992. 28 dollars then, 160 dollars now. Patriots sucked then and are great now. PJ in 92 played a short set and now a pretty long set. All relative. 

How much did the Patriots tickets cost in 2016.  Have they increased by 30+% since then??

This is a fair point. The bump from 2016 to 2018 is far more relevant than anything the band said or did or charged in 1992 or 1994.

I don't care what other artists charge for their tickets, how much PJ tickets cost in the '90s, or how much tickets to a sporting event cost.  The bottom line is that PJ played baseball stadiums in 2016 and are playing baseball stadiums again 2018.  The cost for the EXACT same product has increased by 30+ % in the course of just two years.  Think about other products you purchase and how you would feel about a 30% increase for the EXACT same product in just two years. 

I fully expected the 2018 tickets to cost more than the 2016 tickets because everything goes up in price.  I totally get that.  I just did not expect they would go up by that much and am having a hard time understanding why.

If the answer is the band wants to make more money playing less shows, would you have a problem with that?
    Yes, I would have a problem with them taking advantage of their fans so that they could make more money playing less shows. 
    How are they taking advantage of you?  They have been charging less than half the market value of these tickets for years.  What is it you think this band owes you?  In your line of work, how many customers do you have that you charge less than half the market value for your product/service?

In my line of work, if I increase what I charge for the EXACT same product by 30+% in just two years I won't have to worry about having any customers.   

Even if you were already offering that product at less than half the actual market value and less than half of your other competitors?  A quick check of Ticketmaster brought me to Pitbull in Niagara Falls....top ticket is $293.80ca BEFORE any fees. PITBULL.  This band has left hundreds of millions of dollars on the table over the last 25 years and continues to do so.  Even if they spike prices by 75% over last tour they'd still be well below the market.  I'll ask my original question, what is it you think this band owes you?  

The band doesn't owe anyone anything.  I'm just having a hard time paying 30+% more than I did two years ago for the same product.  Period.  It was suggested by someone else that maybe the band is trying to make more money by working less, and to me that isn't fair to their fans.

Your point about the band's tickets possibly being previously being underpriced is a whole different conversation.  I don't think that comparing PJ ticket prices to any other artist's prices is relevant.  To me, the market for a PJ show has been set by PJ.......not by what Pitbull or the Foo Fighters or Billy Joel or the New England Patriots are charging.  Do you have any idea how many people Pitbull travels with in crew, musicians, stage show, etc. relative to PJ?  Or what kind of stage set up he has?  I sure don't.  I'd be more interested to see what Pitbull charged for a show in the same type of venue in 2016.   

Two things: 1) Comparing their prices to other acts is fair because the production company, crew, and venue costs are all similar and are factored in to the ticket prices. Just b/c PJ is its own entity and do things a bit differently than others, they are still an entertainment act. It's fair-game to compare them to other entertainment acts. This is a crucial point and leads to... 
    2) If they play less shows, and by doing so, their expenses are higher, then it is fair for them to charge more and that shouldn't be viewed as an insult to fans. Now, if expenses are not higher than in 2016 (which I would find hard to believe), you may have a valid criticism. 
  • Options
    odiej34 said:
    Foo Fighters just two weeks later at the same venue is the same price after TM fees. Don't have a problem with either but i think the Pearl Jam tickets are a better value.
    Saw them in Idaho only weeks ago, with Bob Mould, for $55/ticket including fees.

GA Floor?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    They aren't Bejamin Button, they're getting older and working less. This very well may be the last time I see them because who knows if they'll do a real tour again. I probably won't see them again if I have to travel, it will just be more expensive next time. But I think it is worth it this last time. 
    I was hoping for cheaper tickets, and am disappointed they are so expensive. But why should I be upset with the band for wanting what other bands get paid though?
  • Options
    RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    2 shows & 3 nights in a hotel, + food and drink, and PJ merchandise while at the venue,,ouch.
    Oh well.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

These ticket increases have to do with working with TM. they should just come out and say it.

