Kiss

ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
When i was 10 we destroyed my kiss records because we were religious nuts. 
Now I'm 44 and I'm buying em back. 
First purchase is Kiss Alive

Nice to kiss you

Comments

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Shyner said:
    When i was 10 we destroyed my kiss records because we were religious nuts. 
    Now I'm 44 and I'm buying em back. 
    First purchase is Kiss Alive

Nice to kiss you
    Enjoy picking these all back up. The 2014 reissues are very good imo, and cheap to find. A couple that exceeded my expectations were S/T, Alive and Dressed To Kill.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Thanks. Kiss is my blood. I will enjoy getting my collection back. Looking forward to Alive,Alive II and can't wait to get unplugged as well. 
  • Save some time and just get the Kissteria complete box set for a measley $1600
    Save some time and just get the Kissteria complete box set for a measley $1600
    No way dude. I broke. 
  • Wasn’t serious. I can’t believe anyone would pay that price for a box set.
  • Alive II is awesome!

Larger Than Life off that album is an underrated, underplayed Kiss tune.

Rock and Roll Over was my favourite studio album back in  the day. Love Gun as well. Dressed to Kill too!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • I GOT A BODY BUILT FOR SIN AND APPETITE FOR PASSION
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Wasn’t serious. I can’t believe anyone would pay that price for a box set.
    I say that about half the pj stuff I see for sale here, eBay and Facebook. To each their own. I'd buy that kiss box set before I ever pay for a Benny vinyl 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Have any of you ever seen Kiss live? They came to Ireland in 2010, and it was one of the most memorable shows I ever attended. Like a circus.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • I saw them and loved it!
    What era did you see them in? Sadly they haven't been to Ireland since I saw them. I haven't really followed what they've been doing since then!
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • I saw them in 2011.

They played my hometown. It was fabulous. All in attendance agreed.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited February 2018
    I've seen KISS a handful of times over the years. God of Thunder live is one of the greastest rock n roll spectacles ever. The best KISS show I saw was when they had Motley Crue open for them.  One of my top 10 all-time shows. And if you think PJ fans are nuts the KISS Army are completely out of their minds.
    Post edited by jerparker20 on
  • Would love to see them. But did start to listen to them this summer, two months after they toured my city...

Would rather go see Ace Frehley than Kiss though.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Destroyer is an amazing album.  I need to pick that up on vinyl!
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    I used to think Kiss was a totally lame glam band with stupid costumes and that gawd awful tongue thing but then two bands, one that I like a lot, Cheap Trick, and one that is a long-time favorite, The Replacements, referenced/ covered them with "Surrender" and "Black Diamond".  I'm still not a huge Kiss fan, but they did make some good rock 'n' roll music... despite that gawd awful tongue thing. lol!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

The Replacements and the Melvins referencing and covering them were one of the things that made me more open to their music. Not to mention Nirvana as well actually, and Alice In Chains. Come to think of it, a lot of the indie and grunge bands seemed to listen to them when they were kids. There's no denying that some of it is a bit over the top, but there is room for ironic listening in my musical journey I certainly feel.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • brianlux said:
    I used to think Kiss was a totally lame glam band with stupid costumes and that gawd awful tongue thing but then two bands, one that I like a lot, Cheap Trick, and one that is a long-time favorite, The Replacements, referenced/ covered them with "Surrender" and "Black Diamond".  I'm still not a huge Kiss fan, but they did make some good rock 'n' roll music... despite that gawd awful tongue thing. lol!
    Listen to Aces 1978 solo album. It's genuinely great.

I am thinking kiss pj vinyl collection can only buy 1 record. Torn though. I think it has to be kiss alive because of my youthful love for kiss. Realistically pj is the more solid band with actual insightful lyrics. What do i do? 
  • If you're only buying one... buy Double Platinum.
  • If you're buying one.... buy ALIVE III

Too late. I said mine first.

Just wanted to throw in ALIVE III, because it sounds great (especially Deuce).

Alive ii over Destroyer?

Alive ii over Destroyer?
    I'd say yes.

Just wanted to throw in ALIVE III, because it sounds great (especially Deuce).
    I was just clowning around. Picking one album is tough to do.

Alive ii over Destroyer?
    Love Gun and Creatures of the Night AND Torpedo Girl over Destroyer.
  • ^^^

Love Gun for sure!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2018
    By the way, I guess many people look past Psycho Circus (fun title song though) but don't sleep on Ace's Into The Void

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bxQGhTKCvU 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville