Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• Options
    mattsavardmattsavard Posts: 518
    edited February 2018
    Thanks PJNB and Danielwryan!  =)
    Post edited by mattsavard on
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    edited February 2018
    So as the odds drop. For example chicago the 18th ga is down in the 70s now...can someone explain what that exactly means? The odds of getting a ga ticket are less than 70%? Sorry for possible stupid question lottery is all new for me.

Yea, basically. but I believe this encompasses all ranked requests. So if you rank the 18th (GA) as your #1, then I believe the odds are better than what's posted. Because you'll be ahead of those who rank it 2, 3, 4, etc. I put this GA show as my number 4, so I'm not really gunning for GA on this day but my submission is still being considered in this calculation.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    So as the odds drop. For example chicago the 18th ga is down in the 70s now...can someone explain what that exactly means? The odds of getting a ga ticket are less than 70%? Sorry for possible stupid question lottery is all new for me.
    Look at my long post above.
    Got it! I shoulda read back further. Thank you :)
  • Options
    What are the odds a Philly show would be added to this tour? I'm willing to put my name in the hat for Boston but not if there's a good chance they'll come closer to Pa. Thoughts?
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    AR288142 said:
    What are the odds a Philly show would be added to this tour? I'm willing to put my name in the hat for Boston but not if there's a good chance they'll come closer to Pa. Thoughts?
    From everything I've read/heard this is it.  7 NA shows.  
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
    from
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-home-and-away-ticket-pre-sale

Drawing Odds Tool:
    Go here for info on the Odds Feature.

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    Jvollman said:
    AR288142 said:

I was really hoping for the philly rumor as Boston being the only east coast shows will make Fenway a very tough ticket. And one of those shows is midweek right when the kiddies go back to school. Some of us get only one chance :-)

Adding Philly doesn't seem fair now that the draw has started and they would subsequently add new summer dates.
  • Options
    JvollmanJvollman Posts: 129
    Jvollman said:
    AR288142 said:

I was really hoping for the philly rumor as Boston being the only east coast shows will make Fenway a very tough ticket. And one of those shows is midweek right when the kiddies go back to school. Some of us get only one chance :-)

Adding Philly doesn't seem fair now that the draw has started and they would subsequently add new summer dates.
    Here is my guess though...  really based on nothing but a gut feeling.  I think this fall/Winter they work on studio album, 2019 off, then 2020/2021 massive blowout world tour for 30th anniversary.  Again, just a wild guess.  But then hopefully theyd play a ton more NA shows.
    First - Chicago, Illinois (March 10, 1994) *
    In Between - Chicago (9), East Troy (4) Champaign (1), Noblesville (1), Moline (1)
    Last - Wrigley (August 20, 2016)
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    These ticket odds are fuckin with me head!  I had it all figured out then Bam Wrigley is falling like a stone!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    These ticket odds are fuckin with me head!  I had it all figured out then Bam Wrigley is falling like a stone!
    Right?! Here I thought Seattle be a higher demand!! 
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I'm happy they gave us the 2 week planning period.  Having them announce the shows and then have to buy the tickets within a week is stressful for me!  I have peeps to consult with and money to move around! It's a win win IMO.
    Yeah, I agree. Some people need that much time to rake together enough money to pay for the tix. Fans aren't all prepared with hundreds of dollars to immediately spare without a little planning or shifting priorities around or whatever. Having a few weeks to prepare for the ticket purchase is probably very helpful for some. Others are probably helped by the time because they need to give their employers some time to consider the needed time off. Not all bosses can answer that kind of thing in a day or a week.
    Exactly- cancelled a whole lot, picked up more work.  If only they allowed several forms of payments and I would've been golden!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,742
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Wonder if GA is bigger for Seattle though...
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I originally thought Seattle would be the big demand show. I wonder if the high hotel prices are scaring people off?

Over the last few weeks since news of the shows broke, it did seem noticeable that more people were saying they were going to to the Wrigley show(s) than Fenway, Seattle or Missoula.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    GA for Seattle is massive. If the setup at Wrigley is the same as it has been in the past, the Seattle GA section is much bigger.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    GA for Seattle is massive. If the setup at Wrigley is the same as it has been in the past, the Seattle GA section is much bigger.
    Ya I saw the seating chart but thought it may be a placeholder. We will see. 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 696
    I messed up my order.  Does anyone know if I will be able to re order right away if I cancel my order.  I'm kind of afraid to hit that cancel button but I want to increase my chances by picking GA and reserved for all three of the shows I want to attend.  Any help would be appreciated!!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    SM187650 said:
    I messed up my order.  Does anyone know if I will be able to re order right away if I cancel my order.  I'm kind of afraid to hit that cancel button but I want to increase my chances by picking GA and reserved for all three of the shows I want to attend.  Any help would be appreciated!!
    You can make changes until the lottery closes, so no worries deleting and re-entering.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    it's been well over a year since i have been on these boards. to see they are coming back to the east coast this year has gotten me pretty stoked. i put my entries in for fenway and i cannot wait to see if i won. fenway 2 in 2016 was the best show i have been to (to date), and one of the best weekends of my life! let's do this PJ! ❤
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    it's been well over a year since i have been on these boards. to see they are coming back to the east coast this year has gotten me pretty stoked. i put my entries in for fenway and i cannot wait to see if i won. fenway 2 in 2016 was the best show i have been to (to date), and one of the best weekends of my life! let's do this PJ! ❤
    Dude if I am remembering this correctly you were trying to get NAIS pretty bad! I remember thinking fuck ya he/she got when I was there!
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    PJNB said:
    Dude if I am remembering this correctly you were trying to get NAIS pretty bad! I remember thinking fuck ya he/she got when I was there!
    YES!!! that was me! :smiley: (she btw) i cried so hard haha, between NAIS and love reign it was definitely a night i'll never forget!
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    May I ask a dumbass question without getting flamed like an idiot. 
    My wife and I live in Charlotte, NC and I pulled the trigger on an AirBNB for the Saturday Chicago shows prior to the pre-sale.
    Basically, we're committed to Aug. 18th. 

GA Standing is at 47% and Reserved Seating is at 99%. 
    I know I can submit my 1st choice and 2nd choice and I know I'm only eligible for one set of tickets. 

My question is this.... if I submit my first choice as GA and I don't get it, are my odds still 99% for my 2nd choice, which is Reserved Seating for the same show. 

Feel free to begin laughing... now. 

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    My wife and I live in Charlotte, NC and I pulled the trigger on an AirBNB for the Saturday Chicago shows prior to the pre-sale.

I know I can submit my 1st choice and 2nd choice and I know I'm only eligible for one set of tickets. 

My question is this.... if I submit my first choice as GA and I don't get it, are my odds still 99% for my 2nd choice, which is Reserved Seating for the same show. 

People who have reserved as their first choice will get drawn first, and then people with it as second choice. The 99% accounts for all entry’s
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    Looks like Chicago night one GA is the front runner 
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options

People who have reserved as their first choice will get drawn first, and then people with it as second choice. The 99% accounts for all entry’s
    Thanks man.  Sorry... just nervous we won't get drawn.  The wife wants to be in GA as close as possible but that 47% makes me nervous. 
    I'm like a tab
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    that 47 is gonna be about 7 by the 12th
  • Options
    True.  Which makes me even MORE nervous that I should just make Reserved my 1st choice. 

I'm like a tab
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    True.  Which makes me even MORE nervous that I should just make Reserved my 1st choice. 

i think if you wanna take a shot at GA first, you should still be fine getting reserved 2nd if you miss out on GA.  
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    Can anyone help me understand what reserved seating will look like at Safeco? Are any of the reserved seats going to be decent or is it guaranteed too far from the stage as compared to GA? I usually get seats in the middle to lower section on Mike's side and feel like I'm really close, but I just can't visualize what these stadiums are going to feel like. I'm going to have to make sacrifices for months to pay for a trip to Seattle, and I'm still feeling hurt about Raleigh, so I'm just trying to suss things out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    How do the odds work if I only put 1 choice? Missoula General Admission. What does the 99% actually mean?
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    roostja said:
    How do the odds work if I only put 1 choice? Missoula General Admission. What does the 99% actually mean?
    You have a 99% chance of getting tickets