It makes sense now what the TM corporate guy was up to on PJ radio.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    edited February 2018
    estarr31 said:
    rey said:
    Clapper said:
    rey said:
    Clapper said:
    rey said:
    mace1229 said:
    rey said:
    JimmyV said:
    rey said:
    dlymnfld said:

Two things: 1) Comparing their prices to other acts is fair because the production company, crew, and venue costs are all similar and are factored in to the ticket prices. Just b/c PJ is its own entity and do things a bit differently than others, they are still an entertainment act. It's fair-game to compare them to other entertainment acts. This is a crucial point and leads to... 
    2) If they play less shows, and by doing so, their expenses are higher, then it is fair for them to charge more and that shouldn't be viewed as an insult to fans. Now, if expenses are not higher than in 2016 (which I would find hard to believe), you may have a valid criticism. 

Fair points but what if PitBull puts on a show with 20 dancers on stage and has a band twice the size of PJ?  And has a full pyrotechnic show every night?  I would think the expense to put on a show like that would be higher than the expense to put on a PJ show so I would think that difference might reflect in ticket prices, making a comparison irrelevant.

Just to clarify, I do not feel taken advantage of by PJ based on the ticket prices for this year's shows.  Somebody asked how I would feel if the band's motivation was to make more money and play less shows.  I don't happen to think that is their motivation for playing fewer shows, but if it was I wouldn't be happy about it.  I understand them playing fewer shows because of where they are at in their career and I do understand that by doing so the expenses are higher.  Maybe the combination of this being a smaller tour and that its two years later than 2016, is what's behind the 30+% increase.  Still seems a large increase for basically the same product for the consumer, but so be it.   

Post edited by rey on
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

These ticket increases have to do with working with TM. they should just come out and say it.

I don't think that is true. It seems more due to the business of playing concerts at ballparks.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    JimmyV said:
    lolobugg said:

I don't think that is true. It seems more due to the business of playing concerts at ballparks.

that probably has something to do with it too. but ticketmaster don't work for peanuts. remember when they wanted to charge the band $2 a ticket for distributing the free tickets for Drop in the Park? I guarantee they have their money- grubbing hands in this this 30% increase.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Market value and elasticity come in to play when determining ticket prices
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I absolutely think the band's motivation was to play fewer shows and charge more for them. Makes sense to me. I'm their age (or a couple of years older) and understand the motivation. That's why they're playing shitty ballpark venues instead of doing a proper arena tour. Sell more tickets with less travel. But I hate shows at ballparks and stadiums. For me, sitting a mile away from the stage and watching the screens for a few hours doesn't interest me. I put in for the lottery, but will likely delete my entry today. I have zero desire to ever see a show in a ballpark or stadium again, and thought I was going to make an exception for PJ. But that same $260 will take me to a bunch of shows with fresh local bands playing in more intimate venues, which is really what I enjoy more.  I just don't find that same value in a ballpark show. So unfortunately for me, I can't justify it. This will be the first time I've intentionally skipped PJ playing in my city. Bummer. PJ and I have divergent views of entertainment value at this point. Maybe I'll see them again some day if they play a proper venue. I don't begrudge the band's decision. As I said, I'd probably make the same decision in their shoes. So I'm not bitter about it, although I had some arguments with myself last night, lol. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hey man I have to convert that price to Canadian so what am I supposed to say. But the fact is if I want something bad enough I work for it. Price went up? I work harder to pay for it. I don’t complain. 
    I hear you. The price is the price. I'll likely end up paying it myself. It's just that a 30% bump in only two years time is worth questioning, IMO.
    It would be irresponsible to not question a 30% jump in price for any product you buy.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    jeffbr said:
    I absolutely think the band's motivation was to play fewer shows and charge more for them. Makes sense to me. I'm their age (or a couple of years older) and understand the motivation. That's why they're playing shitty ballpark venues instead of doing a proper arena tour. Sell more tickets with less travel. But I hate shows at ballparks and stadiums. For me, sitting a mile away from the stage and watching the screens for a few hours doesn't interest me. I put in for the lottery, but will likely delete my entry today. I have zero desire to ever see a show in a ballpark or stadium again, and thought I was going to make an exception for PJ. But that same $260 will take me to a bunch of shows with fresh local bands playing in more intimate venues, which is really what I enjoy more.  I just don't find that same value in a ballpark show. So unfortunately for me, I can't justify it. This will be the first time I've intentionally skipped PJ playing in my city. Bummer. PJ and I have divergent views of entertainment value at this point. Maybe I'll see them again some day if they play a proper venue. I don't begrudge the band's decision. As I said, I'd probably make the same decision in their shoes. So I'm not bitter about it, although I had some arguments with myself last night, lol. 
    I'm pretty much in full agreement with you, especially the bolded part.. I put my name in the hat yesterday but may pull it in the next few days....still on fence.

Good luck to everyone in the draw.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    10 pages of pure masturbatory speculation and cerebral exercise.
    We are never going to know why they raised the prices 30%. Hawaiian surf mansions and private planes cost big money.
    One cannot support that lifestyle playing arena shows for $50 a pop. $125 a head at a stadium will do the trick.
    Personally, if they deliver a show that is even close to Fenway 2 last time around, it is well worth whatever the ticket price is. 

• Options
    I put in for both Fenway shows but am tossing the idea around of only doing 1 show.  Personally, I wasn't a big fan of seeing a show in a ballpark in 2016.  The shows were fantastic of course, but the venue just didn't do it for me.  I've got a fairly decent 10c number and I was still about 30 rows back on the field and found myself watching the screens more than anything.  I can't even believe I am debating missing a Boston PJ show intentionally....
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    edited February 2018

I'm just disappointed with the price of the tickets. That much of a hike in two years seems crazy.

Maybe they should have released that information before so that people who might come from out of country could have made a more informed decision before booking hotels/flight.

Post edited by Eroom21 on
  • Options
    Genuine question for those defending the increased ticket prices - at what price would you draw the line?  

I would personally pay $200 for a PJ ticket if it came to that, but no more. If they raised their prices to $330 per seat like the forthcoming U2 tour would you gladly pay that and not question the hike? How about $500 like the last Rolling Stones tour? 
  • Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited February 2018
    I'm a bit older myself (coming up on 42) and got to enjoy PJ at Fenway 1&2 within days of my 40th bday (aug 9th), which was perfect. I'm also a Boston native and huge Red Sox / Fenway fan.... so it was fate, IMO). I didn't get field/floor but the shows were incredible, still. Great audio. Great production value on the screens. Incredible set-lists & performance. Amazing fans and energy. It was pretty much perfect. 

I'm going for Wrigley 1 & 2 this year to mix it up, I don't want to try to compete with the 2016 experience. I love Wrigley and it's a weekend show so it makes it easier on work/career for the GF and I. 

• Am I bummed prices went up 30% in 2 years? Yes. I'll pay it, because It's a drop in the bucket of a $1.5k 4 day weekend with hotels/tickets/food/beverage)... and the performances are worth the $125. But it doesn't change that they were $100... and less before that. I'm not mad at the band, I get it. I'm just a little disappointed. They have LOTS of other revenue streams (merch, boots, concessions etc)... it would be NICE to see them stick to the principles and avoid participating in the runaway ticket inflation. Oh well. Moving on. 

• I too love intimate experiences. I've done rail for PJ in the 90s. I've been 2nd row at Ryman Eddie show. I wish I could get rail for Wrigley but my GF couldn't handle it. THAT SAID, There really was something cool/special about the energy in Fenway those nights. It wasn't the packed in vibrancy you get in a club show that's rocking... but perhaps the crowd becomes a bigger part of the "energy" of the show? It's hard to explain but EVERYONE is 100% into the show.. singing and vibing along. I would love to see PJ in another intimate venue with the energy of the 90s, but I don't think we'll get that again. These shows are different, but I'm not certain that's a BAD thing for me. 

Sorry, I'm rambling after reading a few pages of stuff. I'm amped and hoping for some decent seats, but the reality is I'm excited to be a part of the energy that will be in Wrigley those two nights. It's not perfect, but it's still the best live band in the world giving us everything they've got for 3+ hours, alongside some of the best fans in the world. I've dropped $125 on a lot worse ;) 
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    10 pages of pure masturbatory speculation and cerebral exercise.
    We are never going to know why they raised the prices 30%. Hawaiian surf mansions and private planes cost big money.
    One cannot support that lifestyle playing arena shows for $50 a pop. $125 a head at a stadium will do the trick.
    Personally, if they deliver a show that is even close to Fenway 2 last time around, it is well worth whatever the ticket price is. 

If you just look up at the sky every morning you'll never know why the sun comes up. If you do some research you can figure it out.

• Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,921
    I wouldn't pay $500 if Jesus Christ himself was doing a sunset acoustic show.

$300 for PJ in a small intimate, setting?  Maybe.  Not in a ballpark 
  • Options
    Eroom21Eroom21 Canada Posts: 100
    TR70596 said:
    Genuine question for those defending the increased ticket prices - at what price would you draw the line?  

I would personally pay $200 for a PJ ticket if it came to that, but no more. If they raised their prices to $330 per seat like the forthcoming U2 tour would you gladly pay that and not question the hike? How about $500 like the last Rolling Stones tour? 

Don't give the band any ideas or we might see an even higher increase next time.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    TR70596 said:

Depends on the venue for me. They're already priced above my threshold for a show at shitty ballpark venues. If they were playing at Benaroya Hall, I'd pay twice what current ticket prices are. So venue is a factor in conjunction with price when making my decision. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Question, 

ticketmaster has the price range of $92 - $112. It seems the 10 club prices refelect the $112 tickets. Does this mean we likely won’t be in the nose bleeds? 

Appreciated! 
  • Options

Be happy if all you have to worry about is the price of a ticket going up 30 bucks.  $1300 bucks in airfare, $1200 bucks in lodging, $500 for 2 shows..... haven't even figured out meals and stuff like Uber.

Then put in perspective that living in the NY area I will likely never get tix in my home town (haven't yet) and will always be stuck looking on secondary market, some of this whining is just weak.  If you don't like it stop belly aching and don't go.  Simple answer.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    jeffbr said:
    That's exactly how I feel. It seems to me to clearly motivated by playing less shows but making the same cash. Otherwise can someone explain why they chose to play 7 shows this summer?
    I don't hold a grudge for it, they are getting older, most are older than my dad when he retired and never went back to work. It sucks for us fans, I'm not excited about a stadium tour, but its what we got. I imagined I would fork out this one last time with the anticipation of it being my farewell tour unless they come close by. The difference is I guess I wouldn't think twice about a stadium show if I didn't have to travel, its going to suck traveling and still sitting a mile away. But for all I know it will be my last chance, I haven't seen them since 2014.
  • Options
    jpdannabellejpdannabelle T. Posts: 836
    Eroom21 said:

I'm just disappointed with the price of the tickets. That much of a hike in two years seems crazy.

Maybe they should have released that information before so that people who might come from out of country could have made a more informed decision before booking hotels/flight.

Why would you book anything without free cancellation? How do you even know if you’re going to get tickets? This is getting ridiculous. 
    ...........and Evelyn 

• Options
    riley540 said:
    Question, 

ticketmaster has the price range of $92 - $112. It seems the 10 club prices refelect the $112 tickets. Does this mean we likely won’t be in the nose bleeds? 

Appreciated! 
    Maybe further back in the lower bowl but should not be any higher than that.
This discussion has been closed.