*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    You see the stare that Westbrook gave Embiid at the end of the game?

Westbrook is going to torch him next time they meet.  That will be fun to watch!
    When he was scurrying over to his locker room while Embiid was walking to mid court to shake hands with Westbrooks' teammates?
    Yeah, saw that. Real tough guy.
    I didn't see that?  I did see him give a post game interview right by his bench so I never saw him scurry to the locker room?

As soon as the clock expired, as everyone else was coming to mid court to shake hands, he turns and quickly walks back to his bench (thought he was headed to locker room) and then turns and continues to stare as he's walking away. Embiid is kind of laughing at him as he's being a good sport and shaking hands. Not a good look for Westbrook for sure.
    He's been known to not shake hands before and I know he doesn't care for the sixers much, lol.

Westbrook doesn't run from much.  He's a different breed.  I don't think he'd fair very well one on one with embiid though.

Just looked like a bitch move to me...quite the opposite of how he looked as the clock was expiring.

Shaking hands like a gentleman once the game is over shouldn't be that hard. Set's a good example.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • You see the stare that Westbrook gave Embiid at the end of the game?

Westbrook is going to torch him next time they meet.  That will be fun to watch!
    When he was scurrying over to his locker room while Embiid was walking to mid court to shake hands with Westbrooks' teammates?
    I didn't see that?  I did see him give a post game interview right by his bench so I never saw him scurry to the locker room?

As soon as the clock expired, as everyone else was coming to mid court to shake hands, he turns and quickly walks back to his bench (thought he was headed to locker room) and then turns and continues to stare as he's walking away. Embiid is kind of laughing at him as he's being a good sport and shaking hands. Not a good look for Westbrook for sure.
    He's been known to not shake hands before and I know he doesn't care for the sixers much, lol.

Westbrook doesn't run from much.  He's a different breed.  I don't think he'd fair very well one on one with embiid though.

Just looked like a bitch move to me...quite the opposite of how he looked as the clock was expiring.

Shaking hands like a gentleman once the game is over shouldn't be that hard. Set's a good example.

You watch enough ball to know that Westbrook is anything but a bitch.  Like I said he does have bad moments of unsportsmanlike and wont shake hands.  He is a repeat offender of that. 
    You see the stare that Westbrook gave Embiid at the end of the game?

You watch enough ball to know that Westbrook is anything but a bitch.  Like I said he does have bad moments of unsportsmanlike and wont shake hands.  He is a repeat offender of that. 

That's how he came off.

Big tough guy stare, while Embiid's on the bench. Then as soon as the clock hits zero and Embiid walks toward mid court, he storms off in the opposite direction.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Huge fan of Embiid, but he is gonna get absolutely rocked one of these days

You think? He's joking with everyone he plays against immediately after the games end. Westbrook and Hassan Whiteside, to an extent, are the only one's I can think of who take him too seriously.
    chinese-happy.jpg

^

Regarding Whiteside, taking the wife to the Heat game Friday. Should be a good match up.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

You think? He's joking with everyone he plays against immediately after the games end. Westbrook and Hassan Whiteside, to an extent, are the only one's I can think of who take him too seriously.
    Without a doubt.  This act will wear thin on someone at some point and in the heat of a game, boom.  I enjoy the hell out of him, but there has to be players that he is annoying big time.

Without a doubt.  This act will wear thin on someone at some point and in the heat of a game, boom.  I enjoy the hell out of him, but there has to be players that he is annoying big time.
    You might be right.....and then Embiid will sink the technical foul shot and laugh at the guy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126

You might be right.....and then Embiid will sink the technical foul shot and laugh at the guy.
    Embiid is exactly what the NBA needs, a guy who will call other teams out, but has some personality and humour with it.  I love watching him play.

A small part of me admires Westrbrook's passion and fury, but he need to know when to turn it off. This is sport not war, and once the game ticks over you can show some respect to the opposition. I don't expect players to be laughing with each other after games, but a simple acknowledgement at the end of the game is sportsmanlike. I know not all players shake hands after the game, but they don't carry on like Westbrook after a game either. Even in post game pressers he doesn't switch off the angry man vibe.  He is one of my least fav players in the league and whilst I respect that he is a great athlete and talented, he's not in the same category as the absolute top players.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
    You can’t lose to the Nets like that 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Bad loss. Roco has disappeared. He's not even ready to catch passes on the perimeter. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Bad loss. Roco has disappeared. He's not even ready to catch passes on the perimeter. 

He's been off for a while. That game frustrated the hell of me last night...and not entirely because I had them at -7.5.

Trade dealing coming up.....saw some Tyreke Evans rumor the other day.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I don't like trusting Colangelo. Has he made one move to improve the team yet?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Hope they don't trade for Evans. He's having a good bounce back year, but he plays best with the ball in his hands and whilst he is having a reasonable shooting year (especially earlier in the year), I think it would be a panic move by the 76ers. Keep trusting "The Process" and their time will come

edited February 2018
    JK_Livin said:
    I don't like trusting Colangelo. Has he made one move to improve the team yet?

I don't trust him a whole lot either but it's not all bad. He definitely handled the Jah and Nerlens situation about as bad as could be expected....but the Covington contract is really good and getting JJ here on a one year deal was smart. And I'm not giving up on Fultz yet so too soon to judge that trade.

Agree with No Coder---Evans isn't the best fit and it would cost a lot and he's a rental. They're not a team who needs "rentals" yet.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • I talked a lot of shit about the 76ers.

Saw Embiid go up to every ref before the game and say hello.

Watched the 76ers torch the injury ridden Wizards last night but the team is coming along nicely.

Now I just hope that the team gets even better because they will be even more fun to watch.

I still don't trust the damn process but it's passing the eye test right now.  I'll be rooting for them now.

I talked a lot of shit about the 76ers.

Watched the 76ers torch the injury ridden Wizards last night but the team is coming along nicely.

Now I just hope that the team gets even better because they will be even more fun to watch.

I still don't trust the damn process but it's passing the eye test right now.  I'll be rooting for them now.

Imagine how much better they’d be if the top pick in the draft didn’t forget how to shoot?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    I talked a lot of shit about the 76ers.

Imagine how much better they’d be if the top pick in the draft didn’t forget how to shoot?
    I saw some videos of Fultz shooting from the FL yesterday, and man was it UGLY.
    Surely Ben has a shot at an All Star spot now with the Unicorn out.....

I'm sure were all shocked about this:

76ers don't know if Fultz will return this season, still limited in workouts

by John Chick 2h ago
    Jesse D. Garrabrant / National Basketball Association / Getty

If Philadelphia 76ers fans were hoping for more definitive news on Markelle Fultz's progress Friday, they didn't get it.

"There's always a chance that he's going to be out there soon, and there's a chance that he's not going to play this year," general manager Bryan Colangelo said, according to The Athletic's Derek Bodner. "I can't answer that question because we don't know the answer."

Colangelo offered no cutoff date for shutting down the No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft, but did say that Fultz is still limited to shooting from the paint.

"Paint shots. Perimeter shots are where you kind of draw a line," Colangelo said, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Keith Pompey.

Fultz has been sidelined with an injury to his right shooting shoulder since late October. In four NBA games before that, he scored a total of 24 points on 9-of-27 shooting.

The Fultz situation has added an ongoing saga to a mostly positive Sixers season, with the team looking to snap its six-year postseason drought. Fultz, however, has already outdone teammates and previous first-round picks Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons by actually playing games in his rookie year.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    carrying the momentum from the eagles game i see tonight.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    nice win last night against the Clippers as well.  3rd spot to about the 9th spot is pretty close (separated by about 5 games). 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    nice win last night against the Clippers as well.  3rd spot to about the 9th spot is pretty close (separated by about 5 games). 
    Only 1 back, in the loss column, of the 4th seed. They've played one of the toughest schedules so far and have one of the easiest remaining.

Belinelli is a decent pick up. Slightly better version of Bayless to help the bench out. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Triple double for TIMOTHY JOHN

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I haven't really read much about it and have just seen headlines, but what the fuck is going on with Fultz??  The guy has the yips and forgot how to shoot??  Bizarre.
    I haven't really read much about it and have just seen headlines, but what the fuck is going on with Fultz??  The guy has the yips and forgot how to shoot??  Bizarre.
    It is the damndest thing. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Triple double for TIMOTHY JOHN

heard that was the 25th time in nba history a bench player had a triple double.  miami up next. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    This whole goddamn thing is a mess. I don't understand why you would mess with your form when it hasn't let you down....

