what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    My mother. She passed away recently and I'm sad, but at the same time relieved since she wasn't well.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    bluegrace said:
    My mother. She passed away recently and I'm sad, but at the same time relieved since she wasn't well.
    My condolences, bluegrace. 
    ELITIST FUK
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    bluegrace said:

I'm so sorry for your loss bluegrace! 
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Going back to work for the first time in a year.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Going back to work for the first time in a year.
    Good luck! You’ll do great. :hug:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    How nice that toast with peanut butter and honey was.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    I am being overloaded with cuteness today! I woke up to both of my boys already up and getting ready for school. Then my 7 y.o. told me how he loves math and he “can solve the equations so fast!” Meanwhile, I’m hearing my 9 y.o. daughter’s singing softly echoing throughout the house like that scene where Snow White’s voice echoes from the well. I come downstairs to find that she got up early and was making their lunches!! I have no idea whose children these are, but I’m keeping them!
    Then Marshall came along for the ride to school and so badly wanted to go in too. 
    So freakin’ cute!!! :heart:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I loved John Mahoney in Say Anything, not to mention Frasier.

Seemed like a good and decent guy.

RIP.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I am being overloaded with cuteness today! I woke up to both of my boys already up and getting ready for school. Then my 7 y.o. told me how he loves math and he “can solve the equations so fast!” Meanwhile, I’m hearing my 9 y.o. daughter’s singing softly echoing throughout the house like that scene where Snow White’s voice echoes from the well. I come downstairs to find that she got up early and was making their lunches!! I have no idea whose children these are, but I’m keeping them!
    Then Marshall came along for the ride to school and so badly wanted to go in too. 
    So freakin’ cute!!! :heart:
    great to hear that your day started off this awesome. mine was similar to this. it makes all the difference in the world. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• My mind!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    bluegrace said:
    Jag beklagar sorgen. 
    Which designer label shirt I should buy online.
    Givenchy? 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hi guys! It's been awhile.

Dreaming of vacation right now
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,123
    Hey Sam! :hang_loose:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Thinking of how best to break it to my husband that I'm going to Seattle.... and how many extra shifts I'll need to do to pay for it 
    samjam said:

Sam! Great to see you here again. :smile:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    An oat milk latte tasted so good from The Cup We All Race 4 cafe. Totally worth leaving my home.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Pap said:
    Hey Sam! :hang_loose:
    SD48277 said:
    samjam said:

Sam! Great to see you here again. :smile:
    Hi guys!

(Im)patiently waiting on Wrigley results now...trying to stay focused at work :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Waiting to hear about the lottery.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Why I am struggling with my painting.
    This was my first Valentine’s Day in a long time without a valentine. Not really much different than those in previous years. I guess we won’t be missing much. 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I found an Elvis Presley vinyl in my Wanda's collection. A Canadian Tribute gold vinyl

Perhaps the greatest thing I've ever owned. 
    What's it worth. I wonder. 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    It's worth a good listen
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347

I was just told that I need to let a shitload of people go.  Many of them are awesome and are just lower level people getting caught up in a big company wide net of 'we need change'.  Some are friends of mine.  I am not cut out for this type of shit.

This fucking sucks.

Goddamn it.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Saltzy23 said:

I was just told that I need to let a shitload of people go.  Many of them are awesome and are just lower level people getting caught up in a big company wide net of 'we need change'.  Some are friends of mine.  I am not cut out for this type of shit.

This fucking sucks.

Goddamn it.

I feel sorry for you! That must be horrible... I could never do that. 
    Yeah it definitely sucks... 
    Good luck to you and these poor people!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    edited February 2018
    I'm about as depressed as I ever have been for at least a few years.  I get attacked today by a guy with a heavy black club, just escape injury (or worse) and post it on a few places because Im still freaked the fuck out  about it and the first responses I get are jokes- one implying I must have been attacked because I look look gay (and although I'm not gay, I don't give a fuck if I "look gay".. So what?  I've worn a dress before.  So the fuck what?)  Goddamn I'm discouraged with this world. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,414
    brianlux said:
    I'm about as depressed as I ever have been for at least a few years.  I get attacked today by a guy with a heavy black club, just escape injury (or worse) and post it on a few places because Im still freaked the fuck out  about it and the first responses I get are jokes- one implying I must have been attacked because I look look gay (and although I'm not gay, I don't give a fuck if I "look gay".. So what?  I've worn a dress before.  So the fuck what?)  Goddamn I'm discouraged with this world. 
    Fuck Brian, thats terrible..i can't believe this is happening man..hope you are fine..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    brianlux said:
    Fuck dude, glad you are okay (physically at least).
    World sucks at times man.
    I almost got assaulted on the train by a guy off his head on crystal meth not too long ago.
    I was freaked out for 48 hours, had to speak to my friend who calmed me a bit.
    brianlux said:
    Holy crap! I am so sorry this happened. I hope you are doing better today.
    ELITIST FUK
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    SD48277 said:
    brianlux said:
    Holy crap! I am so sorry this happened. I hope you are doing better today.

me too, man

are you ok?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2