Options

I pulled off the most amazing fantasy trade last night...

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I traded...

Willie Parker
Steve Smith
Jon Kitna

for

Bernard Berrian
Kevin Jones
Tony Romo

It's a blockbuster.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Were they stupid.....compeletly out of the running or drunk????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    tybird wrote:
    Were they stupid.....compeletly out of the running or drunk????

Drunk. The team actually took first place this week. But also they said they needed a RB. They have Portis and McGahee though so whatever.
  • Options
    I would have NEVER made that trade...

The points that Parker and Smith give you crush whatever Berrian and Jones would contribute, making the gap between Romo and Kitna pretty much non-existent. I mean the Lions rushed for -18 last week and nobody can throw the ball in Chicago.

Unless you already had your RBs and WRs set and you were benching Parker and Smith and this was strictly for Romo. It just seems like a lot to give up, but depending on how your scoring is set them maybe it makes sense.
  • Options
    I would have NEVER made that trade...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was questioning that move. The only upgrade is Romo, and having to give up Parker and Steve Smith to get him isn't worth it, IMO.

What does the rest of your roster look like?
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    ya that is a horrible deal. you ripped yourself off. i would have laughed at someone if they offered me that for parker and smith. i hope you were drunk.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    Few things...

- My first RB is LT.

- Who is going to throw the ball to Smith in Carolina the rest of the season? Testaverde? Davir Carr? Ha. Check his stats for the last 3 games.

- Romo has the most points in my league second only to Tom Brady. Kitna should have been better, but he still sucks.

- Also the lack of TD's from Parker is troublesome.
  • Options
    without knowing the rest of your roster, this trade doesn't look like anything special. Granted, a team's needs/surplus can make just about any trade look good... If you had depth at RB and needed a QB, then it's a good trade... if you are taking a loss at RB for this (and have a decent QB), then not such a great trade.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Oh and the other team I traded Kitna to has no other QBs.
  • Options
    Few things...

- My first RB is LT.

- Who is going to throw the ball to Smith in Carolina the rest of the season? Testaverde? Davir Carr? Ha. Check his stats for the last 3 games.

- Romo has the most points in my league second only to Tom Brady. Kitna should have been better, but he still sucks.

- Also the lack of TD's from Parker is troublesome.
    that's still a horrible deal. kevin jones is a free agent in a lot of leagues. who the hell is gonna throw to berrian? parker could potentially win the rushing title. honestly, thats one of the worst deals ive ever seen. almost as bad as bush for manning (peyton) in one of my keeper leagues.
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

• Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    that's still a horrible deal. kevin jones is a free agent in a lot of leagues. who the hell is gonna throw to berrian? parker could potentially win the rushing title. honestly, thats one of the worst deals ive ever seen. almost as bad as bush for manning (peyton) in one of my keeper leagues.

Kevin Jones free agent? ok. This isn't a keeper league. The season is half way over. I'm 4-6 and this team who I just made the deal with is 7-3. I needed a high scoring QB and the deadline ends on Friday. As this point in the season, Berrian is just as effective as Smith. You can't be a good WR is you dont have a decent QB throwing you the ball. Grossman and Griese aren't great, but I'll take that over Testaverde anyday of the week.
  • Options
    Kevin Jones free agent? ok. This isn't a keeper league. The season is half way over. I'm 4-6 and this team who I just made the deal with is 7-3. I needed a high scoring QB and the deadline ends on Friday. As this point in the season, Berrian is just as effective as Smith. You can't be a good WR is you dont have a decent QB throwing you the ball. Grossman and Griese aren't great, but I'll take that over Testaverde anyday of the week.
    i know it's not a keeper league. yes every non keeper league i'm in he is/was a free agent until a week ago. berrian is not as effective as smith, nowhere near. carolina with any qb on their roster is more effective than griese or grossman in chicago. if you would've dove maybe romo and berrian for kitna and smith, i'd probably be ok with that, not crazy about it but it's pretty much justifiable. jones for parker? no way.

• Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    i know it's not a keeper league. yes every non keeper league i'm in he is/was a free agent until a week ago. berrian is not as effective as smith, nowhere near. carolina with any qb on their roster is more effective than griese or grossman in chicago. if you would've dove maybe romo and berrian for kitna and smith, i'd probably be ok with that, not crazy about it but it's pretty much justifiable. jones for parker? no way.

Like I said, this was mainly for Romo. I needed a QB, and Parker has been decent but he doesn't get ANY touchdowns. He has 2 on the year. Romo is fucking brillant though. And lie I said my other RB is LT so hopefully has has a big game here and there down the line.
  • Options
    Like I said, this was mainly for Romo. I needed a QB, and Parker has been decent but he doesn't get ANY touchdowns. He has 2 on the year. Romo is fucking brillant though. And lie I said my other RB is LT so hopefully has has a big game here and there down the line.

ok.... not bad then (in my opinion)... you are 4-6 and need to shake things up in the lockerroom :)

10 billion people have fantasy teams, and we all think that we have the right answers lol... I have a bad team, but somehow I am 6-4 and leading my division...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    ok.... not bad then (in my opinion)... you are 4-6 and need to shake things up in the lockerroom :)

10 billion people have fantasy teams, and we all think that we have the right answers lol... I have a bad team, but somehow I am 6-4 and leading my division...

I needed to do something. When I drafted I thought I was going to dominate. But the locker room just can't co-exist with two number 1 RBs. So now I have a real starting QB to add some depth to my team. After the trade goes through, my team will look like this:

QB: Romo
    RB: LT
    RB: Kevin Jones
    WR: Brenden Marshall
    WR: Greg Jennings
    WR: Dwayne Bowe
    T/E: Chris Cooley
    W/R: Bernard Berrian

BENCH:
    Jason Campbell
    Ryan Grant
    Ron Dayne
    Andre Davis
    Michael Turner
    Najeh Davenport

I dunno though...for week 11 I may change up my flex position.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    My last trade worked out well this week. I traded Reggie Bush and Todd Heap 2 weeks ago for Donald Lee and T.O.

Then I traded the NE defense for Chester Taylor on Friday.

I enjoyed the 9 TD's those guys produced this week :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    And I lost by .4 pts!!!!!!

185.81 to 185.41 :mad:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    i like to think i pulled off one of the greatest fantasy trades ever.

after the 4th game of the season i traded Romo, Brandon Marshall, Travis Henry for LT, Reggie Wayne, Phillip Rivers.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    I traded...

Willie Parker
    Steve Smith
    Jon Kitna

for

Bernard Berrian
    Kevin Jones
    Tony Romo

It's a blockbuster.

Jones sucks, have had him for a few weeks and gotten zilch from him, at least you got the TD machine, Eastern IL's very own Tony Romo

by the way my fantasy team is named Orton's neckbeard!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Talk about  a one-sided trade, geez 
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?