Athletic article - https://theathletic.com/238687/2018/02/13/sources-markelle-fultz-significantly-altered-his-jump-shot-over-the-summer/

Get a subscription, but here....

"Sources: Markelle Fultz significantly altered his jump shot over the summer
    Derek Bodner 20 hours ago

Markelle Fultz and his longtime trainer, confidant and family friend, Keith Williams, made significant alterations to his shooting form in the months leading up to the start of the Sixers' season, according to multiple sources who spoke to The Athletic on the condition of anonymity.

These changes were described as an effort to quicken his shot, shorten the dip in his shooting mechanics and bring his set point over to the right side of his body, according to sources with knowledge of the changes Fultz made over the summer.

The early stages of these changes were evident by the time Fultz began working out for teams leading up to the draft last June, according to a source who spoke to The Athletic and was privy to these workouts. The changes became more pronounced by the time Fultz arrived at training camp in September.

Fultz and Williams returned to the gym at the conclusion of the Las Vegas Summer League in July, where they continued working to alter the former Washington guard's jumper through the beginning of September, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

When Fultz returned to the team in the middle of September his lack of confidence in his new jump shot was immediately apparent, according to multiple sources. The team's efforts to revert Fultz back to the shooting form he showed at Washington began almost immediately.

Fultz, 19, averaged 23.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game at Washington, shooting 47.6 percent from the field and 41.3 percent on 126 three-point attempts during his only season in college, firmly establishing himself as the consensus top prospect in the NBA draft.

Williams has been a close friend of the Fultz family for years, transcending the typical trainer/student dynamic in ways that far more resemble a mentor and father figure. He helped Fultz develop into being the top recruit in the nation, and has been an important part of Fultz's life outside of basketball for years.

Williams is no stranger to grooming NBA prospects, having worked extensively with the likes of DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant, Lonny Baxter, Marcus Thornton and many more. Reached by The Athletic, Williams denied having made significant changes to Fultz's shot since he left Washington. Williams does acknowledge they have worked on what he said were a few minor alterations, including limiting the dip at the beginning of his shooting motion.

Williams declined to comment further. The Sixers declined to comment for this article.

The Sixers traded up to the top overall selection in last year's draft to select Fultz, giving up the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 draft and a future first-round pick to Boston to do so. The outstanding pick still owed by the Sixers will be the Lakers' 2018 selection if it falls between No. 2 overall and No. 5 overall following May's lottery. If it doesn't convey this year, the Sixers will instead send the better of the 2019 Kings or Sixers first-round pick as long as the better pick doesn't become the No. 1 overall selection. If the better pick does land in the top spot, Boston will receive the lesser of the two picks.

Those who spoke to The Athletic indicated these shot alterations were changes Fultz had been working on for quite a bit of time, not something he was forced to make in response to the shoulder soreness and scapular muscle imbalance in the shoulder that would first be revealed months after the initial efforts by Fultz and Williams began.

The first indication that there was a problem with Fultz's shoulder came on October 5, when the rookie guard sat out of practice. He would miss the preseason game against the Boston Celtics the following night, and in all he would miss three of the final four preseason games because of a combination of shoulder and knee soreness, according to injury reports released by the team.

Fultz would return for the regular-season opener, playing four ineffective games before eventually being shut down on October 25. Fultz averaged 6.0 points and 1.8 assists per game before being shut down, shooting just 33.3 percent from the field and making just 6 of his 12 free-throw attempts, and without a long distance shot to his credit.

Fultz's stint on the bench started when his agent, Raymond Brothers, revealed on October 25 that Fultz had received a cortisone shot back on October 5. Brothers stated that Fultz “literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball” as part of that ESPN report. League sources confirmed to The Athletic that Fultz continued to shoot jumpers after Brothers' statement in an effort to regain his past form, as first reported as part of an extensive report by Philly Voice.

Later that day, both president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo and head coach Brett Brown separately discussed the Sixers' plans going forward with Fultz and his sore shoulder.

“Sometime during the month of August, he might have worked on his shot a little bit. [It] could even be the cause of the irritation and inflammation in the shoulder,” Colangelo said on October 25 about Fultz. “New shooting mechanics sometimes puts your shoulder in a different position.”

Colangelo would later walk that back a little bit, stating the Sixers weren't sure if the changed mechanics were in response to, or the cause of, the soreness Fultz was experiencing in his shoulder.

“Whatever the case, whichever happened first, he's dealing with soreness and nothing more,” Colangelo said at the time regarding Fultz's shoulder.

“There is zero doubt that Markelle, in the goodness in his heart, in trying to do the right thing, tried to readjust his shot,” Brown said prior to Sixers' game against the Houston Rockets, pointing to an uncommon gather and rise-up that occasionally leads to a set-point further left than is typical. “He has historically been a left hip guy. And on his own he decided, with some help, to be able to try to improve it.”

Brown reiterated later in the interview that Fultz's change was intentional. “He came back over the summer with that [change] and that was just something he was into doing, and we wanted to help promote that. He spent a lot of time doing that,” Brown said.

However, in the intervening time the focus shifted to the scapular muscle imbalance as being the possible cause of Fultz's change in mechanics.

While the prevailing belief is that the scapular muscle imbalance Fultz was diagnosed with on October 29 has likely played a role in Fultz's struggles to return to form, multiple sources with knowledge of Fultz's offseason workouts described the mechanical changes in his jump shot as significant and intentional, leaving the Sixers' rookie guard unprepared to play at the start of training camp.

Following last week's trade deadline, Colangelo acknowledged that there's a possibility Fultz might not return this season.

“There's always a chance that he's going to be out there soon, and there's a chance that he's not going to play this year,” Colangelo said, having described Fultz's current shooting range as being restricted to within the paint. “We hope to see him this year. If not, we will wait until he's ready to participate and help, and put him in a position to succeed.”

Regardless of how the situation got to this point, it has certainly been one of the stranger NBA rookie seasons. For a 19-year-old whose entire life has been centered around basketball, and subjected to scrutiny few can imagine, it's also likely been one of the more trying periods in a lifelong dedication to the sport."

edited February 2018
    ^^^^THANKS FOR THE ARTICLE.^^^

I agree: this is a MESS. I can't recall this happening to a basketball player before. Maybe a player was mind-fucked shooting FT"s, but not just shooting/playing the game of basketball. I've seen  MLB pitchers who would just loose it, but not Basketball players.
  • This whole goddamn thing is a mess. I don't understand why you would mess with your form when it hasn't let you down....

Athletic article - https://theathletic.com/238687/2018/02/13/sources-markelle-fultz-significantly-altered-his-jump-shot-over-the-summer/

Get a subscription, but here....

"Sources: Markelle Fultz significantly altered his jump shot over the summer
    Derek Bodner 20 hours ago

Markelle Fultz and his longtime trainer, confidant and family friend, Keith Williams, made significant alterations to his shooting form in the months leading up to the start of the Sixers' season, according to multiple sources who spoke to The Athletic on the condition of anonymity.

These changes were described as an effort to quicken his shot, shorten the dip in his shooting mechanics and bring his set point over to the right side of his body, according to sources with knowledge of the changes Fultz made over the summer.

The early stages of these changes were evident by the time Fultz began working out for teams leading up to the draft last June, according to a source who spoke to The Athletic and was privy to these workouts. The changes became more pronounced by the time Fultz arrived at training camp in September.

Fultz and Williams returned to the gym at the conclusion of the Las Vegas Summer League in July, where they continued working to alter the former Washington guard's jumper through the beginning of September, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

When Fultz returned to the team in the middle of September his lack of confidence in his new jump shot was immediately apparent, according to multiple sources. The team's efforts to revert Fultz back to the shooting form he showed at Washington began almost immediately.

Fultz, 19, averaged 23.2 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.9 assists per game at Washington, shooting 47.6 percent from the field and 41.3 percent on 126 three-point attempts during his only season in college, firmly establishing himself as the consensus top prospect in the NBA draft.

Williams has been a close friend of the Fultz family for years, transcending the typical trainer/student dynamic in ways that far more resemble a mentor and father figure. He helped Fultz develop into being the top recruit in the nation, and has been an important part of Fultz's life outside of basketball for years.

Williams is no stranger to grooming NBA prospects, having worked extensively with the likes of DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Durant, Lonny Baxter, Marcus Thornton and many more. Reached by The Athletic, Williams denied having made significant changes to Fultz's shot since he left Washington. Williams does acknowledge they have worked on what he said were a few minor alterations, including limiting the dip at the beginning of his shooting motion.

Williams declined to comment further. The Sixers declined to comment for this article.

The Sixers traded up to the top overall selection in last year's draft to select Fultz, giving up the No. 3 overall pick in the 2017 draft and a future first-round pick to Boston to do so. The outstanding pick still owed by the Sixers will be the Lakers' 2018 selection if it falls between No. 2 overall and No. 5 overall following May's lottery. If it doesn't convey this year, the Sixers will instead send the better of the 2019 Kings or Sixers first-round pick as long as the better pick doesn't become the No. 1 overall selection. If the better pick does land in the top spot, Boston will receive the lesser of the two picks.

Those who spoke to The Athletic indicated these shot alterations were changes Fultz had been working on for quite a bit of time, not something he was forced to make in response to the shoulder soreness and scapular muscle imbalance in the shoulder that would first be revealed months after the initial efforts by Fultz and Williams began.

The first indication that there was a problem with Fultz's shoulder came on October 5, when the rookie guard sat out of practice. He would miss the preseason game against the Boston Celtics the following night, and in all he would miss three of the final four preseason games because of a combination of shoulder and knee soreness, according to injury reports released by the team.

Fultz would return for the regular-season opener, playing four ineffective games before eventually being shut down on October 25. Fultz averaged 6.0 points and 1.8 assists per game before being shut down, shooting just 33.3 percent from the field and making just 6 of his 12 free-throw attempts, and without a long distance shot to his credit.

Fultz's stint on the bench started when his agent, Raymond Brothers, revealed on October 25 that Fultz had received a cortisone shot back on October 5. Brothers stated that Fultz “literally cannot raise up his arms to shoot the basketball” as part of that ESPN report. League sources confirmed to The Athletic that Fultz continued to shoot jumpers after Brothers' statement in an effort to regain his past form, as first reported as part of an extensive report by Philly Voice.

Later that day, both president of basketball operations Bryan Colangelo and head coach Brett Brown separately discussed the Sixers' plans going forward with Fultz and his sore shoulder.

“Sometime during the month of August, he might have worked on his shot a little bit. [It] could even be the cause of the irritation and inflammation in the shoulder,” Colangelo said on October 25 about Fultz. “New shooting mechanics sometimes puts your shoulder in a different position.”

Colangelo would later walk that back a little bit, stating the Sixers weren't sure if the changed mechanics were in response to, or the cause of, the soreness Fultz was experiencing in his shoulder.

“Whatever the case, whichever happened first, he's dealing with soreness and nothing more,” Colangelo said at the time regarding Fultz's shoulder.

“There is zero doubt that Markelle, in the goodness in his heart, in trying to do the right thing, tried to readjust his shot,” Brown said prior to Sixers' game against the Houston Rockets, pointing to an uncommon gather and rise-up that occasionally leads to a set-point further left than is typical. “He has historically been a left hip guy. And on his own he decided, with some help, to be able to try to improve it.”

Brown reiterated later in the interview that Fultz's change was intentional. “He came back over the summer with that [change] and that was just something he was into doing, and we wanted to help promote that. He spent a lot of time doing that,” Brown said.

However, in the intervening time the focus shifted to the scapular muscle imbalance as being the possible cause of Fultz's change in mechanics.

While the prevailing belief is that the scapular muscle imbalance Fultz was diagnosed with on October 29 has likely played a role in Fultz's struggles to return to form, multiple sources with knowledge of Fultz's offseason workouts described the mechanical changes in his jump shot as significant and intentional, leaving the Sixers' rookie guard unprepared to play at the start of training camp.

Following last week's trade deadline, Colangelo acknowledged that there's a possibility Fultz might not return this season.

“There's always a chance that he's going to be out there soon, and there's a chance that he's not going to play this year,” Colangelo said, having described Fultz's current shooting range as being restricted to within the paint. “We hope to see him this year. If not, we will wait until he's ready to participate and help, and put him in a position to succeed.”

Regardless of how the situation got to this point, it has certainly been one of the stranger NBA rookie seasons. For a 19-year-old whose entire life has been centered around basketball, and subjected to scrutiny few can imagine, it's also likely been one of the more trying periods in a lifelong dedication to the sport."

Anybody ever think that it's just in his head?

Wohlers and Knoblauch, both baseball players, lost the ability to throw the baseball.

It is weird but it could be happening to Fultz?