Options

The Misfits Reunion!!!

The OG band, or part of it, is touring.

I went to get tix today and  a pair of GA was $534.

Guess who isn't going to see them.

Good luck selling out that shit!

Comments

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

So what you're saying is, "I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind said:

So what you're saying is, "I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch!"
    You'd better think about it baby!!!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    YES! Reserved seating is like 100$ a pop. Most likely won't be going myself as we're expecting our first child in April. Should be a rad concert though!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    YES! Reserved seating is like 100$ a pop. Most likely won't be going myself as we're expecting our first child in April. Should be a rad concert though!
    I don't think it will have the magic it did back in the early days of the band but I'd still like to see them!
  • Options
    I don't think it will have the magic it did back in the early days of the band but I'd still like to see them!
    Nah far from it. But seeing Danzig sing all those old songs with Jerry and Doyle would be worth it for me.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    I think this would be a very fun show to see, but not at those prices.

I saw Glenn and Doyle together a few years ago on the Danzig Legacy tour. Although Glenn's voice ain't quite there anymore, it was a blast! 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    I saw the Misfits show in L.A. this past December....it was a good show, but the ticket prices were outrageous....a total cash grab!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I saw the Misfits show in L.A. this past December....it was a good show, but the ticket prices were outrageous....a total cash grab!
    Big reason why I'm not going to do it is the cost.  One of my favorite all time bands...

Too bad
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,709
    $534??

Good grief!  There is not a band on earth I would pay that much to see.  We'll, OK maybe a triple billing of Pearl Jam/ Neil Young and Crazy Horse/ The Replacements in a smaller cozy theater.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    $534??

Good grief!  There is not a band on earth I would pay that much to see.  We'll, OK maybe a triple billing of Pearl Jam/ Neil Young and Crazy Horse/ The Replacements in a smaller cozy theater.
    You'd have to give me a signed poster too... By the band(s)...
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    $534??

Absolutely! 

Oh, and added special guest: Dinosaur Jr!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    $534??

Absolutely! 

lol.

What's disgusting about this is I bought VIP/GA Primus/Mastadon tix cheaper than this AND I get a signed poster by Primus, a meet and greet, lanyard, merch gift and early entry with my ticket.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    $534??

Absolutely! 

lol.

What's disgusting about this is I bought VIP/GA Primus/Mastadon tix cheaper than this AND I get a signed poster by Primus, a meet and greet, lanyard, merch gift and early entry with my ticket.
    Nice!

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,996
    So ticket prices came down and they were $139 a piece...

I went.

I loved it.  Even though they were a little off and the sound wasn't perfect and Danzig sounded winded I loved it.

I got to see one of my favorite bands of all time do Hybrid moments, Astro Zombies, Hell breaks loose and Some kind of love.

Man oh man was this show fun!

If I had heard Return of the fly I might have fainted.
  • Options

I went.

I loved it.  Even though they were a little off and the sound wasn't perfect and Danzig sounded winded I loved it.

I got to see one of my favorite bands of all time do Hybrid moments, Astro Zombies, Hell breaks loose and Some kind of love.

Badass! I also went...  got a last minute GA ticket for 115$ and so glad i did. It was great to hear all those songs by those dudes and all the openers were great too! Great fucking time!
  • Options

I went.

Badass! I also went...  got a last minute GA ticket for 115$ and so glad i did. It was great to hear all those songs by those dudes and all the openers were great too! Great fucking time!
    We could have met up again!

Suicidal was interesting to see live.  I never realized how much of a spaz Muir is, lol.
  • Options
    Yeah it was a last minute thing for me. Inlaws are in town so they could help with the baby. Haha... yeah he had some interesting dance moves... Seeing Harley was cool too. I love the cromags and just finished his book so that was rad. 
  • Options
    Misfits tix up for sale again!  @ MSG this time.

$250 for GA.

Each Ticket.

U
    C
    K

Y
    O
    U
    !

I'll wait or I won't see them.

F that.
  • Options
    Smokin'!

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Misfits tix up for sale again!  @ MSG this time.

$250 for GA.

Each Ticket.

U
    C
    K

Y
    O
    U
    !

I'll wait or I won't see them.

F that.
    Dude who sold me my Forester swore he was the touring manager and bus driver for them. I should give ole Brad a call... :wink: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I can't believe ticket prices today.  It's insane.  Even accounting for inflation, it's sheer highway robbery.  In my late teens and early twenties making minimum wage it was no big financial sacrifice to get to see MAJOR name bands.  Miles Davis is at Fillmore West this weekend?  Sure, let's go check it out.  Now days, no way.  Sad!

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,294
    brianlux said:
    I can't believe ticket prices today.  It's insane.  Even accounting for inflation, it's sheer highway robbery.  In my late teens and early twenties making minimum wage it was no big financial sacrifice to get to see MAJOR name bands.  Miles Davis is at Fillmore West this weekend?  Sure, let's go check it out.  Now days, no way.  Sad!
    Paid $15 to see Led Zeppelin @nassau coliseum 1975 we were in the last row up side stage loved every second of it , fireworks & all the place rocked ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,783
    Saw Doyle for 25 bucks a few years ago at a local nj club. Was a cool show. Not close to sold out. Singer came out covered in blood and sung his guts out. Drummer beat the hell out of his drums. Young copycats playing with an og horrorpunk but they were pure...
    Hope he swings by my hood again. Likely wont if of people pay madcash for misfits.
  • Options
    I went to the last show buying tix day of for HALF OFF!!!

ill wait. 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    These Misfits dates are happening as a result of a legal settlement between Doyle & Danzig.....strictly business.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    These Misfits dates are happening as a result of a legal settlement between Doyle & Danzig.....strictly business.
    Ahhhhh, that would explain the pricing.

Glenn is all about the dough-ray-ME.
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    The Seattle show was worth the price of admission.
  • Options
    The Seattle show was worth the price of admission.
    I'm going to go Im just waiting for tix to be cheaper.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,888
    Loujoe said:
    Saw Doyle for 25 bucks a few years ago at a local nj club. Was a cool show. Not close to sold out. Singer came out covered in blood and sung his guts out. Drummer beat the hell out of his drums. Young copycats playing with an og horrorpunk but they were pure...
    Hope he swings by my hood again. Likely wont if of people pay madcash for misfits.
    I've seen Danzig and Doyle do their Misfits set a couple times and it was a blast, even though Fat Evil Elvis was outta breath for some of the show. I don't feel like Jerry would make it that much better. I have been hearing good things about the show, but I'd like to know how it compares with the Jerry-less Danzig shows.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    So the last ever Misfits show was at MSG or so you would think...  They are having an additional show at the Prudential center in Jersey...

The money must be good!

EDIT:  It's Wells Fargo center...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on