Options

'The Home Shows' X 'The Away Shows'

Comments

• Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    edited February 2018
    Last year I entered the Let’s Play Two contest here in Canada for a trip for two to Chicago for any dates in 2018. I ended up winning the Grand Prize. I was able to wait it a bit to see what shows were coming down the pipe for any band, and then this happens. Well, as of today I’m confirmed to be in Chicago for Aug 18 for free (from Calgary). Can only wish I get tickets to the show as well. If not, I’ll be outside the stadium. :) It’s also my bday weekend. What are the chances of all this lining up? Haha. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,833
    AAJC said:
    Last year I entered the Let’s Play Two contest here in Canada for a trip for two to Chicago for any dates in 2018. I ended up winning the Grand Prize. I was able to wait it a bit to see what shows were coming down the pipe for any band, and then this happens. Well, as of today I’m confirmed to be in Chicago for Aug 18 for free (from Calgary). Can only wish I get tickets to the show as well. If not, I’ll be outside the stadium. :) It’s also my bday weekend. What are the chances of all this lining up? Haha. 
    Man, that's awesome :clap: The stars have officially aligned, ha. Congrats and best of luck scoring tix!!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    AAJC said:

you'll score tix.

just make sure you choose wisely!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm shocked that we still don't have exact ticket prices for the shows.  
    92-112 plus fees

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
    2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I'm happy they gave us the 2 week planning period.  Having them announce the shows and then have to buy the tickets within a week is stressful for me!  I have peeps to consult with and money to move around! It's a win win IMO.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    lolobugg said:
    AAJC said:

you'll score tix.

Yeah? I’ve got only one show... Aug 18 to choose. What’s the best game plan to win in the lottery? Reserved as 1st choice and GA as 2nd choice? Or does it really matter?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Were ticket prices released before the lottery went live in the past?  I thought I remembered seeing prices for the first time when making my lottery picks. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    AAJC said:
    lolobugg said:
    AAJC said:

you'll score tix.

Yeah? I’ve got only one show... Aug 18 to choose. What’s the best game plan to win in the lottery? Reserved as 1st choice and GA as 2nd choice? Or does it really matter?

Yeah, reserved first should be the most likely way to score tickets 
  • Options
    Hey,  I was wondering if someone out there can answer a question about the Fenway shows? I was at the 8/4/16 show is the grandstands but this year I renewed my fan club membership and want to be CLOSER! Is GA the pit in front of the stage?? If you end up with these tickets how early do you have to get there to get closer to the stage? Is it safe to say reserved seats will NOT be near the stage? 
    Any help would be great! What should I pick for my first choice GA or reserved???
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177
    Hey,  I was wondering if someone out there can answer a question about the Fenway shows? I was at the 8/4/16 show is the grandstands but this year I renewed my fan club membership and want to be CLOSER! Is GA the pit in front of the stage?? If you end up with these tickets how early do you have to get there to get closer to the stage? Is it safe to say reserved seats will NOT be near the stage? 
    Any help would be great! What should I pick for my first choice GA or reserved???

No GA at Fenway this year.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    P.wallP.wall Posts: 12
    OK, i am sure this has been noted but i wanted to make sure of this:

Feb 7 @ 1pm PST - as long as you are a member by the date outlined, you will be able to log on and select to be part of the draw.  There is no need to fill anything out and the verified by ticketmaster is an entirely different entity (which i have also signed up for)?

I just want to know that i am good to go for the 7th without having to further register.

Sorry to repeat on this but i am your classic over thinker.

Stephen
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  • Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    P.wall said:

Feb 7 @ 1pm PST - as long as you are a member by the date outlined, you will be able to log on and select to be part of the draw.  There is no need to fill anything out and the verified by ticketmaster is an entirely different entity (which i have also signed up for)?

I just want to know that i am good to go for the 7th without having to further register.

Stephen
    Correct

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,734
    P.wall said:

Stephen
    Yes there will be a link on the 7th for you to make your picks as long as you were a member on or before Jan 22 2018. If you need to change your picks cancel the whole order and start again at no penalty. 
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    P.wall said:

Feb 7 @ 1pm PST - as long as you are a member by the date outlined, you will be able to log on and select to be part of the draw.  
    The lottery opens at 10 am PT (1pm ET) that day.
  • Options
    P.wallP.wall Posts: 12
    Thanks!
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
  • Options
    Maybe this should be in a different thread but during 2016 there were little extras throughout the tour. Full album shows, the in between shows event at the Blue Note in Boston (That was awesome!!!), the rooftop show in Chicago. Anyone think there will be any treats this year in between or before the Stadium Shows? I am excited to be going to Seattle for both... Maybe something at the Showbox on the 9th? 

