• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    The Cloverfield Paradox

Wow, was this mediocre at best. And that ending.... :lol:
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Coco - It was fun and emotional  :) interesting to get a view into Mexican culture also. I didn’t know so much about the “day of the dead before” :)
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    The Revenant....................again!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Wonder Woman - Finally got around to seeing it, didn't think it was too bad
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited February 2018
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    The Cloverfield Paradox

I found it pretty entertaining. It is getting skewered by the critics though. Definitely not as good as 10 Cloverfield Lane, but not bad either. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    BLACK35 said:
    Wonder Woman - Finally got around to seeing it, didn't think it was too bad
    I really enjoyed it! It was better than I expected. 
  • Let It Ride
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Where The Green Ants Dream (1984)
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • The Revenant....................again!!!
    Great movie :plus_one:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    The Darkest Hour... it was good
  • #420Dabz#420Dabz uSATx Posts: 33
    My first time watching The Warriors
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    47 Meters Down.........meh!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    #420Dabz said:
    A great flick
    First time I saw it was in a theater in NYC when it was first in the theaters.
    It was an awesome time
    #420Dabz said:
    Come out and Plaaaaaay!!!!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited February 2018
    The Cloverfield Paradox

Haha, yeah, the ending! I actually really wished that the movie started at the end. :lol: It's an okay movie. At the very beginning of it I thought wow, this is really dumb because a few things right away just seem illogical. But it got better after that. Interesting enough I suppose. But again, I really wish it was just about what's happening down on Earth, given the ending. It's like they made a whole movie just to explain how a really exciting story began.
    So what's the deal with these Cloverfield movies anyway? I understand the obvious loose connection, but why are they even doing it? Is there supposed to be some "bigger picture" or what? Are we working our way to viewing each movie as a different dimension maybe? Because they all seem to exist completely separate from one another, like each of them completely ignores the existence of the other story lines, but seem kind of linked too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Hacksaw Ridge

Bloody amazing. Please remember and learn about Private Desmond Doss, a truly exceptional human being
    edited February 2018
    Hacksaw Ridge

Bloody amazing. Please remember and learn about Private Desmond Doss, a truly exceptional human being
    For sure. That movie became especially good at the very end when they really made it real with the interviews. I did feel like some parts of this movie and the acting were a little too melodramatic at times, but still, great story.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited February 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Cloverfield Paradox

Haha, yeah, the ending! I actually really wished that the movie started at the end. :lol: It's an okay movie. At the very beginning of it I thought wow, this is really dumb because a few things right away just seem illogical. But it got better after that. Interesting enough I suppose. But again, I really wish it was just about what's happening down on Earth, given the ending. It's like they made a whole movie just to explain how a really exciting story began.
    So what's the deal with these Cloverfield movies anyway? I understand the obvious loose connection, but why are they even doing it? Is there supposed to be some "bigger picture" or what? Are we working our way to viewing each movie as a different dimension maybe? Because they all seem to exist completely separate from one another, like each of them completely ignores the existence of the other story lines, but seem kind of linked too.
    From what I got, the space station accident opened up  a portal with different dimensions, with all different timelines.
    The events of Cloverfield take place at a different time/earth than the events of Cloverfied Lane as well as Paradox
    The Monsters/Earths were all different.
    The next movie is supposed to show events happening back in time in Nazi Germany in the 40's, triggered by the future events of the space station accident.
  • Legends of the Fall...incredible
    Central Park 15

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Drag Me to Hell
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Above and Beyond.  Fascinating documentary about American WWII veteran pilots who flew fighter planes for Israel in the 1948 Arab-Israeli war. 

Like any historical view of that middle-east area and the ongoing conflict, it left me wishing for some kind of resolution to the now 70 year struggle between Palestine and Israel.  If wishes were horses... 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• dankind said:
    Drag Me to Hell

A fun movie.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Hacksaw Ridge

Great movie, just watched for 2nd time the other night, truly an amazing story
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Cloverfield Paradox

From what I got, the space station accident opened up  a portal with different dimensions, with all different timelines.
    The events of Cloverfield take place at a different time/earth than the events of Cloverfied Lane as well as Paradox
    The next movie is supposed to show events happening back in time in Nazi Germany in the 40's, triggered by the future events of the space station accident.
    Yeah, I thought perhaps this movie explained it with the different dimensions, but I don't know if that was their intention or not, that's all. But from what you say about the 4th one, obviously it is... And that plot sounds pretty good, if they do it right!
    The Book Thief
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Birdman. I liked it a lot the first time I watched it a couple of years ago, but I really loved it upon a second viewing, only time in recent memory that the Oscars got it right for best picture in my opinion. 

PJ_Soul said:
    The Cloverfield Paradox

You know they kind of made a very interesting and smart move with this franchise, I’ve only personally seen Cloverfield Lane yet I would feel no obligation to see either of the other 2 if I want to go see this WWII one someday. By making each one in a different universe they can fuck up as many as they want and just start from scratch with a new one, people can just ignore whichever ones they want to and go see whichever ones they want to. 
    Perrier's Bounty

Pure craic! Amazing cast of the best Ireland has to offer :smile: