Ticket prices

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    I'm sure there is a price to securing fan club tickets and certainly at the amount that is being spoken about for this tour compared to 2016.

I hope that is the case. sure they had to literally pay the price to deal with the devil aka TicketBastard.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    tschav said:
    Times have changed, which sucks, because I can't load a freaking ticket on my pager.
    hahaha!

anyone seen Mike Damone?  he always scores great tix!

"Charles Jefferson for Earth, Wind and Fire  and little brother, I'll let you know when they come around".

Edit: I see Dan beat me to it.
    You owe me a Coke.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Disney on Ice is 115 per ticket for the front rows.   hahah
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I feel like 90s PJ fought for lower prices because a lot of fans couldn't afford all the fees and high ticket prices. Now I feel like they have completely disregarded the fact that they still have many young fans that still can't afford these prices (me included.)

I don't know, little bit of a let down to be honest. Means I'm gonna have to pick up an extra shift for the next 10 weeks in order to be able to afford it. I'll do it, but damn...
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,172
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    tschav said:
    Times have changed, which sucks, because I can't load a freaking ticket on my pager.
    hahaha!

"Charles Jefferson for Earth, Wind and Fire  and little brother, I'll let you know when they come around".

You owe me a Coke.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    Get_Right said:
    It cost me $600 for two tix to Paul McCartney. Even more for two tickets to see Kevin Durant play basketball for two hours. A lame version of the lion king is $199 per ticket. Get real people.

I agree that comparing the ticket prices to other acts or events is like comparing apples and oranges.  But when PJ charges 30+% more for tix to their own show than they did in 2016, its a big increase.  I fully expected to have to pay more for a pair of Ten Club tix this year than I did in 2016, but I did not expect it to be that much more.  Here's hoping this year's show will be 30% better! 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    rey said:
    Get_Right said:
    It cost me $600 for two tix to Paul McCartney. Even more for two tickets to see Kevin Durant play basketball for two hours. A lame version of the lion king is $199 per ticket. Get real people.

I agree that comparing the ticket prices to other acts or events is like comparing apples and oranges.  But when PJ charges 30+% more for tix to their own show than they did in 2016, its a big increase.  I fully expected to have to pay more for a pair of Ten Club tix this year than I did in 2016, but I did not expect it to be that much more.  Here's hoping this year's show will be 30% better! 
    Bingo. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 270
    I'm expecting 30% longer setlists.......40 songs here we come!
  • Reads11Reads11 Indiana Posts: 101
    Quick question, were the public on sale tickets the same last time or we're they cheaper depending on where you werr?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    wnh1977 said:
    These threads crack me up....
    Fans not admitting that this band is turning into late-era Rolling Stones cracks me up
    have you considered that after the bands pays out to everyone involved in putting on these shows out of the $ 247 how much do you think the band takes home ? , i too have been following the band since 94 but i as sure as hell didn't expect for prices to stay the same and it's still the cheapest ticket around compared to any sporting event specially here in the Northeast ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    tschav said:
    hahaha!

You owe me a Coke.

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,444
    You will never know the reason for the increase and it is still a relative bargain. Prices went up. PJ is still cheaper than most acts.  Move along. Its tacky to complain about the prices LOL.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    Poncier said:
    dankind said:
    Poncier said:
    tschav said:
    hahaha!

You owe me a Coke.

haha
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • They are also paying to rent these large venues for 3 days and playing two shows.  I have no idea what it cost to rent a baseball Stadium but it can't be cheap.
    Gorge
    They are also paying to rent these large venues for 3 days and playing two shows.  I have no idea what it cost to rent a baseball Stadium but it can't be cheap.
    Major League Baseball Stadiums not the Pawtucket Red Sox.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I am shocked at these ticket prices. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford it but what happened to being reasonable enough every fan could attend? I'm disappointed in this. I know, I know, if I don't like it I can not go so you others have a better chance. But PJ taught me to stand for something or fall for anything and I can not keep my mouth shut about this. And don't give me this "well, it's for charity". These band members don't need to jack prices up to be able to afford to donate. And if fans are that fortunate they can donate on their own, not through inflated ticket prices. I used to brag about how PJ treats their fans...
    I don;t like the idea of forcing people to donate to something. Yeah, it's a good cause I'm sure, but why force me to donate? Make a donation page next to the tickets or something.
  • wnh1977 said:
    These threads crack me up....
    Fans not admitting that this band is turning into late-era Rolling Stones cracks me up
    have you considered that after the bands pays out to everyone involved in putting on these shows out of the $ 247 how much do you think the band takes home ? , i too have been following the band since 94 but i as sure as hell didn't expect for prices to stay the same and it's still the cheapest ticket around compared to any sporting event specially here in the Northeast ....
    What's even worse is the Florida shows I attended were only $159 for a pair...
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 572
    edited February 2018
    Get_Right said:
    Hmmm.  Don't recall Paul McCartney saying, "Our band, which is determined to keep ticket prices low, will always be in conflict with Ticketmaster."  That was Stone Gossard.  Don't recall Kevin Durant saying he wouldn't play basketball if kids and young fans were priced out of going... or maybe you forget Ed saying they just wouldn't tour and would stick to putting out albums if tickets weren't kept affordable (back in the days they wanted total cost under $25).  When you get on your high horse and self-righteously claim that you'll always look out for the little guy because you, at one time, were the little guy, these dramatic price increases make you look a little silly.  

Nobody is saying prices shouldn't go up as the years go on.  And most agree that these are, at the very least, fair prices when compared to other large acts.  But the huge jumps over the past few years is what is alarming people.  And as somebody pointed out, throw in your $20 - $40 membership fee as part of the cost of doing business with PJ tours these days too.  It's their claim that they were different that starts to ring hollow.  I just wonder if they cringe with their sanctimonious statements from the 90's about being all about the little guy/average fans.  They weren't bashful about staking their claim to the moral high ground.  The videos and statements still exist.  I'm sure they can provide plenty of reasons for the change of tune... but they don't have to.  The fans that accept zero criticism of this band does it for them.
    Post edited by wnh1977 on
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Ouch...

"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Get_Right said:
    They are also paying to rent these large venues for 3 days and playing two shows.  I have no idea what it cost to rent a baseball Stadium but it can't be cheap.
    Major League Baseball Stadiums not the Pawtucket Red Sox.
    McCoy Stadium FTW!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • $245 for the drawing..... yay for being a member of Ten Club....
  • RyanTJay said:
    I find it strange that GA is the same as reserved. So at Wrigley I may pay the same price for shitty upper decks with my high number as someone in the front row with GA. Also last week I got 4 tickets for Elton John for $240,  $42.50 before fees per ticket and that's a huge world class tour....
    Elton John also has plenty of $225.00 tickets.  In fact, way way more of those than the $50.00 tickets you are talking about.  We can all cherry-pick our information to suit our narrative.  Did you want PJ to charge $225.00 for all the good seats so 10C members can subsidize selling the nose-bleeds to people for 50.00?  I don't.
    Gorge
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    wnh1977 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Hmmm.  Don't recall Paul McCartney saying, "Our band, which is determined to keep ticket prices low, will always be in conflict with Ticketmaster."  That was Stone Gossard.  Don't recall Kevin Durant saying he wouldn't play basketball if kids and young fans were priced out of going... or maybe you forget Ed saying they just wouldn't tour and would stick to putting out albums if tickets weren't kept reasonably priced (fyi, like under $25 in the mid-90's).  When you get on your high horse and self-righteously claim that you'll always look out for the little guy because you, at one time, were the little guy, these dramatic price increases make you look a little silly.  

Nobody is saying prices shouldn't go up as the years go on, but the huge jumps over the past few years is what is alarming people.  And as somebody pointed out, throw in your $20 - $40 membership fee as part of the cost of doing business with PJ tours these days too.
    Alarming really ? boy oh boy 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • kcaudle29 said:
    $245 for the drawing..... yay for being a member of Ten Club....
    First post is a double post!  Congrats on that!
    wnh1977 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Hmmm.  Don't recall Paul McCartney saying, "Our band, which is determined to keep ticket prices low, will always be in conflict with Ticketmaster."  That was Stone Gossard.  Don't recall Kevin Durant saying he wouldn't play basketball if kids and young fans were priced out of going... or maybe you forget Ed saying they just wouldn't tour and would stick to putting out albums if tickets weren't kept reasonably priced (fyi, like under $25 in the mid-90's).  When you get on your high horse and self-righteously claim that you'll always look out for the little guy because you, at one time, were the little guy, these dramatic price increases make you look a little silly.  

Nobody is saying prices shouldn't go up as the years go on, but the huge jumps over the past few years is what is alarming people.  And as somebody pointed out, throw in your $20 - $40 membership fee as part of the cost of doing business with PJ tours these days too.
    Gee, thanks for catching that.  Picking out one word from that... way to go!  Maybe I should've said it's "suprising" people.  Thanks josevolution.  You've been upgraded to captain!
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • wnh1977 said:
    wnh1977 said:
    Get_Right said:

Gee, thanks for catching that.  Picking out one word from that... way to go!  Maybe I should've said it's "suprising" people.  Thanks josevolution.  You've been upgraded to captain!
    I want to be a captain and steer the ship!!!!
    They sold out to Ticketmaster a long time ago. 1998 to be precise.  I know $250 is a lot in Iowa dollars so I hope you can make it. You see, by not charging $300 a ticket they are somewhat reaming true to their ideals despite the huge change in the music industry, ticket monopolies, technology etc. I have no doubt the band takes prices into consideration.
    wnh1977 said:
    wnh1977 said:
    Get_Right said:

I want to be a captain and steer the ship!!!!
    You're just an ordinary seaman  ;)