• Options
    @ p.wall, you had to be member by the announcement, Jan 23rd I believe it was
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    glad to have more peeps to discuss something of interest!!  my hubby gets PJ overload I think, his eyes glaze over...lol..

Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,512
    edited February 2018
    Sprunkn7 said:
    I'm happy they gave us the 2 week planning period.  Having them announce the shows and then have to buy the tickets within a week is stressful for me!  I have peeps to consult with and money to move around! It's a win win IMO.
    Yeah, I agree. Some people need that much time to rake together enough money to pay for the tix. Fans aren't all prepared with hundreds of dollars to immediately spare without a little planning or shifting priorities around or whatever. Having a few weeks to prepare for the ticket purchase is probably very helpful for some. Others are probably helped by the time because they need to give their employers some time to consider the needed time off. Not all bosses can answer that kind of thing in a day or a week.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    I need a bigger rake!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    PJ_Soul said:p
    Sprunkn7 said:
    Yeah, I agree. Some people need that much time to rake together enough money to pay for the tix. Fans aren't all prepared with hundreds of dollars to immediately spare without a little planning or shifting priorities around or whatever. Having a few weeks to prepare for the ticket purchase is probably very helpful for some. Others are probably helped by the time because they need to give their employers some time to consider the needed time off. Not all bosses can answer that kind of thing in a day or a week.

The performers are getting 8 months notice what the gate will be, lol they know it's a sellout. To give fans two weeks to figure out scheduling, money, who can make it in the group, is fair. Thank you performers!
  • Options
    Anyone looking for a ticket buddy for the 8/10 show in Seattle? Would be willing to be the second ticket in either GA or reserved if someone is looking...
  • Options
    lazyjc22lazyjc22 Posts: 128
    Anyone know (I read all of the new ticket stuff but couldn't find the answer to this) who is e-mailing us after the lottery drawings are done?  Ten Club, or Ticketbastard?  Thanks. 
  • Options
    lazyjc22 said:
    Anyone know (I read all of the new ticket stuff but couldn't find the answer to this) who is e-mailing us after the lottery drawings are done?  Ten Club, or Ticketbastard?  Thanks. 
    Ten Club will send you your Win / Lose email.  If they do it the same way as before the people who enter first  (on feb 7th) find out first.  If you enter last minute you will be in the last batch of emails. Thats how I have always found it to be anyway.
  • Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    Sprunkn7 said:
    lazyjc22 said:
    Ten Club will send you your Win / Lose email.  If they do it the same way as before the people who enter first  (on feb 7th) find out first.  If you enter last minute you will be in the last batch of emails. Thats how I have always found it to be anyway.

How quick is the turn around to find out if you get the tickets you requested?
  • Options
    twmills said:
    Sprunkn7 said:
    lazyjc22 said:

How quick is the turn around to find out if you get the tickets you requested?
    Usually same day as the lottery closes I believe.  It can go into the late evening on the East Coast.  Again, if they do it the same as in the past.
  • Options
    when does the 10C lottery window open up?
  • Options
    Tomorrow at 10 Pacific, 1 Eastern
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,873
    edited February 2018
    Tomorrow at 10 Pacific, 1 Eastern
    Some 24 and a half hours from now, if you are counting down. :smiley:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Finger on the trigger! Caught Fenway 1 & 2 last time around. Targeting Wrigley this time around. Tall order indeed.
    Have my 10C (decent but not great seniority), the GF and I both signed up for TM Verified Fan as well. Then there's always the general public sale. 

WRIGLEY GA / PIT QUESTION: 
    How are the crowds down there? I'm good in GA usually (6' 225) but the GF is kinda petite (5'3" 115). I've usually selected Reserved seats for shows she joins me on, so she can see alright.

I figured I'd at least ask how GA does with packing in, visibility, etc?  I've done PJ GA many times so I know it's nuts to butts as you get closer to the stage, but figured I'd check about the wrigley-specific experience.... especially for shorter girls. 

Thanks! 

Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement.